7.9

1. May 15, 2012
    WoW will forever be known as 'THAT MMO'. The first MMO to make MMORPGs a mainstream game. It was and forever will be the biggest game of it's generation and forever to come.
  2. Aug 26, 2012
    It was fun when it came out. For some players it was the golden age of WoW. Sadly this part of Wow didn't age well. And this is the part where writers started to change lore and characters. But I remember it too fondly to give it anything less than 8.
  3. JudasG.
    Jan 19, 2007
    I honestly don't understand how anyone could give a rating of 0 or 1. The amount of love and detail Blizzard continues to put in to their product is astounding. And for all those who say that it should have been free: You already get more free content than is offered from 99% of other developers. Pony up the well-worth-it asking price or enjoy your sour grapes.
  4. Aug 18, 2011
    This was a great expansion pack, and my favourite by far. I never thought you could fall in love with a video game till I found this. Even if you buy it now, you'll still feel the amazing feeling and epic aura spanning from the outland, it's a sight to behold in gaming and blizzard delivered it perfectly.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    The best game i ever see.I don't have words.This expansion is my favourite.I have 70 level gnome mage.I am good at battlegrounds and i never killed illidan stormrage.He is my favourite boss.Im playing on last wow.
  6. Sep 29, 2012
    Burning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, theBurning Crusade is my favourite expansion in the World of Warcraft universe. Though I wasn't a big fan of the Draenei race (their culture seemed kind of weird to me and a little out of the blue, but I grew to tolerate the), I didn't hate them (though I admit I liked the Outlands and the lore behind it - Blizzard made it work). I absolutely LOVED the Blood Elves - the lore, the architecture, the culture - everything - and they're the main reason I switched to the Horde. I enjoyed the addition of daily quests and dungeons that were rich in lore and provided a challenge that was worthy of the original game. Outlands was artfully done and I really enjoyed the inclusion of PvP in Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand and Zangarmarsh, which hailed back to the Sithilus and the Eastern Plaguelands in Vanilla WoW. The Isle of Quel'Danas and the progression of its development via player participation, as well as the accompanying dungeons were one of the highlights of this expansion that I will always remember fondly. Burning Crusade was an expansion that maintained the spirit of the original MMO without altering it to the point where it was unrecognizable, as later expansions did. Though WOTLK gave us some fine additions such as Achievements that gave non-hardcore players an alternative way of enjoying the game, Burning Crusade maintained the challenge and magic of the game that I feel has been lost with each expansion that followed. Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2013
    TBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesomeTBC is without a doubt the best WoW expansion pack, and my favorite time playing WoW. This game was a part of my life from 14 years old all the way to my early 20s, and TBC was by far the best. Everything in this expansion was high quality the storyline finished the story of Warcraft 3's greatest character Illidan, as well as dwelling deep into Burning Legion lore. The setting is awesome and all the zones are just amazingly well-done. The new races are my favorite of the whole game, the new instances AND raids were both challenging and memorable, and the addition of arena made the game ridiculously fun. WoW would never again reach the high point of TBC as every expansion afterwards was worse and worse (altho still pretty good). Expand
  8. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  9. Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Burning Crusade.. the first expansion. I remember I went offline in front of the Dark Portal so I can start off leveling immediately. When I went through it, I couldn't believe how much effort they had put in this expansion pack. The Graphics, NPCs, Quests (they finally had some kind of story-line), Dungeons were still really hard and Raids were for experienced players. I only got to Karazhan because it was actually that hard. The leveling itself was fun and still hard (something that can't be told for long). The professions were still hard to level ( I remember it cost me 1000 gold to get Jewelcrafting to 300). And thought the epic mount got cheaper ( I don't know if the normal got cheaper,too), but the flying mounts were really big efforts to get (normal was 1000g and epic was 5000g). This expansion pack's whole life-time was great. From Karazhan to Isle of Quel'Danas (this was my favorite part as it introduced the first kind of "phasing" and another chance to show off your teeth. By this I mean a Title that needed Exalted status and 1000 gold). This and Classic WoW were the 2 games that certainly worth the money you payed for their whole life-times. Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2010
    In my opinion this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had.
  11. DerekM.
    Apr 12, 2007
    I personally hate the game for one reason and its not because the expansion. Mainly because blizzard didnt follow the original story line very well. As being the gamer I am I rather like if somehting has a good stroy line and follows previous ones at that. I should have gave it a zero but then that wouldnt be right cause if the game had followed the story line of the previous i would have I personally hate the game for one reason and its not because the expansion. Mainly because blizzard didnt follow the original story line very well. As being the gamer I am I rather like if somehting has a good stroy line and follows previous ones at that. I should have gave it a zero but then that wouldnt be right cause if the game had followed the story line of the previous i would have gave it a 10. If you havent played the original dont play WoW please. Expand
  12. JakeT.
    Apr 12, 2007
    The Burning Crusade is hard to rate. The leveling from 60 to 70 was really nice, but at the moment you´re hitting 70 there´s nothing different than at 60. Two weeks after getting lvl 70 I feel just boring in the game and I see no reason why to go on playing the game.
  13. MaxD.
    Apr 9, 2007
    This expansion pack adds a nice addition to Wow but i am disappointed in it. The two new races and the Outlands are cool but other than that it doesn't really help characters from lvls 1-40 it is a waste of $30
  14. PhilipL.
    Jan 18, 2007
    3 points for the effort. Sadly huge ripoff and an obligation to BUY the expansion pack (better armor and higher lvl cap). Play if you like, but in my case: no thx, Guild Wars calls.
  15. SamuelC.
    Mar 3, 2007
    Better games out there...Don't be fooled by the new gear, mounts, races its the same thing it was. Instancing, raiding for counless hours It just doesnt compare too the new better mmos coming out in the market. Game hasnt gotten any better quit wasting your money$$$.
  16. PhillipM.
    Jan 31, 2007
    This is a fantastic game to play. I am personally a 62 Paladin and working my way into the higher ranks. The fact that theres tonnes of new things like abilities, races, talents, professions... the list goes on. Its probably not helpful to those not around the level 60 area, but for those who are, they're in for one heck of a journey!
  17. AngieW.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Most wonderful addition to the game, the new Draenei race is the perfect Alliance addition.
  18. ThiagoT
    Jun 27, 2008
    The worst expansion I've ever seen. Burning Crusade DESTROYED that epic atmosphere I saw at the first game. Now we play at Outland, an entire map with green gear better than epics from Azeroth dropped from Kelthuzad's own ass. Even Hellfire Peninsula looking great I think the second game should be at Northrend. everybody wanted undeads, plague everywhere, Arthas and his minions, The worst expansion I've ever seen. Burning Crusade DESTROYED that epic atmosphere I saw at the first game. Now we play at Outland, an entire map with green gear better than epics from Azeroth dropped from Kelthuzad's own ass. Even Hellfire Peninsula looking great I think the second game should be at Northrend. everybody wanted undeads, plague everywhere, Arthas and his minions, etc! And more: we like 40 man, we hate 25 man. We also hate to grind hundred hours to get gear that we have already spent on 60. Where is the lore? Sieges? New classes? Pandarens? Why blizzard destroyed Warcraft? And fuck the Lich King and its new Hero Classes! I can see the same shit done before and worst. Still have a dream called Diablo 3. Expand
  19. SebastianB.
    Apr 7, 2007
    A boring game which makes people addicted! Don't start playing cause you can't stop again. And the graphics is nothing compared to many other games.
  20. OnurYuksel
    May 6, 2007
    I am playing WOW more than 2 year.I have paladin 70 level.but I really bored playing Wow.Before patch everything is perfect.Our guild members and me love playing it.We made hundreds of BWL MC A.Q and Naxx. we got our Sets T1 T2 T2.5. T3 nearly playing 1 year and more raids.We gave our all.After the BC patch Level 63 items are better than our T3 T2 T1 items.that means Blizzard forgetI am playing WOW more than 2 year.I have paladin 70 level.but I really bored playing Wow.Before patch everything is perfect.Our guild members and me love playing it.We made hundreds of BWL MC A.Q and Naxx. we got our Sets T1 T2 T2.5. T3 nearly playing 1 year and more raids.We gave our all.After the BC patch Level 63 items are better than our T3 T2 T1 items.that means Blizzard forget and don t think our efforts.Then I think when we again start Raid for T4 T5 .Blizzard again will release other patch to 80 level or up.Also our efforts will gone ! So dont play BC...... Expand
  21. DerickC.
    Apr 2, 2007
    I was expecting the expansion to be nothing short of a major improvement of the World of Warcraft such as the Frozen Throne expansion for Warcraft 3. This was sadly wrong, as this expansion had not, in my opinion added enough content into the original to make it more appealing to new players then it was before. The game still has the same repetitive gameplay and features. Even something I was expecting the expansion to be nothing short of a major improvement of the World of Warcraft such as the Frozen Throne expansion for Warcraft 3. This was sadly wrong, as this expansion had not, in my opinion added enough content into the original to make it more appealing to new players then it was before. The game still has the same repetitive gameplay and features. Even something like a minor graphic update would have been welcomed. Despite these points, the expansion is still very effective in terms of giving current World of Warcraft players more things to do and run around for. However, I don't think that wasting 40 dollars is worth it as they should have given the content for free. Expand
  22. RobertC.
    Jul 20, 2007
    The end game ruins the game grind grind boring as hell. pvp is ok but too unbalanced especially the classes that fear you over and over and over wow fun.
  23. MikeP.
    Aug 30, 2007
    A lot of new material that isn't necessarily a good thing, once you get to 70 you realize that the only thing to do is grind to get the materials for Items, for rep to get items and instances to get items. With that all said it's fun to explore everything and get new powers, but I think it kinda broke it's fan base. I had just gotten to 60 when the expansion came out, but I A lot of new material that isn't necessarily a good thing, once you get to 70 you realize that the only thing to do is grind to get the materials for Items, for rep to get items and instances to get items. With that all said it's fun to explore everything and get new powers, but I think it kinda broke it's fan base. I had just gotten to 60 when the expansion came out, but I would feel that for the people who had spent like 400 hours raiding before the expansion came out and had everything would be annoyed as hell that you can get better items just from playing the expansion for an hour. It's really well decorated grinding when it comes down to it. Furthermore, with the news of another expansion in the works it makes 30-40% of the content in this game pointless because the most powerful items in this game will be overshadowed in the first hour of the next one most likely. Expand
  24. BrianP
    Sep 4, 2008
    Basically this expansion took wow and launched it again but without the magic and addictiveness of the first installment. With gamebreaking problems and balance issues (warrior, RNG, ect) TBC might as well have not even been released.
  25. JoeJok
    Jan 17, 2007
    This game is laughable. It's amazing what people will pay just for an upgrade that really should be downloadable. Blizzard will keep on sucking the money out of all of you fools.
  26. ZapB.
    Jan 18, 2007
    More, but strangely, less.. I played the beta and was so turned off that I managed to break free of my WoW addiction.. It's kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what it is about the BC that turned me off to WoW, but prior to playing the beta I was playing 20-30 hrs a week :(. Something about the expansion just feels vacant, soulless.. The content feels far more contrived than the More, but strangely, less.. I played the beta and was so turned off that I managed to break free of my WoW addiction.. It's kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what it is about the BC that turned me off to WoW, but prior to playing the beta I was playing 20-30 hrs a week :(. Something about the expansion just feels vacant, soulless.. The content feels far more contrived than the original. The immersion effect just isn't there like it was in the original. Somehow the content feels noticeably man-made and less organic. Maybe it's just me, maybe I just played too darn much of the original, but to me the expansion feels forced and awkward. I never had any of those OMG moments like in the original the first time you fly into IF. Btw, I have 3 60s, but only played my mage. I got to him to 63 before getting tired of the game. I haven't played the game since. Another thing that drove me nuts, I worked for months collecting epics in the original to get 7/8 tier I gear and was really angry to discover that I could pretty much replace all my epics by level 62. That totally blew. Oh yeah, and the flying mounts look kinda lame. I never got to fly one, but they just look fake the way you hover in place.. Overall the game was a disappointment, but hey I got my rl back and still have a gf :). Expand
  27. SomeGuy
    Jan 22, 2007
    This game has been going too long...people are losing their lives with this game and I'm now no longer one of them. This add-on isn't worth the $40. I went to a friends house to check it out and realized it's not worth the money. I also realized it's just a game and not worth the time. I've given it a "2" because if it was only $20 or less it would get a "8"This game has been going too long...people are losing their lives with this game and I'm now no longer one of them. This add-on isn't worth the $40. I went to a friends house to check it out and realized it's not worth the money. I also realized it's just a game and not worth the time. I've given it a "2" because if it was only $20 or less it would get a "8" but because it's $40 I will give it a very poor rating...just another way to give us not much for our money. Expand
  28. JesusC
    Jan 29, 2007
    An uninspiring expansion; it's the same old game packaged in a new shiny box. Between the grinding, the Barrens chat, and the tedious raiding you should all see that WoW is a crappy game that sucks the life out of you simply because you have hopes of making your character better. Your character doesn't exist IRL by the way.
  29. EhrenM.
    Feb 16, 2007
    Same mechanics all my characters have been through in wow, this expansion just adds more content to keep you in line and paying. Same old low-end and outdated cartoonish graphics, that don't make use of new modeling and lighting techniques which made basically every other game now so gorgeous. This game feels very old on my system to be honest. As above, no improvement in gameplay, Same mechanics all my characters have been through in wow, this expansion just adds more content to keep you in line and paying. Same old low-end and outdated cartoonish graphics, that don't make use of new modeling and lighting techniques which made basically every other game now so gorgeous. This game feels very old on my system to be honest. As above, no improvement in gameplay, even the quests feel the same, only new content that willl last you a few more months. Just compare this not as an MMO, but a game by itself with most games out there in the past 2 years and I'll be perfectly clear to those who are not already hopelessly addicted. Expand
  30. CarlC.
    Mar 1, 2007
    A little disappointing but it does add new content. Not what I expected.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    New areas and races are well thought out and there is tons of stuff to do. Some hardcore raiders will not love the new 25 player raid cap, though, and the guild aspect of the game could have used more improvements. [Jan 2007]
    The new locations, characters, items, and monsters are nothing short of awesome. The voice acting is perfect, the sound effects spot-on, and the score at times both ominous and uplifting.
    Launch issues aside, there's absolutely no reason why any World of Warcraft player should hesitate to pick it up. Consider it essential.