7.9

1. PhillipM.
    Jan 31, 2007
    This is a fantastic game to play. I am personally a 62 Paladin and working my way into the higher ranks. The fact that theres tonnes of new things like abilities, races, talents, professions... the list goes on. Its probably not helpful to those not around the level 60 area, but for those who are, they're in for one heck of a journey!
  2. AngieW.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Most wonderful addition to the game, the new Draenei race is the perfect Alliance addition.
  3. DavidH.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Amazing new content! This is a must buy for the legions of WoW fans around the world. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
  4. Hyjal
    Jan 21, 2007
    L2P if you gave this less than a 8. This game pwns GW. The xp is fantastic. First set of quests are new and fresh. Most people will upgrade their gear within 3hrs of playing, unless you have full T2 or T3. And the quests let you make a TON of gold. I had made over 35g in 1hr via quests. This game was way worth the $$$. Thanks Blizzard for all your hard work and a great xp! Keep it up!
  5. LoganH.
    Jan 21, 2007
    Great story, ALOT of new content added, and the two new races are AMAZING! A MUST BUY IF YOU OWN World of Warcraft!
  6. ThornR.
    Feb 12, 2007
    After doing almost everything I could as a lvl 60 I am to be able to play this game. Now a lvl 70, I have so much more end game content to explore. This expansion was well worth the money and the wait.
  7. JamesP.
    Feb 19, 2007
    The depth of the quests in Shadowmoon Valley alone give this game an amazing feeling, this expansion is the better game of its predecessors, the new races come at a very good time and dungeons have become an excellent challenge, lag and stuff may sometimes be still an issue butthis still gets a 10 from me, not disappointed by 1 bit, this game is *EPIC*.
  8. TomE.
    Jan 17, 2007
    I've been playing WoW for a long time now, have several 60'd and a number of other various level characters. BC gives us players a chance to explore a TON of new content, or start new races. With Paladins for the Horde and Shamans for the Allaince we all now have to rethink how runs can be done. I love the new 25 man cap for raids, sinec it means mid-sized guilds now have a I've been playing WoW for a long time now, have several 60'd and a number of other various level characters. BC gives us players a chance to explore a TON of new content, or start new races. With Paladins for the Horde and Shamans for the Allaince we all now have to rethink how runs can be done. I love the new 25 man cap for raids, sinec it means mid-sized guilds now have a shot, not just the big hardcore ones. Expand
  9. JM
    Jan 18, 2007
    Loving this expansion pack so far. There is tons of new content for both the hard core and casual players alike. The new continent of Outland is expansive and very scenic, and the new quests are extremely well implemented. All told, a must buy for any WoW player. And if you hit level 60 and got bored (like many have, I'm sure), here's a reason to keep playing. A terrific expansion pack.
  10. Melf
    Jan 18, 2007
    As a person who DINGed last around May 2005, this is a MUCH anticipated and loved expansion. The first few zones are very fun and the quests can be soloed and grouped without difficulty. Rep grinding is non existent and world pvp is back once again! Job well done!
    Jan 19, 2007
    If you aren't a WOW player, than this has no meaning to you, and Blizz told buyers from the start that it would cost money. sheiza. Great Game Expansion, Alliance FTW.
  12. aidonispanos
    Jan 27, 2007
    Perfect game for this kind..!!!!
  13. SamG.
    Feb 16, 2007
    The best add on I have seen, the graphics are good and there is more to explore.
  14. HadynD.
    Jan 17, 2007
    Well done Blizzard. Great new content and the new realms have that epic big budget movie feel!
  15. DekothC.
    Jan 18, 2007
    If you look at past MMO's, this expansion is almost like two expansions in one, the two new races could have easily been separate from the new Outland continent; which is now easily one of the most awe-inspiring areas available in the game with unique quests, such as flying over forces of the Legion and dropping bombs from above. The blood elves look superb, giving the Horde a If you look at past MMO's, this expansion is almost like two expansions in one, the two new races could have easily been separate from the new Outland continent; which is now easily one of the most awe-inspiring areas available in the game with unique quests, such as flying over forces of the Legion and dropping bombs from above. The blood elves look superb, giving the Horde a 'pretty' race, and have wonderful new quests and zones. Its saddening to see users give this bad reviews without even looking into it. I'm having such a joy just to adventure around in new, unfamiliar lands. Expand
  16. RobT.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Excellent game, just like every other game blizz has ever made , I love the look and feel of outland so far,top job blizz. Also,if you are reviewing box art or objecting to Blizzards marketing go somewhere else, this is for judging a game based on its actual content.
  17. JudasG.
    Jan 19, 2007
    I honestly don't understand how anyone could give a rating of 0 or 1. The amount of love and detail Blizzard continues to put in to their product is astounding. And for all those who say that it should have been free: You already get more free content than is offered from 99% of other developers. Pony up the well-worth-it asking price or enjoy your sour grapes.
  18. GaryS.
    Jan 19, 2007
    LOL, what is with all the bad reviews? Have you got a grudge against Blizzard or something. WoW is a really great game, the expansion is fantastic! If it is not your personal preference then fine, but don't insult people who do like it.
  19. TomR
    Jan 19, 2007
    Very well done. The art design kicks ass. A lot of design issues in raids / groups were addressed making more classes viable in more situations; And in general opening up the content to more people. Quests are well done for the most part. I've defineitely enjoyed the first 3 zones.

@ Joe Jok - Roflwaffle on ur face... Download around 8 bg's of stuff... Yeah, just think about how long it took you to download that much p0rn in your mom's basement *hands u a tissue*
  20. AndyC.
    Feb 12, 2007
    Simply awesome - if you like WoW you need to buy this!
  21. GeeMorin
    Apr 13, 2007
    So freakin addictive!
  22. Oct 2, 2010
    In my opinion this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had.
  23. Nov 22, 2014
    Anybody who really wants to play WoW needs to first build a time machine and go back to January 17th, 2007. What came before that date was a bugged, unbalanced and quite grindy game and what came after The Burning Crusade was a bungle of trivial, repetitive trash, cleverly camouflaged as "casual". On January 17th, 2007 though, World of Warcraft was great and would remain almost perfect forAnybody who really wants to play WoW needs to first build a time machine and go back to January 17th, 2007. What came before that date was a bugged, unbalanced and quite grindy game and what came after The Burning Crusade was a bungle of trivial, repetitive trash, cleverly camouflaged as "casual". On January 17th, 2007 though, World of Warcraft was great and would remain almost perfect for nearly two years. Every aspect of the game was still a proper challenge for people with brains, it had been updated in all the appropriate ways and dungeons were hard so that people had to actually learn how to play and cooperate to get through them. In fact it rewarded teamwork, dedication and social abilities across the board, exactly like an MMORPG is supposed to.

Playing any other version of WoW than TBC is a flawed experience which is either too time consuming and poorly itemized or a poorly veiled insult to your intelligence. So what are you waiting for? Get cracking on that time machine immediately!
  24. Dec 22, 2011
    Best expansion by far. It had the most original raid content, difficult instances and plenty to do. Sure it was grindy, but this entire game is -- it's an MMO!
  25. Aug 18, 2011
    This was a great expansion pack, and my favourite by far. I never thought you could fall in love with a video game till I found this. Even if you buy it now, you'll still feel the amazing feeling and epic aura spanning from the outland, it's a sight to behold in gaming and blizzard delivered it perfectly.
  26. JnD
    Oct 2, 2011
    This isn't the most helpful review, but as most others said TBC was the pinnacle of what WoW had to offer. I'm not sure why, but the developers made some drastic, and in my opinion negative changes to the game, and it's never been able to rebound from the first wave of Wrath content.
  27. Jan 1, 2012
    I found this to be the last real good addon for Wow since it only increased the size of the game but left everything else untouched. Meaning for example general game orientation towards target groups and game balance were left the same like in classic wow.

The new zones and instances were well designed und fun to play.
  28. May 15, 2012
    WoW will forever be known as 'THAT MMO'. The first MMO to make MMORPGs a mainstream game. It was and forever will be the biggest game of it's generation and forever to come.
  29. Jul 30, 2012
    "this expansion was the peak of this game, every raid dungeon was difficult before the "nerf" and there was still a level of difficulty involved while having many things available for the casual gamer. This expansion set the perfect balance or the best balance this game has ever had." I quoted becaus it was my exact opinion
  30. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Burning Crusade was the first expansion for World of Warcraft and also my favourite expansion. Going through the Dark Portal on release day and seeing Horde and Alliance team up to battle against giant Demon-like creatures was an epic experience. Running 5 mans with my guildies and just winging it not knowing what to expect around each and every next corner was really fun that day. The different zones in Outland all had a really different look and feel to the original WoW continents. Most of them looked like alien landscapes with demonic and/or alien looking creatures in them. Nagland looked like a beautiful ancient landscape before most it had been touched by mankind. Everything was new and different and this made it a very exciting expansion. Karazhan, the entry level 10 man instance was a very fun place. In fact to this day some of my guildies like to go back and run it with no gear on just for fun of it. SSC was also really different, an underground cave system with water and elite murlocs, omg how I hated murlocs while leveling lol, and here we found epic ones that we needed to kill. TK was very futuristic looking and did not look like any of the other raids either. Black Temple was kind of meh looking but this was the prime of my raiding career in WoW so I was loving every minute of it. I was in a great semi-casual raiding guild (in those days we raided 17 hours per week spanning 4 nights, and yes back then that was semi-casual lol). We managed to kill Illidan a couple of times just before the next expansion, Wrath of the Lich King came out.

In those days, the amount of trash you had to kill was excessive in both the 5 man instances and in the raids. Also, if you did not clear a raid during the week it reset completely, there was no way to start from where you left off like you can do now which make progression really hard if you were stuck on a particular boss (which my guild often was for a few weeks). But overall my memories of this expansion were of it being my best times in WoW so I have to give this expansion a 10.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    New areas and races are well thought out and there is tons of stuff to do. Some hardcore raiders will not love the new 25 player raid cap, though, and the guild aspect of the game could have used more improvements. [Jan 2007]
    The new locations, characters, items, and monsters are nothing short of awesome. The voice acting is perfect, the sound effects spot-on, and the score at times both ominous and uplifting.
    Launch issues aside, there's absolutely no reason why any World of Warcraft player should hesitate to pick it up. Consider it essential.