7.1

1. Feb 13, 2012
    Truly awful.
    I liked the features, such as the new achievements and SOME of the dungeons, but i hated the expansion.
    After the falling in love with the BC, this came and replaced it.
    Music was brilliant, Graphics were the same, the quests were bland and the dungeons were dull.
    A real disappointment.
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Very veeeeeeery bad expansion. It's here where all the catering to bad players took it pace. Game was so easy even monkey could level to 80 and clear raids. Only thing good about Wotlk was Ulduar, one of best raids ever, everything else was crap.
  3. Aug 28, 2010
    same sh**, different colors...whatever. fu** WoW and fu** blizzard fo lyfe. I've played this sh** on and off for roughly 4 years, small sacrifice now to get cataclysm...but I feel bad for the poor bastards who will have to buy 3 games before they can get rolling in cataclysm, then the monthly fee. that's pathetic...
  4. Mar 31, 2012
    Even more terrible pvp design choices, some of the dullest raids in the history of mmos, and complete removal of any challenge and instead a leap towards 'gear+class=win'. The only positive thing about this xpac is that it wasn't Cataclysm
  5. Mar 10, 2012
    Like many others have already said....it's insulting how much they've dumbed-down everything. Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible.
  6. Jul 8, 2012
    again same crap in different wrapping,the game should be called wrath of the players,i feel sorry for every soul that buyed this piece of **** must be against some law to release this.
  7. Sep 28, 2012
    WoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a different demographic - the game is now for kids. If you enjoy paying a monthly fee AND playing with (other) children, this game might be for you. Expand
  8. DavidO.
    Sep 21, 2009
    WoW is a decent game. However it becomes monotonous after awhile. I jumped on about two months after BC came out. I found the lore of WoW on the whole to be amazing. I love the backstory, and some of of the arcs in game as well. It took me about two months to level my toon to 70, which was fine with me because I had fun doing it, and felt a sense of accomplishment when I reached that level. I found a marginally decent guild to raid with, and got some decent gear and was pretty strong I thought. I DID have fun for awhile. But you will soon realize that the fun disappears with the high end content (which is really what the game is all about). It starts to feel like more like a job than a game. Endless hours spent collecting items to level up one of your professions. And if you don't gather things yourself (because you want to spend more time on the "fun" stuff, the items are ridiculously priced on the auction house because it took that person hours of their own time to collect, which is why they want the exorbant fees they charge). If you don't have gold in the game you can go absolutely nowhere. You have to pay for repairs, and "battle buffs" aka flasks, elixirs etc., and if you're really lucky the occasional epic piece of gear that can actually be sold on the AH. So you're stuck with the montony of gathering, crafting to make money whether you like it or not. The game is also way too dependant on you finding a group of people (Guild) who's schedules and personalities seemingly align perfectly with your own. Good luck on that one. Because if you don't find a great guild, you're screwed. Completely. All the high end content is more or less raiding. And if you don't have a guild, you're not raiding. Pick up groups are a joke. Not to mention they don't have rules on who is next in line to finally recieve that awesome piece of gear you've been waiting weeks, or even months to acquire. It's just random with them. So I say again, if you don't find that perfect guild you're screwed. You won't get to experience the raids like they should be done. Not too mention, even if you do get a great guild, you can only do each seperate raid only ONCE a week. So even then you still have to sink a very huge chunk of time being a part of the guild to earn respect and senority. So you're able to get ahold of the gear that drops from raids before the newer, or "less able members" (read: people who can't devote their life to the game) of the guild. You have to consider that the raids need 10 people for the normal ones, and 25 for the heroic modes. 25 ! Twenty-five people to take on the hardest mode, and thus get the strongest gear. Assume that there are only three members who are the same class and spec as you're own. You then have to compete against them for the gear you want (assuming it even drops !). You could potentially lose out to getting new gear 2 weeks in a row ! Nothing, notta, zilch, to show for those 2 weeks of your time in the game. And of course I'm being modest with the 2 or 3 people with your same spec. It's usually 4-5. Unless you're lucky enough to stumble into a guild who doesen't have any of your chosen class (which is HIGHLY unlikely because Blizzard makes it almost essential to have at least 1 of every class to go on raids). Wrath of the Lich King is just more of the same that BC offered. Of course it made all the months I spent acquiring gear moot. And they also added a "fun" new twist that they were careful to leave out in Classic and BC; powerleveling. This just makes it ridiculously easy for people to level up new toons. You can literally do it in a few days if you wanted to. Just have a high level buddy run you through some dungeons 10-20 times. That made my sense of pride at reaching the top level disappear in an instant, because now any jackass can do it in a weekend. More raids were added, but they're still the same as before, just with a different skin on it. You'll spend MONTHS to get a full set of tiered gear. And by the time you finally do get that set, you think "Hey, finally, I'm powerful and have achieved something"; you are painfully smacked off you're pedestal by the mighty hand of Blizzard with newer raids that make you're gear obsolete. It's just too much of a time sink to actually achieve things in the game. And when you finally do, all of your time spent is made moot by the newest content. It's done over and over. I had fun for awhile, I did. But I'm done this time. I've quit and come back before, but this time I really am done. I will no longer sink months, or years of my life into a game that does nothing but rehash the same formula. So in conclusion, go ahead and pick up the game if you don't have alot of other things going on in your life. Because that's the only way you will really get anywhere. You can have fun for awhile, moreso if you're new to the game, but you WILL become tired of the constant screwovers by Blizzard. If I were you though, I'd heed my advice and just skip the game and try one of the newer MMOs out there (as I'm about to do), and hope they don't copy the same messed up formula that is WoW. Collapse

1. It’s brilliant, inspired and will easily secure their supremacy as the leader in the MMOPRG market.
  2. Seeing the innumerable changes and tune-ups to the game engine and the rules, you get the sense that World of Warcraft is a finely-tuned machine that its makers just can't stop tinkering with in an obsessive effort to keep it fresh, relevant, and above all, fun. For now, mission accomplished.
    Wrath of the Lich King takes the best-of-breed MMO and improves everything about it. It's a work of supreme confidence and quality that is twice as fun and ten times as beautiful as classic WOW, not to mention anything else in the genre. But above all else - in the breathtaking sweep of Northrend, in the assured, epic storytelling, in the constellation of brilliant quests - it is a grand adventure. Perhaps the grandest adventure in all gaming.