7.1

1. Mar 23, 2011
    The time when World of Warcraft was THE MMO. It wasn't the down-booted bantha crap that is now. This was the time when the game made you actually think about tactics, professions and others. Hell, if you compare the mounts' level and prices, you should know what I mean: Vanilla: Lvl40: around 100g,normal mount. Cataclysm/WOTLK: Lvl40: less than 100g and EPIC mount. Getting Items was another thing. When I got my first epic item, I was incredibly happy (I still remember which item it was). In newer expansions: Completely unexperienced kids running around in Full Epic because they did a heroic with some other kid who MIGHT had some XP in the game. I even had a full-epic off set from the stupid Triumph badges that dropped from heroics. To sum up, If you feel yourself as a beginner in MMOs, you might wanna try the newer Expansions first, but when you're tired of the no-challanges, you'll defineatly wanna try one of the Vanilla Private servers. Expand
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  3. Nov 5, 2010
    The best MMO i have ever played, the only one that kept me playing, and playing, and playing...
    I would put 6 because no one should ever play such good MMO, you end up in no life! i had to stop play has i was caring much the game than my own business. But Seriously, the atmosphere is wonderful, i could just spend hours fishing in some oasis at night, under a full moon and shiny stars, in
    the desolated barrens... until some sneaky skinny elf hunter unleash his tiger on my back... what are you going to do now little elf? your tiger looks like an ice cube and... you're a sheep! hum where did i set my pyroblast? ha! here we go... KEBAB!!! you have messed with the wrong undead... ho you come again? you think i got lucky? look, i do exactly the same, boum... silence of the lamb... ... ... what was that? i... ho... hum... greyish screen, blurry avatar... hum, i am dead... look like at least... yes yes... now i remember... that guy behind me that just appeared from nowhere, 2 daggers, huge dps... a rouge. i don t like rouge, i am more into the green... and you what's your game? Expand
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    If you are a gamer and haven't played World of Warcraft then you must give it a go. It is one of the most fascinating and engrossing experiences you will have in a game. The world is immense and varied. The classes all offer unique and interesting play styles. The depth of the game mechanics takes months of play to realise its full potential. Be prepared to lose some of your free time because once you are hooked you will want to play every chance you can get. It can be 'turned down' to run on low end systems or 'turned up' to run on high end systems. Don't hesitate if you haven't tried it. If you get really involved in it, you won't be disappointed. I give it a 10 because its is the best game I have ever played for an extended period of time. Expand
  5. Nov 3, 2011
    This rating (10/10), goes to the classic WoW, as it was, and still is, best game i've ever played. Its nowhere as good today as it used to, but its still the best MMO currently on the market.
  6. Aug 24, 2011
    This world of warcraft was one of the best blizzard made, with TBC on second place and WOTLK on 3rd, cataclysm was okay till blizzard (and ghostcrawler specificly) deceided to remove items and staring the chain that eventually will lead to the dethroning of a mastergame.
  7. Jan 1, 2012
    Like mentioned by a lot of other reviews todays WoW has pretty much nothing in common with the wow released back in Nov 2004. Ill give 10/10 for the game experience that was released back in 2004 and completely agree to the other reviews that mention that wow got worse with pretty much every content patch or addon, but ill judge these addons seperately.

What blizzard managed to release in
    2004 was just brilliant. A gigantic world to be explored, full of adventure and challenges and all this in flawless condition pretty much free of any major bugs. It was a completely new gameplay experience, outstandingly good in every single aspect. I still remember the very first time ive met an enemy with a dragon ornament somehow displaying it beeing "special" and how i had to find a group for the very first time in this game to be able to take it down together. It was very satisfying. Leveling a champ to lvl 60 was time consuming, same like getting an epic mount was a serious decision since they were really really expensive. Or epic items... Sure there were few people just beeing lucky to get a krol blade as world drop but that one krol blade was already worth an epic mount and someone actually having 4 or 5 epic items alltogether really meant something. Getting such amount of epic items required to solve serious difficulties. Even beating certain 5 man instances took up to 2-3 hours of concentrated gamplay and taking part at raids for epics was not for everyone. It not only required 40 people but also to do certain preparations.

Today theres pretty much nothing left of this anymore. There are close to no real difficulties left. items or mounts completely lost their meaning as award. The complete game is only about investing a lot of time and repeatedly doing the same things over and over again every single day until you finally collected enough of whatever you thought you "need" without having real satisfaction about anything at any point in gameplay anymore.
  8. Jul 30, 2012
    World of Warcraft holding in a mixed rating is not even close to be fair, most of the negative rating you can see here are raging players that would never leave the game anyway, they just don't like the way it is changing and it can be understandable but the best MMO out-there can't receive such a poor rating.. I'm putting 10, because World of Warcraft brought me the best online experience I've ever had, belonging to the ones that started at the very beginning, and I'm totally objective about my next sentence despit I tried a lot of online games: WoW is the most epic game you can experience out there it takes social, brain and good playing skills to master the game, its the most complete game ever produced and if no MMO ever did as good it's because no MMO proposed such a great and opened playstyle with an awesome universe.

when you see franchise like Star Wars, LoTR or Warhammer Online failing crappily, you understand how Blizzard game is a true work of art in it's category and changed forever the face of MMORPG games.
  9. Jan 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is in my opinion, the best MMORPG ever created, and still is today. People may often say the game is bad because of "unbalance", but in reality, it's the best it can be and the most high quality MMO on the market. I highly recommend this game for anybody who has ever had the slightest interest in RPGs. Expand
  10. Jul 3, 2012
    Still the best game out there. After 8 years nothing can top it. Guild Wars 2 may have a chance to do it but the other pretenders can't match the interface, addictive reward and advancement systems, and tremendous variety of things to do in this game.
  11. Jul 19, 2012
    I don't see how someone could hate this game. Sure it may be $15.00 a month but its worth it! For all of the haters that say its too easy, its really not. When you finish the game why don't you just restart! Also for the people who say that the end is boring? If you do everything then there will probably be another expansion out. I cant see how people could hate this. Its a beautiful game with so much content. Expand
  12. Aug 6, 2012
    The greatest MMO of all time. The often mocked graphics of WoW actually have pretty good design. Models, animations and the overall style is very beautiful and similar to Warcraft 3. Character mechanics are not too complicated or simple. The music, sounds and voices are top-notch.
    But the truly wonderful thing about WoW is its social aspect: making guilds with friends, raiding, chatting,
    making awesome guild events, levelling in groups or just messing around and doing silly stuff. This game really created fond memories that will not be forgotten. Expand
  13. Jun 4, 2013
    World of Warcraft is by far the best video game I've played in my life, and will play. I feel so much nostalgia for this game and so do the people who played back then. Blizzard truly HAS made a WORLD, a real, palpable, world.
  14. Jul 31, 2013
    Still the best MMORPG, and I hope it always will be... You can't find find the fun you have while doing RBG's or Arenas in any game but WoW. In PvE, there may be better games but talking as a PvP player; BEST!
  15. Oct 13, 2010
    This game is easily the greatest MMO ever made and firmly deserves a 10/10, engaging, value for money and a must for any gamer. Simply put - The best computer game I have ever played in my life.
  16. Oct 13, 2010
    Simply the best MMO ever released, and unfortunateley, it still is.

I have played wow untill about 8months ago and have tried numerous other MMO's, with a group of friends, since. Sadly there have only been 2 games that even come close to knocking this giant from its throne. The simple fact of the matter is that the game evolved with the player basis, they asked people what they wanted,
    and gave it to them. No other company seems able to do that. Just look at the drivel the asian MMO market has given us in the last few years. Anyway the game still has fault as Blizzard now seem to be reaching out to the more casual audience handing out none heroic loot and making encounters easier and easier. At the same time this does allow even the lowest denominator of players to experience the content before the new expansion hits stores at the end of the year. Expand
  17. Aug 27, 2012
    Quite possibly the best game of the last decade. It's pure, fun, visceral gameplay hasn't been matched yet by any MMO. Unfortunately, as with everything mainstream, some people who got bored with this game decided to attack it furiously, mostly due to frustration that their game X or Y didn't kill it as they predicted it would.
  18. Aug 18, 2011
    I loved this so much, it's definitely the best game in the universe. It offers MONTHS upon MONTHS of content you will end up with wanting to do nothing but play this game for your entire life. Blizzard are truly geniuses.
  19. Sep 18, 2011
    WoW Vanilla, during it's inception was the best of the best. It was fun, challenging and it really opened up a lot of the story from the originally Warcraft games for PC. It was something truly inspiring to behold and for all intensive purposes still is. For how long may be another story. While I cannot particularly recommend it anymore, you can always try the free-to-play until level 20 version. This will give you a good idea of what you'd be doing until level 85, if you choose to go that far. Now you can get this and the Burning Crusade expansion for $20. So, if you want a 70 twink, it's wonderful. Otherwise you'll have to purchase the other two expansions (around $40.00 each or $80 and 10% off with a current special from the Blizzard Online Store) to get the newer content. It really depends on your person if you should do that. I would recommend trying before you buy. This is not the World of Warcraft we knew years ago. Hopefully they will drop the insane prices on subscriptions and expansions, that might make this more desirable. I think they need to stop treating this as their money horse or they are going to end up losing a lot of business in the future. Just my two cents. Expand
  20. Aug 28, 2012
    The following statement is just as true today as it was seven years ago: every RPG must be compared to WoW. Otherwise, why would you play it? World of Warcraft does an excellent job of keeping players coming back, again and again. Just when you think you're out, it pulls... Well, you get the picture. People will say it's lost its edge or its greatness, and they're right. It's still better than 99% of games being released today, though. Considering it's nearly 8 years old, that's saying a ton. Expand
  21. Jan 6, 2012
    Spent countless hours in PVP, one of the most addicting and unbalanced mmos out there. Still fun though. If you want to have fun, be sure to have friends on the same server as well.
  22. Jun 10, 2012
    World of Warcraft is the best MMO I have played. Its pvp, dungeons, and classes are all fantastic. However, I feel that character customization should be improved. Also, once you get to the point where you can raid it requires a lot of time and effort to be allowed to raid by other players.
  23. Jul 30, 2012
    The classic WoW is simply the best MMO of all time, a game never struck me so hard that i was litterly stopping my school just to play this game, simply great MMO!
  24. Aug 31, 2012
    *This review is for World of Warcraft "Vanilla" and in general. I'll make separate reviews for each expansion. *World of Warcraft of course is still "king" of mmos and for many it was there first experience playing an MMO, myself included. World of Warcraft gave me 6+ years of satisfying gaming entertainment before I started to become bored of it about a year ago. *Blizzard is always adding new content to the game, adding new features to the game for better quality of life for the players and polishing and improving the features already in the game. Blizzard is always experimenting with new technologies to improve the game (phasing, cross-server grouping, etc.) and is not afraid to take risks. Many times new things they add are successful, occasionally they are not, but Blizzard is not afraid to admit mistakes and take actions to fix things later. *Blizzards customer service has treated me like a King on the few occasions that I have had problems. I can count on one hand the times I've needed to contact technical and customer support so that's quite an achievement when I've been playing the game for 7 years, 6 years full time that I've only had a few issues over the years.

*The game is very fun to play. The quests and the characters are often very humorous and are also often parodies of real pop culture people and events. It's nice that the game does not take itself too seriously. I think it is the light-hearted humour that has made me feel most at home in the world of Azeroth for my years of spending time there.

*The original "Vanilla" World of Warcraft was not perfect, but it was excellent for the time when it was released and it has set the standard for what other MMOs need to aim for so for that I must give it a 10 rating.
  25. Jan 20, 2013
    WoW has been considered one of the best online games ever created it takes you to a whole different world full of strange stuff. You can personalize your character and upgrade his gear by the time you level up.
    But the only bad thing is that it is addicting as hell you can spend there 3-4 hours without noticing it , i'll recommended only in vacations for your own good.
  26. Aug 18, 2013
    World of Warcraft. This game is just fantastic. When i started playing this game i did not have a clue what was happening however after a few hours everything came to me. It has a truly beautiful and massive world filled with millions of other fellow gamer's. If you have never tried an MMO check this one out as it is the best one going.
  27. Feb 10, 2014
    This is the best game ever. You may get people saying, "Oh, this game's graphics are terrible, and dated!" I say that the game is almost ten years old and is ageing surprisingly well. Some may say, "Oh, the mechanics are old and boring!" To you I say, 7.9 million people believe that these mechanics are entertaining and fun, and have kept them playing to this day. This game is the perfect blend of humour, epic moments, teamwork, and all around fun that any gamer could ask for. WoW, I salute you, old friend. Expand
  28. Apr 17, 2013
    Let me start this review as a message towards other reviews. THIS IS A PAGE FOR VANILLA WOW REVIEWS. Stop reviewing its expansions, there are separate pages for that. I read reviews that said it was great during vanilla (which means original essentially, or before the expansions) but bad when expansions came in. Uhhhh hello? Then review the expansions and give it a low review.

This
    review may be useless, considering it no longer exists, but the original WOW was amazing. This game defined the MMORPG. Everything about it has been reused and mimicked by other MMORPGS because, lets admit it, this is as good as it gets. I understand that it sucks the life from you (it did for me) but in order to be able to do that, or to get people willing to put up to 8 hours a day into it means that it is good right? Who would put that much time voluntarily into something they don't like? Expand
  29. Jan 13, 2014
    This is the most epic and fun game in the world!!! if you don't want to buy you can play FREE on starter edition ( play to level 20 ) ( you can do quest or dungeon etc ) the standard edtion is not expensive so what do you waiting for.....
  30. Aug 16, 2013
    Definitely the best Mmorpg out there. It keeps me entertained for hours and I never get bored of it. The new patches and expansions always add new content to keep me playing for hours. Graphics don't look that amazing, but they were never a factor to me. WoW Ftw!
  31. Oct 6, 2013
    Giving this game low score for other reason than this game's age I think, is complete nonsense or as in my country's tongue, 'hunger for some public attention'. This game first released on what, 2004? 5? Since then, I couldn't find a SINGLE replacement for the online MMORPG genre. And I'm from Korea, a country made out of online games. I agree that the game is no more enjoyable than the previous WOW titles. Half or quarter value at best. But c'mon... This game is beyond the boundary of legendary. Show some respect. Rawrr Expand
  32. Oct 24, 2013
    World of Warcraft is simply an amazing game that features endless innovation and growth. Additional content and ever changing character balance tweaks keep players challenged. Each expansion introduces new character classes and changes. Players that want to "Finish" the game are missing the point. World of Warcraft is a sandbox game there is no end. You are never forced to do anything in the game, you can even level cap and tweak your character at a particular level. Leveling options are expansive to say the least with at least 7 that I am aware of; 1. Follow Quest Chains and do quests. 2. Farm Mobs without regard for quests. 3. Play PVP Battlegrounds. 4. Do Mining or Herbalism to gain experience. 5. Do dungeons and raids. 6. Engage in Pet Battles. 7. Complete seasonal quests.

The game has a wide range of Professions that can be followed and levelled and features a very active trading community via the Auction House or in-game trade.

Although deployment of expansions or occasional content updates usually have some bugs or glitches, up until now Blizzard has always fixed or removed content that causes problems.

Given the choice between paying for World of Warcraft subscription or buying a new game each month the choice is an easy one for Millions of World of Warcraft players.

For those who claim "Vanilla WOW was the best", they are ignoring the occasional upgrades to the graphic engine, innovation to skill trees, quest assistance which eliminates the need of quest helper add-ons.

Most regular players play for a few to several hours a week, however there are some players who simply have to be the best and end up sacrificing disproportionate time for rewards gained. This is not a game issue though, it is a player issue.

World of Warcraft creates an illusion of a living, ever changing environment and has generated a backdrop of Lore entrenched in ageless conflicts and subterfuge and betrayals.

Trying to level as fast as possible is almost futile and detracts from the enjoyment that can be derived from just exploring everything the game has to offer and enjoying level appropriate content and challenges.

Because the game is massively multiplayer with a strong interaction focus players may experience both good and bad interactions in the game and each guild will have a different feel based on the Guild master's guild design choices, morals, ethics and of course the general membership in the guild. Some guilds are helpful, while others exploit their members, so players may need to do quite a bit of guild hopping to find a guild that suits their game focus and social requirement.

Players who respond negatively are most likely experiencing "Resistance to Change", however the one thing this game does expect from players is to constantly respond to continuous change and progression.

Blizzard also regularly re-balance the game creating subtle imbalances which shift advantages and disadvantages between classes of character or talent specializations within a class. The deck gets shuffled more or less with each expansion or new PVP arena season.

Players can expect to get many years of top notch interactive enjoyment as Blizzard devotes a lot of resources to keep changing, updating and enhancing the game. How many more expansions there will be is difficult to assess, but it is certain that players have at least one or two more to look forward to after Mists of Pandaria.

This game has a lot to offer, and Blizzard have done a fine job maintaining a steady growth of new content and challenges. This game is overwhelming in that there is always something new to do and often not enough time to do it all. However for the many years of quality and dedication this game deserves the highest score possible.
  33. Oct 24, 2013
    Pre expansion WoW was possibly the best game I've ever played. It felt like a living world, so immersive. It may not have been perfect but perhaps those less convenient things only added to the experience. I have only good memories of those days and I still listen to the soundtracks and think back to a time where life was so simple and carefree hanging out in westfall, goldshire, stormwind, ironforge and the bonding time with my brother and friends. It just had so much to offer and so many different environments. What I really like is that the world was so big that there were places that were just there. Unfortunate that the expansions lost touch somehow and that they are dragging this game out still. But for what it was back then, it deserves a solid 10. Expand
  34. Jan 29, 2014
    Amazing game, fun classes, great missions, great bosses, a huge variety of spells attacks, melee attacks, and ranged attacks. Fun market, and shops, however there is a crappy community in WOW.
  35. May 30, 2014
    An amazing game I put many of hours into this game. It got too expensive and I wasn't able to keep playing it for that reason. If only things in life were cheaper I would still be playing it everyday. There was tones of stuff to do and could keep you bust for hours on end.
  36. Jun 3, 2014
    This is the best video game (by far) of the many our family has played and owns. There are so many different ways this game can be played that the possibilities are nearly endless. I have adult and teenage children and we all play together and work to accomplish common goals. We are able to stay in touch and spend time together in 3 different states!
  37. Nau
    Aug 25, 2010
    I've played this game for around 3 years during the vanilla and TBC period. It's unbelievable fun. It's was quite competitive for my guild at the time. The best thing about it is guild life. If you find a nice guild, you can spend few years with them, having loads of fun.
    I always loved the Warcraft lore, so the story for me it fairly good also. Besides many people saying PvP sucks - it
    doesn't. Maybe the mechanics aren't the best, but battlegrounds, attacking cities is very enjoyable. This game has a lot of haters, for sure, but nonetheless it's still the best MMO on the market, and I played a lot of them and none beats WoW on flexibility, fun factor. The only thing with it - it's outdated. Still doesn't hurt my eyes, like the games from this period, thanks to unique Blizzard style graphics. Expand
  38. Aug 28, 2011
    Having tried all the MMO that came out over the past few years, there is still nothing that offer even an equal experience to WoW, despite being from 2004. let's see what Guild Wars 2 and TOR will bring but at the moment WoW is still by far the top of the pack. The lone game out there that offer such a deep experience coupled with Blizzard's attention to perfect details.
  39. Sep 12, 2010
    Very few games give me such pleasure and memories. I have made permanent friends on this game from when I started 3 years ago until I finished in spring of 2009. This game may addict you, but if you have the willpower to know when to stop, you will be perfectly fine. World of warcraft is a revolution and it gets alot of bad publicity. Basically the way I see it is, if your addicted, its your own fault for not having the mental power to just end your subscription. All in all a great rpg, unlike anything I had ever played before and I havent quite played anything like it since. If I was being accurate I would probably give this game between a 9.5-9.7 Expand
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    i still cant belive being 9 years old this is still my fav RPG experiance ever id honestly say put whatever you are playing down and come play this wonderfull game its givin me so many memories that i will tresure for ever this game is amazing in the shear content and i think this is better then guildwars 2 in my opinion the best MMO and will always be in this gereration anybody that gives this game a low score must be a jockstrapp or somthing any RPG player would lose weeks in this loot grabbing 40 man raid fantasy epic must buy an easy 10/10 from me Expand
  41. Jun 5, 2014
    Looking back ten years I would say this game was hands-down one of the best things to every come along. I really cannot find anything to hold against it that isn't petty sounding (to me). I had a core group of 10 real life friends who all played this game at the same time and that really made this game amazing to me. I can't get those gaming years back!
  42. Feb 11, 2014
    This is the gold standard of MMORPGs and is the foundation to which all other MMORPG games will be built upon in the years to follow. World of Warcraft is a vast yet tight game experience that only gets better with friends and perfect strangers playing together. The amount of content to play through and all of the things you can do, competitively and cooperatively, is unparalleled. Add in the fact that you can play this game through several times as different classes and get a very unique experience every time and you have a game that can steal all of your free hours without remorse or regret. Though it has now been a while since the game launched, there's still a slight allure to World of Warcraft. Should Blizzard ever follow up on it with a new iteration of it, say a World of StarCraft entry, there's sure to be a repeat of history. Expand
  43. Oct 2, 2010
    When the original WoW came out it revolutionized the genre and brought it to mainstream gaming. Like it or not modern MMOs owe it to Blizzard for many of the innovations and improvements on the genre. The one downside to this is for the people still clinging to the old ways of MMOing where players are punished, this kind of player is really left behind with no new options duo to 95% new MMOs coming out follow the WoW model. Expand
  44. Jan 12, 2011
    Everything in the trailer of this game you can do and more! This game is so addictive and fun. If your a mmorpg fan then play it! If your a newbie at mmorpg's i'd suggest taking this out for a spin first. It has a few bugs but it doesn't get in the way of how fun it is!
  45. Mar 18, 2011
    Let's be honest: WoW is the best MMORPG ever made. Some people will get jealous of that fact but 11 /million/ players are not wrong. Most of the people who complain about this game either should not be playing an MMO to begin with or they just don't like RPGs.

I almost didn't write a review because the idea that WoW cares about reviews is laughable. They are beyond review. That's what
    being the most commercially successful game ever made does for you. Besides, if you really want to get an idea of what the game is like there is a 10 day free trial. Or play your bother/sisters/friend/neighbors account. Someone you know within two degrees of separation plays this game. Expand
  46. Jul 11, 2011
    Your soul will be trapped in this dimension that you won't be able to escape. The highly addiction, time consuming and hack and slash will never stop my friend. And discovering new areas is more even more spend of hours. I highly recommend you to play this big world, but keep in mind what i said at the beginning of this review.
  47. Aug 27, 2012
    This is by far the greatest game of all time, yes it is addicting, and yes there are elitist jerks on it, but as far as MMORPG's go this game is the King to never be dethroned. The only people saying it sucks are baddies, who could not defeat any raid bosses.
  48. Jun 28, 2011
    If I were to write a full review on this game it would be far past the 50000 character limit. The only thing you should know is not to trust the negative user reviews, they are mostly filled with those kind of people who like to hate on "everything popular" to try and be different from the rest of the crowd and other's who are fanboys of other MMO's and just come on here to write a negative review of the game to promote the game they are playing.

Or veteran WoW players who got butthurt of the changes the developers have made since the games release. World of warcraft has over 11 million subscribers and IS the best MMO currently to ever be released of the date of this review. It set the bar for other MMO's that have went out of their way to copy a lot of the things that this game did well. I''ve been playing on and off for about 4 years now and haven't found a MMO that's on the same level as this game.
  49. Aug 21, 2014
    I just started playing WoW again after 5 years and the game i still just as addictive as it was back then.

WoW outshines every other MMORPG out there. I've played them all, Rift, Tera, GW2, GW, Wildstar, Elder Scrolls Online etc. all of them were no where near WoW in terms of content and quality.

I'm not trying to sell WoW here, but I think it's better to pay a monthly subscription
    for a great game that never gets dry, due to new content that gets released pretty frequently. Also, many different aspects of PVP and PVE to keep you entertained for a long time. As mentioned before, I would rather pay a monthly subscription for a great game, instead of buying new games all the time, because you finish them too fast or you've done everything it has to offer (looking at you GW2). Actually, since I started playing WoW, I've saved money, because I haven't randomly bought new games all the time.

Honestly, I think WoW is just as good as when it launched. There have been made changes and some of them work better than others. But change needs to happen or else WoW would hit the F2P model as the other contenders, which isn't quite as succesful as one might think, due to low quality, lack of content and pay to win models. (there are of course exceptions in some F2P games mostly MOBAs though like LoL, Dota 2, SMITE etc.) WoW is still unbalanced, some classes rule PVE and some classes rule PVP. Some classes rule one specific class and gets ruled by another. I don't think Blizzard will ever solve that issue, but have any MMORPG ever solved that? I haven't seen it yet. But again, if one class wouldn't rule the other and every class were equally good at almost everything - Then what seperates them, what is the meaning of classes, if they don't have certain strong advantages, as well as disadvantages?

My point is; it's still a great game, I believe the price is high but it is justified through the amount of content and the quality it has, which I haven't found in any other game yet, counting both single-player titles as well as multi-player titles.

10/10 - I've not seen my girlfriend for weeks, since I started playing. It has consumed EVERYTHING (hope you get the reference from the latest trailer) ;)
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    WoW at it's best, before it was destroyed by catering to bad players, showering them with dumbed down mechanics and free epix. Sadly Blizzard fired most of their passionate designers and we are left with bunch of retards like Kalgan and Ghostcrawler. Bill Roper and Blizzard North are probably enjoying downfall of Actiblizz.
  51. Nov 16, 2011
    What a wonderful leather of assemblage Admiring the naming and activity you put into your diary and elaborated substance you substance ! I give marker your diary and bespeak my children canvas up here oft. Thumbs up jeux de casino en ligne
  52. Nov 18, 2011
    One of the greatest games of all time, although it's losing it's shine little by little. The game used to be great and may still be for certain types of gamers. I personally have lost my interest in this game completely, but I sure did have fun playing this for at least 5 years.
  53. Dec 29, 2011
    It's incredible seeing people hate this game so much... I know why... WoW Classic was a monster. I give it 10. But I'm going to rate Chataclysm later... I'm going to give that one a 1 because it ruined everything... changed the whole game from start to scratch!

But this game is a monster and no one will forget it. Incredible gameplay style and story. I LOVE IT. But now we will never see
    the old WoW anymore. So sad. Best game ever. **** Chataclysm. Expand
  54. Jan 28, 2012
    Over 7 years and there is still nothing better in MMO world. This is game that stole more of my life than any other game - and for that I give 10.

Yes it is not perfect but it is surely one of the best games ever made.
  55. Mar 14, 2012
    Classic: 9 TBC: 8 Wotlk: 7 Cata: 4,5. Vanilla WoW was an innovative change to the mmorpg world and for some people mmorpgs started here. Right now Cata is far from fun and they made the game pretty dull with that expansion. I wrote a big review there.
  56. Sep 29, 2014
    best mmo i have played, and i have played alot of them. but this game even if it is old still is the best one and looks great, when every expansion has upgraded its graphics.
  57. Jun 3, 2012
    this game is so great i mean hours on hours of game play meeting many people online doing a lot of quest

down low rating why it never got 10 is because this is not free to play and 60gb worth of download update i rather use my gb on something more important
  58. May 15, 2012
    World of Warcraft will always be known as the best MMO ever created. it was the first MMO that defined an entire genre of gaming and it'll always be known as "THAT MMO THAT DID IT ALL".
  59. Jun 27, 2012
    The Burning Crusade was good, Wrath of the Lich King was OK, Cataclysm ditto. But the original game was an absolute revelation when it came out and when taken as a whole, and considering what existed before WoW came along (and even to this day it has very few serious competitors almost a decade later) then you can only conclude that the World of Warcraft experience is about as perfect as it gets.
  60. Jul 8, 2012
    Quite a lot mixed feelings over here. The game is awesome. It brought MMO to a higher level, in my opinion. Have played it not much long before the 'Burning Crusade' expansion. I got in the World of Azeroth, thanks to a couple of my friends. They tought me the basics. Graphics are awesome and your PC doesn't need the specifications of a space shuttle to run it on 'Ultra' settings. The music is one thing that will always stick with me, and every time I will hear the soundtrack, it will take me back to those good times. If you played this game a bit longer than your average game, you'll notice that this is one hell of a masterpiece. Creating a game this complex, and therefor, needs a huge team with a lot of experts. Not that surprising they have of course.

Yet on the other hand, the expansions are sweet, but don't they bring the game only to a lower level? Honestly, most people (of which I am one) find this set back since the beginning, because once a Raid where die hard players with skill. Now they have brought all these features that help the beginning player (which is nice for them), yet easily letting them gain entry with these die hard players. which makes it all the more quite a waste of time. But let's not forget this game is fantastic. Stopped playing it for a while, but from time to time... I really wonder getting started, and getting addicted again.
  61. Aug 2, 2012
    Somewhere around patch 1.7, during the vanilla wow period, this game was near perfect. A lot of you don't even remember those times. It's just sad how bad things have gone since then.
  62. Sep 29, 2012
    Start playing vanilla almost year before bc, I was pretty much one noob so I could not play at high levels, however, I still remember the amazement every time I discovered a new area and how much I loved those times.
  63. Sep 29, 2012
    I began playing World of Warcraft in mid-2006, and in its original form, it was a work of brilliance. Never before in my life have I been gripped with addiction so completely by a game's lore, gameplay, social life, crafting and leveling system. I'd played all three games in the original Warcraft series and was well aware how captivating Blizzard games were, but WoW was their crowning jewel, in my mind. It had everything - socializing, cooperation, solitary playing, lore, and a difficulty level that made me feel that I'd actually accomplished something when I finally got it right because you had to WORK for what you got - gold, levels, raid progression, rare drops, gear - so when you actually accomplished it, it really felt amazing. "Vanilla WoW," as it's now called, will always remain one of the top games in my mind, and my time spend during the original incarnation of this game will always be remembered fondly. Expand
  64. Jul 29, 2013
    Surely one of the best games of all time, especially its first, vanilla version, before they got acquired by Activision and dumbed everything down. At least you can still play it in its original 1.12 state on some private servers..
  65. Dec 10, 2012
    The original World Of Warcraft was everything players who loved the universe wanted it to be, sticking to the lore and feeling of the massively popular Warcraft III. A true test of skill and patience for all those who played. Sadly each expansion has "Casualized" this now to its current product.

This rating is based on the original vanilla version.
  66. Apr 1, 2013
    World of Warcraft is hands down one of the best, if not the best RPG out there.
    Blizzard has definitely done a lot to this game and it has a gameplay to account for it.
    I and my friends will continue playing this game for a long, long time.
  67. May 8, 2013
    When you look at a game like World of Warcraft it is hard to explain in words. Pretty much everything is perfect. Unfortunately, every expansion, the fan base is left hanging for years. Another thing is getting to the level cap, a long, tiring and sometimes boring journey and the price is quite honestly, a bit overly expensive. All in all, however, World of warcraft is an excellent game and hopefully will last for sometime. I did not include the good things because they would be overflowing and reading about them may be somewhat useless as one once you play the free demo you find them. Expand
  68. Jun 8, 2013
    Judging from the variety i would say 10/10 because has big content inside it. Judging from the storyline, (yes this game has a storyline) i would say 10/10. Judging from the graphics( most MMO's dont need perfect graphics) i would say 8/10 Juding this game as a social game a game that u can play with friends) i would say 9/10 About the subscription price i think is 9/10 good because this is a big game and has a lot of content and you can play with your friends have fun on PvP or PvE.

This game got 2 planets, very good story lore .It allows the players to play with friends and the most important are challenges and competition.

As most games, this games got its problems. PvP is not 100% balanced and its based on burst .
    Not everygame is perfect.
  69. Oct 25, 2013
    Despite haters, i strongly recommend this game if you want to experience being in a whole other world, adventuring alongside of other players immersed as you are. -Rich and exciting world -Plenty of different races, stories and flavors -Incredibly good animations -Really nice game system overall, from quests to UI, to inventory and health/resource -Beautiful artwork, stylized
    -Fantastic class design (all classes feel unique and fun to play)
    -Combat is fast paced and addictive
    -Tons, tons and tons of content
    -Well designed around playing with others
    -The best endgame out there by far, raids are fun and challenging
    -Very polished in every front

This game is insanely good and the best mmo by orders of magnitute.
    I played it for years and it awarded me one of the best experiences i had in games by far. It's an adventure worth checking.
  70. Feb 14, 2014
    Almost 10 years on the market and still is the best MMORPG that you can find. The major problem about the bad reviews is that people still wants the game to be like Vanilla or complain about the graphics....
  71. Aug 30, 2014
    No matter how much you hate World of Warcraft. There simply isn't a better MMORPG anywhere to be found.
    I've been playing it since Vanilla (Classic WoW) and i've had my ups and downs with this game. But no matter how long I stay away from this game, I always end up returning
  72. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 10 out of 10, Re-play: 9 out of 10, Value: 9 out of 10

Regardless of the wide variety of ratings, this is a game most everyone should try (which can be played for free for the beginning stages of the game) and that many that try it will find they really actually enjoy it!
  73. Jan 12, 2014
    This is a very fun game! It's worth the monthly fee, though I do have my doubts from time to time. It's a little hard to catch on to at first, but it's really fun once you do. There's so much to do, such as questing, dungeons, and PVP. The different classes are very well-made. It's not for everyone, though. I recommend you try the starter version before committing to the monthly fee. Overall, a well-made, fun to play game. Expand
  74. Dec 25, 2013
    World of Warcraft been playing off/on since somewhat of its early release. I believe this game set the standards for MMO's. Competitive play PvE/PvP if anyone tells you different the haven't played the game to its fullest. To people complaining that the game is too easy I can tell they haven't tried end game content. This game is being tuned constantly to please its player base and they do listen to their players and hire out of their player base in some cases. The problem with WoW is its extremely time consuming So Blizzard has made it easier to acquire sub par gear such as LFR. I think with the time this game has been out Blizzard has been trying to keep up with new ideas buts it hard putting out and balancing the game in time for players won't get bored. Its a great game has its ups and downs. If your looking for a great PvP game WoW is prob the best if not top 3 the MMO world(In my opinion). If you wanna give the game a try go for it but if your planning on being just a casual I wouldn't say this is the game for you. I think its about time for WoW to upgrade its graphics which I believe would be hard(due to having a crap load of servers already) but its worth it imo. Expand
  75. Feb 8, 2014
    After all these years, still a consistently amazing, fascinating game. Excellent programming, great tech support and literally and endless amount to do. Highly recommended
  76. Feb 21, 2014
    My favorite game of all time. This beast was ahead of its time back in 2004, and still lives on 9 years later. The art style and game engine have scaled extremely well. Blizzard has continually made updates to their engine. They learn lessons every expansion and apply them to the next. I've make sure to play every other MMO that comes out (Guild Wars 2, Rift, Star Wars: The Old Republic, ... the list goes on), but WoW is the golden standard they all have to compete with. Other games are just minor distractions to this ever dominate KING. Expand
  77. Feb 26, 2014
    My opinion is an opinion of player who played WoW for almost 4 years (2007-2011), spending over 2500 hours for it (and still never reaching the top tier armor or entering top guild).

First of all, WoW is always FUN! No matter how many time you spend and which sides of game you prefer.

Second, from the very beggining, unlike most Korean MMOs, developers tend to limit your timespending
    by limiting maximum quantity of top tier dungeons and raids you can visit per day or per week, respectively, and doing about the same in PvP (limiting the number of top tier badges you can acquire per week). Ofcourse people who strive to play more go into grinding, gathering, crafting, trading or runmultiple characters. Please, don't spend your life playing videogames!
    Third, Blizzard is constanly adding something new to the game. While back then in 2000's it required to reach max level, indeed, to have really enjoy the game, now some many possibilities are added that you may enjoy the game from level 10, literally. While leveling also became much faster. It became possible to reach level 40 in one day without a severe grinding. Even faster if your acdcount is reffered to friend, and you get leveling boost.

Fourth, it becomes really repetitive only in two occasions: 1) you agree for it yourself, usually it refers to cases when you are grinding reputation for some exotic mounts, usually takes between two weeks and one month and is never obligatory; 2) you are striving to be top tier in PvE, but when you reach such ambitions you are most likely to integrate into community that much, that repeatedness won't be a severe burden.
    Of course, game will require time, but there is no MMO, which fits those who want to spend couple of hours once per week.

Fifth, you will be astounded, how reach the RP and LORE part is, now rich the story of Azeroth and neighbouring world is and outdated, little grotesque, graphics doesn't prevent enjoying the atmosphere. When you feel yourself a true hero of Azeroth, which is imposied by long questlines, it is difficult to compare with anything. You'll be wishing to come back again and again, and then you will have a feeling of nostalgy about the game.

And the last but not the least, what really happened to the game over almost a decade? It became much easier, what many old-school WoWers (incl. myself) found frustrating, but for new players that must be good news!

Thank you for spending your time reading my review, I hope I have helped you to form your own opinion concerning the game.

P.S.: I quit WoW in the late 2011, due to some circumstances, but I really miss the game and often think of returning back to it.
  78. Apr 21, 2014
    It's an old game yes. The graphics are not top notch yes. But the huge world the millions of people and the rich lore gameplay and quests are all a 10 worth plus with the new expansion coming out soon.
  79. Aug 4, 2014
    WoW defines the modern MMORPG, the way Doom defined the FPS. Few others can even come close to matching it, they merely have to settle for mimicking it.
  80. Sep 3, 2014
    although it might not have the best graphics.with brilliant and addictive game-play , the biggest map in video game history . and beautiful cinematography. it has become the best and most popular mmorpg ever.
  81. Sep 7, 2014
    The best MMO ever, nothing more to really say. those complaining about the current state of the game do so but on the given expac, check the date of this review 2004 and wow in 2004 was the best and is still the best (Private S*****)
  82. Sep 10, 2014
    I love this game. I been playing since BC. As of now It is too boring and way too easy. I liked it back in the day when the game was challenging and it took your 3 or 5 months to get max lvl but still have lots to do afterwards. Wish this game would go back to the basics. I still love it but I miss the old style.
  83. Sep 26, 2014
    If you can't afford $15 US a month on gaming. Then you really shouldn't be gaming to begin with.

Lets be honest, you're spending 15 x12 = $180 US a year for 24/7 unlimited access of entertainment. I'm not earning above average wage, in fact I'm earning below average, however I've decided to stick with WoW as my entertainment and I did not need a TV subscription. WoW is not just a
    regular game, it is an entire new world with such a grown mature community. Yes there are a few trolls here and there in WoW but it is handled so well, just a simple "mute this person" and move on with your life. I've been playing since launch and only had to encounter a few losers that I simply just muted+reported and never heard of again. Not to mention with all the money being sent to WoW, they use it wisely ! They create expansion after expansion, idea after idea, yes a lot of people weren't happy with the MoP expansion, so the they took in count of all the ideas people had and based it in the newest expansion. WoW is just a magnificant game, its too much to write about... Expand
  84. Nov 5, 2014
    This is still an undenyable fenomenon that still gets support to this day and on 7,6m subscribers (and growing again) and if you compare that to most other MMORPGs out there that's... Monstorous. Purely these facts should cause you to give this game at least 9/10, but let's not forget we're talking about vanilla. Although it is argueable what was the best expansion was, vanlilla gave people the world of azeroth to explore, wich was the most epic one for years to come. I say f*ck half life THIS was my youth, this is where I could find my friends, make new ones or although most people hate on it (because most of the time they overplayed the game or just because it is popular) there are at least 10 milion who will disagree.

10/10, by far one of the 5 best pc games of all time.
  85. Nov 20, 2014
    It is no wonder this game is a bestseller around the world, its world is immense, along with the lore and storyline continuing from probably the best game I've ever played, Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne.

1. Combines not only technical prowess and fine-tuned gameplay, but pleasure as well, making this the new standard for the competition. Word to the other companies: this is the reason your registered users are dwindling.
    The game isn't flawless, nor is it technically finished - a good many quests fall into a "kill 20 of enemy X and collect 9 of item Y" pattern, a lot of promised end-game content still isn't in, and there are still bugs being squashed - but it's easily the closest MMORPGs have yet come to perfection. If this one doesn't hook you, nothing will.
  3. Although it's not as technologically proficient as "EverQuest II," World of Warcraft has a more pronounced sense of style...If you're looking for a new MMORPG, then the World of Warcraft is the very first place you should visit.