World of Warcraft PC

7.3

1. Sep 1, 2016
    It's funny but i don't know for how long:it's the same soup always the same soup.
    My personal review is 6,5/10, i gave 0 to balance all that noob fanboys that everytime see Blizzard gave 10
  2. Aug 11, 2016
    The game has undead and blood, so it's not part of what I would expect from an MMO.
    I want an game that has no blood and undead.
    That is all I need to write for my personal review.
  3. Aug 6, 2016
    I honestly think that most of the guys that come here to post review between 0-3 never **** played the game for more than 2hr or just hate it for some stupid reason. Pathetic.
  4. Jul 5, 2016
    This is not an actual review. I have never played this game and I really really would like to do so, but I can't thanks to this "monthly fee" bull****. Paying for a game each month? Is this some kind of a sick joke, Blizzard?
  5. Jul 2, 2016
    This game is amazing! It's nearly 11 years old and even comparing it to games in the year 2016 it holds it's own. This is the MMO that all others are compared. No game has even come close to it despite all the hype over the years. I read a ridiculous comment below that this game has no real PVP?!?!?! I have been a hard core pvper for 10 years! I play on 2 pvp servers and I've tried pvp onThis game is amazing! It's nearly 11 years old and even comparing it to games in the year 2016 it holds it's own. This is the MMO that all others are compared. No game has even come close to it despite all the hype over the years. I read a ridiculous comment below that this game has no real PVP?!?!?! I have been a hard core pvper for 10 years! I play on 2 pvp servers and I've tried pvp on so many other games I can't count them all and I always come back to Warcraft. There is so much to do and so much content. If you don't like pvp that's ok, there is a decades worth of pve, over 16,000 quests, mount farming, professions, raiding, realm jumping. You can play with anyone who plays this game no matter where they are in the world or what server they are on. Even better, if you are a new player not only have all the bugs been fixed when you start playing the world is exponentially bigger than when I started. If you love story the story lines are amazing and so in depth and detailed. There are also books based on the game and discuss the story and lore. I personally have always found the expansions appealing. I know that goes against the internet trash talkers who unrealistically think that a company can please millions of people all at once. Maybe I'm just old and keep reality in perspective. I love this game and I will keep playing until I don't. Ten years and the love is still alive. I was upset when I saw that one of the most influential, most successful, longest lasting games ever made had a 93/100 score I was dumbfounded. Then I noticed Skyrim which I played has a 96 so scores are obviously out the window. World of Warcraft is easily 100/100 for me. For The Alliance!!! Expand
  6. Jul 2, 2016
    This game has been a personal favorite since Orcs & Humans entered the field of vision. My uncle offered me the game and it was fairly brilliant. My favorite level was the third in human campaign. When Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness had been released a friend of mine spent hours building each other levels to defeat. Needless to say, I've been a fan of Blizzard for a long time. The thirdThis game has been a personal favorite since Orcs & Humans entered the field of vision. My uncle offered me the game and it was fairly brilliant. My favorite level was the third in human campaign. When Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness had been released a friend of mine spent hours building each other levels to defeat. Needless to say, I've been a fan of Blizzard for a long time. The third although originally I found less interesting as it pieced itself together I became enamored with the lore, which lead me to buy the game.
    I started off tanking, which was simple in vanilla but rocked the house as it went on, after removing myself from tanking I played fury and did badass dps. In Wotlk I was listed in the top 13 of my server, where I had tons of fun and unfortunately for degrading social "economics" I have few friends left that I still talk to every day from this game, but the friends I made in this game have twice as much value as the people I have met in real life. Many people would call this a lack of life, but where they have supported me my own family has failed. Even if I have never met any of them the people I met during the Wotlk arc are some of the most valuable people I will ever meet. I am proud to have met them. Furthermore my subsequent involvements with this game and its functioning through my life are genuinely more faithful than some other people I have met in my life. Trolling aside, the connections I made and lost are invaluable, there is no other game I would rather spend playing during my time online. Especially since many are jokingly far worse, or at least until recently had a poorer social interaction. I guess that is my only complaint, the trolls took over gaming and the classic friendly player is no longer available because of being shut down and shying away from the public. Thanks for being a great game.
  7. Jun 17, 2016
    Well this is one of the greatest games of all time, not as fun as the old days, but still great! Maybe not worth playing now if you weren't a long time player but that 10 goes to the old days! A complete different games, oh and no you don't need to spend your life, unless 2H a day is all you've got or have no self control :P

Low graphics but in my mind all those beautiful environments

Low graphics but in my mind all those beautiful environments will appear like the drawings!
    It's like a second world, I like it :) and story is good too! (not many people even know this game has a story :P)

and it's sad that there's no more pvp, they say it will be fixed with legion and I hope so pvp was amazing! so was pve.

and I don't like how they've made it over violence, the wotlk was fine, and even mop was fine! I don't get why people all rage about it!

And I don't like the fact that every women in the game is in bikini :| but otherwise! amazing game xD
  8. Jun 13, 2016
    This game is or was very fun with the right people (it is an MMoRPG) so you will need to play with others in order to enjoy it fully. The game allows for individuals who enjoy gaming to immerse themselves in an imaginary world in which they can be whatever they want in some cases as some have stated, you can become the douche bag elitist who spent more time on developing a character, thisThis game is or was very fun with the right people (it is an MMoRPG) so you will need to play with others in order to enjoy it fully. The game allows for individuals who enjoy gaming to immerse themselves in an imaginary world in which they can be whatever they want in some cases as some have stated, you can become the douche bag elitist who spent more time on developing a character, this is indeed sad. We all have our faults! Can't get over the annoying ones in chat Blizzard has always allowed the option for you to /ignore or simply block channels in chat. The game allows for a lot of time yes it is addictive to some, this is good if you do not enjoy outdoor activities the SUN or simply loathe actual human interaction. It is a huge TIME SINK, you will grow out of it and wonder what the hell happened to the last X amount of years. The game has indeed been "dumbed" down. Is it for a new generation of player, or profits? who knows fact is if your shaking your head yes you have grown out of it and are probably going to work or to change the babies diaper, get over it ! The game is not for us anymore. With all of that said I made many friendships that I still have years after I quit the game, why am i reading reviews ?…Think of it as that jerk from High school you hated …probably looked them up on Facebook didn't you? The biggest con i can say about WoW is they took a lot of the human interaction out of the game…you no longer need to stand for hours in your capital city and ask for groups…you simply click a button and go along your merry way until a loud noise scares the crap out of you to tell you your group is ready and your whisped away to fight moderately annoying monsters …cause everyone is like Uber leetsauce now and like can solo hogger , the game has been around for 12 years or so. Take it with a grain of salt you can play for free up to level 20 nothing lost well you will have to install and uninstall (which takes anywhere from 8 hours to a week depending your internet speed) …once again ITS ALL ABOUT TIME how much are you willing to waste? Expand
  9. Apr 25, 2016
    So interesting game. You have a lot of activities in it. Only one minus - bad textures resolution when you turn ultra textures resolution ON. And quest are boring (nat all quests)
  10. Apr 10, 2016
    i liked how the guy below me claming that wow doesn't have a "strong story". i was wondering why people giving this game low scores. Haha, it's even funny that he said quests are so "generic". This game relased in 2004 and that quest system is what all mmo games have today. It may be "kill those", "bring these" quests but they have a lore in it. 12 years later, this is what so many gamesi liked how the guy below me claming that wow doesn't have a "strong story". i was wondering why people giving this game low scores. Haha, it's even funny that he said quests are so "generic". This game relased in 2004 and that quest system is what all mmo games have today. It may be "kill those", "bring these" quests but they have a lore in it. 12 years later, this is what so many games still doesn't have today. Expand
  11. Apr 8, 2016
    Even though I'm a huge Blizzard fan and I love basically all their games, the only one that always flew under my radar was WoW, I never liked MMO genre, so I just ignored it back when it was released and never even tried it. Recently however, there was a cross-game event to get a new hero for Hearthstone by leveling up a character in Wow to level 20 and to level 20 there is a StarterEven though I'm a huge Blizzard fan and I love basically all their games, the only one that always flew under my radar was WoW, I never liked MMO genre, so I just ignored it back when it was released and never even tried it. Recently however, there was a cross-game event to get a new hero for Hearthstone by leveling up a character in Wow to level 20 and to level 20 there is a Starter edition to try out for free, so I just said to myself - why not, let's do it, it should be fun. But it really wasn't. I spent 3 days in this and I don't ever remember playing such a boring rpg with such generic quests. Maybe it was just my starting zone (Chose the beloved night elves), but the story never got interesting, all quests are either fetch quests like go there get the 5 of this and bring it back, or go there kill 6 of these and come back to me and it's going like this over and over. Combat is really bad, there is no challenge, no fluid combat mechanics, if you are used to complex responsive combat systems such as Souls series, this is a joke compared, basically click on thing and wait until it's dead. The online element of other players running around the same world doing the same thing as you seemed more annoying than anything, conflicting with my quests and so on. Yes, the world is huge, there are many different starting zones and I'm sure that back in the day this was a big thing that you could lost yourself for countless days, but from today's point of view it really doesn't have much to offer. That said I definitely see the influence this game had, the only other mmorpg i played was Guild Wars 2 and even though I think that was much better and fun game, you can really see how much it drew from WoW, the interface, all the systems etc. and I'm sure this will be true for many others from this genre. But once again I realized that this genre is probably not for me and I'm gonna stick with good old RPGs with strong stories and interesting quests. 4/10 Expand
  12. Mar 15, 2016
    Can't believe people is rating WoW (vanilla) so low, by the time it came out it was the best game ever made. Great graphics, the biggest world ever seen, there was no game that was even close to what wow brought. Most of you are rating this thinking of current world of warcraft. But this is the original wow (2004-2007) and I can safely say that there has been no other game to make such anCan't believe people is rating WoW (vanilla) so low, by the time it came out it was the best game ever made. Great graphics, the biggest world ever seen, there was no game that was even close to what wow brought. Most of you are rating this thinking of current world of warcraft. But this is the original wow (2004-2007) and I can safely say that there has been no other game to make such an impact in the history of videogame (not just number-wise, but quality-wise in relation to the year it came out) and there'll probably never be another one again.

Besides, vanilla was definetely much better than current wow, it was more complex and you had to work your ass off if you wanted decent gear and the possibility of raiding in high level guilds.
  13. Jan 18, 2016
    Well i avoided this game for a long long time ...i tried almost every free MMORPG non of them holds for more than a week or two playing and after years and years i managed to try WOW...the game is absolute top in MMORPG genre...just go and try it its free until lvl20...for every MMORPG lovers is a must...
  14. Jan 10, 2016
    World of Warcraft is only game in world that I would pay for every month. Very big open area and lot of things to do and see. They should make some improvements on raids because only the greatest and nerdiest get there and other got kicked.
  15. Jan 8, 2016
    The truth is that Blizzard have been bleeding this game for years. Every year we get less for our money. Less content, non-existant customer support and no new players as people come to realise this is simply a giant cash cow for the company behind it. The developers care infinitely more about the bottom line than the community. There will, as always, be endless promises that everythingThe truth is that Blizzard have been bleeding this game for years. Every year we get less for our money. Less content, non-existant customer support and no new players as people come to realise this is simply a giant cash cow for the company behind it. The developers care infinitely more about the bottom line than the community. There will, as always, be endless promises that everything will be better in the new expansion and as usual this will turn out to be lies. Save your money and spend it with a company that at least pretends to care if you are having a good time. Expand
  16. Jan 4, 2016
    It's truly my favorite game of all times. I started playing it in the Wrath of the Lich King with my best friend when we were in middle school. A lot of people dislike Blizzard for their imperfect balance and reiteration, but I still think they're doing their job the best they can, giving all the love for the game they have. Working at Blizzard is still my dream job.

I see a lot of

I see a lot of hatred on this game coming with every new expansion. For me personally it's one of the best times of the year, when I can dive into new stories. Even though, they can be a little more childish and naive, I still love all of them.

Maybe this game is not perfect 10 for all those fancy critics out there, but it's all 10 from my the bottom of my heart.
  17. Dec 14, 2015
    This game has honestly ruined my life, I started playing this game when i was 11 i'm now 19, yes i had a choice, to ether live my life without this game or play the game, but the game is so addicting, and i could never stop playing it, i never spent time with my family, i never got any friends and i never got good education because the only thing i could think about is trying to be theThis game has honestly ruined my life, I started playing this game when i was 11 i'm now 19, yes i had a choice, to ether live my life without this game or play the game, but the game is so addicting, and i could never stop playing it, i never spent time with my family, i never got any friends and i never got good education because the only thing i could think about is trying to be the very best i could on this game, in my opinion i wish it was never invented, or even came about or i wish i never knew about it, because it has really made me a total loser, who sits at home and doesn't do anything, i know i could have made some better choices, but i didn't want to, with this game because it always made me escape, which is good for a short amount of time, ii spent every last dime i got for the holidays on this game, every last cent, and now i look back and thing what the hell was i thinking, because i absolutely hate this game, and i have been saying that for several mounths, but continued to play due to the fact i have no friends, no job, and i'm a total loser, back than the game really was fun, and entertaining, it made a lot more since than it does now, i can honestly say that i have been suspended so many times i have lost count, 99% of the time it's the players on the game, they are absolutely malicous, and mean, which leads me to the game masters who could give a rats ass about anybody else but themselves and think that they are all gods gift and i'm always the one who is out of line, when 99% of the time, the interaction with the players is bad. The game masters, always make me feel like i'm the bad guy when to be honest i was just defending my own rights, just defending myself, using bad language yes, the game masters just plane didn't care about me, or how long i had been playing i'v spent over40.000$ on the products and the subscription alone, they don't care about me, or what i have to say, i have been suspended for things other accounts did as well, and the game masters never fix it, never apologize, i'm to this day truly dissapointed at the way the game has changed who i am as a person, and the way i'm treated on it, and by it's game masters, if you have kids, don't let them play this game because (warning) you won't ever see them again, and i can promise you that, no shopping, no eating dinner with them, no going out with them, unless you can minimize that down to 1-2 times a week or if you wan't to keep them busy, sure spent the $14.99 for a subscription, OH and if your childs account gets hacked don't worry about it because the game masters will just tell them they can't do anything about it, it's always the same bs, and take it from someone who has played for 9 years, 9! that's just reddiculous, i wish i could do something, i wish i could turn back time to when i first saw this game, i never had gotten it if i knew this would be the outcome writing a review, because the game masters, don't care about me, or what i have to say, and i don't have the money to sue them, so it's really just up to me to try and tell people the truth about the game, i don't hate it i'm mostly just disapointed, iv wasted my time, my life, and my family's money on it because i don't have any, granted this game was an outlit but, an outlit should not last 9 years. PLEASE if you are reading this don't let your child play this game, it will ruin them, and i'm not just ranting about that, i mean it take it from someone who has nothing because of this game. Expand
  18. Dec 11, 2015
    Vanilla was one of the best expansion in World of Warcraft series. They need to work harder to beat the best expansion (I mean Vanilla, BC, WOTLK). I hope Legion will beat them and will raise the subscription again to 10+ Millions.
  19. Nov 14, 2015
    This is the game that took control of my life, starting in early 2005, and I've been playing ever since. This game probably ruined marriages and friendships, just like Everquest did. Babies were malnourished and jobs were lost. There was no outside world for a lot of people that were addicted to this game, including myself. But regardless, there will most likely never again be an MMOThis is the game that took control of my life, starting in early 2005, and I've been playing ever since. This game probably ruined marriages and friendships, just like Everquest did. Babies were malnourished and jobs were lost. There was no outside world for a lot of people that were addicted to this game, including myself. But regardless, there will most likely never again be an MMO as successful as World of Warcraft. Final Fantasy XI didn't come close, and I was also addicted to City of Heroes, me and my friends were switching to WoW. World of Warcraft will go down in history as the most successful MMO ever created. Expand
  20. Nov 1, 2015
    I absolutely love the World size, environments, and characters in this game. However, gameplay can NOT be overlooked. Since day one I felt the combat to be a joke. Though, players insisted it gets better as you level is sadly didn't... I was always disappointed by this and returning to the game many years later you really see how poorly it aged. The questing is pretty monotonous,I absolutely love the World size, environments, and characters in this game. However, gameplay can NOT be overlooked. Since day one I felt the combat to be a joke. Though, players insisted it gets better as you level is sadly didn't... I was always disappointed by this and returning to the game many years later you really see how poorly it aged. The questing is pretty monotonous, dungeons and raids are OK. But really what this game did was ruin MMOs in the sense that so many tried to emulate its structure. Not an awful game a I would say a safe choice in for someone new to MMOs. This or runescape Expand
  21. Oct 16, 2015
    Buggy as **** Even after several patches, still broken. You can glitch through terrain very easily. Each expansion means just more pointless grind where you don't get more powerful. All gear which isn't high level is worthless but you need it to get the end-game gear - fail. Traveling in this game is pathetic. An easy aggro system which is unchallenging. The crafting? So terrible. TimeBuggy as **** Even after several patches, still broken. You can glitch through terrain very easily. Each expansion means just more pointless grind where you don't get more powerful. All gear which isn't high level is worthless but you need it to get the end-game gear - fail. Traveling in this game is pathetic. An easy aggro system which is unchallenging. The crafting? So terrible. Time limits on some things, collecting mats is either flying around for days or farming to buy them, some crafting actually relies on high level dungeon drops, so you cannot even make decent gear without joining a group and being a liability. Pots are entirely useless... Oh and people make chars on alliance and horde to pk you... world pk is useless and an obstruction to levelling, if you are low or have no gear it is just annoying and you cannot do anything, pk servers always die first. pkers are **** idiots who are angsty and flame you... pvp is only fun on equal grounds, because it actually indicates skill. The only notable thing is the quest tracking system, which still doesn't work properly and still has broken quests. Expand
  22. Sep 22, 2015
    So.. This game is the best MMORPG there is and will probably be for years to come. Many of you can say that the game has turned to **** after Wotlk and I totally get your point! You think that the game has become way to easy but it's still the best there is! I played since cata so I can't really tell. Even though I tried a Wotlk private server and it was pretty cool, but anyways. All ISo.. This game is the best MMORPG there is and will probably be for years to come. Many of you can say that the game has turned to **** after Wotlk and I totally get your point! You think that the game has become way to easy but it's still the best there is! I played since cata so I can't really tell. Even though I tried a Wotlk private server and it was pretty cool, but anyways. All I gotta say to the people trying to get back into the game or just start playing for the first time is that is is very addictive but the thing is that you will make friends, you'll have fun, you'll have a huge sense of achievement (especially when you start lvl cap content) I personally managed to keep in touch with people who live hundreds of miles away from me! It wasn't like we were just talking to a phone, it's really like you have a person next to you. It's a second, more exciting and adventurous world!! I recommend it to everyone that likes rpgs and that kind of fantasy games. There is one problem though. You won't really have time to get into other games because World of Warcraft will take a lot of your free time. I hope you found this review helpful and if you are still not convinced about the game just get a free starter account and try leveling up a couple of characters to level 20! I promise you will not be disappointed! Expand
  23. Aug 14, 2015
    this game is very good it is worth it spending money on i play in a pvp server and i and i spend 50 euros on it to level up my chracter and it was worth it
  24. Aug 14, 2015
    i think people are missing the point with the cartoony graphics, making the game playable to people with low spec laptops just means more players, something that all other mmos suffer from, a lack of players. im getting bored of the game now after playing for a few years but the fact its kept me active for a few years says a lot, no other games done that before. i think its a shame how tsi think people are missing the point with the cartoony graphics, making the game playable to people with low spec laptops just means more players, something that all other mmos suffer from, a lack of players. im getting bored of the game now after playing for a few years but the fact its kept me active for a few years says a lot, no other games done that before. i think its a shame how ts so dummied down now though, 1-100 in 2 weeks is a poor show in this kind of game (with heirlooms of course). it is a shame how its all been simplified now due to blizz trying to get more custom aimed at the people who need instant gratification with no effort but i guess thats business, for a 10 year old game it has to die someday i guess :) Expand
  25. Jul 1, 2015
    Good: Gameplay, Community/Guilds/People, Locations, Raids, Atmosphere, Setting
    Mixed: Story, Leveling, Sounds
    Bad: ---

Very addictive game. Many fantastic memories. Easily the best MMORPG on the market, at least when i played ;) .
  26. May 18, 2015
    I've tried so many times over the years to get myself into the MMO scene. It's been a costly and dreaded ambition of mine since I was young. I think I've tried to get into the pinnacle of MMO's (WoW) three times. Each time I just can't get into it and leave after thirty minutes from boredom and whati believe to be outdated graphical design. There are many who love this series, I'm just notI've tried so many times over the years to get myself into the MMO scene. It's been a costly and dreaded ambition of mine since I was young. I think I've tried to get into the pinnacle of MMO's (WoW) three times. Each time I just can't get into it and leave after thirty minutes from boredom and whati believe to be outdated graphical design. There are many who love this series, I'm just not one oftnem. Expand
  27. May 15, 2015
    I'll do a short-ish review: At start it was good, after Vanilla it started to go down. Especially after Mists of Pandaria. Blizzard has truly ran out of ideas. If it becomes F2P or they remove monthly fee, I might continue playing it. (Yes I have played it!)
  28. May 13, 2015
    When i played it i was not hooked. BUT that is probably because i adapt to controls really easily and don't really care for story. This game was really good for the short time i could play it. i stopped playing as charterers really fast so i would not get bored of 1 type and waste my time even have downloading the game. I give this a 9001/10. lol
  29. Apr 11, 2015
    how to win at wow:
    step 1: wait 5 minutes for something to spawn
    step 2: right click on the enemy 2000 times.
    step 3: repeat

not joking, the game is boring, graphics look like **** dont play this game.
  30. Apr 3, 2015
    World of Warcraft is a grindy mess of an almost idle game with bad graphics that could easily be played on an N64. The game has literal hundreds of micro-transactions that you need in order to thrive in the game, and if you don't get the overpriced level 90 character boost, then you better be prepared to sacrifice hundreds of hours of your life, probably thousands. The game itself causedWorld of Warcraft is a grindy mess of an almost idle game with bad graphics that could easily be played on an N64. The game has literal hundreds of micro-transactions that you need in order to thrive in the game, and if you don't get the overpriced level 90 character boost, then you better be prepared to sacrifice hundreds of hours of your life, probably thousands. The game itself caused me to moan much too often, at the "go across the entire country to talk to this dude" and "kill 83 of these things for a belt" quests that you need to complete in order to progress. Expand
  31. Mar 26, 2015
    Playing wow for 11 years.I quit this season. Being 30 now, with real life having to work out of town, it's just not possible to keep my conquest cap up. I'll come back when wow realizes that rated pvp(Arena/RBGs) should not have a gearing phase. At the start of any arena season, everyone should have full pvp gear for rated PvP.

Gearing pvp gear with conquest cap should be for world pvp

Gearing pvp gear with conquest cap should be for world pvp and normal bg's. Its that simple.
  32. Mar 24, 2015
    After all those years Blizzard still got it. WoW might not be super innovative, but it's still best MMO there is. Any other MMO isn't even close to the number of the possibilities, there is in WoW. Graphics design might not be the best on the market, but devs are constantly improving game visuals. For me it is, and it will be for a long time the King of MMOs.
  33. Feb 26, 2015
    They,suck they don't do there job, they let there report systems run on other players, so that means if 2 people or more report you, you're most likely going to get suspended even if it's false accession, after playing this game for 9 years i realized i have no life... because of it and that it has destroyed relationships, i wish i have never been introduced to this game, for 1 the playersThey,suck they don't do there job, they let there report systems run on other players, so that means if 2 people or more report you, you're most likely going to get suspended even if it's false accession, after playing this game for 9 years i realized i have no life... because of it and that it has destroyed relationships, i wish i have never been introduced to this game, for 1 the players are all **** and you get harassed all the time, constantly having to open tickets and report people, for harassing me and it ending with me getting banned/suspended which is **** i'm currently suspended do to, 2 players harassing me, and i have just about had it with all of the **** period. i'm most likely going to cancel my member ship which i have done off and on throughout my 9 years of no respect from the game masters, or the players. i highly do not recommend this game for kids, parents, please! don't let you're kids play this, they will become addicted and they will never want to see you again, my daughter plays it, i can never get her to come out of her room anymore, my daughter is constantly getting sexual messages from guys/girls on there, several messages have been death threats, from players... the game masters don't give a **** about your kid, just your money.

BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD, GAME!!!
  34. Feb 3, 2015
    The most destructive video game of all time. Recommending this game? That's like inviting your friends and family to smoke crack. It is not addictive in a fun and happy way, it's the beginning of the end of your pathetic wasted life.
  35. Jan 10, 2015
    It was, it is and it will be the best MMO ever... though is not as great as it was at its beginning.
    Some may say it's overrated but you have to accept, there's not other game like this in the market and I don't think there will be.
  36. Jan 5, 2015
    Simply 10 out of 10. The best game of all time in its genre. This game was a real MMORPG and not an Arcade game like the last few expansions. Shame on Blizzard for changing the genre of its game.
  37. Dec 31, 2014
    This game is historic due to its popularity. It is by far, the most succesful video game in history accounting for more than $1B a year in profit at its peak. It is a monster of a game that has been around for more than a decade and still has millions of users.

The good news is that WoW is a good game. There was a lot to do and plenty of classes and quests to keep you busy for months on end. The bad news is that this was a very "casual" game and due to its success, it garnered in a decade of watered down games across all genres in order to capitalize on the less skilled gamers especially from the big companies. The funny part is that young gamers look at games like Demon Souls and think that they are a new concept but they are just pale shadows of great games that came before that required the use of mind and not just memorization. Back to WoW, for the most part, it did everything well but made many things easier. Combat was standard but enemies were very forgiving and exploration was trivial. Crafting was made easier. Class build variety was good allowing for various builds. Exploration was mundane but that is true for all casual style games until Guild Wars 2 added puzzles and random events which made things more tolerable. Quests were similar to other MMO's and raiding was straight forward and much easier than older MMO's. Regardless of ease however, it was still a fun game albeit not my favorite MMO of all time. That honor remains with Everquest with Guild Wars 2 playing runner up.
  38. Dec 29, 2014
    Got it on Black Friday in 2004. It was my favorite game that year. The subscription can get a bit pricey overtime and I like playing a ton of games of different genres so I only subscribed the first year. Picked it back up on 2014, 10 years later. Had two max level characters (Got to 90, not 100 yet) and enjoyed the whole journey. It sucked you in. Sometimes the grinding seemed like aGot it on Black Friday in 2004. It was my favorite game that year. The subscription can get a bit pricey overtime and I like playing a ton of games of different genres so I only subscribed the first year. Picked it back up on 2014, 10 years later. Had two max level characters (Got to 90, not 100 yet) and enjoyed the whole journey. It sucked you in. Sometimes the grinding seemed like a massive waste of time but I had fun with my friends. I do wish there was a server for non-competitive players. Some players are a bit too competitive. Expand
  39. Dec 29, 2014
    While the game is the MMO with the largest player base, does it really deserve it? I mean seriously Blizzard, we already bought the game, why would we have to pay every month to play it. You can't put a price on entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this game is entertaining, let's be honest, it isn't. I mean it's fun for a while, then it gets super repetitive. Boring fetchWhile the game is the MMO with the largest player base, does it really deserve it? I mean seriously Blizzard, we already bought the game, why would we have to pay every month to play it. You can't put a price on entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this game is entertaining, let's be honest, it isn't. I mean it's fun for a while, then it gets super repetitive. Boring fetch quests, mindless grinding, repetitive quests (talk to that person, bring me the letter he will give you, go back to him and give him this, then come back to me...). It all gets super boring in the end at least for me. Let's not even talk about the subscription. I've already talked about it a bit in the beginning of this review, but I feel like it's not enough.
    Let me bring up that the subscription you have to pay per month, is pretty big. I mean 15 euros for a month of grinding and repetitive quests? Doesn't seem like that good of a deal to me.
    Seriously Blizzard, why don't you actually work on making the game fun, rather than inventing new methods to squeeze the most money out of your players. World of Warcraft should look up to
    Guild Wars 2.
  40. Dec 25, 2014
    World of Warcraft was one of the greatest games of it time, but the problem with MMORPGs is they are much like bars. You can go to a brand new bar and the opening is great, the interior is great, the music(content) is great, you can have a good time, but after some time it loses it glamor. If you don't continue to have friends go to the joint, then there is less and less reason to return.World of Warcraft was one of the greatest games of it time, but the problem with MMORPGs is they are much like bars. You can go to a brand new bar and the opening is great, the interior is great, the music(content) is great, you can have a good time, but after some time it loses it glamor. If you don't continue to have friends go to the joint, then there is less and less reason to return. New expansions are like grand re-openings drawing players back, but every time you hit that cycle where you wonder why you are playing. Then you have to start wondering what is missing and why you or your friends don't stay.

The biggest problem is repetitiveness and occurs with all games of the genre. Re-playability is reduced with theme-park style games. At some point grinding and hack-n-slash combat become boring and causes players to lose interest. Another problem is immersion. If the player doesn't begin to feel the character is important to the world and those around, the player never becomes hooked. Immersion is successful when the character makes an impact on the world and those around. As a comparison Star wars galaxies an often hot debated topic of the past had great immersion in the days of sandbox gaming where the character was yours, the land could be cultivated and thus yours, the economy was mostly player driven, and equipment constructed could be yours often having unique masterpieces. World of Warcraft misses in this and its themepark progression and cartoony characters and combat.

Finally, its about community. If the game appeals to young teens who recently just got done playing Wizard 101 or Club Penguin and have moved to something bigger, it will have a huge community. Problem is many of the teens on these games have lost all etiquette and it shows with the constant duel requests, nature of chat, and other losses of social behavior. Thus WoW is now the game for early post-pubescent children. Older adults I know that still play WoW do so out of the same action as drinking the same old beer and not moving on to fine wine or champagne.
  41. Nov 20, 2014
    I played the F out of this game for like a year. And what do I have to show for it? Nothing. The game is a complete waste of time. It does everything in its power to convince you that its NOT a waste of time, but it is. This game is like the matrix. Your real life is somewhat boring and you know your plugging into a fake world but you do it anyway. Im glad I grew out of it. It becomes aI played the F out of this game for like a year. And what do I have to show for it? Nothing. The game is a complete waste of time. It does everything in its power to convince you that its NOT a waste of time, but it is. This game is like the matrix. Your real life is somewhat boring and you know your plugging into a fake world but you do it anyway. Im glad I grew out of it. It becomes a full time job after a while. You do "jobs" in the game over and over again to improve your character. Ill go ahead and give the game a 4 because I did enjoy my fake life while it lasted. And when I broke my foot and couldn't put weight on it for 2 months this game was a godsend. In real life I was a cripple but in this game I was powerful warlock or rogue. Expand
  42. Nov 20, 2014
    It is no wonder this game is a bestseller around the world, its world is immense, along with the lore and storyline continuing from probably the best game I've ever played, Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne.
  43. Nov 19, 2014
    An elitist filled, douche bag fest of a game, loved only by those sad, sad individuals who have spent so much time in the game they refuse to let go ro accept any form of criticism of their beloved WoW no matter how bad it gets.

Good - A huge and often vibrant and diverse world with lots of different options. Leveling can be quite fun for a while. Bad - Pretty much every server is

Bad - Pretty much every server is filled with the type of douche bags I described above. An example; somebody in the general chat is looking for a player to join a party, but then specifies exactly what stats they must have and that they must have great gear. No seriously, this actually happens, there are actually people as sad as this. Its like, where the hell is the fun in that?

The graphics are far too cartoony, most armor looks crap as you will most likely be wearing pieces from different sets which seldom look good together. The gameplay is now terribly dated and boring.

Verdict - WoW IS NOT and never has been a great game. If you can deal with or ignore most of the other players it is just ok, average at best but not really worth the cash. Also got to laugh at the review that stated 'by far one of the best PC games of all time' lol, I assume the person was joking, or smoking crack at the time. Not only is not even in the top 100 best pc games of all time, its not even the best MMO.
  44. Nov 5, 2014
    This is still an undenyable fenomenon that still gets support to this day and on 7,6m subscribers (and growing again) and if you compare that to most other MMORPGs out there that's... Monstorous. Purely these facts should cause you to give this game at least 9/10, but let's not forget we're talking about vanilla. Although it is argueable what was the best expansion was, vanlilla gaveThis is still an undenyable fenomenon that still gets support to this day and on 7,6m subscribers (and growing again) and if you compare that to most other MMORPGs out there that's... Monstorous. Purely these facts should cause you to give this game at least 9/10, but let's not forget we're talking about vanilla. Although it is argueable what was the best expansion was, vanlilla gave people the world of azeroth to explore, wich was the most epic one for years to come. I say f*ck half life THIS was my youth, this is where I could find my friends, make new ones or although most people hate on it (because most of the time they overplayed the game or just because it is popular) there are at least 10 milion who will disagree.

10/10, by far one of the 5 best pc games of all time.
  45. Nov 5, 2014
    If you're looking for a MMORPG today you have four choices:

Guild Wars 2 (B2P), WoW (P2P Theme Park), ArcheAge (F2P Sand Park), and EVE Online (P2P Sand Box) The above are perhaps the most established at this point, though AA is still questionable due to being a recent release. If you're not interested in any of the above, keep an eye out on Black Desert Online, Everquest Next,
    If you're looking for a MMORPG today you have four choices:

If you're not interested in any of the above, keep an eye out on Black Desert Online, Everquest Next, Star Citizen, and Elite Dangerous.
  46. Sep 29, 2014
    best mmo i have played, and i have played alot of them. but this game even if it is old still is the best one and looks great, when every expansion has upgraded its graphics.
  47. Sep 26, 2014
    If you can't afford $15 US a month on gaming. Then you really shouldn't be gaming to begin with.

Lets be honest, you're spending 15 x12 = $180 US a year for 24/7 unlimited access of entertainment. I'm not earning above average wage, in fact I'm earning below average, however I've decided to stick with WoW as my entertainment and I did not need a TV subscription. WoW is not just a regular game, it is an entire new world with such a grown mature community. Yes there are a few trolls here and there in WoW but it is handled so well, just a simple "mute this person" and move on with your life. I've been playing since launch and only had to encounter a few losers that I simply just muted+reported and never heard of again. Not to mention with all the money being sent to WoW, they use it wisely ! They create expansion after expansion, idea after idea, yes a lot of people weren't happy with the MoP expansion, so the they took in count of all the ideas people had and based it in the newest expansion. WoW is just a magnificant game, its too much to write about...
  48. Sep 17, 2014
    Look at the critics review and the only yellow review by AltGaming basically describes the game. Blizzard doesn't care about keeping the players that like to play, Blizzard likes keeping the players that like to pay. Which is why they have had 12 million players in 2010 and now have 6.8 million in 2014. But are now making 4.76 billion in 2014 opposed to the 1.1 billion in 2011.
  49. Sep 12, 2014
    Pros: N/A

Pros: N/A

Cons: "Pandaria" is obnoxious and didn't exist in the lore until Activision-Blizzard wanted to contrive another money-grubbing expansion for the game; the Panda-China theme is unneeded and annoying, and probably shows Blizzard's new market bias; the game lore was destroyed after Deathwing came back to life for the "Cataclysm expansion; highly inflationary economy; terrible leveling and gear systems where for example a level one character cannot even harm a level 80; each new expansion effectively resets the game, making your previous achievements through time invested worthless; game is deliberately designed like a giant money-generating hamster wheel for the players to run on, that is it rewards time invested very much and actual skill very little; once a new expansion is out, you can really no longer play the older versions of the game you had paid for.

Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Graphics 8/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 5/10, Voice Acting 5/10, Background Story 1/10, Plot Development 0/10, Realism 0/10, Gameplay 0/10, Replay Value 0/10, Game Publisher's Ethics -100/10, Total Score 0/10

Conclusion: Ignore this game instead of playing or buying it. (Please note that this review is for the current version of World of Warcraft, as of the Mists of Pandaria expansion).
  50. Sep 10, 2014
    I love this game. I been playing since BC. As of now It is too boring and way too easy. I liked it back in the day when the game was challenging and it took your 3 or 5 months to get max lvl but still have lots to do afterwards. Wish this game would go back to the basics. I still love it but I miss the old style.
  51. Sep 7, 2014
    The best MMO ever, nothing more to really say. those complaining about the current state of the game do so but on the given expac, check the date of this review 2004 and wow in 2004 was the best and is still the best (Private S*****)
  52. Sep 4, 2014
    Not bad, but not the best. This game is incredibly stale and for some reason a subscription based MMO. I understand it is difficult to keep up servers for millions of people (back in 2004) , however that does not mean the price should be the same. As hosting the game does not require extremely high end servers compared to EVE online, where every core counts.
  53. Sep 3, 2014
    although it might not have the best graphics.with brilliant and addictive game-play , the biggest map in video game history . and beautiful cinematography. it has become the best and most popular mmorpg ever.
  54. Aug 30, 2014
    No matter how much you hate World of Warcraft. There simply isn't a better MMORPG anywhere to be found.
    I've been playing it since Vanilla (Classic WoW) and i've had my ups and downs with this game. But no matter how long I stay away from this game, I always end up returning
  55. Aug 21, 2014
    I just started playing WoW again after 5 years and the game i still just as addictive as it was back then.

WoW outshines every other MMORPG out there. I've played them all, Rift, Tera, GW2, GW, Wildstar, Elder Scrolls Online etc. all of them were no where near WoW in terms of content and quality. I'm not trying to sell WoW here, but I think it's better to pay a monthly subscription

I'm not trying to sell WoW here, but I think it's better to pay a monthly subscription for a great game that never gets dry, due to new content that gets released pretty frequently. Also, many different aspects of PVP and PVE to keep you entertained for a long time. As mentioned before, I would rather pay a monthly subscription for a great game, instead of buying new games all the time, because you finish them too fast or you've done everything it has to offer (looking at you GW2). Actually, since I started playing WoW, I've saved money, because I haven't randomly bought new games all the time.

Honestly, I think WoW is just as good as when it launched. There have been made changes and some of them work better than others. But change needs to happen or else WoW would hit the F2P model as the other contenders, which isn't quite as succesful as one might think, due to low quality, lack of content and pay to win models. (there are of course exceptions in some F2P games mostly MOBAs though like LoL, Dota 2, SMITE etc.) WoW is still unbalanced, some classes rule PVE and some classes rule PVP. Some classes rule one specific class and gets ruled by another. I don't think Blizzard will ever solve that issue, but have any MMORPG ever solved that? I haven't seen it yet. But again, if one class wouldn't rule the other and every class were equally good at almost everything - Then what seperates them, what is the meaning of classes, if they don't have certain strong advantages, as well as disadvantages?

My point is; it's still a great game, I believe the price is high but it is justified through the amount of content and the quality it has, which I haven't found in any other game yet, counting both single-player titles as well as multi-player titles.

10/10 - I've not seen my girlfriend for weeks, since I started playing. It has consumed EVERYTHING (hope you get the reference from the latest trailer) ;)
  56. Aug 5, 2014
    Buy to play. Pay to play, pay for expansions and from what i see lately pay to win (battle pets for $ and 80lvl for cash also). When i see that much pay for everything i expect free support like changing servers and others but no... all what involves blizzard interference requires $$$$ Played wow for 2 months, completed all raids and dungeons (random players from dungeon finder), completedBuy to play. Pay to play, pay for expansions and from what i see lately pay to win (battle pets for $ and 80lvl for cash also). When i see that much pay for everything i expect free support like changing servers and others but no... all what involves blizzard interference requires $$$$ Played wow for 2 months, completed all raids and dungeons (random players from dungeon finder), completed almost all achievements from mists of pandaria and i can say game is great. I can say it is almost perfect. Almost... This game haves 10 years of updates and expansions, it haves lots of content and still i can see many bugs while lvling my character. Small but still. After 2 months of intense play i have completed maybe 25% of whole game so it leaves lot more to do. Not going to extend my subscription. I don't like beeing forced to pay to play. Expand
  57. Aug 4, 2014
    WoW defines the modern MMORPG, the way Doom defined the FPS. Few others can even come close to matching it, they merely have to settle for mimicking it.
  58. Aug 3, 2014
    World of Warcraft is a great MMORPG and addicting. This game is known for being extremely addicting, which, it is. It's just in nature to keep playing and playing because you want to keep leveling up to get more powerful and get better gear. Even though it's addicting I do need a break from it sometimes because dungeons and quests can get repetitive, especially quests that tell you to goWorld of Warcraft is a great MMORPG and addicting. This game is known for being extremely addicting, which, it is. It's just in nature to keep playing and playing because you want to keep leveling up to get more powerful and get better gear. Even though it's addicting I do need a break from it sometimes because dungeons and quests can get repetitive, especially quests that tell you to go kill a certain number of monsters, which makes up about most of the quests. There's no story, and I don't pay attention to the quests because there not at all compelling, I just get the quest, do it and then finish it without knowing the purpose of the quest. The combat is fun with lots of ways to play with just one class. PvP can be fun at lower levels but at higher levels it's not fun at all because characters are so unbalanced. PvP is based just on your level so you and the opponent can both be level 90 or what ever but there item level gear is ten times better that yours. PvP should be based on item level, not player level. This game is pretty good and you should check it out. Expand
  59. Aug 1, 2014
    Heroic dungeons that a rogue can tank, rare bosses that are harder to kill than heroic bosses, Blizzard still babysitting the horde in PvP - which is still stupidly imbalanced... there's no challenge to be found, unless you're one of the "common core" kids that they dumbed the game down for. The monthly subscription @ 50 cents a day aint' so bad but buying the expansions is a waste ofHeroic dungeons that a rogue can tank, rare bosses that are harder to kill than heroic bosses, Blizzard still babysitting the horde in PvP - which is still stupidly imbalanced... there's no challenge to be found, unless you're one of the "common core" kids that they dumbed the game down for. The monthly subscription @ 50 cents a day aint' so bad but buying the expansions is a waste of money all things considered. If you are a serious gamer I don't suggest you buy this one. League of Legends has way better PvP, and several MMO's have more challenging quests and PvE - and are free to play! Do your research before you buy - it's becoming a ghost town - merging servers and whatnot to hide the mass exodus from incompetent developers and designers who miraculously ruined one of the most awesome games I ever played (past tense of course). Expand
  60. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is very overrated, and gets very boring quickly. To hit someone you have to challenge them to a duel, the open world is big but traveling is very boring, the task can get repetitive, and level up is very hard and it takes forever. I personally hate that, because I'm not a guy that sits at a computer all day. Within two days I canceled my WOW account. A lot of fanboys willThis game is very overrated, and gets very boring quickly. To hit someone you have to challenge them to a duel, the open world is big but traveling is very boring, the task can get repetitive, and level up is very hard and it takes forever. I personally hate that, because I'm not a guy that sits at a computer all day. Within two days I canceled my WOW account. A lot of fanboys will disagree with me but I think this game lame. Expand
  61. Jul 1, 2014
    I played it's a constant scam from being DC'd at the auctioneer only to re log and find whatever you were looking at to be marked up dramatically in the few moments it took to change IP and relog,to being DC at every "point of interest" to being able to do entire dungeons unscathed then DC and not be able to survive it's soo obvious it's being controlled by blizzard when you send a ticketI played it's a constant scam from being DC'd at the auctioneer only to re log and find whatever you were looking at to be marked up dramatically in the few moments it took to change IP and relog,to being DC at every "point of interest" to being able to do entire dungeons unscathed then DC and not be able to survive it's soo obvious it's being controlled by blizzard when you send a ticket I say good riddance to crooks,wow is a bunch of petty little cliques selling each other to the hacks each harbor,no use in playing go give ur money to a schoolyard bully you'll have twice as much fun Expand
  62. Jun 5, 2014
    The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.

All that is left of this soulless game is meaningless grinding in the form of laughable "daily missions" which was Blizzard's trumphcard to try and make people come back to the game but ultimately only served to reinforce the notion that blizzard priorities income>fun instead of making genuinely fun and enjoyable products.

I can only hope that they will not also screw up Heroes of the Storm.
  63. Jun 5, 2014
    Looking back ten years I would say this game was hands-down one of the best things to every come along. I really cannot find anything to hold against it that isn't petty sounding (to me). I had a core group of 10 real life friends who all played this game at the same time and that really made this game amazing to me. I can't get those gaming years back!
  64. Jun 3, 2014
    This is the best video game (by far) of the many our family has played and owns. There are so many different ways this game can be played that the possibilities are nearly endless. I have adult and teenage children and we all play together and work to accomplish common goals. We are able to stay in touch and spend time together in 3 different states!
  65. May 30, 2014
    An amazing game I put many of hours into this game. It got too expensive and I wasn't able to keep playing it for that reason. If only things in life were cheaper I would still be playing it everyday. There was tones of stuff to do and could keep you bust for hours on end.
  66. May 24, 2014
    This were Blizzard started to go down and got greedy and terrible.
    WOW is probably one of the most overrated games,
    Base game $90 plus subscription fee 150 a year on top of your internet connection HAH NO THANKS.
  67. May 8, 2014
    I suppose those that find like minded players with which to play these MMORPGs may enjoy the camaraderie of working together to level up and customise their characters but, as a game, World of Warcraft is just downright dull. Now a decade old the gameplay simply requires the player to go to location X, kill Y, and collect a set number of Z over and over until you gain enough XP to level upI suppose those that find like minded players with which to play these MMORPGs may enjoy the camaraderie of working together to level up and customise their characters but, as a game, World of Warcraft is just downright dull. Now a decade old the gameplay simply requires the player to go to location X, kill Y, and collect a set number of Z over and over until you gain enough XP to level up your character.

There is no nuance to the combat or skilful platforming required with the game only rewarding the player for the amount of time they spend glued to their screen. Virtually every game in the genre has copied World of Warcraft but that is down to its sales success not the quality of its gameplay I'm afraid.
  68. May 2, 2014
    World of Warcraft if looked at as an MMORPG is a fail, it's very repetitive, you fight boars at lvl 1-5, and fight boars yet again when you're high lvl, over 50. The developers simply "borrow" ideas and concepts away from other places and put them into this game. 95% of the stuff in this game being uninteresting/boring/poorly made, the RPG part of the game is especially poorly made sinceWorld of Warcraft if looked at as an MMORPG is a fail, it's very repetitive, you fight boars at lvl 1-5, and fight boars yet again when you're high lvl, over 50. The developers simply "borrow" ideas and concepts away from other places and put them into this game. 95% of the stuff in this game being uninteresting/boring/poorly made, the RPG part of the game is especially poorly made since 99% of the quests involve players going to point B, from point A, and killing an "X" amount of creatures, thus making players want to skip this part of the game as fast as possible, so they can get to the maximum level and start doing PvP, the only brilliant part this game has to offer, it used to have nice story as well, inherited from Warcraft III: the frozen throne, but they killed the main character(Arthas) and replaced him with pandas. I honestly don't know how people can pay tens of euros/dollars each month for just PvP and maybe some raids. One of the most overrated games ever, the only reason I'm giving it a 6/10 is because of the PvP, which is(was) fantastic, unfortunately besides murdering Arthas, they also murdered any fun players with rogues could have had, even on PvP servers, by making infiltration in enemy capitals useless and with 0 fun had, thanks to the whining of players and the stupidity of the developers. Expand
  69. Apr 29, 2014
    ===========
    ===========
    Why I love WoW: music, locations, lore quests/scenarios. It's an overall great & immersive place to be. What I hate about WoW: the monotonous gameplay that becomes apparent with the fetch/go-kill quests that show up at times.
  70. Apr 21, 2014
    It's an old game yes. The graphics are not top notch yes. But the huge world the millions of people and the rich lore gameplay and quests are all a 10 worth plus with the new expansion coming out soon.
  71. Apr 18, 2014
    Level 1: Kill 10 boars, collect 10 apples.
    Level 10: Kill 10 cats, collect 8 apples.
    Level 30: Kill 10 ghosts, collect 6 apples. Level 80: Oh you get there from level 1 since a friend "resurrect scroll"ed you. Collect 6 apples though. Level 90: Raid same dungeon over and over and over and over.... Collect 4 apples. This game is crap. The Realm Vs Realm is crap. Each server has 1
    Level 1: Kill 10 boars, collect 10 apples.
    Level 10: Kill 10 cats, collect 8 apples.
    Level 30: Kill 10 ghosts, collect 6 apples.
    This game is crap.
    The Realm Vs Realm is crap. Each server has 1 realm with drastically more people, and they always destroy. Literally ANY game with a 3 realm system is better by far.

Don't waste your time or money.
  72. Apr 8, 2014
    Content: Stupid Blizzard Entertainment doesn't even care that we have to pay $15 a month anymore, all they care about is $$$. The game keeps putting up extra expan$ion$ that have no purpose, and Blizzard recently decided that they should put up MICROTRANSACTIONS! Great! An already expensive as crap game, now with microtransactions!
    Gameplay: It was the first of its kind, but look at the
    Gameplay: It was the first of its kind, but look at the MMORPG market now. Guild Wars 2 is a HECK of a lot more fun than this game, and that's only a one time pay game. The gameplay really is not bad, but not worth all that cash.
    I give this game a 5/10.
  73. Mar 15, 2014
    I can see how this was a good game 10 years ago, but it's absolutely out-dated and lacking everything a modern MMO should have nowadays. Paying 10$ monthly to play this game is ridiculous.
  74. Mar 4, 2014
    I played World of Warcraft for 1 year. I played also first extension Burning Crusade.
    I played Wow because it was published by Blizzard. It was the first time I have played an MMO RPG.
    Players that know only WoW would like it. But if you played Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 or Guild Wars 1 you can't like it. It success is based on franchise and the image of Blizzard. I think it was a good game
    I think it was a good game in 2004 like Everquest 2 and Lineage 2 for a certain category of players.
    the first Lineage had 40 millions players, WoW had 13 millions players

Good things : community, more than 8 races and starting points, battle fields, cities, dungeons, big boss, if you like farming and playing always in group, mounts, craft, world, can swim, classes, skills, attributes, arena

less : graphics, background, scenario, leveling up, quests, potions between fights, exploration, duel pvp, factions vs factions

Game play : 4/10, graphics : 5/10, back ground : 5/10, lifetime : 8/10, sound : 7/10, community : 9/10, world : 8/10
  75. Feb 26, 2014
    I played from Vanilla to Cataclysm and for me the game hit its high point in Wrath. After that, the design ideas seemed to be pretty limited and repetitive.

At this point, the game really shows its age. Its time to fold up and create WOW 2; you cant keep milking the cash cow forever Blizzard (sorry, Activision, whoops sorry Vivendi). Hey, come to think of it, the first really bad WOW expansion was the first wholly under control of Activision. Anyone think there might be a connection?
  76. Feb 26, 2014
    My opinion is an opinion of player who played WoW for almost 4 years (2007-2011), spending over 2500 hours for it (and still never reaching the top tier armor or entering top guild).

First of all, WoW is always FUN! No matter how many time you spend and which sides of game you prefer. Second, from the very beggining, unlike most Korean MMOs, developers tend to limit your timespending

Second, from the very beggining, unlike most Korean MMOs, developers tend to limit your timespending by limiting maximum quantity of top tier dungeons and raids you can visit per day or per week, respectively, and doing about the same in PvP (limiting the number of top tier badges you can acquire per week). Ofcourse people who strive to play more go into grinding, gathering, crafting, trading or runmultiple characters. Please, don't spend your life playing videogames!
    Third, Blizzard is constanly adding something new to the game. While back then in 2000's it required to reach max level, indeed, to have really enjoy the game, now some many possibilities are added that you may enjoy the game from level 10, literally. While leveling also became much faster. It became possible to reach level 40 in one day without a severe grinding. Even faster if your acdcount is reffered to friend, and you get leveling boost.

Fourth, it becomes really repetitive only in two occasions: 1) you agree for it yourself, usually it refers to cases when you are grinding reputation for some exotic mounts, usually takes between two weeks and one month and is never obligatory; 2) you are striving to be top tier in PvE, but when you reach such ambitions you are most likely to integrate into community that much, that repeatedness won't be a severe burden.
    Of course, game will require time, but there is no MMO, which fits those who want to spend couple of hours once per week.

Fifth, you will be astounded, how reach the RP and LORE part is, now rich the story of Azeroth and neighbouring world is and outdated, little grotesque, graphics doesn't prevent enjoying the atmosphere. When you feel yourself a true hero of Azeroth, which is imposied by long questlines, it is difficult to compare with anything. You'll be wishing to come back again and again, and then you will have a feeling of nostalgy about the game.

And the last but not the least, what really happened to the game over almost a decade? It became much easier, what many old-school WoWers (incl. myself) found frustrating, but for new players that must be good news!

Thank you for spending your time reading my review, I hope I have helped you to form your own opinion concerning the game.

P.S.: I quit WoW in the late 2011, due to some circumstances, but I really miss the game and often think of returning back to it.
  77. Feb 24, 2014
    This game still has a solid basis back from 2004. Despite all what has been done to this game later, it still is ok more or less. Levelling is very accessible and fun at times. Group play is very accessible too. As the years went, some of the problems the game had were solved while other problems were created. Some things were improved, such as the graphic engine or reducing the number ofThis game still has a solid basis back from 2004. Despite all what has been done to this game later, it still is ok more or less. Levelling is very accessible and fun at times. Group play is very accessible too. As the years went, some of the problems the game had were solved while other problems were created. Some things were improved, such as the graphic engine or reducing the number of people required for raiding. As it is now however, the game is unimmersive, it's atmoshere is gone and the social dimension of it disappeared. Yet the world still has its beauty and under the layers of more recent additions, the genius of the original is still to be felt. The game began as an RPG and headed towards the design of many Facebook games lately. It's very much about achievements and numbers rather than people, persistent world and a story. As such it still appeal to many, but the best times this game had are long gone. Be it shortly after Wrath of the Lich King expansion was released, I would have given this 10 points. The same goes for the game as it was before this expansion. The breaking point for this game has been the first post-Ulduar patch 3.2. Both in terms of the growth of the player-base and in terms of game design decisions. With few exceptions, the game has gone mostly downhill since then. Even though I have many precious memories from this game, I would not recommend it in its current state. Even though it is a subscription based game, a cash shop has made its way into the game, which made the overal feeling even cheaper. Many elements of the current game make it mosly average, but still worth playing if you just want to relax, take it easy and if you like games based on collecting achievements and other things. Expand
  78. Feb 21, 2014
    My favorite game of all time. This beast was ahead of its time back in 2004, and still lives on 9 years later. The art style and game engine have scaled extremely well. Blizzard has continually made updates to their engine. They learn lessons every expansion and apply them to the next. I've make sure to play every other MMO that comes out (Guild Wars 2, Rift, Star Wars: The OldMy favorite game of all time. This beast was ahead of its time back in 2004, and still lives on 9 years later. The art style and game engine have scaled extremely well. Blizzard has continually made updates to their engine. They learn lessons every expansion and apply them to the next. I've make sure to play every other MMO that comes out (Guild Wars 2, Rift, Star Wars: The Old Republic, ... the list goes on), but WoW is the golden standard they all have to compete with. Other games are just minor distractions to this ever dominate KING. Expand
  79. Feb 14, 2014
    Almost 10 years on the market and still is the best MMORPG that you can find. The major problem about the bad reviews is that people still wants the game to be like Vanilla or complain about the graphics....
  80. Feb 11, 2014
    This is the gold standard of MMORPGs and is the foundation to which all other MMORPG games will be built upon in the years to follow. World of Warcraft is a vast yet tight game experience that only gets better with friends and perfect strangers playing together. The amount of content to play through and all of the things you can do, competitively and cooperatively, is unparalleled. AddThis is the gold standard of MMORPGs and is the foundation to which all other MMORPG games will be built upon in the years to follow. World of Warcraft is a vast yet tight game experience that only gets better with friends and perfect strangers playing together. The amount of content to play through and all of the things you can do, competitively and cooperatively, is unparalleled. Add in the fact that you can play this game through several times as different classes and get a very unique experience every time and you have a game that can steal all of your free hours without remorse or regret. Though it has now been a while since the game launched, there's still a slight allure to World of Warcraft. Should Blizzard ever follow up on it with a new iteration of it, say a World of StarCraft entry, there's sure to be a repeat of history. Expand
  81. Feb 10, 2014
    This is one of the worst MMOs I've ever played. I just disliked it. I found it obnoxious, irritating and just generally dis-likable. The graphics are bad but to be fair graphics don't make a game good, story and characters do. I would recommend a different MMO like DCUO, Lord of the Rings Online or Star Wars: The Old Republic. You can try it for free, so if you're considering purchasing itThis is one of the worst MMOs I've ever played. I just disliked it. I found it obnoxious, irritating and just generally dis-likable. The graphics are bad but to be fair graphics don't make a game good, story and characters do. I would recommend a different MMO like DCUO, Lord of the Rings Online or Star Wars: The Old Republic. You can try it for free, so if you're considering purchasing it prior to playing it I recommend doing that. Expand
  82. Feb 10, 2014
    This is the best game ever. You may get people saying, "Oh, this game's graphics are terrible, and dated!" I say that the game is almost ten years old and is ageing surprisingly well. Some may say, "Oh, the mechanics are old and boring!" To you I say, 7.9 million people believe that these mechanics are entertaining and fun, and have kept them playing to this day. This game is the perfectThis is the best game ever. You may get people saying, "Oh, this game's graphics are terrible, and dated!" I say that the game is almost ten years old and is ageing surprisingly well. Some may say, "Oh, the mechanics are old and boring!" To you I say, 7.9 million people believe that these mechanics are entertaining and fun, and have kept them playing to this day. This game is the perfect blend of humour, epic moments, teamwork, and all around fun that any gamer could ask for. WoW, I salute you, old friend. Expand
  83. Feb 8, 2014
    After all these years, still a consistently amazing, fascinating game. Excellent programming, great tech support and literally and endless amount to do. Highly recommended
  84. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 10 out of 10, Re-play: 9 out of 10, Value: 9 out of 10

Regardless of the wide variety of ratings, this is a game most everyone should try (which can be played for free for the beginning stages of the game) and that many that try it will find they really actually enjoy it!
  85. Feb 3, 2014
    World Of Warcraft is one of my fav mmo games that i played
    i enjoyed playing as a horde or alliance in the game
    it one things that game improve is more easyer on story and quest side of the game
  86. Jan 29, 2014
    Amazing game, fun classes, great missions, great bosses, a huge variety of spells attacks, melee attacks, and ranged attacks. Fun market, and shops, however there is a crappy community in WOW.
  87. Jan 13, 2014
    This is the most epic and fun game in the world!!! if you don't want to buy you can play FREE on starter edition ( play to level 20 ) ( you can do quest or dungeon etc ) the standard edtion is not expensive so what do you waiting for.....
  88. Jan 12, 2014
    This is a very fun game! It's worth the monthly fee, though I do have my doubts from time to time. It's a little hard to catch on to at first, but it's really fun once you do. There's so much to do, such as questing, dungeons, and PVP. The different classes are very well-made. It's not for everyone, though. I recommend you try the starter version before committing to the monthly fee.This is a very fun game! It's worth the monthly fee, though I do have my doubts from time to time. It's a little hard to catch on to at first, but it's really fun once you do. There's so much to do, such as questing, dungeons, and PVP. The different classes are very well-made. It's not for everyone, though. I recommend you try the starter version before committing to the monthly fee. Overall, a well-made, fun to play game. Expand
  89. Dec 25, 2013
    World of Warcraft been playing off/on since somewhat of its early release. I believe this game set the standards for MMO's. Competitive play PvE/PvP if anyone tells you different the haven't played the game to its fullest. To people complaining that the game is too easy I can tell they haven't tried end game content. This game is being tuned constantly to please its player base and they doWorld of Warcraft been playing off/on since somewhat of its early release. I believe this game set the standards for MMO's. Competitive play PvE/PvP if anyone tells you different the haven't played the game to its fullest. To people complaining that the game is too easy I can tell they haven't tried end game content. This game is being tuned constantly to please its player base and they do listen to their players and hire out of their player base in some cases. The problem with WoW is its extremely time consuming So Blizzard has made it easier to acquire sub par gear such as LFR. I think with the time this game has been out Blizzard has been trying to keep up with new ideas buts it hard putting out and balancing the game in time for players won't get bored. Its a great game has its ups and downs. If your looking for a great PvP game WoW is prob the best if not top 3 the MMO world(In my opinion). If you wanna give the game a try go for it but if your planning on being just a casual I wouldn't say this is the game for you. I think its about time for WoW to upgrade its graphics which I believe would be hard(due to having a crap load of servers already) but its worth it imo. Expand
  90. Dec 5, 2013
    I made an account just so i could summarise something here:

1) The game does not require grinding to level up,I agree the system for leveling could be improved but there is no grinding i assure you 2)People who say minecraft graphics are better have clearly not played world of warcraft 3)The sound-track is not brilliant sadly =( 4)The game has an immersive story which at first
    I made an account just so i could summarise something here:

3)The sound-track is not brilliant sadly =(

4)The game has an immersive story which at first may be difficult to understand however by reading the quest logs you may begin to understand the story

5) The game does have a subscription fee but i believe the price is adequate

6) Sadly but recently all servers have been having lag (Probably because of the sheer amount of players)

Overall: I would reccomend the game to somebody who is not new to the mmo genre as it can be complicated to play at higher levels requiring exact keystrokes or failure awaits :p
  91. Nov 22, 2013
    GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ
    GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ
    つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ
    つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER ༽つ つ GIVE BACK WINDRUNNER
  92. Nov 5, 2013
    i still cant belive being 9 years old this is still my fav RPG experiance ever id honestly say put whatever you are playing down and come play this wonderfull game its givin me so many memories that i will tresure for ever this game is amazing in the shear content and i think this is better then guildwars 2 in my opinion the best MMO and will always be in this gereration anybody that givesi still cant belive being 9 years old this is still my fav RPG experiance ever id honestly say put whatever you are playing down and come play this wonderfull game its givin me so many memories that i will tresure for ever this game is amazing in the shear content and i think this is better then guildwars 2 in my opinion the best MMO and will always be in this gereration anybody that gives this game a low score must be a jockstrapp or somthing any RPG player would lose weeks in this loot grabbing 40 man raid fantasy epic must buy an easy 10/10 from me Expand
  93. Nov 1, 2013
    Well, writing a review about World of Warcraft is like stand at crossroads and think where to go. This game for sure took a big part in my life as well as in my heart. You may say that such games are waste of time, but actually whole our life is a time killer...

Anyway, the game is amazing in many aspects! Blizzard tried to do so the player is fully immersed in the world of Warcraft. The soundtrack is beautiful piece of art that makes you feel every piece of this virtual world as if it was real. The visuals... it's a mind-blowing. The graphic artists done a lot of great work. You will be surprised many times during your travel how talented are the people who made this. Every location has it's own story and you starting to believe in it. The storyline also great. For all those priceless moments I got in this game I give 8 score. I can't give it 10 points because of it's gameplay. Many hours will be wasted on grinding, especially on high levels. I don't like the concept of instances that ruins the integrity of the world. I don't like the casual PVP, you can't lose your items so you don't feel much adrenaline in combats. The character inventory is boring. The world could be more interactive.
  94. Oct 25, 2013
    Despite haters, i strongly recommend this game if you want to experience being in a whole other world, adventuring alongside of other players immersed as you are.

-Rich and exciting world -Plenty of different races, stories and flavors -Incredibly good animations -Really nice game system overall, from quests to UI, to inventory and health/resource -Beautiful artwork, stylized

-Rich and exciting world
    -Plenty of different races, stories and flavors
    -Incredibly good animations
    -Beautiful artwork, stylized
    -Fantastic class design (all classes feel unique and fun to play)
    -Combat is fast paced and addictive
    -Tons, tons and tons of content
    -Well designed around playing with others
    -The best endgame out there by far, raids are fun and challenging
    -Very polished in every front

This game is insanely good and the best mmo by orders of magnitute.
    I played it for years and it awarded me one of the best experiences i had in games by far. It's an adventure worth checking.
  95. Oct 24, 2013
    Pre expansion WoW was possibly the best game I've ever played. It felt like a living world, so immersive. It may not have been perfect but perhaps those less convenient things only added to the experience. I have only good memories of those days and I still listen to the soundtracks and think back to a time where life was so simple and carefree hanging out in westfall, goldshire,Pre expansion WoW was possibly the best game I've ever played. It felt like a living world, so immersive. It may not have been perfect but perhaps those less convenient things only added to the experience. I have only good memories of those days and I still listen to the soundtracks and think back to a time where life was so simple and carefree hanging out in westfall, goldshire, stormwind, ironforge and the bonding time with my brother and friends. It just had so much to offer and so many different environments. What I really like is that the world was so big that there were places that were just there. Unfortunate that the expansions lost touch somehow and that they are dragging this game out still. But for what it was back then, it deserves a solid 10. Expand
  96. Oct 24, 2013
    World of Warcraft is simply an amazing game that features endless innovation and growth. Additional content and ever changing character balance tweaks keep players challenged. Each expansion introduces new character classes and changes. Players that want to "Finish" the game are missing the point. World of Warcraft is a sandbox game there is no end. You are never forced to doWorld of Warcraft is simply an amazing game that features endless innovation and growth. Additional content and ever changing character balance tweaks keep players challenged. Each expansion introduces new character classes and changes. Players that want to "Finish" the game are missing the point. World of Warcraft is a sandbox game there is no end. You are never forced to do anything in the game, you can even level cap and tweak your character at a particular level. Leveling options are expansive to say the least with at least 7 that I am aware of; 1. Follow Quest Chains and do quests. 2. Farm Mobs without regard for quests. 3. Play PVP Battlegrounds. 4. Do Mining or Herbalism to gain experience. 5. Do dungeons and raids. 6. Engage in Pet Battles. 7. Complete seasonal quests.

The game has a wide range of Professions that can be followed and levelled and features a very active trading community via the Auction House or in-game trade.

Although deployment of expansions or occasional content updates usually have some bugs or glitches, up until now Blizzard has always fixed or removed content that causes problems.

Given the choice between paying for World of Warcraft subscription or buying a new game each month the choice is an easy one for Millions of World of Warcraft players.

For those who claim "Vanilla WOW was the best", they are ignoring the occasional upgrades to the graphic engine, innovation to skill trees, quest assistance which eliminates the need of quest helper add-ons.

Most regular players play for a few to several hours a week, however there are some players who simply have to be the best and end up sacrificing disproportionate time for rewards gained. This is not a game issue though, it is a player issue.

World of Warcraft creates an illusion of a living, ever changing environment and has generated a backdrop of Lore entrenched in ageless conflicts and subterfuge and betrayals.

Trying to level as fast as possible is almost futile and detracts from the enjoyment that can be derived from just exploring everything the game has to offer and enjoying level appropriate content and challenges.

Because the game is massively multiplayer with a strong interaction focus players may experience both good and bad interactions in the game and each guild will have a different feel based on the Guild master's guild design choices, morals, ethics and of course the general membership in the guild. Some guilds are helpful, while others exploit their members, so players may need to do quite a bit of guild hopping to find a guild that suits their game focus and social requirement.

Players who respond negatively are most likely experiencing "Resistance to Change", however the one thing this game does expect from players is to constantly respond to continuous change and progression.

Blizzard also regularly re-balance the game creating subtle imbalances which shift advantages and disadvantages between classes of character or talent specializations within a class. The deck gets shuffled more or less with each expansion or new PVP arena season.

Players can expect to get many years of top notch interactive enjoyment as Blizzard devotes a lot of resources to keep changing, updating and enhancing the game. How many more expansions there will be is difficult to assess, but it is certain that players have at least one or two more to look forward to after Mists of Pandaria.

This game has a lot to offer, and Blizzard have done a fine job maintaining a steady growth of new content and challenges. This game is overwhelming in that there is always something new to do and often not enough time to do it all. However for the many years of quality and dedication this game deserves the highest score possible.
  97. Oct 15, 2013
    This IS a good game. A great game in fact. A BRILLIANT game in fact. There is just so much to do, so much to explore, this by far the best mmo rpg I have ever played, EVER. You might think the game play becomes repetitive, but it doesn't, the quests are just SO different and if you get bored of questing, you have raiding, pvp and dungeon raiding, with so much to do, this game becomesThis IS a good game. A great game in fact. A BRILLIANT game in fact. There is just so much to do, so much to explore, this by far the best mmo rpg I have ever played, EVER. You might think the game play becomes repetitive, but it doesn't, the quests are just SO different and if you get bored of questing, you have raiding, pvp and dungeon raiding, with so much to do, this game becomes awesome fun, and you will waste weeks of your life playing it. The graphics suits the game very well. There is obvious effort put into making this game. And then, your subscription runs out. This game should not have a subscription fee, it just feels like... To be honest Candy Crush Saga, and it is the same story with ANY subscription fee game. The vanilla game should be completely free, the only things you should have to pay for is the DLC, as it makes perfect sense to give players an opportunity for a new challenge. The only problem with this game is the vanilla subscription fee, but that is a VERY BIG problem, it is also the main cause of hackers in this game. The game has all the aspects of a f2p, but isn't. Expand
  98. Oct 6, 2013
    Giving this game low score for other reason than this game's age I think, is complete nonsense or as in my country's tongue, 'hunger for some public attention'. This game first released on what, 2004? 5? Since then, I couldn't find a SINGLE replacement for the online MMORPG genre. And I'm from Korea, a country made out of online games. I agree that the game is no more enjoyable than theGiving this game low score for other reason than this game's age I think, is complete nonsense or as in my country's tongue, 'hunger for some public attention'. This game first released on what, 2004? 5? Since then, I couldn't find a SINGLE replacement for the online MMORPG genre. And I'm from Korea, a country made out of online games. I agree that the game is no more enjoyable than the previous WOW titles. Half or quarter value at best. But c'mon... This game is beyond the boundary of legendary. Show some respect. Rawrr Expand
  99. Sep 15, 2013
    A terrible MMO that has became a shadow of it's former self. It's become nothing more than a vessel to exploit the ignorant and uninformed with it's extortionate expansion prices and draconian subscription. Do yourself a favor and play TERA or Guild Wars 2 instead. They are cheaper, have much better combat and infinitely better quests.
  100. Sep 8, 2013
    Great fun to play with friends, still the most playable and responsive mmo i have experienced. Do not get sucked into the end game content unless you enjoy not having a life outside of azeroth.
  101. Jul 30, 2011
    It was as good as it gets back in the day. However, that time is gone. Most of the content in the World of Warcraft set the standards for every major mmo to come. Speaking from today.. the content is extremely stale, and very unbalanced due to badly designed expansion packs. If you end up playing or are playing this game keep in mind that the content is focused on PvE and waste your lifeIt was as good as it gets back in the day. However, that time is gone. Most of the content in the World of Warcraft set the standards for every major mmo to come. Speaking from today.. the content is extremely stale, and very unbalanced due to badly designed expansion packs. If you end up playing or are playing this game keep in mind that the content is focused on PvE and waste your life away raiding schedules. As for PvP, the game has no real PvP focus, it never has, they just offer it. Regarding the future of this game, it's already undergoing a slow painful death. If your willing to purchase 100+ dollars in expansions and a subscription on top of that by all means go ahead. Just keep in mind it's not as good as it was. Collapse

1. Combines not only technical prowess and fine-tuned gameplay, but pleasure as well, making this the new standard for the competition. Word to the other companies: this is the reason your registered users are dwindling.
    The game isn't flawless, nor is it technically finished - a good many quests fall into a "kill 20 of enemy X and collect 9 of item Y" pattern, a lot of promised end-game content still isn't in, and there are still bugs being squashed - but it's easily the closest MMORPGs have yet come to perfection. If this one doesn't hook you, nothing will.
    Although it's not as technologically proficient as "EverQuest II," World of Warcraft has a more pronounced sense of style...If you're looking for a new MMORPG, then the World of Warcraft is the very first place you should visit.