• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Dec 7, 2004
8.7

1. Dejimmy
    Feb 21, 2005
    A boring game but expensive.
  2. Zabarkong
    Nov 9, 2004
    Total Club is much better.
  3. TarikO.
    Apr 22, 2005
    Please give us old cm version(not include 2D version) players are still doing bullsh.t things in the match.so it makes me angry.in fact i dont wanna 2D version cm.
  4. RushabI.
    May 30, 2005
    What a game!. Every year, I think it cant get better,but FM 2005 is it!
  5. DonaldDuck
    Jan 29, 2005
    It is a brillant game and every 1 should buy a copy.
  6. IbroG.
    Apr 4, 2005
    Well done SI. They've done a good job with this game. An fantastic gaming experience that doesn't let you down. A few nice new features and an allround solid game. The only reason i haven't given it a 10 is cos i'm waitng on the games to be played in 3D. Am i asking too much?
    Nov 9, 2004
    A totally wonderful game. Addicted? Indeed.
  8. CraigB.
    Feb 15, 2005
    The best game I have ever played. I played it for 13 hours straight once. Thats how addictive it is. Every football fan should own this. Its banned in China!
  9. ThierryF.
    Feb 3, 2005
    Quelles sont les astuces pour améliorée les prefs d'une équipe? merci
  10. MarkoN.
    Feb 6, 2005
    Great game!
  11. WilliT.
    Feb 9, 2005
    This game is the best management game i have ever encountered although there are obvious ways of cheating such as creating another in game manager and buying one of your own players for a ridiculous amount of money.
  12. Johno
    Apr 17, 2005
    Pure class, no other words for it!!!!
  13. MaikelB.
    Jun 1, 2005
    Real F"cking good game.
  14. MikeC.
    Mar 31, 2006
    This is the most fantastic football manager sim ever, sports interactive have created a stonker (if you want to destroy your hopes and ambitions in your life, because you will if play this game!).
  15. SimonE.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Amazing, addictive, time-sucking work of genius. Put simply; if you love football, you will adore FM2005.
  16. J.S.
    Nov 7, 2004
    For all those that might still be confused - Football Manager 2005, is the next version of Championship Manager. What Eidos offer is NOT the same game - it won't even use the original CM code base and likely not be a patch on this, the SI Games effort. As ever, there is only one football management game, and it is made by SI Games. If you are a genuine football fan though, you For all those that might still be confused - Football Manager 2005, is the next version of Championship Manager. What Eidos offer is NOT the same game - it won't even use the original CM code base and likely not be a patch on this, the SI Games effort. As ever, there is only one football management game, and it is made by SI Games. If you are a genuine football fan though, you already have both PES4 and this... Expand
  17. Dalim
    Nov 9, 2004
    So far I played the demo and I loved it so i'm getting it on Friday.
  18. DimitriG.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Absolutely superb footie management game. Even if your league of choice is a backword-3rd country dump, you'll get all the players, info and feel for your team and competition. If you switch off some options (minimise database etc) the loading times are very fast (thank God!). I play on a 2.4Ghz, 512MB RAM machine, and it literally flies! Good job S.I.!!!
  19. EggyM.
    Feb 16, 2005
    I get 2 beat celtic wif rangers all the time.
  20. VivekV.
    Feb 24, 2005
    Not as good as CM 01-02, but still is an awesome game - worthy enough to be part of the legendary CM.
  21. LeeF.
    Mar 21, 2005
    Great game, won the league twice with Everton.
  22. JacobC.
    Mar 23, 2005
    Simply Sensational.
  23. R.Skells
    Sep 14, 2005
    This game will take over your life.
  24. ShahrulN.
    Nov 18, 2004
    This is not a game!It's a drug enhanced software.More addictive than seeing Thierry Henry bamboozling defenders. A Must Buy!!!
  25. ErdemB.
    Nov 25, 2004
    An excellent effort. Although a vast improvement to 03/04, I still get the feeling SI are holding back on some innovations.
  26. TheBirthdayBear
    Jun 19, 2005
    Great game!
  29. AliC.
    Jul 11, 2005
    I almost gave this game zero, for the simple reason that this game does nothing to enhance your life (except giving you a curiously encyclopedic knowledge of obscure cheap football players): in fact it is very damaging to relationships, careers, your playing of other computer games...... (it kept me from Half Life 2 for months). It is THAT addictive. It should carry a health warning. I almost gave this game zero, for the simple reason that this game does nothing to enhance your life (except giving you a curiously encyclopedic knowledge of obscure cheap football players): in fact it is very damaging to relationships, careers, your playing of other computer games...... (it kept me from Half Life 2 for months). It is THAT addictive. It should carry a health warning. Still, it's bloody brilliantly executed (if only it were a teeny bit faster). Expand
  30. JakeV.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The true championship manager.

1. The role playing element is where this game comes into its own...You can engage in mind games with any other manager, striking up friendships and burn bridges, and your players will react to what they say about you too. The fun that cna be had by continually prodding a virtual Kevin Keegan to see what he'll do next...[Dec 2004, p.82]
  2. This sim certainly delivers the goods. Keeping an eye on the details involved in running a winning team is so engrossing that, once you accept your first management job, you can bid farewell to months of free time.
  3. It's a bloody decent game, as could only be expected. If it were not for the battle with Eidos perhaps one would have expected SI to release this as an add-on or update to FM 2005, rather than pitch it as an entirely new game with all these 'amazing' new features.