Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 PC

• Release Date: Nov 18, 2008
8.1

1. Kriiis!!
    Mar 3, 2009
    Yet another brilliant game from the football manager production team. From the accuracy of the player stats to the thrill of leading your team to glory, this game will have you hooked. SI have done a great job on fixing the bugs with each and every update. The 3D match engine takes a while to get used to, but when you do it's in a league of it's own. And if you don't like Yet another brilliant game from the football manager production team. From the accuracy of the player stats to the thrill of leading your team to glory, this game will have you hooked. SI have done a great job on fixing the bugs with each and every update. The 3D match engine takes a while to get used to, but when you do it's in a league of it's own. And if you don't like the 3D, you can always swith it back to normal 2D mode. Obviously it would seem that alot of people reviewed this and gave it small scores by only playing the demo version. Well, play it again and update to the current patch. Well worth the money. As a fan of all managerial games i salute SI. Well done on producing on such a great game and by setting a landmark for other games to follow. Expand
  2. Chris
    Nov 15, 2008
    by far the best of the series once you get it installed (although i had no problems) and patched, te 3d engine is a great addition, aswell as the improvements to the transfer system and intro of assistant manager feedback.
  3. SeanDanielBrett
    Nov 15, 2008
    Brillant game despite a few early bugs which will get ironed out quickly. 3-D match engine is great but requires a good PC to make full use of it. Good work SI !
  4. EugeneT.
    Nov 17, 2008
    A long time user of the Football Manager, back to the Championship Managers. I've enjoyed every addition each year and the 3D match engine is simply the best thing they could ever do. I don't particularly enjoy dealing with the press, but I suppose some people will. I do attend for the big games, and surely there wouldn't be a press conference for each game? Nonetheless, A long time user of the Football Manager, back to the Championship Managers. I've enjoyed every addition each year and the 3D match engine is simply the best thing they could ever do. I don't particularly enjoy dealing with the press, but I suppose some people will. I do attend for the big games, and surely there wouldn't be a press conference for each game? Nonetheless, the game is truly amazing. The coach reports, the scouting, the players attitude, the training, the "being able to ask a player to work on specific things". Is all fantanastic. It just adds to the game. I asked striker to try hang between defenders to wait for a ball and then run, and soon enough he is doing it. It's so nice to play and it's fantastic to see the game unfold in 3D. I was going to give this a mark of 8/10 simply because the 3D match engine isn't perfect... yet. And simply because of the annoying press and constant pregame press conferences. But I ended up giving it a 9/10 simply because there are more new features and there are more good new features than bad ones. I can only hope that the bad new ideas can be ironed out with patches. Expand

1. Sports Interactive created the greatest football manager yet. Huge, with an incredible number of leagues from all around the world, complex but also really intuitive, and with the added feature of 3D matches where we can watch our team in real time. Just a couple of technical issues keep the game away from being nearly perfect.
  2. A mixture of good and bad. On one hand it's the finest, most complete and visually fulfilling game the series has ever enjoyed, but on the other it contains so many niggles you'll feel irritated almost as often as you feel elated. The good news is that a patch has been promised soon after release, but in the meantime we have no choice but to mark it down accordingly.
  3. No problem proved bad enough to significantly tarnish my experience and on the whole Sports Interactive has tweaked an already brilliant game to make something even better. If you want a high stress virtual job on top of your real one, have hours to burn each day looking at an interactive database, and fancy yourself as the next Alex Ferguson, Football Manager 2009 might be the only game you'll need until this time next year.