• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2008
8.1

There are no negative user reviews yet.

1. Sports Interactive created the greatest football manager yet. Huge, with an incredible number of leagues from all around the world, complex but also really intuitive, and with the added feature of 3D matches where we can watch our team in real time. Just a couple of technical issues keep the game away from being nearly perfect.
  2. A mixture of good and bad. On one hand it's the finest, most complete and visually fulfilling game the series has ever enjoyed, but on the other it contains so many niggles you'll feel irritated almost as often as you feel elated. The good news is that a patch has been promised soon after release, but in the meantime we have no choice but to mark it down accordingly.
  3. No problem proved bad enough to significantly tarnish my experience and on the whole Sports Interactive has tweaked an already brilliant game to make something even better. If you want a high stress virtual job on top of your real one, have hours to burn each day looking at an interactive database, and fancy yourself as the next Alex Ferguson, Football Manager 2009 might be the only game you'll need until this time next year.