7.0

1. Jan 7, 2011
    I played this game for the first time a couple years after it was released. At first I was troubled and frustrated by the controls, but after committing to learning them I was comfortable with the gameplay after a few hours, and after a couple days I was so good I could hit an enemy worm dead-on clear across the map behind an object with high winds, with the trusty ol' bazooka. At thatI played this game for the first time a couple years after it was released. At first I was troubled and frustrated by the controls, but after committing to learning them I was comfortable with the gameplay after a few hours, and after a couple days I was so good I could hit an enemy worm dead-on clear across the map behind an object with high winds, with the trusty ol' bazooka. At that point I had to admit that if I had quit the game due to frustration, not only would I be missing out on what would become one of my top five favorite games of all time, I would be the one at fault, not the games controls. So yes, the learning curve may be high, but it is well worth it to stick it out just for a few hours to learn them and master them. This game has a high value both as a single player game and for challenging your friends to compete strategies. The replay value is also way higher than average for games of this kind - the maps are customizable, the weapons are all unique, and the many different battle settings make for a game you will never get bored with. As you finish one scenario, you will find that you have just thought of another.
    Worms 3D also does not leave you wishing it were in the traditional 2-d format, as it made a very impressive transition to 3-D, with smooth camera angles and new opportunities to approach an enemy worm and shoot, punch, blow up, or gas it dead.
    Overall, I give this game a well earned solid 10, as my favorite game in the worms installment and one of my favorite games of all time - a score you will rarely see me flaunt around.
  2. Jun 8, 2013
    This is by far a really great multiplayer game for everyone and I like when I see some fine good worms games so if you are a worms fan like everyone out there then give this worms game a try.

1. You'd think jumping would be precisely tuned in a game about accuracy, but here, it feels like a crapshoot. [May 2004, p.85]
  2. While Worms 3D essentially delivers what it says on the tin, in surrendering its intuitive interface the concept has evolved into a far less attractive proposition. A shame. [Dec 2003, p.126]
  3. We love the new look, but we're not thrilled about the tarnished gameplay. [May 2004, p.64]