6.7

1. AWG
    Jul 20, 2013
    Worms Revolution is just another Worms game, with all the good (it's funny) and bad (it's always the same kind of funny) things this means. Single player campaign is not bad and multiplayer mode works like a charm. Cute graphics too.
  2. Oct 22, 2012
    Good game. Almost the same gamplay seen on the previous versions with dinamic water and objects in Full HD. With Missions, Puzzles and Versus mode you can have fun offline, while the Online Multiplayer feature allows you to enjoy it to the max with your friends. Great interface and creative new weapons. OBS: Ninja Rope is sucking hard, otherwise I would rate it higher.
  3. Dec 9, 2012
    I just bought the first 2 worms game and thoroughly enjoyed them, but then this came out and i bought it. First, overpriced. Second the arsenal of weapons is still big, but they took out important and fun to play around with weapons (not all, but several). Third, the graphics just don't give the same feel of true worms game-play. Finally, the customization wasn't quite as large as i expected, but still fairly big. For the price, buy worms 1 and 2. Expand
  4. Apr 21, 2013
    Heyheyhey.. What's wrong with those reviews? There IS 8 worm teams! There IS different teams (just create one more player profile for each)! Even Jet-pack's power you can choose (low|med|high). Not a bad game. With some correct innovations (water weapons, collidable objects etc). And.. It IS still fun, almost like Armageddon. ... but RIP Rope (owerpowered before imho;)). It can be better, but as for now this is definitely not fail like all previous so called "Worms" after WWP.
    Way better than Reloaded.
  5. Oct 16, 2013
    the first game I have problems with the graphics It´s flickering and I never had such a prob, even with 300 games on steam, and plenty from others. I tried to play for half an hour and thats it with this Revolution. such a shame. I even didn´t find any helpful meanings, only that its bad with Radeon cards. Damn
  6. Dec 31, 2012
    Cannot deal with it. So much bucks for that? THAT? From Armageddon and World Party we receiving only new graphics and bad physics.
    So what is Revolution? Good DLC, but not enough after fcken 10YEARS
  7. Nov 11, 2012
    Worms Revolution is the classic worms game style with 3D enviroment. But the camera show the map in 2D mode. The new physic elements are really fun. The water on this game works good, the solids elements too. This worms have the same formula always. Generally good game. Yes, we need more maps and game configurable options. I'm sure that is on the way... Don't worry with game updates, the last Worms Reloaded has more than 10 updates. This game is not a revolutionary but his concept is good. Only really have a bad thing: the name. Expand
  8. Dec 12, 2012
    I played both single-player and multiplayer now. I can say this game is great! It's such a laugh when you gather with your mates and play together! Specially at the beginning, when your aim is bad, it's so funny! Me and my friends had a short period, where each turn, everyone was just suiciding :D Multiplayer is nice, but unfortunately the server is not full with people all the time. I love the graphics of this game, the worms models and animations and the maps. The things that I think should have been improved are the number of worms (still 4 worms is the maximum) and the sounds (could have been made more differentiable). Also if your planning to buy this game, you should consider buying the DLCs as well, as they add very important (imo) stuff, as weapons + maps (mars one is my fav.) and of course single player missions. All in all, great game, and def. will play this one instead of armageddon. Expand
  9. Oct 15, 2012
    Revolution is obsolete on launch by Armageddon... just as Reloaded also was. Wait for Armageddon to be sold on Steam (it's already on there, those of us who were aware grabbed it as a preorder b"bonus" for Revolution, though really we were buying Armageddon and got Revolution as a free bonus), or grab it now through Amazon and apply the latest patch. It's not that Armageddon can't be topped (it very well can be), it's that Team17 has never even tried to. 4 worms per team, small maps, bad graphics, low customization??? Everything they do is taking leaps backwards instead of forwards. It's extremely mind-boggling behaviour. Expand
  10. Aug 15, 2013
    The community for this game died very quickly and the multiplayer is the most fun part of the game by far. Not a single person online, so disappointing.
  11. Oct 16, 2012
    Ever since Armageddon/World Party worms series seem to go more and more downhill. After a disastrous Reloaded, we now get Revolution which is a shy step forward but, overall, a needless entry in the long line of Worms games that don't live up to their 10 years old predecessors. So what's wrong with Revolution? Well, once you get over the shiny new graphics, it gets down to pretty much everything! Before I start listing, let's get one thing straight: this game DOES NOT feature a brand new game engine as developers want you to believe! Instead, it's just heavily modified Reloaded. With that said, let's get down to business... Once again, you can have only 4 worms per team and the customization is rather obscure (terrain editor, for one, is BY FAR inferior to the one in Armageddon/WP). Once you're through with the boring (and occasionally confusing) menus and start the game, you'll get overwhelmed by unresponsive and laggy controls and a frame-rate to match. Although some weapon physics are improved over Reloaded, there are certain essential items which appear unruly and glitchy. Ninja rope is nowhere near as useful as it was in Armageddon/WP and, most of the time, it just deactivates for no reason. This, along with a nerfed jet pack, makes traveling the distance a true mission: impossible - a feat faithfully carried over from Reloaded. There are some innovations such as troops customization (you can have a fat worm, slow but strong, a little guy, fast but weak, a brainiac...) but it doesn't matter since these come in a form of a modern gaming plague that some people refer to as DLC. However, since it's pretty clear that a real worms fan won't even dignify this game with a second look, the DLC might as well be non-existent (hee, hee, hee). To make a long story short, this is a game for those under the age of 9 and the ones who can't play proper worms (and by 'proper' I mean the 'bonus' content which is Worms: Armageddon, by all means superior version to this pathetic latest installment). Of course, 10s are awarded by the ones who are paid to do so and imbeciles, whose opinion is ,therefore, irrelevant. Expand
  12. Oct 16, 2012
    Do you like the Worms games? I do. And this game is this. Another worm game. You have to beat the enemy worms using a variety of weapons. That's pretty much it. I know it doesn't sound very promising so far, since it's pretty much what we've already seen in any other worms game, but I give this game a 7/10 because it's what it should be. A game that's fun to play. Yep, the same old recipe still works and worms is still a fun game. I'd recommend it to anyone who loved the past games and someone who just wants to play a game to have some fun. Expand
  13. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is still a very good game even that it is made in 2012 it is very good and i play it about 4 hours a day just to feel the really good gameplay.

My wore may game - Alidengote 2014
  14. Jan 8, 2013
    I've always liked Worms. It's a lot of fun to beat your friends in hotseat mode, and the game always bring out some laughs. This one doesn't.

Contrary to what other people have written here you CAN drop weapons from jetpacks and ninja ropes. Maybe they've patched it in. You CAN also create separate teams for separate players. But the game still lacks all the fun from previous
    installments. It's slow and sluggish, feels like everything is moving in some semi slow-motion. It's harder to aim properly in this one compared to previous games. Ninja rope and jet packs feel very weird and hard to control properly.

The implementation of water feels very unnecessary. I though you could drown opponents worms with water gun or water bombs. And you can immerse them in water if they are in a hole, but it barely hurts them at all. They can easily get out from there, or stay in the water fighting like nothing happened only loosing 5 health per turn. If you want to drown the worms you have to throw them into the water on the sides or bottom.

This feels like a very unpolished game. The core gameplay is crippled, and no fancy hairstyles and moustaches in the world can save this from being plain boring. If you like Worms, buy the previous versions.
  15. Oct 11, 2012
    I've played the single player missions for this game a good bit now, and I'm quite enjoying it. Definitely worth the price! Matt Berry's voice acting is stellar, as well as the way the worms seem to interact with him. There's a lot of little nuances that make it obvious that a lot of work went into this game. My only complaint so far is that I can't seem to find any multi-player games (it's entirely possible that it's on my end though). If you're a fan of the series, you're going to love this game! Expand
  16. Oct 14, 2012
    IGN and SpazioGames giving it the token "Gamespot" 8.5, which is the lowest they were paid to give. The trailers don't show you anything. Seems like Team17 cannot innovate, ever.
  17. Oct 16, 2012
    need I elaborate? Its worms shooting eachother on a 2D landscape. Whats not to love? An awesome worms experience. Haters gonna hate, but seriously, people who have given this game bad reviews are out of their minds, because this game is a blast to play.
  18. Apr 21, 2013
    I see only the hp bar and the name of the worms.I don't see the terrain,the background,etc. This game simply Sucks!If i could get a refund that could be nice!
  19. Nov 20, 2012
    Game is much better than WORMS 3D. Every old school WORMS fan should try this game. The only pain in the ass is dumb AI level, graphical glitches, ATI incompatibility with some settings (FXAA) and only 4 types of world in which you can battle.
  20. Oct 11, 2012
    Best Worms ever. I bought it at the first day, played 8h in a row and there is no end in sight. Really awesome fun. The first release got a fev minor bugs but runs smooth on my 3 year old computer
  21. Oct 12, 2012
    This game is NOT bad. It's definitely not perfect either, and in fact, it has a lot of flaws. THE GOOD: There are some really nice additions to the gameplay: dynamic water, physics, worm classes and some new weapons. The single player campaign is also very lengthy, having a deathmatch branch and a puzzle branch, each one with more than 30 missions. The online multiplayer is where the real fun is, obviously. There are three modes: Deathmatch (all vs. all or in teams), Forts (team 1 vs. team 2, each one in its own fort), and Classic (No worm classes, no dynamic water, no physics... for the worm series purists). THE BAD: The level editor is atrocious. It's completely worthless and it doesn't really let you do anything good. The game has some bugs. For some people, the game doesn't even start. For others, worms suddenly become invisible. There have been other minor bugs reported, as well, but mentioning all of them here is impossible. There's a lot of content lacking from Armaggedon. Why? No one knows. There's really no logical explanation as to why they would cut content out from older games in a newer game. The performance is also quite bad. The game feels laggy and sluggish. Finally, there's only 4 landscape themes, and eventhough there's gonna be 3 more coming in form of DLCs in the next months, it still is a bit boring. OVERALL: This game is overall really solid and fun. The worms spirit is intact and if you like the series, you'll have a blast with this, AS LONG AS you don't run into any bugs and can run the game okay. Expand
  22. Oct 15, 2012
    A few specifics as to why this game is not good enough:

1) Worms should put control, responsiveness, and gameplay at the forefront. What this means is ninja ropes that are powerful, predictable movement on terrain, predictable shooting past terrain. Half the time your turn fails, it is because of something not working, such as your ninja rope hitting an invisible pixel or just
    deactivating for no reason. In worms iteration 700, this is just shameful. The ninja rope is pitiful compared to Armageddon. 2) You can no longer use weapons while on ninja ropes and jetpacks. Why would they nerf this? So, you can't jet in, drop dynamite, fly away with low fuel, nor with ninja ropes. Those are the cunning stunts that made worms fun. This makes the game feel casual and the player underpowered. If there are, say, 4 worms on a plateau, you have to get there, drop dynamite and then run away. No where to run? Fine, wait to die. Why team17?

3) There is a 5 sec wait time before AI plays every time, not including their thinking time. I imagine this time is for human players to prepare for their turn. Why for AI though? It is thorough frustrating and adds time to, and staggers a game. There are many more small details like these. In essence this feels lazy to me. Ok, so Matt Berry is fantastic, the graphics are ok, the physics engine is **** And gameplay was not focused on, or maybe it was intentionally nerfed for a more casual player. How can you get a more casual worms player? I don't know, but they've managed to make it feel like something unpolished. Gameplay is much worse than Arg, responsiveness and control are worse than Worms 1.
  23. Nov 18, 2012
    It's Worms, it's got creative additions in the pack, it adds dynamic water, classes and a 3D engine to the battle, it's still the great hotseat multiplayer game you remember from the early Amiga days, what else is there to make it a great game?

I got something to say about ticroo's review - if you have a reason to complain, fine, but refuse from spreading false information, please?

So first off, yes, it features a brand new engine. Second, the terrain editor allows you to choose the position of Worms, physics objects, mines, barrels, sentry guns, dynamic water AND you can choose what parts of the landscape are indestructible and what not, which makes it far, far superior to any previous landscape editor, which solely allowed you to draw landscapes. The menus are pretty well designed and shouldn't confuse anyone above an IQ of 70, and are definitely more interesting than the actually boring menus of WA or WWP, as they are set inside of the Worms' secret underground base and add up to the atmosphere. The framerate is fine here, probably you should check whether your computer got the right hardware to handle the game. Reloaded was nowhere inferior in travelling compared to WA and WWP and featured a far improved jet pack - I realize though that travelling is harder in Revolution (not impossible), doesn't make it a bad game at all. Perhaps it's occasionally more interesting if you can't just change your position with ease? The worm classes are not part of any DLC, you moron (honestly, care about getting your freaking infos right before going on a dumbass rampage).

Therefore, in the end, the imbecile one is clearly you. Some butthurt internet complainer guy, they are common enough. Not half the info from your review is near the truth. User reviews are fine and all but some people abuse and try to boycott games through spreading false info. Not fun to read at all.

Personal score is more like 8 here, but you've got to make up for the stupidity of other people...
  24. Oct 15, 2012
    One of the best worms series ever!Good graphic,amazing environment and the great Dynamic Explore...I played Worms Reloaded for the fist time it 's release untill this game come out ! Good Work Team 17 :) (my poor eng)
  25. Oct 17, 2012
    With previous versions it used to be that Worms made an excellent "party game", one of the fun parts being the creation of individual teams for each player. This turn around the only way to play together is to "clone" the first player's team, so everyone's worms are the same. As someone else's review already mentioned: WTF?

As for other aspects of the game: Worms Revolution has outdated
    graphics, dull music, limited terrain styles and so on. The additions of worm classes, forts mode and physics do not tilt the balance away from this being a less than mediocre cashing-in on the classic Worms title. Expand
  26. Jan 22, 2013
    Well, I don't think this is a fair rating, because this game is better than the others. I had a lot of fun in this game, and it has a lot of innovations!
  27. Jul 16, 2013
    well this is worms that we all know and love and/or hate. Revolution is yet another release in what is becoming a series that seems to churn out 2 or more games a year for no reason at all other than milking a cow. this is an average to bad game. cons: 1. the AI is as dumb as its ever been. its chock loaded full of crack shot aiming ability able to make any impossible shot using the 10 or fewer weapons it knows how to use. i think the only new weapon the AI knows how to use is the blow torch but it sucks at doing that.
    2. the narrator in campaign....is just bad. he tries way too hard. the only narrating this series has done successfully is the Me-Me voice over in worms 4 mayhem.
    3. campaign mode.....is bad because of the aforementioned reasons of AI and narrator. it doesnt help you are always outnumbered by the AIs uncanny ability to hit impossible shots is amazing.
    4. the wind meter indicator appears to have been dumbed down. it used in past games be a MPH meter but now its a 0-3 bars. i guess MPH was too complicated for casuals?
    5. cant have more than 1 team
    6. instead of a few hundred soundbanks like past games i think there were 20 maybe 30
    7. customization of worm clothing remains inferior to worms 4 mayhem.
    8. frame rate and lag....holy hell. its a shame team 17 has only produced one frame rate less game in the worms series in the past 12 years....that being worms armageddon.
    9. the music is a horrible step backwards. songs are literally 5 second midi loops.
    10. several weapons have gotten worse. the homing missile just does not work now. the rope cannot seem to even equal the rope in armageddon.
    11. the AI again....will take awhile to do a move....to sometimes only end up skipping its turn yet the AI will sit there for 30 seconds only to skip its turn. other times it just gets stuck. this is what happens when you use the same AI algorithm since worms 1 in the 90s. literally the AI hasnt changed except its now more glitchy and perhaps worse. i think they gave it better crackshot ability which isnt an improvement is cheesy difficulty
    12. too much more to list. though i will add the game has savedata issues and crashed in the first 10 minutes cause the narrator got stuck on a loop.

pros:
    its worms
    its not expensive.
  28. Oct 12, 2012
    Terrible game. Worms Reloaded was already pretty mediocre, but Revolution do one step further and is really bad. The design is awful and the graphic aspect which was supposed to be stunning is pretty bad. No antialiasing ?
    And let's talk about the customization options : almost none. You can not create new team for other human player (for a Worms game ? WTF ?) with their own name,
    gravestone, etc... and there are far less objects to customize your team than what you can find in previous Worms games (gravestones, speechbank...)
    The Forts are just terrible.
    Only 4 environment ? Really ?... Oh 3 more are coming in DLC but you'll have to pay. Can you remind me how many environments WA or WWP had ?
    Waste of money, waste of time.
  29. rot
    Dec 2, 2012
    It recognises that Worms works best in a 2D world, but modernises it with 3D graphics and physics. I feel people are being too harsh for what it is; and inexpensive game you can play with friends. I played this with a friend I don't have a lot in common and it was great bonding experience.
  30. Jan 11, 2013
    Simply awful. As good as no content. Only usable if you are playing against friends on your computer. The single player mode is limited to a basic walk-through, hijacked by not-so-funny dialogue. This will last about 20 minutes, but it will have gotten old after the first few seconds. Online multiplayer mode: no-one is ever on-line. This game is dead. DO NOT BUY! Remember, no refunds.
  31. Apr 12, 2013
    After a good tutorial game, most fun found in LAN with friends over internet. Old good features are there, graphics are good and new stuffs make this Worms Revolution perfect!!
  32. Apr 20, 2013
    Single Player sucks. The AI never misses. It is unreal. Multiplayer is fun. Although this game seems to have a few glitches. People keep saying that they cannot see their worms names and health.
  33. Sep 26, 2013
    Amazing game, it has an awesome singleplayer. Unfortunately the multiplayer is almost absent (nobody plays), but I prefer it instead of Clan Wars in the singleplayer.

Good old worms with a new look are still entertaining (unlike the other modern parts of the series) just like the original ones. [Dec 2012]
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    I spent about 15 hours with Worms Revolution, and while I didn't especially enjoy it, I only played against computer opponents. I'm guessing that for the game to really shine, you have to play against similarly (in)competent human opponents. Given that it's so easy to miss with your attacks and accidentally blow up your own worms, Worms Revolution might generate a lot of good-natured heckling and work pretty well as a party game. Or not. But for only $15, if the premise sounds fun, then there's not much reason not to find out.
  3. Nov 9, 2012
    Revolution is not without its flaws, but you can live with them, because finally, this is a real successor to Worms World Party.