7.8

1. Feb 21, 2014
    I play all my driving games with a wheel. I wanted this game to be a step up from WRC2 soo much. It failed miserably! How do I put it in the shortest way possible - the driving got much less fun that in WRC2 but the graphics got better. Almost all else is the same. Budget stages, budget sound fx and music.------------------

WRC2 was a good game when you got to know it, this one killed

WRC2 was a good game when you got to know it, this one killed the best thing its predecessor had - good driving experience. I beat just about any level in WRC2 but I can`t get through WRC3. The driving is just boring. The force feedback is pretty much nonexistant. There is little to no difference how 2WD/4WD cars handle. There is no difference how cars react to gravel/mud/sand with an exception of tarmac. The car settings in garage (suspension/aerodynamics etc.) make no difference. My biggest complaint here is that while playing you feel like controlling a box, not a car. There is no indication that the suspension reacts to a surface type, there is just no feeling of driving a car whatsoever. There is no weight to it. The game doesn`t let you feel any of that.-----------------------

All of this caused that I couldn`t analise my driving, I couldn`t know where I make mistakes. The game never let me do this. So while going through another special stage I kept getting this feeling that I do not like how this game feels, how it drives and how it looks.---------------------

Every single game I buy I gave a chance. I gave this game 6 or 7 hours overall and I never felt that it had the things that would make me appreciate it. -----------------------

WRC2 had good driving model and cars that would react to changes made in car settings. WRC3 let that slip aside and it doesn`t have anything else besides better graphics.---------------------

All in all this game feels like 80% of the funds and resources went to upgrade the graphics while everything else got left just being there. All this is very sad, how a good rally game could gone so bad.-------4/10 to my great dissatisfaction.

1. Jan 2, 2013
    WRC3's excellent track design counts for little when burdened with unnatural car handling and uninspired design.
    Unexpected rise from the ashes – the third title of the WRC series is not flawless but is finally playable. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    A really decent game that can keep you playing for a few afternoons. Unfortunately limitations imposed by its low budget are evident. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.58]