6.3

1. Oct 27, 2013
    I agree with Wes, this is a great game in a VERY neglected sector. Far more satisfying from a rally point of view than the pathetic dudefest iterations of the last two DIRT releases. The variety of stages on the 13 different rallies is EXCELLENT and infinitely superior to anything in the last two DIRTs. I find the handling surprisingly good and I am playing with a very low end controller. The graphics are perfectly acceptable and I would give them a 9 out of 10 only the spectators are not as crisp but are you here to look at pretty spectators or experience the thrill of rallying?

Overall this is a fantastic game and for the scope and variety it has EXCELLENT value for its very reasonable price. There are a few minor issues with uploading your stats which I am sure they will fix and an easy fix for NVidia drivers if like me you have an Intel and Nvidia driver together. If you love rallying and feel you have been left in the wilderness by the DIRT series in the last few years snap this up you won't regret it
  2. Oct 26, 2013
    Not sure what the other guy was talking about...but the car physics are great! On a scale of 1 5 (1 sim, 5=arcade), it's about a 2. Go on Steam and look at the forums, the consensus is good and a big improvement over the last, especially on handling (cars are much heavier now).

Very enjoyable. Great tracks and good variety. Finally a true rally game for sim fans that are tired of Dirt
    owning this genre. You'll only find pure rally events here along with your British co-driver. Every true rally fan should play this...I know you'll enjoy it. Expand
  3. Oct 28, 2013
    definitely better than DIRT if you're fed up being a "DUDE", nice to have a rally game without pointless gymkhana and stunt events. First dirt was an excellent rally game with some nice additions but totally lost the way. I have played all the other wrc games and this is the best by a mile, graphics are NOT the be all and end all of good games....rant over! 8/10
  4. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is just bad. Terrible wheel support, laughable configuration graphics settings, horrible framerates and the campaign is a joke. I picked it up hoping for a realistic, modern rally game and was sorely disappointed.
  5. Oct 26, 2013
    If you guys are wiling to pay a DLC called "WRC 4" for 50$, go ahead!
    That so called "the developers promised to have taken a lot of fan feedback into account for the new title" was just part of a diabolic plan of Milestone. Nothing has changed from previous game, they just updated the car liveries, added some HDR filters, made minimal changes to all the "WRC 3" tracks and pasted all into
    the so called WRC 4 game!
    Engine/Exhaust sounds, environment, and these physics are the worst part of that "DLC" But i had a new surprise, there's absolutely no advanced video options like previous series.
    Milestone's and BBI laziness this year was astonishing and i fear they're losing ground to Rally Sim fans and even to those who really hoped milestone did actually change something.
    I wouldn't spend my money on a game that has been recycled for 4 years now to see the same stuff over and over again. The devs could at least improve their game engine and add a proper FFB and a proper advanced controller options! We're in 2013 for god's sake, we do not play on keyboards anymore, there's something out there that looks like a a giant donut and u can connect to the PC. It's called a Steering Wheel Milestone, give it some attention...
  6. Nov 17, 2013
    Codemaster has set the bar standard of Rally game quite high with their Colin McRae Rally and DiRT series, and Milestone always fell a little bit behind with their approaches to Rally games. However, from WRC in 2010 to WRC 4, I can see little progresses being made each time new game is released.

WRC 4 is not that different from WRC 3 in gameplay aspect, aside from more sensitive arcady
    handling. Although this may disappoint some hard-core rally gamers, it is welcoming to see that Milestone's WRC game is trying to appeal to more broader audiences rather than constricting their games only for die-hard rally fans. If you are one of sim-racer and is disappointed with how car handles, you are welcome to stick to your glorious Richard Burns Rally. Aside from handling of the car, the engine sound of car has changed. Now, driving car actually sounds like 4WD metal beast pumped with turbo, rather than generic racing car with turbo whispering here and there.

Although game features three periods of time (noon, dawn, and dusk) it quite perplexing why they haven't added option to adjust weather. Although weather is featured in this game, it seems like weather only changes in certain stages. However, it is good to see that little progress is being made over time.

Well, biggest problem with this game is that it doesn't changed whole lot from WRC 3 other than the elements I have just pointed out above. Rally tracks in this game didn't changed a lot from rally tracks of WRC 3; this almost feels criminal. Expect to see a lot of familiar landmarks during rally if you played WRC 3 before. Although funky extreme sport-esque vibe has been removed, it came with cost of complete banishment of "Road to WRC" career mode and goofy mini-games such as outrunning helicopters and smashing blocks. Although I never really cared much about those mini games before, but to see it completely removed, it feels, well, empty. Also, it should be noted that classic WRC cars are also completely removed.

Well, Milestone is adding little bit of changes over time, but it seems almost too little changes are being added into this game each time, and WRC series still has long way to go to match Codemaster's racing game. However, it is good to see at least improvement is being made each time. I hope Milestone adds more changes next time. One can only hope.
  7. Oct 28, 2013
    It's the best a rally fan can currently get. DiRT doesn't satisfy the traditional rally need, and this does... but it's far from perfect. If you played WRC 3, only 5 countries got new maps this year and 8 maps are identical to last year. Wheel support is improved... however 900 degrees is a joke (causes huge deadzone), pedals are required to be in combined mode (or causes a huge deadzone), and force feedback is just variable center spring strength (no rumble, vibrate, etc). Even if you turn off all assist options, there's some form of traction control that is always on (hard to spin tires). It's no Richard Burns Rally replacement... but if you don't mind the arcade physics, it can be an enjoyable game. But there's still plenty of room for Milestone to improve, unless they lose the WRC licence... we can only hope. Expand
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    You need to first decide what exactly are you after an arcade game with nice graphics or a rally simulation that (IMHO) should be expected after something called the WRC game.

Its biggest let down is the rubbery driving, strange car behaviour thats nowhere near the real thing. No graphics, features or other things can compensate for that. The essence of driving games is their feel of
    the car either they want to be arcades or simulations. This one is an arcade Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2013
    I really liked the racing experience this game provided! So far more than WRC3.
    I found it much more enjoyable than DIRT and the graphics really shows improvments than before. Sounds has also been enhanced but it still needs to be done better IMHO.
    Stages variety also is good, 13 rallies pretty good done.
    Simulations fan sure find out what the need with this title, I dunno what people
    have to cricticise so much.
    Yet, online mode still need perfection.
  10. Sep 7, 2014
    If you like rally (as much as I do) you won't be buying this piece of crap, where you drive the same stages with your goofy car horribly (bad physics) over and over again, until your head explode of anger and boredom.
  11. Apr 12, 2014
    This is a big step up for WRC. Graphically it's finally at a standard where you can just play without noticing bad textures etc. There's a lot of screen tearing on the PC (using an Nvidia card) but was able to sort it out by disabling vsync and locking my refresh rate with MSI on screen display server. A generous 7 because it's a bit empty but the gameplay is solid, the rally experience it provides is enjoyable and it's mature enough to avoid irritating menus and patronising voice overs. Hope the series continues to progress. Expand
  12. Nov 18, 2013
    Another lacklustre entry by Milestone. Far too similar contentwise to the last game to warrant a yearly purchase. The series would be better spending more time between releases, with more time spent adding to and refining what is already available, as opposed to regurgitating the same content.
  13. Dec 23, 2013
    The game is more like a real WRC simulation. Talking about the gameplay, the campaign is now more like a true WRC which requires you to complete all stages in several places. I like how I have to repair my car if I damage my car every 2 stages because it's more realistic, and using a single car to complete the whole season is also realistic. The handling is a lot better when compared to WRC1/2. Also there're more weather options.
    However, there's a main problem in the game is that I cannot try other cars during a season. That's a big big minus to me. Also, I actually feel a bit boring when I try to complete the whole WRC. It's pretty time consuming and therefore this game is not my pick.
  14. Dec 29, 2013
    This game feels kinda like a rip-of after a few hours of play. Why? Well the driving is kinda of OK, there´s some driving aids in there that can be turned on and off and really have a big impact betwen a more arcade or simulation gameplay experience, and the graphics are not bad. BUT other than that, the rest of the game is a cheap experience. The sound effects are bad, the career mode is dull and boring, but the worst thing is, its suposed to be 13 Rally comptetions with 6 stages/courses each, wich should be 78 stages/courses total right? WRONG, in reallity its just like 20 or so original courses, the rest they just use the same stages on reverse or with some minor side road diference, even thou they use diferent names and try to pretend its an entirelly diferent new course. I mean how cheap is that??!!
    SO i think this game is only worth buying on some 10$ sale. More than that is just a rip off.
  15. Jan 24, 2014
    This game is terrible... The car drives by itself and it feels like you're driving at 10mph... Don't get me started on the fact that you have to drive the same tracks several time in a individual rally...
    On a positive side the graphics are pretty decent.
  16. Feb 13, 2014
    I like the game just fine but i bought it through steam and i cant get online :( I know your thinking contact steam support .............. If you can get ahold of steam support I will like your dogs nuts for him. THERE IS NO SUPPORT AT STEAM SUPPORT !!!!! Steam is a scam ! when you spend your money with steam you are on your own.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    WRC 4 is at times and enjoyable view into World Rally Championship, but it again fails to live up to its hype. And what's the deal with Neste Oil Rally? I barely recognized it as Finland. [Dec 2013]
  2. Jan 10, 2014
    The driving model is better than in the previous WRC game and is surprisingly solid. Despite that it’s hard not to notice that the developer’s budget was very limited. [01/2014, p.72]
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    WRC 4 didn't manage to take up its highly accelerated forerunner. Instead of putting its foot down to get some more juice, it just recycles its content along with the bugs from the last year. Something is rotten in the state of the rallye genre, when there is just one studio along with one game ruling it.