X-Blades PC

6.5

1. May 7, 2012
    the game itself was good, the graphics was great. but my only disappoint was there was a lack of story or background on the treasure or any of the characters ~for example: Ayumi is a treasure hunter but what was her relationship with Jay or how she knew about the treasure~ and another was the voice over she sound too much of a blode cheerleader than a treasure hunter, i thought she wouldthe game itself was good, the graphics was great. but my only disappoint was there was a lack of story or background on the treasure or any of the characters ~for example: Ayumi is a treasure hunter but what was her relationship with Jay or how she knew about the treasure~ and another was the voice over she sound too much of a blode cheerleader than a treasure hunter, i thought she would sounded like Ayane from Dead or Alive but it was a disappoint. the only way to get a japanese voice over is get it from japan but you have to get a japanese xbox 360 or ps3. Expand
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    When I first played this game I was like wow this isn't that great but after I finished the first level I kept on playing on and on and on...It is very addictive....The music is the main factor of this game it makes me wanna kick some ass :))).....the graphics are also anime style which is quite nice and the gameplay is...well...addictive....If you are a perfectionist like me you willWhen I first played this game I was like wow this isn't that great but after I finished the first level I kept on playing on and on and on...It is very addictive....The music is the main factor of this game it makes me wanna kick some ass :))).....the graphics are also anime style which is quite nice and the gameplay is...well...addictive....If you are a perfectionist like me you will totally enjoy this game....don't take any reviews in consideration just play it with the music volume max and you will have a great time. Collapse
  3. Nov 3, 2013
    I don't like animes, but I really enjoyed this game! The heroine is so cute, the battles are awesome! The spells are also cool! If you like hack'n slash, its a must have!
  4. Jan 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fun sure but quickly accelerates from 0 to 100km in about a couple hours, don't be fooled by its RPG level up aspect because you level up FAST later and replay value? Maybe one more round but no more. All in all pretty game, nice combat alright for a time waster but not worth more than 10 bucks. As a cheap filler game id give it a 6 or so but i bought it new at 50.....soooooo Expand
  5. scajw
    May 3, 2009
    The game is repetitive and the character is complete unlikable , shes a mix of paris hilton and a dead cow personalty and charisma vise, the only good thing bout her and the entire game is her thong which is exiting for 1min of gameplay and the box which will function very well as a door stopper or even a bookshelf if you hammer some nails in it. avoid at all costs DONT BUY!
  6. johnck
    Mar 21, 2009
    Absolutely pathetic! This game plays like a bad user mod by a 15 year-old kid. All you do is clear an area of baddies, move to next area and do the same thing over and over. It's not an actual "game" at all--more like some kind of combat training exercise. And even the combat sucks. Re-spawning enemies that give no indication when they're hit, and a giant Mario style coin chase Absolutely pathetic! This game plays like a bad user mod by a 15 year-old kid. All you do is clear an area of baddies, move to next area and do the same thing over and over. It's not an actual "game" at all--more like some kind of combat training exercise. And even the combat sucks. Re-spawning enemies that give no indication when they're hit, and a giant Mario style coin chase that would've been dated 5 years ago. The developer was cynically banking on selling this turkey on T&A alone--put some girl in dental floss and the nerds will flock to it no matter how much it sucks. It's sad that some reviewers actually fell for it. Expand
  7. JR
    Sep 17, 2009
    This game is great *IF* you are the right audience. If you just want a simple slasher with a steady stream of violence, but without the tedious puzzles or platforms, this game is for you. The bosses are a bit tricky until you figure out each one's weakness. Levels are bite-sized (ten to 20 mins each). My criticisms: some abilities are tactically useless (wide shot and mega shot,This game is great *IF* you are the right audience. If you just want a simple slasher with a steady stream of violence, but without the tedious puzzles or platforms, this game is for you. The bosses are a bit tricky until you figure out each one's weakness. Levels are bite-sized (ten to 20 mins each). My criticisms: some abilities are tactically useless (wide shot and mega shot, for example) and there aren't enough clues as to how to get the happy ending at the end of the game (there are two possible endings). Expand
  8. Aug 11, 2010
    Beautiful, just beautiful.
    Beautiful, just beautiful.
    Like JR said, this is an amazing slasher, with the PERFECT musical background (really, there are tons of far richer and far more important companies which should learn from the Xblades creators). The Italian dubbing is also amazing, which is impressive for such a low budget game. The chara of the protagonist girl was perfect, apart from the head, which was too big, thus ruining the proportions. The story was lame, and the way the bad/good finals were managed was ridiculous, but everything was kept in place by the amazing music, so it didn't bother me so much. The only thing which made me angry was the fact that, after getting the bad final and encouraging the player to play again (BTW, the armor given as an option when playing for the second time was very cool) no information on how to get the good final is given, nor all the unlocked skills and abilities and all the collected souls are given, thus completely ruining the will to play the whole game again.
    That's it, more or less. The game has a crapload of defects and problems, but the good parts are incredibly good, thus making it extremely enjoyable (to the point that I played for about 30 hours, just to get EVERYTHING on every single level)
    Just one note: the music is the best I've heard in the last 2 years' games. And I've played a crapload of them. Only Dragon Age gets near, but every other game I've played in the last 2 years was boring because of the missing or bad music.
  9. RaymondF
    Feb 9, 2009
    sorta fun at first, but quickly grows repetitive and shallow after a few levels. They should have included more platforming, seems a lot of the levels they just fight tons of enemies. I can't see why people would pay $50 for this, it looks and controls ok, but the game is dull.
  10. Mar 28, 2015
    I played this for like 20 minutes and then: Thanks for playing the demo..............

Demo? DEMO? I got the full game! What demo?! Even if it was some glitch or something, I played enough to know that the game isn't fun for more then 10 minutes. Repetitive combat, tired level design, and a cliche female lead. 4/10
  11. Jan 28, 2015
    this games just about ass. theres no other reason to play than a shiny anime ass. everything else is weak, mechanics are weak, fighting mechanics are boring. but the shiny mountain of flesh in the mid of the screen...damnit(there are nude patches too). i give 4 points for dat ass!!!
  12. Aug 13, 2014
    I Like this Game its not perfect but it makes a lot of Fun.
    I like the Anime Graphics and Fighting System pretty good too.
    The Music is not the Best but pretty good
  13. Feb 15, 2015
    X-Blades could have been so much better, but ultimately its a shallow arena based fighting game thats highly repetitive and has poor controls. Whilst the main character 'looks' nice, it isn't enough to make the game any good. The story is poor, a couple of cut scenes...then countless levels of monsters in a small arena, each followed by annoying boss fights which take increasing longerX-Blades could have been so much better, but ultimately its a shallow arena based fighting game thats highly repetitive and has poor controls. Whilst the main character 'looks' nice, it isn't enough to make the game any good. The story is poor, a couple of cut scenes...then countless levels of monsters in a small arena, each followed by annoying boss fights which take increasing longer and longer to kill.

Could have been really great, the concept of a Devil My Cry // Tomb Raider combined with a cute anime styled protagonist could have made for a class game, but unfortunately it fails in pretty much every area.
  14. Nov 2, 2015
    X Blades
    garbage
    X blades is a hack and slash game where you play a blonde girl with a nice booty. The only redeeming quality this game has is that this booty isn’t hidden. This tomb raider runs around in a thong. Im just kidding, theres more to the game than a nice butt. X Blades is fun to play through you go from section to section just killing everything in your way, the sections
    X Blades
    garbage
    The only redeeming quality this game has is that this booty isn’t hidden.
    This tomb raider runs around in a thong.
    Im just kidding, theres more to the game than a nice butt.
    X Blades is fun to play through
    you go from section to section just killing everything in your way, the sections are pretty cool and I didn’t regret spending time with this game,
    There are some alright boss battles sprinkled in this game and enemies are varied and do force you to change up your magic spells which can be spent only when your magic bar is filled, which is filled by either doing damage or taking damage.
    magic spells are obtained by purchasing them in menu with souls acquired by killing enemies.
    You can slash with blades, shoot enemies with your gun that thankfully never runs out of ammo or with magic attacks,
    However the execution of this game just ruins what otherwise would be a sure why not, in your backlog.. Instead it turns into a please don’t.
    Enemies are varied, but they look far too similar to enemies you face later on that wont die the way you’ve been used to through the first half of the game…
    In fact the game changes the rules on you a lot, it doesn’t even warn you that the rules have changed
    Theres a sudden increase in difficulty and you cant understand why
    Why aren’t these guys you’ve sliced through dying, why are these spiders teleporting away when you get close.
    Forcing you to have to trial and error your way through the 2nd half of the game or just go to the internet.
    This is never a good sign.
    You aren’t told that enemies are different now, you aren’t given a quick heads up when they need to be killed a different way than before.
    They’ll suddenly be indestructible, and youre left feeling frustrated.
    This is the furthest from all of xblades problems though
    You can lock onto enemies to shoot or do a magic attack on, but 99 times out of 100 the game will lock onto another target as soon as you release your attack.
    The game will lock onto frozen enemies in the background a thousand times before it will lock onto the enemy right in front of you, and I wish this was an exaggeration, but it isn’t.
    This game is broken and you see all there is to see about halfway through the game.
    The 2nd half is just fighting stronger enemies in the evening version of sections you just played through minus of course the final boss sections, which are new.
    I was hoping x blades would be one of those under rated gems that critics just didn’t appreciate back in the day,
    But its level of trash holds true even 6 years later
    This game has its moments of fun, but the story sucks, the voice acting is worse than duck dynasty, and the combat is broken
    For what it is.
    Hack and Slash Action Adventure Game 6/10
    Overall:
    5.5/10
  15. Oct 27, 2012

1. A bland action game with several problems like terrible targeting system, lack of variety on enemies and movements, a very simple animation system and poor graphics. Having a good looking main character can't save a lacking title like this one.
    Everything about X-Blades is mediocre. It works for what it is, and there’s some charm to the action and the characters, but the gameplay design is lacking in ingenuity; a notion that is perpetuated the longer you play.
  3. X-blades doesn’t succeed in delivering a rich offer. The gameplay is repetitive, and platforming doesn’t play out well. The long fights are usually boring, and the plethora of upgrades and different kinds of magic is not enough to make it fun. Add a terrible A.I., and what you get is a title that won’t be fun for anyone but hack’n’slash die-hard fans.