X Rebirth PC

3.3

1. Mar 5, 2015
    I pre ordered this game and it was disappointing when it had a lot of glitches. The X series has been my favorite since X-Beyond. I knew the old games backwards and the new one was alien. I have since grown to love the game. The developers have been patching / fixing / improving the whole time and it's now a great game.
    Looking forward to the next installation.
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    such a disappointment.. i've seen 'alpha' versions of other games that seem more 'finished' than this.
    So far my rig has played every game without any problems but x-rebirth is the first to just make t grind to 10fps. It wouldnt be so bad if changing the graphic options made some kind of difference but turning everything off made hardly any difference. I have tried to persevere for approx 5 hours because I love the x series and I know sometimes they are slow burners but there are just too many things not right with this game. What did they do for the whole 7 years they while they were making it...
    I did start to think maybe its my pc and maybe I should upgrade it, but I'm somewhat relieved to see that the majority of reviewers here are having the same problem. The scripting is also dodgy, the voice acting and lip synch are woefully bad, the characters arent believable.. One of the devs said it was like GTA in Space.. I think not! GTA is Fun! Very disappointed.
  3. Oct 10, 2014
    Game pulled through with patches after the initial launch. Company is determined at making it work and so I'm giving it much higher score than I did before.
  4. Mar 3, 2016
    EgoSoft, you've come a long way with this. The launch version of this game was...unplayable. They've released a bunch of patches over the past couple years to remedy that, and a free content dlc on top of it, and now it is an excellent game.

It still has bugs. It still has gameplay issues. Some things are frustrating (crew management and trade agents, ugh). But that's enough to knock one point off a perfect ten.

This is an incredibly ambitious game, as the rest of the X series is known to be. It's huge, beautiful, and complex. And now that it's playable, I love it.
  5. May 15, 2015
    I started playing with version 3.53 and i must say, this game is really good. Tons of things to do, nice story and great atmosphere. 40 hours of playtime is nothing.
    If you like space games like privateer, freelancer etc, you will not be disappointed.
  6. May 23, 2014
    After patch 2.0 game runs with no problems . Trading, galactic map and some minor bugs still need some work but this game in my opinion should get second chance from players who loved X series.

Okay driving one ship only might be problem for many ppl who played X2 and x3 . But hey that's for patches are for.
  7. Jun 28, 2014
    Game has gotten much better since its original bug filled release.
    Game has gotten much better since its original bug filled release.
    I agree with people that it should never have been released in the state it was in, but that is not how things stand today. I think people have forgotten how bug filled all the other X'series were originally, I remember lot of people crying their hearts out over them aswell. So I went into this game expecting my fair share of bugs, and lo was I not surprised. What did I do? I simply sat the game on the shelf for a while, because I knew Egosoft and modders would eventually make it a good game, as they have with all the previous ones. So is the game a good game today? This is up to each and every one of you to answer, but it is a far cry from the grades it has gotten here so I choose to give it an 8. (and yes I think it is a good game and that it will be even better in the future)
  8. Nov 12, 2015
    Though X-Rebirth was a frustration when first released, the development team are still active to this day improving the game and fixing problems - which scores massive points. It's not so bad releasing a problem bit of software if you're dedicated to fixing it.

I find the graphics astounding in game, and sound effects quite good, too. I'd say the game has a large learning curve, and it's not surprising that the game experiences some problems now and again, considering just how many aspects of the game there are.

One other thing that scores points with me is that the forum is friendly and productive, and that includes the moderators and developers who also positively work together in diagnosing and fixing problems etc.

The only thing that could stand to be improved is that once you're rich, there's not much for you to accomplish in the open ended game. You can build massive fleets, but it's not like there's any enemy that can fight these massive fleets of yours and it's not like you can go on a conquest.
  9. May 19, 2014
    I loved the game since launch and the new version 2.0 releasing soon is amazing. I'm playing the betarc9 release and it's awesome: new cockpits, new graphics, new gameplay, etc.
  10. May 17, 2014
    Here i am, 7 months after the... "Released"... And 7 months that the game is over patched... And i must say congrats to Ego. They failed, but they've learnt, and they 've listenned to the rest of the community. X Rebirth 2.00 will be released end of May, and trust me, it's the good occasion to test it again.

Go back to your new cockpitS !
  11. Sep 2, 2014
    casual gamers will not like this game, the meta rating of 33 is a disgrace for this rating system, if this is not ur type of game, dont rate it. people who are into space trading/fighting/story get negative influence when they see this rating. sure this game is not perfect, and yes i am a huge fan of space sims.

i played this game like 20 hours and i say, compared to other games in this

i played this game like 20 hours and i say, compared to other games in this genre (and there are not very much) its a really decent game, u can put lots of time without getting bored into this game. exploring and making money for upgrading ur ship is very challenging.

i give this game a score of 10 cause of the metacriticism is very low but really if u compare it to other games who are simular its still a 9+ game. i did buy it and will but the next if the evolving in game and graphics are like this game :)
  12. Apr 3, 2014
    This kind of review is only for the whom have something to relate to the original game... It's awesom... Today I tried to start again an X3 game, and it was so boring... This one once you start to understand how it works, it is amaszing (the only thing, but I like it, is the crates... very old duke nukem stile)... It takes time to understand what to and how to, but after a while, it'sThis kind of review is only for the whom have something to relate to the original game... It's awesom... Today I tried to start again an X3 game, and it was so boring... This one once you start to understand how it works, it is amaszing (the only thing, but I like it, is the crates... very old duke nukem stile)... It takes time to understand what to and how to, but after a while, it's good... What to say... Most of the people who doesn't like it, probably spent only 10 minutes... this is not how X world works... If you want something faster play Pac Man (the original, not on a computer) Expand
  13. Jun 9, 2014
    With patch in version 2.0 the game is great playable! X Rebirth is so huge and terrific, you must play it if you love space sims. Just find a good PC, not good - top PC )
  14. Jan 4, 2015
    Review of the patched up game (Dec. 2014)
    The game is shaping up very well after countless patches. It has plenty of depth and gameplay. Adding the Teladi trading post as well as numerous updates including cockpit configurations and automations (new trading software) for player owned ships,this game is slowly becoming what it wanted to be over a year ago.
    The campaign is still hard, but
    Review of the patched up game (Dec. 2014)
    The campaign is still hard, but playable. I haven't had a crash since playing (over 20 hrs now) , but playing the freelancer /sandbox game is more rewarding.
    You can build your space stations and build up your fleet. It's gonna take a while, but with the new software upgrades of the player ship, the trade stations previously discovered, do not disappear from the trading menu.
    Fights are so-so, although it can be fun, since there are now rare items, which can be crafted after finding all the parts (random drops from enemy ships) and either sold for a lot of money or used as a trading tool to gain more reputation.
    I have to give my praise to Egosoft for not letting this game die and hopefully more people will try it and find out that it isn't bad at all as the review sites make it out to be. Those are the first reviews from 2013, but ever since then, the game has been seriously overhauled and the developers continue to patch it on even now.
  15. Mar 27, 2015
    Not the game it was on release. I'm really enjoying it! The mods make the game even more awesome. The devs still support the game and have had massive improvements. Things are looking good!
  16. Mar 30, 2015
    This is, by far, the best game I've ever played in its genre. Why is the score so crappy? Well, they released a product that was BETA without calling it BETA. The community expected this to be a stable version right off the bat, but it was horribly bugged.

I think that if they called it BETA, they would at least set the expectation lower for some people, and a whole lot of people would wait until the BETA turned into a very stable release (3.0+) before buying it and getting disappointed. This would have given it a much better rating.

Why did I vote 10 for this game? I got in at just the right time, when 3.0 + DLC Teladi Outpost was released. Also, I haven't played the last X games so I come from a fresh perspective, not expecting this to be a sequel, but a brand new game.

Egosoft rocks. Why, you say? Well they had one of two options after releasing the "BETA" product. With the whole community getting pissed off, Egosoft could have just discontinued development and abandoned this game, OR, and this is the option they chose, to continue development until every bit of what they promised came to fruition.

This screams loyalty to all fans and I will continue buying Egosoft games now and forever.
  17. May 18, 2015
    X rebirth has gone through some major changes that have brought this universe from glitchy twitchy to an Extremely immersive envoirement. I've very much enjoyed my gameplay since Teladi Outpost, the fact that they release a free dlc with that many improvement is awesome.

I'm looking forward to a new storyline or several to choose from to further shape the universe with causes and effects.
  18. Sep 28, 2014
    It is now September 2014 an in Beta 2.50 the game is great and basically at the state it should have released. Go check it out if you have it, patch it up. Also there is free DLC you can grab on Steam (free until November 1). I´d give it an 8 now but as this game has so many trash reviews I´ll rate it a 10)
  19. Oct 1, 2014
    With the new patches being release plus the mods that adds even more fixes, this game can really make your day.Giving it a 10 to add a positive mix on the score.
  20. Jan 26, 2014
    Everyone looking for the right review look here. Ignore all negative reviews under 5. The reason why this game has not received many positive reviews is because all the people who enjoy this game are too busy playing it and having a great time to rate it! While there were issues as all games do at launch, most of the bugs have been ironed out and its a wonderful top of the lane game toEveryone looking for the right review look here. Ignore all negative reviews under 5. The reason why this game has not received many positive reviews is because all the people who enjoy this game are too busy playing it and having a great time to rate it! While there were issues as all games do at launch, most of the bugs have been ironed out and its a wonderful top of the lane game to play as long as you have a computer that can handle the immense awesome this game brings. I've played all the predecessors and each one gets better and better, Please do buy it....its worth every penny and then sum!

The game is an open box create your own destiny, challenges, and fun. You can follow the story line but go off on your own whenever you so choose to and still be able to return to it at anytime. You start out with a basic ship and through many various ways of collecting wealth via trading, mining, policing, mercenary, missions, requests, stock market, pirating, station building, resource producing etc you make modifications to your command ship with bigger weapons, modules, armors, engines but also be able to purchase traders, fighters, war ships, even giant battleships with a variety of weapons that can be used simultaneously.

The game has its own economy that runs by itself with AI ships, stations, corporations that in each game in unique and diverse so no two games are alike. Based on the chooses and actions will change the world and behavior around you. The larger you emase your empire, the more fierce your competitors and enemies become.

Highly recommend this game to all who love beautiful sci-fi graphics, amazing 3-D space action, and economy trading and empire building strategy games.
  21. Jan 30, 2014
    Every new game has its flaws and bugs. Lucky for us we don't have to suffer too long. Here's what I've seen in the last two months of bug fixing.

Nov. launch date, there was serious bugs with trading, graphics, and actually saving the game on your computer and even crashes when you try to save. So I decided to take action, fixed my graphics card (HINT, HINT), made sure my integrated graphics wasn't messing with my gaming GPU and whoa. Everything graphic wise was fixed, next I made sure there were no viruses on my computer that can impact the game like saving and actually installing the game. Yeah, that was one problem that didn't allow me to save and possibly what caused most crashes during the game. Next I reinstall the game and I was enjoying the thrill of a space sim. Complex trade routes, nice joy rides through highways, capturing "Plutarch" ships, building space stations, and don't forget about those millions of credits from missions. :)

All in all, the game is great for folks who take care of their computer and enjoy the game like pros.
  22. Nov 17, 2013
    Just play 3-5 hours before posting a comment Some people here don't realy understand that X-rebirth is a HUUUGE game with a HUUUGE tutorial and need time to be domesticated. I put 10 to increase the general rate. Objectively for now 8... But 9 or 10 once bug ll be fixed!
  23. Nov 28, 2014
    Can not stop playing this game. So much fun after that bad bad bad release, last year. But they didn't run with our money, but still updating this game, and they doing a great job. playing the X series for along time, and I understand that this is not a X4, but a game with a new engine, and has a lot of opportunities.
    I didn't like how egosoft did release the game one year ago, and I
    I didn't like how egosoft did release the game one year ago, and I don't know what the reason was, but it is a small company with not much money, and stick by there games. I can not tell that form EA, or Sega, who do just collect a lot of money, and leave a bad game behind.
    So for that I give Egosoft some credit, and I like the way XR is going. It is a good time for me as a space fan. I am playing XR, ED, X3 XRM, and X3 LU. Only I had more time to spent. :)

bad start, but a beautiful game it is know.
  24. Dec 6, 2013
    I have been a fan of the X series for years and gave this game a score of 9 because that is what it rates. My system is mid range for the high end systems category and the graphics are very smooth at max settings.

The space station exteriors a very detailed and the zone back drops are graphically very appealing. I have had no problems in free play mode but haven't gotten very far with over 50 hours of time on it.

The station interiors are small, appear be rushed and the NPCs lack appealing qualities.

The problem with this game that is cited by most people giving this game a low rating is the campaign. There are scripting issues that need repair. The developers are working very hard to fix those issues.
    With the scope and detail of the mechanics of this game look very complex from a software programming standpoint, which is the fixes are coming slowly.

Many people have reported having to modify the software to get unlimited wealth and fix issues they have found. I personally don't recommend this because it can induce other problems that is not the fault of the developers.

Although with the problems at release, this game is a very well done space simulation and trading game. I feel it is well worth the price and expect to spend 100s of hours of entertainment.
  25. Dec 15, 2013
    With all the new patches this game surely is showing all its potential what it will become! Give Egosoft some time and we'll have ourselves a nice space sim!

Great job with the patches ego! I'm having a blast!
  26. Nov 16, 2013
    Purchased the game on launch day and couldn't help but read the negative barrage on here and the Steam forums. Eager to form my own opinion I have put in about 6 hours so far.

Are there bugs? Yep a few...while I haven't had a CTD I have had a case where game wouldn't accept any commands and I was stuck in between options and forced to restart the game. Frame rate was addressed in one

Frame rate was addressed in one of hte two patches as with both of my gaming rigs (i5 with 660TI SLI and i5 with 7970) I dont dip below 35 FPS with all options cranked.

Game is definitely a departure from previous X Titles. So far I like it...are the NPC models as bad as people have made out? Yes...they are dire...outdone in levels of direness only by the horrible give your co workers a voice over gig voice overs :(

HOWEVER, the sandbox feeling is intact...the graphics when in your and flying around which let's face it will be the majority of time are excellent. Controls are straightforward with my XBOX controller and I have been able to start without much trouble unlike in previous X entries.

While it isn't likely much can be done about the voice overs (I just use subs and have voice volume off) I am confident they can address most of the other issues.

Going to go back in game now...my personal experience scoring below:

Gameplay 8/10
    Graphics 7/10
    Controls 9/10
    Sandbox rating 10/10
    Audio 5/10

Overall rating 8/10
  27. Dec 29, 2013
    No entiendo como le dan a este juego una nota tan baja es verdad que tiene fallos como bugs y tal, pero irán actualizándolos con parches, no olvidemos que juegos como Battlefield 4 han sido nefastos en su lanzamiento y han ido mejorándolo con actualizaciones y le otorgan un 9 .¿Que deberían lanzarlos ya pulidos?,¡¡¡pues si!!! Como fan de juegos de temática espacial que soy encuentro elNo entiendo como le dan a este juego una nota tan baja es verdad que tiene fallos como bugs y tal, pero irán actualizándolos con parches, no olvidemos que juegos como Battlefield 4 han sido nefastos en su lanzamiento y han ido mejorándolo con actualizaciones y le otorgan un 9 .¿Que deberían lanzarlos ya pulidos?,¡¡¡pues si!!! Como fan de juegos de temática espacial que soy encuentro el juego precioso hasta el punto que a veces me dedico a pasear entre las estaciones es bastante más intuitivo que sus predecesores cosa que agradezco por que hasta que medio dominé el x3 terminé un poco desesperado .El juego rezuma vida por todos lados y el nuevo diseño de estaciones y naves lo encuentro muy acertado y me gusta la idea de controlar mi flota desde mi nave principal.En mi opinión cuando el juego este pulido será una obra de arte que para mi ya lo es pero en fin como gustos hay colores. Expand
  28. Mar 1, 2015
    This game went through a shocking release and it's reputation suffered as a result, the game was a flawed mess. Some time later, and hard work from Egosoft's part, we have a much improved 3.0 version.

Apart from a lot of stability, performance and bug fixing work, much needed features and functions like a proper command and control system, interface overhauls, camera views, proper station building and many other stuff has been added. I have played the game on release, and after the first few patches, lost complete faith in it and left it to pick up dust. Now I have returned to give it another go after a long time and what I found is a fine game worth playing.

It is actually a pity the review cycle of this game cannot be rerun. I'm sure the game will receive much better ratings from players in the state it is in now. Egosoft has made a big mistake with the botched release but, they have stuck with it and did a brilliant job at fixing it up. If you want the best mix between Freelancer, Darkstar One and X3 then this game is for you.
  29. Nov 16, 2013
    Although it does have some bugs and general issues to work out, the game is beautiful and shows a vast and endless amount of possibilities with a bit of modding like all X games.

It's not perfect, but no game ever is despite what people claim. Personally, I like how they did things and i believe that this game has potential with a few months of bug fixing.
  30. Jan 3, 2014
    I write... I to play the old games like Elite, Wing Commander or Privateer. I play X series games of since its inception. I'm a fan of hers. Game charmed me and I enjoy. If Egosoft game repair, is already working, not regret buying the X Rebirth. But please note X Rebirth is a little different as X3. Suits me better than X3, but someone else might not. But it's certainly not a bad game. IsI write... I to play the old games like Elite, Wing Commander or Privateer. I play X series games of since its inception. I'm a fan of hers. Game charmed me and I enjoy. If Egosoft game repair, is already working, not regret buying the X Rebirth. But please note X Rebirth is a little different as X3. Suits me better than X3, but someone else might not. But it's certainly not a bad game. Is it true that X Rebirth has a bad start Expand
  31. Nov 15, 2013
    Game runs without any problems. interiors look nice, the universe and space stations look astonishing.
    Controls are okay, better with gamepad. But this is not surprising. I mean, you operate a spaceship! This isn't something you do normally with mouse and keyboard.
    The new things like highways and space cities serve the game well and the universe looks really vivid. For all users

For all users who experience bugs: Egosoft is a company which is fixing bugs very fast and listens to it's customers in detail That's the way they developed their last games and after this reboot with complete new code and engine, it was obvious that there may be problems. And they promised to fix anything as soon as possible.
  32. Nov 16, 2013
    Coming from a long time fan of the X series, this game blew me out of the water the same way that reunion did. Egosoft managed to increase the scale of just about everything in the game. The ships are bigger, the stations are gigantic, and what really drew me in was the attention to the little details. The long lines of ships that you see moving through the stations are all actual NPC'sComing from a long time fan of the X series, this game blew me out of the water the same way that reunion did. Egosoft managed to increase the scale of just about everything in the game. The ships are bigger, the stations are gigantic, and what really drew me in was the attention to the little details. The long lines of ships that you see moving through the stations are all actual NPC's that live and breath and can be interacted with. The way you can see the local law enforcement conducting scans and blowing away any wrongdoers does so much to immerse the player. The updated interface does a lot to present the player with all the information they need without obstructing the view of the action. Combat feels very fluid and the ships handle like a dream. Sure the character models and the voice acting are, well, pretty terrible. but thats not what the X series is about. From Beyond the Frontier, X has always been about space, thats what egosoft knows best, and they really showed it in Rebirth.
    Haters of this game can just continue to cry and piss their pants. Yes it has bugs, but lets be honest, what X game didn't launch with bugs? Reunion was almost unplayable for the first month of its release and that turned into a fantastic game. Things can really only get better from here on out, and I look forward to whatever egosoft brings our way.
  33. Nov 15, 2013
    X universe becomes even more complex, but (surprisely!) even more interesting and enjoyable. UI could disappoint you at first, but you'll find it easy and intuitive after some hours of usage.
    There are some issues with total stability, but after week or two they will be fixed.
    Good luck, Egosoft! I'll recommend X:Rebirth definitely to all fans of sci-fi genre.
  34. Nov 16, 2013
    I do not face any serious bugs so far within the game running version 1.12.

I absolutely love the immersion and the game itself.

However the menus and the performance need to be improved I certainly agree on that.
  35. Nov 29, 2013
    Sure, this game was released too soon. But the devs are working hard to fix it, and they just released 1.18 patch, in beta version. To install it, check the description in egosoft forums. The complete version of this patch will, most likely, be available very soon.

Well, I don't know what they did, but everything works fine with this new version. Everything runs smoothly at max res (no more fps drops in Shady Vault, for instance), the trading system isn't "bugged" anymore, as it seems (freighters no longer stop for no particular reason), there are now plenty of drones in stock to equip your capitals in all shipyards (you just couldn't find any in freeplay mode in 1.17: trading was just impossible, you had to build your drone facility first), no more crashes... I can't believe it, but they actually did it: 1.18 is almost bug free in its beta state.

Concerning the gameplay, well I don't understand all those angry rants... Maybe these raging guys just had no clue about what X games are all about and expected Freelancer or Elite... Maybe they expected an easy start, to understand all the game mechanics within the first hour of gameplay... I don't know. Why all this rage?

Seriously:
    - Trading in X Rebirth is actually the same thing as in previous Xgames. The only difference is you need a crew instead of softwares to control your ships remotely. You need to give orders to your crew, but you can do it from anywhere, so I don't understand why people hate so much the new system. Maybe it's that because you need to dock in stations in order to find crew members, first; I must admit the inside of the stations are pretty dull, and npcs are indeed hideous, but that's it. But when you're in space... it's just breathtaking. And you're in space 98% of the time. Docking in station just adds a little more immersion. It isn't well done, but it's not important at all. Not to mention they already planned to add better textures and facial animations.
    - Combat is way better that previous X games; I don't get why people say it's "awkward". To navigate, mouse control is indeed horrible, but hey! It's a space sim, dammit! Just grab your stick :D Boarding big capital ships is intense. And explosions are gorgeous Yes, it's a show. But it's damn fun.
    - I've heard/read a LOT of about joystick compatibility: the game IS compatible with sticks! You just can't bind all keys for most sophisticated sticks, and may experience problems to navigate in menus but who cares, seriously? just switch to keyboard/mouse for your menus.
    - The new building system (station building) is really improved. But again, those who spit on a such a behemoth of a game after only 2-3 hours of gameplay don't have a clue about it. You guys are really ridiculous.
    - The UI is far from being perfect, but they already started to improve it in 1.18 version. Menus are sometimes unintuitive, but Egosoft already said the whole thing will be more readable, more intuitive very soon. And actually, I already got used to it; just make some efforts, put more time into it, and you will as well. Btw, gravidar is coming soon, as well.

For now, I've almost finished my first station in freemode, my Fedhelms are mining automatically, and they're not bugging when I ask them to sell what they just gathered, my scaldis is responding and operationnal, I haven't any fps problems in Shady Vault, freighters seem to actually trade without any issue, cargo drones aren't buggy either... Great work and thanks for this 1.18 patch guys. Forget about all these dishonest and lazy reviews coming from guys who haven't put more that 2 hours in the game, a freaking X game, which needs at least 10 hours just to understand its mechanics. Forget about all that crap and keep up the good work. I know you gonna improve the game with new content, maybe new mission types, special missions given by smugglers in bars, bounty hunter market and famous pirates to find in hidden fortified station, deep space exploration, anomalies... idk. For now, 1.18 is stable, just needs a few details to fix and it will be great.

For those who are hesitating, I just wanted to add this: it's an X game. The more you play it, the more complex and interesting it gets.
  36. Nov 28, 2014
    Playing X Rebirth 3.0 beta, and some part of the coming DLC The Teladi Outpost, I must say Egosoft did a great effort, to save this game after there bad release.
    The game is a game now, and it is great and fun. Again, it is not a X4, but still a great game to play. Still there isn't any other game out there, like the X games, and Egosoft keeps that honor till today.
    I also know many
    I also know many space game coming out, but you can not compare them with a XR. Some comparing XR with ED, but there isn't much to compare at all, only that they are space games. ED is also great, but hasn't as much features as XR.
    X rebirth 2.5 was already good, but XR 3.0 will be even better.
    I am happy that Egosoft not leave this game, and keep updating it till it is finish.

Great game
  37. Nov 18, 2013
    i changed my mind, i think it *can* be of use, played and probably it will get improved by user feedback
    NPC atm weak, saves crashing (it will be fixed very fast i think) actual gameplay is ok
    before i gave 0, but seriously rage is not good point so now 8 for look, concept, opportunities
  38. Nov 16, 2013
    So many hateful reviews, I've played X Beyond the Frontier it was a great game, but after playing X2 The Threat I started to lose interest.

X Rebirth is an entirely different game, a breath of fresh air where every action you make affects the universe around you with infinite possible outcomes. It's focused on trading and missions and you have the opportunity to build a small empire.

I have the graphics maxed out and the game runs perfectly smooth, the style of the graphics are similar to Borderlands 2 but slightly more realistic. For those that would be more comfortable playing using an Xbox 360 controller there is full support.

There is room for improvement in some areas though which I hope they patch:
    - No auto-save, if you don't remember to press save you can potentially lose hours
    - Would be good to allow players to dock without switching to first person, so they can also hire people and trade from the ****
    - First person has room for improvement
    - The targeting system is a little limited, it would be good to be able to switch to a mini map at any time and also flick through near targets in order of distance and filter by either enemies, friends, owned by or goals
    - There needs to be more instruction to help the player early on in the game so they can learn the controls and how to play the game with ease, maybe an auto-hint system which can be disabled or enabled
  39. Nov 16, 2013
    From the start you get a feel of the vastness of space and this game with great new dynamics with fast travel and ship improvement. The economy feels alive and responsive to espionage and sabotage. Ship combat is way better and although the tutorial is still not that simple you get through it. Configuring a joystick takes some testing but can be done with patience and is well worth it.
  40. Nov 17, 2013
    Hi. I bought it yesterday.I just played 6h, do I don't know much about the game, like most of the people here. Yet, I played dozens of hours at X3Tc, and this one clearly changes a bit. But I like it. It's less boring, much more beautiful and "alive". I thought I'd pay with my mouse and keyboard but in fact it's nicer to use my Xbox pad. True there are some bugs, but not so much. TheHi. I bought it yesterday.I just played 6h, do I don't know much about the game, like most of the people here. Yet, I played dozens of hours at X3Tc, and this one clearly changes a bit. But I like it. It's less boring, much more beautiful and "alive". I thought I'd pay with my mouse and keyboard but in fact it's nicer to use my Xbox pad. True there are some bugs, but not so much. The framerate is good on my PC i5 4670k, 8go, Radeon 7850 2go. I don't mind if the French voices are not available yet, even if I'm French I really prefer the original voices. Egosoft is a nice company, I'm glad I gabe them some money by buying their game. I'm sure they will fix all the problem in a near future. Good game. Expand
  41. Nov 26, 2013
    When I first played this game I would have scored it below 5 for the appalling bugs in the tutorial campaign which stopped me playing, made me re-start several times. In-excusable!

Now i have got 50+ Game hours I give this game a 10, because once you get passed that annoying buggy tutorial the game comes alive... its like a gold mine below what looks like a dirty mound... The bad

its like a gold mine below what looks like a dirty mound...

The bad reviews I read "I have played for about 2 hours" isn't enough. This game is so huge and complex 2 hours is not enough. Fair enough like i say, some of the bugs are absolutely in-excusable!
    But my goodness the game gets epic as you go along!

I am hooked
  42. Nov 16, 2013
    After seeing all the very low zero's in the user reviews I just wanted to write my own review to show a more realistic rating on this game. I've played for about 5 hours now and it's not a superb game, but it's also not bad I would give it a 7.5 but because of the fact it must have a 7 or an 8 and with all the extemely low ratings so far I'm going with an 8 for a bit of a balance :)After seeing all the very low zero's in the user reviews I just wanted to write my own review to show a more realistic rating on this game. I've played for about 5 hours now and it's not a superb game, but it's also not bad I would give it a 7.5 but because of the fact it must have a 7 or an 8 and with all the extemely low ratings so far I'm going with an 8 for a bit of a balance :)

Graphics 8/10
    In space everything is just gorgeous and full of detail and I'm not even running on the highest settings, since my pc is already a couple of years old. Inside the stations it is pretty oke but just not up to the standards set by the space enviroments. The biggest problem that ruins the submersion into the game are the animations of the characters spend some more time on them and it would help a lot.

Controles 8/10 (For controller use)
    I have connected my xbox controller and using that the most right now. At first the response of the right stick was WAY to high but after some tweaking that was fixed. It took a little bit of getting used to the several controls in the beginning and walking around is still a little bit awkward. But all in all I have no problems with it. But I have not spend a lot of time on the mouse and keyboard yet and since a lot of problems I read on here are about the keyboard and mouse controls my score might be a big higher

User Interface 7/10
    The user interface has indeed been streamlined and although a lot of people are complaining about the new menu I think it all just a matter of getting used to it. Of course it is different from the old games and ofcourse that means you can't find everything right away. But that was the same thing when you jumped into X3 as a new player to the series. In fact for me this is already easier than the old X3 menus where.

Gameplay 6/10
    So far the only real pain in my butt while playing the campaign is that fact that you must search for the right entry into a space station and then have to look around for the right persion (took me a long time to find a drones sales(wo)man). I rather not spend unneccesary time looking for people inside the space station when the outside is so much more beautifull to be in.

Conclusion
    The game has a lot of potential and is off to a great start, just spend a bit more time on the animations and looks of all the characters we have to spend time with and try to think of a faster method of finding the right person for a job and the game would already improve a lot.
  43. Nov 25, 2013
    This is a GREAT game. Really, don't believe the crap some people are telling about this game. It has a real economy, X3 never had that! Yes there are some bugs, but they will be fixed. The same happened with the X3 release: very buggy and everybody hated it and wanted to go play X2. Just saying. After 30 hours I just scratched the surface of what is possible and I'm finally beginning toThis is a GREAT game. Really, don't believe the crap some people are telling about this game. It has a real economy, X3 never had that! Yes there are some bugs, but they will be fixed. The same happened with the X3 release: very buggy and everybody hated it and wanted to go play X2. Just saying. After 30 hours I just scratched the surface of what is possible and I'm finally beginning to understand it. The campaign is a good story (especially compared to X3), and nothing more than a very long (50 to 100 hours) tutorial after which you can play the real game. Manage huge big empires! Expand
  44. Nov 16, 2013
    This game needs to be fixed, and menus, tables, maps is needed to be made friendlier, a lot things is needete to be done... but after that this will be the greatest thinks i have ever seen !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No doubt egosoft will patche it soon. So 10
  45. Nov 17, 2013
    Now please read my review before instantly disagreeing with me. I noticed that only the negative reviews seem to be respected because people don't like other opinions. If you read this you can see why the game really doesn't deserve any 0 reviews.

I was extremely pumped for the release of X Rebirth. I watched a lot of videos, and upon playing it of course at first I felt a little underwhelmed. I looked at the metacritic score falling from 7 to 4 on the Friday alone, but I thought I'd continue playing to see if it has any redeeming features.

THE GOOD POINTS -
    Despite many people complaining about this, I like the graphical detail, especially on stations
    Story line is interesting and enjoyable
    New layout of sectors/zones is pretty nice
    Space cities are awesome
    The ability to destroy parts of large ships and stations is realistic and rather brilliant
    VR Drones are a nice touch

THE BAD POINTS -
    Pretty damned laggy even on minimum graphics with my computer supposedly in the "Recommended" area for hardware. (In addition: Frame rates can drop massively occasionally in stations or otherwise, making it very difficult to know what you're doing)
    A few bugs can mess up fighting or force you to reload
    Humanoid graphics are rather basic
    Ship steering is slow
    Getting around menus is a pain in the arse
    Maps are poorly layed out (Not sure if you can zoom at all, I haven't been able to as of yet)

In conclusion, I think the game wasn't ready for release. If they had waited until 15th November 2014, I think we'd have a winner on our hands. Personally, I give the game somewhere between a seven and an eight out of ten (Put an 8 here because I really do like the game), because I can see past the minor faults and can eventually get used to the lag, to see a potentially beautiful game. Personally I reckon the majority of people aren't giving the game enough time to mess around with, and are getting hung up on the imperfections that I've outlined or their own personal vendettas against the game or indeed starting to attack Egosoft themselves! (Which in my opinion is rather pathetic). Of course, the bad points means I cannot possibly give X Rebirth in excess of an eight, but we'll see how long it take before these points are seen to.
  46. Nov 18, 2013
    I took the advice of the more level-headed reviewers here and tried the game out. Boy, am I glad I did. The negative reviews are basically just fans of the previous X series complaining about the devs not giving them what THEY want, and they're unhappy that the creators of Rebirth wish to appeal to the greater community instead of just a select few. They don't seem to realize that THIS ISI took the advice of the more level-headed reviewers here and tried the game out. Boy, am I glad I did. The negative reviews are basically just fans of the previous X series complaining about the devs not giving them what THEY want, and they're unhappy that the creators of Rebirth wish to appeal to the greater community instead of just a select few. They don't seem to realize that THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE X-4. It is a different game, geared toward a different experience with a wider audience.

I personally found it to be pretty awesome and extremely interesting. I've been waiting for a game like this for quite some time, and it has satisfied the space sim fanatic in me. Again, do NOT pay attention to the negative reviews, they are based on pointless complaints that have more to do with the previous entries in the series than they do with Rebirth. My advice to those individuals who are immature enough to try and destroy a fantastic game is.....GO BACK AND PLAY THE PREVIOUS GAMES. Nobody is forcing you to play Rebirth, and it IS NOT MEANT TO BE A SEQUEL, so quit stomping your feet and re-download the titles that obviously act as your soother.

The devs went a different route for a reason. If you don't like Rebirth, that's fine, go mod the daylights out the older games and leave this one to folks who want to have this fresh take on the X experience. A great game has been released, whether the "old timers" like it or not. There are a few bugs of course (which are being patched), but I found myself ignoring them almost completely. Trust in the positive reviews as they are more truthful about this title. Again, the negative reviews are based on whining about the devs not adhering to specific wants and needs.

Also, don't forget, on metacritic there are folks sad enough who actually spend all day, writing multiple reviews with several different accounts to increase the number of negative scores in selfish attempts at trying to sabotage this title. So please be aware that there is a relatively small amount of whiners who make their group look larger by doing this. Pay attention to the number of "likes" and "dislikes" too, it's a dead give away, and hilariously childish. Trust me, give it a shot if you want a great space sim, just weed through the BS posts and you'll find an awesome game!
  47. Nov 16, 2013
    to the contrary of most players i do enjoy this game. 20 hours in now. Yes there is a few annoying bugs, but why did some games like say Skyrim which was released with many bugs too didn't get this treatment? Yes some features are rough like the NPC and walking around, it isn't perfect but it isn't broken either. Old X players seemed to enjoy playing menus and spreadsheets. I did not. Theto the contrary of most players i do enjoy this game. 20 hours in now. Yes there is a few annoying bugs, but why did some games like say Skyrim which was released with many bugs too didn't get this treatment? Yes some features are rough like the NPC and walking around, it isn't perfect but it isn't broken either. Old X players seemed to enjoy playing menus and spreadsheets. I did not. The only thing i really really miss is the map and gravidar/radar from AP. We could use the ability to remap keys, not that the default controls are not useable but without it it looks like a bad console port. The graphics are very nice if you got a good machine. Don't expect a good gameplay from a laptop. Get quad-core CPUs, 8gb ddr3 ram, nvidia 600 or higher video card and SSD drive. You can get all that for the price of a PS4!!!
    the story is fun and the game does a good job to get you in and teach you the basics. Do not listen to nay sayers, give it a try and see for yourself! Sorry for my bad english.
  48. Dec 7, 2013
    Today have tested patch version 1.9 beta.
    Game run fast, no freeze times anymore.
    Trade work PERFECT now! All ships flying & do work

Please give a little time for development team> they do work every day now.
  49. Dec 9, 2013
    I really quite like what has been done with this X game. Its bold and adds some new cool ideas to the franchise for gamers that don't just live on X-3. I understand that bugs have caused a lot of hate (fixes inbound a lot faster than ubisoft will ever release them) but lots of pc releases have many bugs. its a lot easier to say what has bugs on release than what does not. And I've noticedI really quite like what has been done with this X game. Its bold and adds some new cool ideas to the franchise for gamers that don't just live on X-3. I understand that bugs have caused a lot of hate (fixes inbound a lot faster than ubisoft will ever release them) but lots of pc releases have many bugs. its a lot easier to say what has bugs on release than what does not. And I've noticed that most of the haters are previous X fans that obviously did not read the title X-REBIRTH see if your carful you'll get that word REBIRTH meaning not the same as before!!!! I play MANY different games and now there is a cool space sim that won't consume my entire gaming life. The other thing I would like to make the fans aware of is that because of all the stupid haters Egosoft (a small company in the first place) could very well go under because of the reviews posted meaning that X-4 or what ever it could have been called will never be released for the Previous X fans. Hard luck. Expand
  50. Nov 16, 2013
    Played for 7 hours now, didn't experience a crash so far Playing with a Nvidia Geforce GT 650M (notebook graphic card) it runs fine for me with low to middle settings, graphic looks good even on low. It has a Tutorial (in the campaign) so you don't have to play previous X games or read guids how to play it (like you must in the previous). A few animation bugs here and there but nothingPlayed for 7 hours now, didn't experience a crash so far Playing with a Nvidia Geforce GT 650M (notebook graphic card) it runs fine for me with low to middle settings, graphic looks good even on low. It has a Tutorial (in the campaign) so you don't have to play previous X games or read guids how to play it (like you must in the previous). A few animation bugs here and there but nothing major, The NPCs inside the stations could look better but the important part is the space right?
    Don't let yourself be fooled by the overall user Score of 4.1 at the moment. The people who like the game are busy playing it and don't have time for a review^^
  51. Nov 17, 2013
    I have played since release for a total of 21 hours according to Steam. So here are my impressions.

X Rebirth is a game based in the X universe. It is thirty five to forty years after the events of X3: Albion Prelude and a Supernova that shutdown the gates that allowed ships to travel between the stars. Egosoft has done an excellent job in creating a more cohesive and expansive universe with the sectors spanning huge areas and not just an eighty by eighty kilometer area from X3AP. The combat gets harder as the plot, also used as a tutorial, progresses with the player eventually being able to build their own stations, ships, and developing a trade empire.

Unfortunately the release of the game also showed off the darker side of things with bugs and issues that can interrupt game play. Your mileage in this regard may vary, but Egosoft has made it clear they intend to support the game for years to come and to make sure it is patched properly.

As for the interface, this can get in the way of the game. While ship controls are strong, controlling other ships you own has been lost in translation. But have no fear for modders are here. The vast majority of the game is not hard coded and so things like the AI, game assets, and more are all fair game for modding. Ship orders being one of the first things on the modders hit lists.

The game does appear to have elements that were meant for consoles. But those to will get patches to help fix what is clearly broken. Why they are there is any ones guess. But I hope that Egosoft learns and that the fans and new players alike can enjoy this game. I know I am and I played X3 Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
  52. Nov 28, 2013
    Looking past the unfinished game there are a lot of positives from it at its core, at its current state you cant ignore the many broken scripts and the UI is interesting to say the least. If your a X fan try and ignore the pessimists with all the refund and 0 scrores as these kids never played the previous ones at release point either. Patches are coming quickly from egosoft and theLooking past the unfinished game there are a lot of positives from it at its core, at its current state you cant ignore the many broken scripts and the UI is interesting to say the least. If your a X fan try and ignore the pessimists with all the refund and 0 scrores as these kids never played the previous ones at release point either. Patches are coming quickly from egosoft and the Modding community as allays with the X series are second to none and have improved and fixed lots of issues. My opinion this will like all the Xs before will turn into a great game. Expand
  53. Nov 16, 2013
    21 hours played so far, Great game. It's a bit different, yes but i knew that when i bought it, and after a while it really is starting to feel like an X game. Many bugs (also expected) but nothing that i couldn't work around, or fix with an old save. Game runs fine on max, core i5-2500k 3.3Ghz, nvidia Geforce GTX650 ti Boost, 8gb ram.
  54. Nov 16, 2013
    Really enjoying!

Iv played for about 9 hours an iv barely touched the surface of the game. Woah theres alot too it and its well worth taking the time too get into. Sure there are afew bugs, But iv been be able to get around the few iv come across. Its not the same as some of there other titles and thats another good thing about it. Id recommend this already, and sure with afew bug
    Really enjoying!

Id recommend this already, and sure with afew bug fixes its going to be even better!
  55. Nov 17, 2013
    Let me start off by saying that I don't believe this game deserves a 10. I only rated it that to offset the overwhelming number of zeros that I also believe this game doesn't deserve. I'd rate it somewhere in the seven range.

Graphics: The outer-space visuals are absolutely majestic. That is, if you can manage to get your game maxed on that brand-new video card you just bought. I wonder what's up with that. On the platforms, however, the immersion suffers. The people look like, well, total crap. The lighting can be a bit odd. The animations are a bit weak. The list goes on.

Immersion factor: Well done. Simply put.

Depth: You can only pilot one ship, but there are numerous upgrades to each of the ship's systems, so you won't feel like you're flying an enormous space turd for the entire game (just most of it). The universe also starts off pretty restricted, at least in the campaign mode, leaving you with only a handful of places to explore, which is also kind of a downpoint.

Controls: Unless you have an Xbox 360 controller, you're going to spend a fair portion of your time playing weeping heavily at the new menus. No, I'm not kidding.

Gameplay: The combat is fun, the trading, not so much. In fact, it seems trading is broken entirely when it comes to big capitol ships. That really takes away from most of the X experience. The AI is also rather dumb, especially when you can't progress in the campaign because your freighter won't accept any trade orders. But I assume that'll be patched soon, so I'm not really putting that towards the score.

Performance: As I stated previously, it can be bad for absolutely no apparent reason. There are a number of workarounds already out, like replacing a d3d9.dll with one specifically made for your video card, but otherwise, a computer that can run BF4 on ultra and get 40 frames per second should reasonably be able to run this game without a hiccup. But it doesn't, and that's the biggest problem with this game. Hopefully that will get patched soon, too.

Overall: For a newbie to the X series, start here. The learning curve is easier and it'll just make you love all the old ones that much more. For the X Veterans looking to get this, run as fast as you can and never look back, because this just isn't the game you've been waiting seven years for. Personally, I like the way it plays, and I intend to put a lot of hours into it. But that 's just my opinion, and if I know anything about the internet, it's that opinions don't matter.
  56. Nov 15, 2013
    I'm a long time fan of the X series, l've played all the games... after playing for 5ish hours it's good so far. No performance issues, here looks great!

If it's like all the other X games it takes 20+ hours to actually get into... the X games aren't for everyone...
  57. Nov 17, 2013
    It's an amazing, breathtaking game! Yep... I have also hit a point where the bugs are making it unplayable for the time being, but these are minor issues (trade ship has too many orders...once again, etc). I've played through most of the campaign and the ideas behind this game are fantastic. Give them a few months to make some patches and it will be incredible! It's like GTA5 but in space!
  58. Nov 17, 2013
    Definitely has some bugs on launch, and some users have reported performance issues.

Personally I am having a problem-free experience and I am really enjoying this deep space simulation. I have the previous X games, but was not a big fan.
  59. Nov 15, 2013
    A very good game. Do not be fooled by the "I personally didn't like it, so its a 0" folks. X Rebirth is an acquired taste like most of the X series. The graphics, overall, are beautiful. Sprawling space stations and factory complexes reflect the orange-red glow of a nearby sun as the tiny blinking blue and red lights of trading ships pass in between structures, creating a highly immersiveA very good game. Do not be fooled by the "I personally didn't like it, so its a 0" folks. X Rebirth is an acquired taste like most of the X series. The graphics, overall, are beautiful. Sprawling space stations and factory complexes reflect the orange-red glow of a nearby sun as the tiny blinking blue and red lights of trading ships pass in between structures, creating a highly immersive and eye catching environment. Textures aren't particularly high-res, and this is especially apparent on the character models, but egosoft has shown that you don't need those to make a game look brilliant. Ship combat is roughly the same as in previous X games, at least in the early game. Combat Ai seems to have improved a bit and the game can get quite difficult at points. Travel is quite fun with the new highway system and they completely did away with the annoying seta drive. Once again its still too early for me to rate the economic and high strategy elements, but from what I've seen so far the game feels more alive and more complex every time I complete a mission. Voice acting and the overall campaign are rather 'meh' so far, but missions are generally fun and npcs are not completely unlikable. Lack of ship variety (theres only one) is the disappointment to me; you can customize your ship to your playstyle to a pretty high degree, but it still doesn't quite feel right without being able to buy a different ship if only for cosmetic reasons. The game is not optimized for a lot of hardware, so if you buy it immediately don't expect it to run without some tweaking. I don't subtract points from my ratings for running issues (unless they are particularly bad) usually because almost every game has them at launch and I don't feel like they subtract from the experience in the long run. Egosoft's vision for this game had a very high bar and I feel that this game embodies the most important parts of that vision: Freedom, immersion, and a game that is easy to get into, but has layers of complexity hidden beneath. If you are considering buying this game right now, I would say that you should wait a bit for the patches unless you're a technical user and don't mind a bit of messing around with settings. If your looking a great 4X space sim, you should definitely consider rebirth. Expand
  60. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just ignore most of the negative complaints. Most of these people have played less then a couple hours or they're X2-3 fanatics that just never bothered to read and believed this was going to be X4.

I've now played about 10 hours in and haven't had one crash and no bugs so far. I'd probably give it a 7 but seeing all the bandwagoneers putting out 0's and having played a few mins irks me.

I think imo the biggest hurdle for new, and old players is the UI. It's definitely designed for the xbox. It's similar to the PC UI in Skyrim and I remember how much backlash there was against that.

It will take some hours to get used to the interface for sure. I started with key/mouse and after awhile set up my xbox controller It's really and I mean really easy to play with the controller.

X Rebirth definitely has more of a story plot then the previous releases. Your sent around the system and taught the basics of the gameplay and UI by doing small missions.

This leads to problems in some cases where a little more detail mission briefings would be nice. The get 100 energy cells mission for instance would benefit from this. I know a lot of people were stuck/confused on that one. I took me an hour to complete it because the directions were a bit unclear.

The game has a few mini games to play while traveling that really don't add much to the game other then get you to your destination faster (highways) or get you better deals or contacts in stations (small talk) still they're mildly entertaining.

Combat so far has been really easy (I'm hoping that's cause I'm just starting) It's pretty easy to kill the first few enemies you run across. Your ship starts out fairly weak but you can get upgrades and drones that will help you fight.

Haven't had much time to do many missions. The only ones I've done are escort ship and transfer people around from station to station. You can help protect stations from intruders.

Pro
    More involved story line.
    More things to do/ keep you busy. No long boredom traveling like in prev x games. this might actually be a con for some.

Con
    UI that's takes some time to figure out unless you have a gamepad.
    UI again yep it's bad
    one ship put this here since I really like commanding more ships in prev x games

Anyways it's not great that's for sure and has room for improvement. but way better then the 0's people are floating around here. People are already making mod's that hopefully will end up making the game great.
  61. Nov 15, 2013
    The wildly mixed reviews are due to the wide difference between computer specs. not really as a matter of power but as a matter of configuration. It will take some time before the game is optimized for every system type. I am unfortunately on the bad end of the system config with an AMD processor and an ATI graphics card. I'm guessing there will either need to be a specific rebirth driverThe wildly mixed reviews are due to the wide difference between computer specs. not really as a matter of power but as a matter of configuration. It will take some time before the game is optimized for every system type. I am unfortunately on the bad end of the system config with an AMD processor and an ATI graphics card. I'm guessing there will either need to be a specific rebirth driver or a patch for AMD based machines because the current performance is next to unplayable. I'm somewhat more forgiving than most because I've been gaming on laptops for the last 7 years and 20 fps is a dream come true for me. But fudge graphics and fudge frame rates. From what I've played its an excellent game. It just has some MAJOR teething problems that need to be resolved on the software side of things ASAP. I look forward to playing the completed version. Expand
  62. Nov 15, 2013
    Yes there are bugs, yes there are issues, I've had to load a saved game more than a few times HOWEVER, I do enjoy the game, the graphics, the immersion. The new ideas brought into the game are nice and I am very much looking forward to having zero issues playing.

It is stressful to play at times since things just don't seem to work as intended or there is simply not enough direction to help with the process. I give this game an 8 out of 10 since while it does have it issues, I can see past those and find the game it was/going to be.

Here's hoping for a fix and dramatic fix ASAP.
  63. Feb 23, 2015
    More than a year after its initial release, X: Rebirth has seen a myriad of patches and a few content additions, which made what was originally a painful-at-best experience and turned it into a truly enjoyable space simulation.

Quite simply, they didn't give up on the game as so many reviewers and players did. In reality, they likely released a little too early and without sufficient testing, but in this case, the end justifies the means. The amount of help they have received from the community in finding bugs is apparent, as the game is now relatively bug-free.

I have over 200 hours logged into the game, with the first 100 played in the first couple months of release. To think that this is the same game that was maligned by critics over a year ago would be a mistake.
  64. Nov 15, 2013
    the game feel just so amazing seriously the game is amazing but need some serious optimisation by egosoft. but that normal so please stop giving this game 0 score
  65. Nov 17, 2013
    I am pretty happy with the game.
    Didnt have any major problems with playing exept some small fps drops.
    I really really like the ideas they have put into the game. Somewhat these ideas make the game so awesome and different from all the other space games. Also i am pretty sure that the small company Egosoft is really trying hard to fix all the bugs as fast as they can. I dont think
    I am pretty happy with the game.
    Didnt have any major problems with playing exept some small fps drops.
    I really really like the ideas they have put into the game. Somewhat these
    ideas make the game so awesome and different from all the other space
    games. Also i am pretty sure that the small company Egosoft is really trying
    hard to fix all the bugs as fast as they can. I dont think this game is a failure.
    Its a newborn beauty with some genetically diseases. This is onbe of those smaller
    games that you shouldn´t about...
  66. Nov 17, 2013
    The game has been release really buggy and damage, but all previous X-series game were like that. X Rebirth has great potential ahead and I'm already enjoying it as it currently. V1.12 fixed an FPS bug that affected a fair amount of people which is really great.

I love seeing how games develop, so I can't wait to see what unfolds in the coming months
  67. Nov 26, 2013
    As some of the comments have already said, this game has more bugs than roadkill. There are broken sections crashes issues with game play. So why rate it a 10, well I have played it for 28 hours and enjoyed 27 of them. The team behind this are working very hard to fix the issues and have made massive improvements already. This will be an amazing game when they have finished. This gameAs some of the comments have already said, this game has more bugs than roadkill. There are broken sections crashes issues with game play. So why rate it a 10, well I have played it for 28 hours and enjoyed 27 of them. The team behind this are working very hard to fix the issues and have made massive improvements already. This will be an amazing game when they have finished. This game was simply released too soon. Expand
  68. Nov 15, 2013
    I love the game, the controls are amazing on an X360 gamepad, it feels like space and it's a lot faster than X3 !

I just feel like there isn't much of a scenario yet, but there is a HUGE potential. The game is really a sandbox
  69. Nov 15, 2013
    Personally haven't gotten a chance to try this game out yet, but am looking forward to it. I just came here to help level the review field here from all of these 0 scores I've been reading through.

Do you guys even know what a 0 score means?!?! Seriously it is a shame that so many of you fail to realize the negative impact you cause developers with such garbage reviews. I see plenty of helpful responses to the 0's 1's and 2's as well sadly. I personally used to love metacritic for its user review feedback, but in the past couple years it has become a pathetic board of whiny brats. If you gave a 0, 1 or 2 to this game shame on you as a gamer. Shame on you for poisoning a game on launch day 1 with such biased and uninformative reviews. Learn a little about how a 10 point review system actually works. If you have issues with a game feel free to post but a 0 is unplayable and sorry but I have been watching plenty of day one coverage on twitch and youtube today and this game is far from a 0.

If you are a X3 fan and do not like the massive changes to the game that's perfectly fine voice your opinion. However when you do so be a little more constructive in your assessment. We've all seen what a 0-2 score resembles, if you don't look up a game called Big Rigs Over The Road Racing, or more recently AngryJoe reviewed a game called Ride To Hell. Please just think about it.
  70. Nov 16, 2013
    The Score is based upon less than 20 hours expierence after release.

i think it is a good baseline...from the devs, now let the community of modders take care of the rest! first of all i want to state that the new graphic-engine is (even if still under dx9) very impressive and give a very good debute the style of graphical display is not "to comic" as much people feared. the
    The Score is based upon less than 20 hours expierence after release.

first of all i want to state that the new graphic-engine is (even if still under dx9) very impressive and give a very good debute the style of graphical display is not "to comic" as much people feared. the surroundings of stations are quite busy and a lot of things to see around here. many things are like in older x games, some are not of course: in an rebirth.

the features we are now seeing currently are just a start of what we all hope is coming in the near future!
    the bugs we are now seeing on the start. some very drastic, and some are more cosmetic problems are hopefully fixed within the next 2 weeks.

i got what i expected, a great structure to build a new state of the art X-Game with the help of the Modding Community. What is basically needed is the full support of Egosoft and Deepsilver to get this working. The potential is given with the current release...

For all which are expected an ready to fly, full scale, space-opera are sure a bit dissappointed but do not give up and wait a couple of weeks...modding has already begun and egosoft is worth to put some trust in this product...
  71. Nov 22, 2013
    Compared to X3: Albion Prelude the graphics are significantly better. Still is pretty buggy BUT the gameplay stays true to the X universe style. The DEV'S just released a new patch which has really helped cut down on the amount of crashes I am having.
  72. Nov 15, 2013
    I have not played previous X games but I was drawn to this one because I love space games. I've noticed that the game has some bugs like FPS issues and other things but have since fixed them by looking for solutions online, and I saw that the creators are looking into the bugs to fix. As for gameplay, the controls for the ship interface is smooth, especially with a controller plugged in,I have not played previous X games but I was drawn to this one because I love space games. I've noticed that the game has some bugs like FPS issues and other things but have since fixed them by looking for solutions online, and I saw that the creators are looking into the bugs to fix. As for gameplay, the controls for the ship interface is smooth, especially with a controller plugged in, combat is fantastic as I go out of my way just to kill some badies here and there. I can't wait to start with gaining ships to expand my trading empire and other such things. Overall it's a fun game and worth a buy. Expand
  73. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is definitely going to trigger some strong emotions for fans of the series. On the one hand, X Rebirth is an excellent space game in its own right. On the other hand, it definitely is a departure from the X series. That could either be a bad thing (if you preferred the complexity of the previous X series games) or it could be a good thing particularly if you're just looking forThis game is definitely going to trigger some strong emotions for fans of the series. On the one hand, X Rebirth is an excellent space game in its own right. On the other hand, it definitely is a departure from the X series. That could either be a bad thing (if you preferred the complexity of the previous X series games) or it could be a good thing particularly if you're just looking for an excellent space game.

Don't be fooled by the negative reviews: Some fans just can't handle the change. If you're looking for an excellent space sim, you've found it. X Rebirth is easier for new players to pick up and learn, the story is more engaging (if you're into that sort of thing), and the controls have been simplified for those of you who actually enjoy flying through space, not just navigating the maze of menus that the previous X games were infamous for.
  74. Nov 16, 2013
    The game has much potential. Actually it's a bit buggy, but it runs on my 2,5 year old machine very well. Apart from some soundbugs my game runs super and I feel like I'm playing an X game for the first time, although I have played each game. I know that many people feel disappointed by the game, because the X3 games got "so good", but I remember the first hours with X3. These were as hardThe game has much potential. Actually it's a bit buggy, but it runs on my 2,5 year old machine very well. Apart from some soundbugs my game runs super and I feel like I'm playing an X game for the first time, although I have played each game. I know that many people feel disappointed by the game, because the X3 games got "so good", but I remember the first hours with X3. These were as hard like the ones with X Rebirth, so most people should wait a little time. X games are like good wine, they need time to patch äh age. But then they will be great Expand
  75. Nov 16, 2013
    Good game for plenty of content and what to do,normal graphics. All very negative coments is from that kind of people who say heroes of might and magic 3 is beter then any other version ,but look into whose people who play homm 3 in 2013 :D their opinion just doesnt matter for normal people :D
  76. Nov 21, 2013
    A good game, send 10/10 to counter "angry red kid".
    Like EVERY X, bugged on the out date, need to be patch and after, he willa awesome.

It's just a question of time, never forget this it's not a game you can test in one hours.
  77. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is great, and does run well contrary to what others have said. I have an I5 2500 with Radeon 6870 and 16 GB of RAM and the graphics look great with smooth frames-per-second. I imagine some people either just like to complain or they have so much spyware/bloatware on the system that that is the cause of any slowdown.

Gameplay wise there is a length tutorial to the campaign

Gameplay wise there is a length tutorial to the campaign which does mean you follow a linear path for a while but this is a good thing as it teaches you the mechanics of the game. The developers stated they wanted a complex game but not a complicated one. They have delivered on that, the interface is much easier to use but there is a lot of depth still. You may only directly pilot one ship, but you can command massive fleets still.

Die hard fans who are actually aware of the gamelore can see good reason to sticking to the one ship "Albion Skunk" which was originally the "Pride of Albion" a one of a kind ship that any military would have loved to mass produce. Other ships of a similar size would be a DOWNGRADE. There is plenty of room to upgrade it, and as mentioned you can still buy/build massive flights.

The graphics in space are amazing, but I will be honest the in station and character graphics are not as good as the rest which is why I give this game an 8/10 not or 9 or 10. That said being able to walk on stations is a welcome addition, you can explore ventilation shafts and fine hidden items (usually illegal contraband goods) which is great if you love the smuggling side of the game.

Very happy with my purchase.
  78. Nov 21, 2013
    I do NOT work for Egosoft and never had the patience for previous X games. But this looked so good in the trailer resistance was futile. Four days after release I bought it despite the terrible initial user reviews. I have an i5 intel 4 core CPU, NVidia 670 GPU, 8 gigs RAM, and Windows 7 64 bit PC. I've played about 3 hours First off no lockups or crashes what so ever. Min frame- rate 30I do NOT work for Egosoft and never had the patience for previous X games. But this looked so good in the trailer resistance was futile. Four days after release I bought it despite the terrible initial user reviews. I have an i5 intel 4 core CPU, NVidia 670 GPU, 8 gigs RAM, and Windows 7 64 bit PC. I've played about 3 hours First off no lockups or crashes what so ever. Min frame- rate 30 around elaborate stations. Up to 60fps most of the time. Space never looked so good! Story/tutorial works great so far (not Shakespeare I Know). Mouse keyboard control quite intuitive. Constant updating should give most the positive experience I've enjoyed. IF you want a modern space sim then this is your best bet. Expand
  79. Nov 21, 2013
    The game is but I'm feeling generous today.

The Lord told us to turn the other cheek and so we shall.

When there is love, there is hope. And when there is hope, there is gold to be earned.
  80. Nov 15, 2013
    I have been playing the X series games since the year 2000. I love them and I love this game. Beautiful job. Works like a charm. I heartily recommend this game to everyone and anyone. I have nothing negative to say about it. After playing it a solid 10 hours, I salute the devs for some great and dedicated work. I know my rating like any rating is entirely subjective and ratings shouldn'tI have been playing the X series games since the year 2000. I love them and I love this game. Beautiful job. Works like a charm. I heartily recommend this game to everyone and anyone. I have nothing negative to say about it. After playing it a solid 10 hours, I salute the devs for some great and dedicated work. I know my rating like any rating is entirely subjective and ratings shouldn't trusted anyway. Its up to the individual to be disappointed or ecstatic as I am). No collective rating is a fair estimation of the game. Gamers are not a hive mind so throw out the very low scores and very high scores and get closer to the truth of the matter with the middling scores. Personally, I love this game. It is everything I hoped for. Expand
  81. Nov 15, 2013
    I'm new to the X series, so for all you die-hard fans who say it's not good enough to be an X game or a disgrace to the series, I can't argue with you there, as I've never played any of the other games. However, X-Rebirth was quite a delightful surprise for me. It's incredibly immersive, the graphics are absolutely gorgeous, and the possibilities are endless with such a massive and diverseI'm new to the X series, so for all you die-hard fans who say it's not good enough to be an X game or a disgrace to the series, I can't argue with you there, as I've never played any of the other games. However, X-Rebirth was quite a delightful surprise for me. It's incredibly immersive, the graphics are absolutely gorgeous, and the possibilities are endless with such a massive and diverse sandbox. I have encountered a single error that resulted in a sudden shut down of the game, but that's the only major crash issue I've experiences. It's a very demanding game as well, and you'll need a decent computer to run it. However I think the content is excellent and it's a very fun and immersive game for me to play. I trust that the bugs will be patched shortly and hopefully the graphical demands optimized for lower end PCs. All in all a very nice game in my book. Expand
  82. Nov 20, 2013
    I will not lie, at the launch it was sadly surprisingly "buggy" and un-optimized. With low framerates around 13-30FPs (average 18fps for me), crashes and game breaking bugs. But with a few tweaks you could easily boost it to an average of 24 fps. Sure that is pretty low but It was still Very playable.
    Its only been five days since it was released and they already released 3 patches atm version 1.15). And these fixed the game breaking bugs (like not being able to board capital ships to some crashes.).

Looking past the launch issues and the clear performance issues. Its indeed a very enjoyable game. It looks great, better than any other X-Series game (and FINALLY they fixed the explosions, the previous games explosions looked like a 2d animation). I am amazed how real it actually is and feels.

Only having the ability to personally pilot one ship dose not really feel like a bad thing to me. Its actually a pretty good ship and customization (with the ability to buy upgrades with different abilities like stronger shield or faster recharge or just have it balanced all together). It really feels like you are the captain of your own "Firefly" vessel :P. Just wow, i love it :P

Besides, considering you still can hire NPCs for capital ships, build amazing stations working for you. Im really happy with this game. At the time of this review im getting around 30-70FPS depending on where i am on the star map (only the starting area gives me a constant 18-30 fps, other than that its very up and down)... So i honestly don't know why people are acting space happy atm (in the bad way firefly reference :P)

And Knowing Egosoft from the past the WILL continue fixing the game up for a very long time into the future. Just as they still are with their previous games from x3 Reunion to Albion Prelude. All "recently patched by the developers

If you love space simulators Get this game! Don't hesitate!
    If you do find uneven FPS and a few game disturbing (not breaking) bugs annoying though wait a week or two and get it after a few more patches, so around mid December or so (or get it now and wait to play after that :P).
    In either case This is a really cool game
  83. Nov 18, 2013
    This is the third time I've gambled on an X game: I struggled with X2 and X3, longing for that Freelancer Earth and Beyond Independence War 2 EVE feel and never quite getting it. It was always too cold, too empty, too inscrutable. This version finally made everything click. I don't care a bit that it crashes every few hours I grew up with Wing Commander bailing out and Sierra gamesThis is the third time I've gambled on an X game: I struggled with X2 and X3, longing for that Freelancer Earth and Beyond Independence War 2 EVE feel and never quite getting it. It was always too cold, too empty, too inscrutable. This version finally made everything click. I don't care a bit that it crashes every few hours I grew up with Wing Commander bailing out and Sierra games murdering me. I can handle hitting the quick save button every so often. 95% of the complaints that I've heard about this game are patently false clearly the result of people who are butthurt about change. The new in-ship UI is a GOOD thing, grognards. The face and body models are no worse than Morrowind which played Just Fine. Combat feels natural and effortless and _obvious_. The stations seem alive and organic. It's a delight flying around and exploring them. The so-called 'game breaking tutorial bugs' have simple workarounds, usually in-game workarounds, discoverable with 5 seconds' googling. The framerate drops when I swing the camera around a station. This does not break the game: it doesn't even affect gameplay. If this were a 2000-person team like Diablo 3 I'd be shocked, but at around twenty? Yeah, I can deal with a framerate judder. On my 2-year old _laptop_, no less.

This is a delightful, fun, and incredibly deep and complex game that no longer requires a Dwarf Fortress level of determination to get into. It's all just right there, and it's fun. Buy this immediately.
  84. Nov 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Been playing the Campain of the game, sadly due to alot of bugs, it kinda was hard to play trough, however i enjoyed it alot.
    i just started playing free-mode, however the learning curve for this game (even for a X3 Veteran) is kinda steap.
    Been trying to figure out for hour, how to get capital ships to work proberly, how they can defend themself, and how to command them proberly. alot of thouse features are getting unlocked by the new "Crew-System" replacing most of the old Software system from X3.

I have been playing all weekend, and already passed 40 hours.
    a quick mentioning.. Quick Save Alot
  85. Nov 18, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. I've spent a good 20+ hours on it already, and I -think- I'm pretty far in the story. The music is great while flying through space, however the music while'st flying through the 'space highways' sounds odd and cheesey.. Space fighting is fun, though the Skunk seems a bit overpowered.

I'll give this a 10/10 once they fix the bugs such as: computer not showing

I'll give this a 10/10 once they fix the bugs such as: computer not showing up and AI flying through things
    Also, would be nice if there was a function to cancel trade routes once you've made it.
  86. Nov 20, 2013
    Many people would say that the game failed simply because it has a few bugs well what game doesn't, as somebody who doesn't normally take time out to review games i decided to embrace X Rebirth i have now logged 81 hours since release playing the game and also started to blog about my experience via Vahull.com i have enjoyed the story of the campaign it is engaging and the game has aMany people would say that the game failed simply because it has a few bugs well what game doesn't, as somebody who doesn't normally take time out to review games i decided to embrace X Rebirth i have now logged 81 hours since release playing the game and also started to blog about my experience via Vahull.com i have enjoyed the story of the campaign it is engaging and the game has a lot to do and accomplish, best yet Egosoft have quickly listened to players and fixed many of the problems effecting game play now they can add or change features as required or requested to keep the player base playing this amazing game 10/10 from me cheers Vahull Expand
  87. Nov 19, 2013
    Hello. I have played the game for 20+ hours already and here is my review.

The game was launched with a lot of bugs. But within 2 days they had a patch witch solved most of the crashing issues! The game looks awesome and plays decently. There is a TON of content in the game when you start to play it longer. There is automated trading after you build a station, and buying trading
    Hello. I have played the game for 20+ hours already and here is my review.

The game looks awesome and plays decently. There is a TON of content in the game when you start to play it longer. There is automated trading after you build a station, and buying trading software.
    The one thing that people seem to forget about this game is that it is called X-Rebirth for a reason!
    It is not intended to be like the older games!
    They are using a new game engine for this game. Also it is intended to be played on consoles as well.
    At launch there has been a lot of bugs, but within 2 days crash issues were solved. They are working very hard on fixing bugs as well.
    To rate the game on gameplay alone.. Here we go.
    I'll start with graphics. The game looks absolutely fantastic! Every sector and system has a different look. And they all look great! All stations and ships are extremely detailed. In fact It is rare to see this level in detail in other games. Just start taking a closer look at stations. There are internal windows where you can watch products being made. Also each station has moving elevators, and trains and far as I can see.
    The menu system takes a good while to get used to, especially for people who played previous X games. But when you get used to it, it works ok. I will admit it is optimized for controller use. In the future the devs may offer options, if not modders will. Hell in games past modders have created such good mods that Egosoft has instituted them in later games!
    Ok on to content!
    There is no lack of content in the game, compared to previous games. The difference is that you have to look around a little more, and they are set up very differently. Automated trade comes after buying trade software and building a station! Plus hiring crew for the station.
    I rate this game as 9/10 because even with the very buggy launch I am confident that in 3/6 months with Egosoft and the community pulling together it will be a truly fantastic game and a 10/10.
  88. Nov 18, 2013
    Great game. Some said there are lot of bugs while I don't meet with. You should first make it clear it's a bug or a problem caused by you hardware. And, have you indeed learned how to play?
  89. Nov 19, 2013
    I'm here to give my honest opinion on this game, amid a lot of hate being thrown at it from some of the player reviews here. In a nutshell, this is an engrossing experience that you can get lost in and find yourself in love with, should you be willing to exercise a little patience and faith in the game that Egosoft has built here.

I will admit right off that my 10/10 scoring is to help

I will admit right off that my 10/10 scoring is to help counter-balance many completely unfair 0/10 reviews by others here. That's crazy, as nearly no game deserves a "0" review, only games truly broken and unplayable. This game is FAR from that, and I want to state that again: This game is FAR better than the negative reviews here will mention. Please remember that although there are 500 or so negative reviews here, with the positive and mixed reviews growing after release, many thousands of people are busy playing and enjoying the deep, complex, fascinating game that is X Rebirth.

Too often do we, as players and critics alike, bow down to the standards and expectations of the mainstream gaming community. I expect that this game may not break a "50" here on Metacritic in the weeks following it's release, but that in months and especially years down the road will be seen as a triumph for those whom played it. Unfortunately there are bugs and issues in this game, and it is by no means polished yet. Far from it. That being said, again, it deserves a far more in-depth glance from you as a potential buyer, far more especially than reading a few ignorant "0" reviews and dismissing this game.

For full disclosure, I'm not very familiar with nor have I played any of the other X Series games in the past. I only learned about this game a few weeks ago while looking into alternatives to a few of the space combat and explorations games on the market now. For some time now I've been wanting a sandbox space exploration game, with a mix of space combat and ground/station exploration and interaction. Coming from the angle of being a huge Morrowing/Skyrim/Fallout 3 buff, as well as a SWG: Jump to Lightspeed fan, I have spent a long time looking for the perfect combination of gameplay mechanics from those handful of games and genres. This is it, right here. If you give it the chance.

First off, from the moment I first launched a Campaign (see: extended tutorial) mode game, the game crashed to desktop. It did that a few more times over a few hours, and I also had an issue at first getting the game to recognize my gaming laptop's dedicated video card (rather than the other one also available, a high-efficiency Intel GPU). I overcame those issues, tweaked some sound and graphics settings, and troubleshooted it, where it sounds like other negative review users here just gave up.

Aside from the Campaign, you can choose to start a "Free Play" game where the game will thrust you into a bit of a character creation and free-form "here's the universe" while nudging you over the precipice of "go explore it." The game is incredibly involving and engrossing, as mentioned before, but can be broken by a few immersion-killing glitches and dialog from time to time.

The NPC voice acting, particularly your female co-pilot, is fairly bad. Oddly enough, there are a limited set of responses that in the future could be re-acted by modders and replaced. I'll hold out hope for that in the future, but yes, as others have mentioned, the voice acting can be quite bad. However, you shouldn't allow that to break the entire experience. Coming from an angle of loving Morrowind, a game FULL of glitches, I didn't allow NPC or (text) dialog glitches to stop me from enjoying the incredible experience that was that. I've given up on believing that the co-pilot is a human, and have decided she is an android, to save my sanity more than anything else. So yes, it's bad voice acting, but not worth disregarding the game completely, much less giving it a "0" review. Given the supportive community and modding opportunities, I see plenty of promise in re-acted character voices, expanded station interiors and variety, and many other possibilities. From a positive mindset, this game has the most promise of any game I have seen in years, should you choose to give it the chance.

If you subscribe to the mainstream "If it's not a polished AAA title that critics love, I'm not going to play it or enjoy it!" then you won't enjoy it. Sometimes, games fall beyond the bounds of what the mainstream enjoys, or what the critics will award good reviews to. X Rebirth is one of these games. It is not entirely revolutionary by itself so much as it is revolutionary in the fact that it's taken the mechanics and aspects of numerous genres and put them into the huge scope and sprawling sandbox environment that it has.

Any game, and this game in particular, is just as much what YOU make it as a player, as it is what the developers have created it to be.

I promise you: If you give it the chance, you will love this game.
  90. Nov 25, 2013
    Up to this point and +30 hours of play, I have enjoyed this game. The atmosphere and space world graphics are very impressive. The highways are very well thought out, removing the need for SETA which actually was a good decision. I really enjoyed discovering new sectors than any other game of the X series.

The fighting mechanics have improved maybe a bit too easy, but its hard to

The fighting mechanics have improved maybe a bit too easy, but its hard to balance such a complex game with little player feedback.

Disappointed that the game is still far to buggy and still crashes, though frame rates are very good for quad core cpu 2.8.ghz. I am sure knowing what the developers did with previous releases this will be a great game.
  91. Mar 6, 2016
    I have played most of the x games, and the one thing that kept me from enjoying them were the docking and long travel times. It was a pain to find what you wanted. I heard that at release this game was horrible, but not now in my opinion. It is easy to get around, and the trading is complex, yet easy enough to figure out. You can zip around stations and the graphics look great. TheI have played most of the x games, and the one thing that kept me from enjoying them were the docking and long travel times. It was a pain to find what you wanted. I heard that at release this game was horrible, but not now in my opinion. It is easy to get around, and the trading is complex, yet easy enough to figure out. You can zip around stations and the graphics look great. The only thing I really hate is the voice overs that suck. These are easily modded out though, so I am enjoying this game much more than the unfinished Star Citizen and Elite. Expand
  92. Nov 19, 2013
    I have been waiting awhile for this title, and while it may be in need of some patching, I've been having fun with it. Sure I miss the assortment of flyable ships, but X Rebirth is less boring than previous X-Series games. Glad to have a PC Space Sim to pass the time, while waiting for Star Citizen. This will do just fine.
  93. Apr 1, 2016
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. But I'm playing the 4.0 update right from the start and have never played the other X games.

Beautiful visuals and music (except the NPCs), nice "generic" quests ("created" by the game and a nice campaign as well), awesome simulation (economic and "social") and jaw dropping exploration makes this game the perfect thing for a Space fan like me.

Give it a chance if you like space exploration and fighting games! :D
  94. Nov 20, 2013
    The problem with this game is not really a problem with the game per se. That's a convoluted way of saying that people are cross because it was released with bugs but we're already three patches in, there's more to do, but the game in infinitely playable to the vast majority (there are still frame rate problems on high end systems). Added to that is the fact that it has alienated many ofThe problem with this game is not really a problem with the game per se. That's a convoluted way of saying that people are cross because it was released with bugs but we're already three patches in, there's more to do, but the game in infinitely playable to the vast majority (there are still frame rate problems on high end systems). Added to that is the fact that it has alienated many of the existing X fans, being a departure from the series. So the complaints are coming from two directions.

And behind the bugs there are some real failing, the UI is far from great, npcs are ugly, the maps are pretty useless and you can't give the detailed instructions to your fleet of ships that you could before. Ego have promised to fix these things by December.

But many things are greatly improved. In space it is one of the most gorgeous games ever, it is huge, vast and sand box, space cities are enormous and wonderfully detailed, your ship handles a treat, weapons and missiles are awesome and you can trade, destroy and pillage to your heart's content. Boarding capital ships is simply awesome and the entire universe is devoid of a single load screen.

Sadly yes, Ego release unfinished games and then proceed to fix bugs for weeks but also improve functionality for years. Even if you have to put up with a few frustrations, this game is an unbelievably vast and ambitious project which takes you to a beautiful organic universe. This is a 1000hr game, one you'll keep coming back to and one that will keep getting better.
  95. Nov 20, 2013
    X-Rebirth is a great start to a reboot of an amazing space sim series. The space graphics are amazing and the foundation is there for modders to make this game even better than x3. Capital ships now have destroyable turrets and shield points. The game was released with a few game stopping bugs but the devs are hard at work squashing them. A new patch is being released daily, also theX-Rebirth is a great start to a reboot of an amazing space sim series. The space graphics are amazing and the foundation is there for modders to make this game even better than x3. Capital ships now have destroyable turrets and shield points. The game was released with a few game stopping bugs but the devs are hard at work squashing them. A new patch is being released daily, also the mod community is hard at work already adding more options for deeper gameplay and changing the In a few months time I have no doubt this game will be superior to x3 and any other space fighting/ trading sim on the market. Once the bugs are squashed and the modders have added extra ships and commands this game will be an easy 10 Expand
  96. Dec 10, 2013
    Launch was buggy, patch 1.13 was hell, patch1.17 semi playable, patch1.19 next to fully playable as this is my first try at the X Series its become a good game with lots of opportunity's, trade as main course, combat, piracy, and much more as they add needed additional content i get more excited, once this game is fully patched i see lots of potentials within the game as you can mod it toLaunch was buggy, patch 1.13 was hell, patch1.17 semi playable, patch1.19 next to fully playable as this is my first try at the X Series its become a good game with lots of opportunity's, trade as main course, combat, piracy, and much more as they add needed additional content i get more excited, once this game is fully patched i see lots of potentials within the game as you can mod it to do next to anything, its a very time consuming game but if you know what you're doing well you wont have enough time you would be wanting to have more Expand
  97. Nov 15, 2013

1. Feb 18, 2014
    Rebirth lacks inspiration, purpose, good ideas. It's riddled with bugs and, even when it seems to work, it manages to be dull. There isn't any true reason to play it.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 10, 2014
    Instead of giving the series a new life the developers buried it and the patches are a classic case of ‘too little, too late’. There’s a lot of things you can forgive this game but not the fact that it’s boring. [02/2014, p.58]
  3. Jan 31, 2014
    X misses the spot. The occasional bit of spectacle can't save this boring, broken and charmless space simulation. [March 2014, p.60]