X3: Albion Prelude PC

• Publisher: Egosoft
  • Release Date: Dec 15, 2011
8.4

1. Feb 25, 2012
    Pro's: Beautiful graphics, complex economic and free range, seemingly dynamic campaign and very large selection of ships and stations to choose from.
    Con's: At times very boring (Just waiting for something to happen, or searching for things), random crashes (not of the game, but of your ships in the game).

Opinion: I have been a fan of the X series and own each and every one. I do plan on continuing to buy this game in the future, however, with the release of Albion Prelude, I feel like protesting to the company a bit. Really, aside from more ships and a larger map, nothing is very new or revolutionary. Long periods of simply using time compression so your ships can actually get to a destination, coupled with very boring space flight makes me want to cease my support for the series. I do however love their dynamic free campaign. One is a part of a very realistic economy. I'd like to feel even more connected and see the results of my increased or decreased business with a sector.

Recommendation: Fans of the series, go ahead and pick it up. You'll be getting more of what you have signed up for in the past. However, don't you think its time to expect more from Egosoft?
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    I have played this game for about 2 hours and it's only getting more boring. This game isn't absolutely bad but it's just that i usually don't like games where you fly in space and stuff. Combat was boring for me and so was flying. In a way it was fun but it gets boring too quick.

1. Feb 23, 2012
    If interacting with it weren't such a pain, it would be a tremendous achievement. [Apr 2012, p.73]
  2. Jan 9, 2012
    Albion Prelude is a little step in the direction of Rebirth: not so many innovations but the same structure enriched with a sort of stock exchange.
  3. Jan 5, 2012
    X3: Albion Prelude is a big expansion in terms of story and overall richness. Despite a lack of radical changes the way trough the changes of the universe, that goes toward X: Rebirth, worth the trip.