7.6

1. May 13, 2012
    Got it from a bundle with 3 Dlc and i can say it is the best "time mode" fps i ever played. Most people who gave this game a bad review don`t understand it`s not about killing the enemy it`s about collecting as many points you can in the shortest amount of time. I like the different game modes especially the Essece Attack. I don`t like when it gets stuck in a few places and sometimes the AI don`t agro the player and also i wish the AI will be much aggressive in the hard level. Maybe the developers will introduce coop modes to the game and also a TD mode :D @Doom you give the game 0 just because you wanted the game to be 5$ , the game is worth the 10$ you paid ! Expand
  2. Apr 21, 2012
    Awesome game ! With well made locations ! Not an incredible AI for the enemies that will try to take you down while shooting around trying to grind up points, which will help you to rank up on leaderboards, i actually enjoyed playing this game, it's one of the "Indie's Gems" you better grab it and i feel you will think the same as me !
  3. Jan 13, 2012
    Too much color for my taste, and not too much FOCUS! It's a fast paste action shooter, brainless really, for those who want to shoot color things! :D Anyway - if you want a shooter, treat yourself to a Bullet Storm, or Serious Sam or whatever - the feel is totally different.
  4. Dec 29, 2011
    High scores and combos are fun, but when the game is based entirely on getting these as high as possible, the gameplay should be solid, simple, and entertaining. This game falls short in all three areas. The gameplay is floaty and loose, with very little visibility due to the game's art style. The levels are broken up into goals which basically amount to "collect or shoot all glowing things", which is simple, but when coupled with the cheap "die and you have to restart" mechanic, it quickly becomes tedious and irritating. Finally, this game fails to satisfy in the action department, being riddled with slow, boring missions involving finding the last target among the many indistinguishable nooks and crannies in each map. Ultimately, this game is only for you if you like pretty lights, and if that's the case, there are cheaper ways to entertain yourself, like sitting in a four-way intersection . Expand
  5. Dec 28, 2011
    Charming, well designed and entertaining. Xotic is a real gem, original gameplay makes it unforgettable and very enjoyable. In general, it's colorful and neat-looking arcade shooter that involves some classic elements, as well some new ideas. The storyline is simple, but it has it's charm. Your character is a saviour, created to liberate the universe from entity called The Orb. Mysterious villain strips planets of life to prolong it's existence, so there's nothing to think about... We're about to save some planets! Gameplay is based on making the highest score possible and there's a few ways to do that. Mostly - you need to create chains, shooting scabs (it seems like The Orb seeds... or something like it;)). The longer the chain, the better. You'll need to be quite fast too, you will achieve points for speedy clearance of levels. There's plenty of powerups and bonus points scattered all around the levels ... and dont forget The Orb minions trying to stop you. So as you see, there's plenty to do. Especially when you want to gain 5-star rating on a specific level, it gets pretty challenging. Mastering the best way to achieve chains, bonus points and so called "aerial combos" (collecting bonuses while in mid-air) is hard, but you'll get hang of it. Game offers campaign and variable speed/accuracy trials - it will suck you up for a few hours of exciting gameplay. Atmospheric and indeed FUN gameplay. It won't cost you much (4 euros now on steam holiday sale), if you're fan of arcade shooting you need to pick it up. Xotic was updated not so long ago, offering new game modes and extended tutorial so as you see - developers seem to care about the content. There's also some new levels in the making, marked in game as "Coming Soon". Xotic lives and im looking forward to new content! Expand
  6. Dec 11, 2011
    a decent casual game with nice gfx BUT a seriously disappointing lack of content.
    there's like 20 - 25 maps here total and all but the last couple are like beginner maps.

it's really ridiculous how little the give you to start with here but anyone can plainly see they left plenty of room for additional DLC, which presumably they will charge for in the future. so if you spend the 10
    bucks on this, don't plan on stopping there, you can count on spending more later because basically what they give you here is half a game.

DO NOT PAY MORE THAN FIVE DOLLARS FOR THIS GAME. BETTER STILL, WAIT AND BUY IT WHEN IT'S 75% OFF (AND WHEN IT INCLUDES THE INEVITABLE, OBLIGATORY DLC). OTHERWISE THIS IS NOT A WORTHWHILE PURCHASE, THIS IS ONLY HALF A GAME, ONLY HALF A GAME...
  7. Dec 4, 2011
    A hidden gem that is overlooked by people, very fast and fun score based FPS with nice catchy graphics. What makes this game even better is the mix of RPG elements that is done just right, highly recommended for pure fun!
  8. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is fun and addictive as hell. cant wait for the new patch and dlc content. Great job to the team that made it! We need more indie titles like this one. People get to caught up in the big name titles and pass on the hidden gems.
  9. Oct 9, 2011
    Xotic is one of the strangest FPS-Arcade games I've ever played. While the player is not using an actual arsenal of modern-age or futuristic weaponry, the Macroterra Symbiont is still a cool weapon from an indie title. Another thing that is cool about this game is the graphics, it uses beautiful lighting and mapping, and it feels almost like it was made like a perfect mix between 9 and Star Wars.
  10. Oct 6, 2011
    This game is incredibly addictive! You just want to keep playing it over and over to try to squeeze every possible point out of the level. The hard holograms are something unique that I've never seen before in a game. For only $10, this games too good to pass up!
  11. Oct 6, 2011
    Such a unique experience. This is a shooter for the masses. I mean it looks and feels like an arcade game so anyone who sees it in action is compelled to give it a try. Once you get in there and find your groove you will discover allot of depth and find that its not so easy to put down. Check this one out for a breath of fresh air, its well worth 10 bucks!
  12. Sep 28, 2011
    Hands down the most fun I've had in ages. It should be Illegal to sell this kind of fun for 10 dollars.

Just try and beat my score folks. I DARE YOU! :)!

This game feels fantastic with an extreme emphasis on fast paced precision. Mouse and Keyboard Players will be in pure bliss as it really rewards your speed, movement and aiming ability. The innovative Hologram riding game mechanic
    (you can create platforms at any time) is absolutely wonderful with the fast paced game play. The level design is top notch. It is ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL that this hasn't sold 100s of Thousands of copies.

Currently, I am number 1 on the leader boards. I have competed against some serious people and have truly enjoyed playing levels over and over trying to master the intricate timing and aiming required to achieve victory. I have played this for at least 50 solid hours and have enjoyed every second.

THE GAMING INDUSTRY NEEDS MORE GAMES LIKE THIS!!! PC players / Mouse and Keyboard players/ pretty much anyone/ - BUY IT NOW!
  13. Sep 21, 2011
    The game is awesome! It holds everything the devs promised (regarding at the trailers on steam): good old arcade feeling, a very motivating scoring system and carefully selected and balanced weapons. As an additional bonus the graphics and animations are really rewarding especially when blowing up scab plants, which spawn nice glowing plants.

Funny fact: I bought the game on the same
    day as Hard Reset, spent more time with this one...

If you consider the low price (fair for European customers) and the perfect support from the dev: the game deserves it 10 points.
  14. Sep 21, 2011
    This was the best 9/10$ I spent this year on games! It is a steal. I feel guilty owning it! Xotic is one of the more original fun games I have played in a long time. Its extremely addicting game play playing the levels over trying to be more efficient each time. With gorgeous colors and interesting animation you feel fully drawn into this alien world. The controls feel great and you can almost fly as you throw down hologram platform in between jumps. I foresee this really taking off in the PC market and look forward to anything else this design team put out! Check out exotic if you are looking for something new and refreshing from the same old FPS experience. Expand
  15. Sep 21, 2011
    If you love high scores and first person shooters, you are in luck: Xotic is here. A game that reminds me a bit of the original Rise of the Triad (Look it up, kids), Xotic takes a throwaway story and plops you on cool alien landscapes with a gun. Your goal? Iâ
  16. Sep 21, 2011
    I had MUCH more to write and well formatted, BUT, Unfortunately Metacritic wants to squeeze everything into one paragraph. Here is just how I scored 10/10. Read others reviews for an explanation of the game's concept/premise.......... Overall I give this game a 10/10 because I enjoyed playing it so much. A game will get a 10/10 from me if: I stop being bored! Begin to thoroughly enjoy myself! Forget what i'm doing! ..and can't hear anyone speaking to me because i'm so engrossed. THAT is when a game gets 10/10 Audio: 10/10 - The music is relaxing but upbeat and fits the mood of the game so well. - The voice that announces 'awards' and bonus points for special feats in the game changes octaves when repeated making it sound almost musical. - General sound effects such as explosions, firing weapons, turrets going nuts on your ass sound solid and fit the game so very well. - Everything sounds like it should and fits the mood of the game to a Tee. I think they did an incredible job on the audio. Graphics: 10/10 - Often when playing games I find myself picking apart games because they put too much emphasis on graphics and not the gameplay. However, XoTiC manages to cleanly Tick the box for both. The graphics are colourful, clean and fun as well as running very smoothly with crisp, clean edges round everything! (I'm talking bout that kinda competition gaming smooth that limits you to ONLY your skill and NOT having to put up with any weird mouse drag kinda like what some might find can happen in the Serious Sam series) - The colours are beautiful and I just keep playing over and over again because everything just looks so awesomely pretty! (and for a full hetero guy im about to start flicking a rainbow out my manskirt. Can't wait to pit this on my big screen!!) Gameplay: 11/10 ---- Enough said... But I can't shutup just because of that! - It's the kinda game you can love to play even if you suck at it! It's just because it's so pretty. But for the people who LOVE this game it pulls off a massive 1 better than most games that I wouldn't be reluctant to give a 10/10. But I can honestly say that the past few years of gaming has been utterly boring! ..it's just sooo damn NICE NICE NICE to Play with a New toy kinda like when a new gaming console comes out! - This game pulls off a completely unique experience that NO other game to date has ever come close to. Probably looks like I got paid to write that! But no, the GAMEPLAY is what really shines about XoTiC. Has there ever been anything like this?? XoTiC - An organic, run 'n' gun, rainbow explosion out my panties! Expand
  17. Sep 21, 2011
    Xotic is probably the best Indie surprise I got this year. A game that came out of nowhere and became one of my favorite. A unique point based FPS where enemies are only an obstacle between you and the perfect chain. The game gives you alot of very nice looking and well designed levels, 8 upgradable weapons as well as an upgradable character, different types of enemies from the pushover to formidable champions and shielded turrets. The easiest way to desribe the gameplay is you run, jump and fly around mutliple levels shooting red plants that explode creating a chain reaction, the longer the chain the better the score. While keeping up the chain reaction of the red plants you can collect crystals, destroy other plants, vases and what the game calls Brains I think for additional points. To get to the crystals which are usually somewhere high up you can use your shield ability which doubles as a platform you can genereate under yourself when jumping. There are usually three objectives on each level: destroy all read plants, collect all crystals and kill all enemies. The levels end when with the death of the last enemy a portal opens. The main selling point of the game is the replayability. This is one of the few games which upon completing a level makes me think I can do better. As a cherry on top if you are in Europe as I am you get a great price that does not exploit the EU customer like many other games on Steam. Expand
  18. Sep 20, 2011
    The graphics and the lighting in this game are absolutely beautiful and very captivating. I am enjoying the soundtrack as well, but the gameplay is what this game is really about. A great blend of arcade and FPS style action. Definitely worth 10 bucks.
  19. Sep 19, 2011
    If you love old-school arcade style-gameplay, powerups, points and high score competition, then you'll love Xotic. The game is colorful, runs fast, and is completely addictive. The main focus of the game is to score points by triggering chain reactions. You do this by shooting the glowing "scab plants" with your gun, which then start popping nearby plants. As you move through the level shooting enemies and collecting power-ups, you can keep trigger new chain reactions to create a combo. The longer the chain, the more points you get. This really creates a lot of re-playability in the game, as you'll want to go back and fine-tine your route through the level to achieve the highest score, the fastest time, and a solid ranking on the global high-score leaderboards. Classic old-school arcade action all wrapped up in a modern first-person-shooter package. I love it! Expand
  20. Sep 19, 2011
    I wasn't sure if this was my type of game so I took a chance and bought it anyway.

It turns out that was a good choice, the game is very good and considering the price for xotic I've spent a lot more money on other titles that haven't provided anywhere near as much fun as I've had with this game.

The object of the game is quite simple, try to score as many points as possible by
    causing chain-reactions, simple design but addictive too when you're trying to beat your own scores and see how you compare against other players on the leaderboard.

You can also earn experience points to upgrade your weapons or skills.

A good amount of levels to play including bonus rounds and very good map design too.

The devs have said that they will include more graphics options in an upcoming patch so I've taken one point off the total score for that but the support is there and new levels are planned for the game.

Great game, great fun and well worth the price :D
  21. Sep 21, 2011

1. Dec 7, 2011
    Xotic offers up fresh and original FPS experience that is well worth the $10 asking price.
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    First-person shooter Xotic sure lives up to its name with surreal, fast-flowing gameplay.
  3. Oct 31, 2011
    If you are looking for a game to play in your spare time, be it for 20 minutes or a couple of hours, and are fan of twitch-style first person shooters that require you to react fast (think Quake III or Unreal Tournament) mixed with a arcade, almost puzzle-like scoring system, then Xotic might just be up your alley.