Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z PC

5.9

1. Mar 22, 2014
    Having played the first 3 hours, i really can't understand the horrible reviews this game got. I really enjoyed my time so far. It looks like a very nice spectacle fighter.

I like the art style and the cinematics. The controls are pretty good so far. You combo your attacks with 3 buttons (which is just complex enough for me). Doing big combos while being surrounded by dozens of zombies is really satisfiing, i have to say. In addition to these buttons you have a dash to quickly move (no jump btw), a block and some other actions like grabbing a zombie in order to use him as a weapon or throw him. Overall the combat feels really good. I can't complain at all.

The difficulty seems to be pretty high, but I don't mind dying a few times now and then. They could have added a few more savepoints. But that's only a minor complaint.

The camera is fixed, you cannot adjust it yourself. This will piss off some people. And yes, sometimes you end up in a situation where the enemies are behind the camera, where you can't see them. This can be annoying sometimes. On the other hand, you can use your right thumb purely for attacking, blocking etc. and don't have to interrupt only to move the camera. I think both systems have pros and cons. I am fine with how Yaiba handles it most of the time.

So yeah, i think it's a good game. The most important thing is that the combat feels really good, and that's what these games are all about, right? ;)

Some gameplay footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhU-1BLDig
  2. Mar 22, 2014
    YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z ROCKS! This game is a pure fun Beat 'Em up/Hack & Slash with some amazing artwork and graphics. The graphics kind of remind me of a 90's gory comic book style and the humor is like FC3: BloodDragon. I've been playing almost non-stop since I bought it and having a blast.

Sure this game isn't for everyone but if you like the artwork and don't mind TONS of gore and b-rated humor with some great beat 'em up gameplay, you'll love this. They did a FANTASTIC JOB on the PC version too, the gameplay and action is very fluid on PC.

I also think this game got a bad rap from reviewers who must have been playing another game because actual gamers are finding the game really fun.
  3. Jan 2, 2016
    Fun but shallow hack'n'slash riddled with gamebreaking bugs. I love the graphics and linear gameplay which is straight out of a twisted comic book, it's really relaxing. However my whole experience was ruined by a bug which erased all of my perks and upgrades, forcing me to quit or start over after 5 hours.
  4. Mar 25, 2014
    The game is fun and engaging. It what to except from Tecmo Koei games. All they want to do is make games that are fun and engaging. This is only for Ninja Gaiden fans. If you are not a fan of Ninja Gaiden games or Temco Koei games, then of course you are going to give it a low score. Look at all the gameplay video of Temco Koei games and you will have a better understanding. I give thisThe game is fun and engaging. It what to except from Tecmo Koei games. All they want to do is make games that are fun and engaging. This is only for Ninja Gaiden fans. If you are not a fan of Ninja Gaiden games or Temco Koei games, then of course you are going to give it a low score. Look at all the gameplay video of Temco Koei games and you will have a better understanding. I give this game a 7.5/10! Not ground breaking but hey, IT'S FUN just like Ken's Rage 2! Expand
  5. Mar 28, 2014
    The developers have created a very good game.but why the developers let the game down on AI and not included the camera angles.
    But still the game is action packed comedy game

1. May 14, 2014
    There are few times where Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z manages to induce positive emotions to the player. Perhaps only in the initial stages, when you do not know what you are going to face, the relatively good cel-shaded graphics or the sometimes nicely done humor. Only for hack 'n' slash fans that check frequently the bargain bin.
  2. Apr 17, 2014
    With the amount of great action games on the market there is simply no reason that you should give Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z a try. It is a shoddily made, awful mess.
  3. Apr 14, 2014
    Yaiba is weird. It’s dumb, insanely frustrating and to be honest, kind of insulting. However, regrettably, it’s also a bit fun.