You Are Empty PC

5.5

1. MakoI.
    Nov 30, 2007
    You are Empty is a generic first person shooter. You shoot bad guys, clear a room, and repeat, until you have found the exit. But this game is still pretty fun. The weapons are all pretty neat, like the nail gun, electric shock cannon, and that submachine gus with a drum mag. The enemies are pretty diverse and interesting, like this half human half helicoptor guy who flys into the air and You are Empty is a generic first person shooter. You shoot bad guys, clear a room, and repeat, until you have found the exit. But this game is still pretty fun. The weapons are all pretty neat, like the nail gun, electric shock cannon, and that submachine gus with a drum mag. The enemies are pretty diverse and interesting, like this half human half helicoptor guy who flys into the air and tries to spot weld you. Also there is leaning, if that helps. Just don't expect half-life2. Expand
  2. PL
    Feb 10, 2008
    Great level design, great gloomy atmosphere, great soundtrack, very arty and very well done movies in between levels. Game mechanics are a bit clunky but this is not really annoying. Enemies are also anything but smart but they're definitely fun. Though primitive in it's game design (shoot everything that comes in your way), this game somehow manages to be addictive, mainlyGreat level design, great gloomy atmosphere, great soundtrack, very arty and very well done movies in between levels. Game mechanics are a bit clunky but this is not really annoying. Enemies are also anything but smart but they're definitely fun. Though primitive in it's game design (shoot everything that comes in your way), this game somehow manages to be addictive, mainly because of the gloomy stalinist-totalitarian atmosphere. Expand
  3. MariuszO.
    Oct 26, 2007
    The atmosphere of this game .. I know that technical level is at bad level. Lot's of mistakes and bad model of movement. But the feeling of Russia in early 60's, the wind of Stalin's secret services. The movies during breakes are a good idea. Soc-realism.
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    I like this game, it's more of a "indie" horror game, with a touch of a mindless person.
    The thing that makes me like it is perhaps that i'm mad or just the loneliness feeling I don't know, I just fancy this game alot so I bought it for 99 Kr.

1. The glass isn't 'half empty,' it isn't even 'not full.' It's a soundless, hateful asphyxiating void. [Oct 2007, p.74]
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Why am I empty, then? Perhaps because this crass, banal, unchallenging belch of a first person shooter has left me that way, groaning and giggling like a mental patient. [Nov 2007, p.72]
    Unfortunately, the graphics just aren't up to snuff, the character models, aside from being horrendous, repeat often and your character moves with all the zip of a drugged elephant.