7.2

1. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is just mediocre. It's not a bad game but it gives no satisfaction. Story seems on the weak side, graphics are pleasant, the music is good. The combat system is the weakest spot of the game. You have just to bounce on enemies. Weaponry too is just plain bad. I would not recommend this game, better to stick to other series (like Suikoden, Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, etc.).
  2. Aug 22, 2014
    I got all the way to Darn Tower and had enough of the game. Didn't even start Ys 2. I'm sure back then this was great but now days its just not very good. Everything about it is VERY primitive and simplistic. Ys came out originally in what 1990 or prior. Its not something I would recommend to people unless they are curious as how the games used to be.

PS: Oh and the people below that

PS: Oh and the people below that called it garbage and gave it 0's obviously don't know what they are talking about. This game is O-L-D. We are talking 20+ years. Its not like they had much to work with back then.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    It’s curious that XSEED waited so long to publish Ys I & II Chronicles, as both games are visibly more primitive than their successors from 2012. Instead of dessert we were served a stale biscuit. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.70]
  2. Feb 27, 2013
    While both games feature a rather banal save-the-world plot, there's an underlying sense of mythology that remains just clouded enough to suggest a grander scheme. Although the characters are somewhat lifeless, the games themselves bear a strong sense of personality heightened by the music, the frenetic action, and the very sound of their name.
  3. Feb 18, 2013
    Everyone else should probably steer clear. The simple truth is there are better Ys games out there, ones that are already on Steam even. So check those out long before Chronicles+.