7.5

1. May 2, 2013
    I had no idea how to review this game. It's not fair to give it a zero, because it seems like it would be fun if I could play it. The fact is that I can't play it for more than half an hour without feeling extremely sick. The FoV in this game is so extremely low in combat that it makes me dizzy. I don't know what the actual FoV number is, but if I were to guess I'd say 50-60. I can play comfortably on 90+ but prefer 100+. 50-60 IS CRAZY. I would not recommend this game unless they put an FoV slider in. Expand
  2. May 2, 2013
    ACE Team's follow-up to their cult brawler is well-intentioned, but punches outside its weight. The game's scope is broadened in relation to the first, so progression is slightly less linear. But the gist of the game remains the same, with the player traveling between areas searching for items to collect and enemies to beat up (and occasionally shoot). The game has pacing problems and the combat feels worse than it did in the first one. The storytelling and world-building, which many consider the stronger point of the first game, are also less impressive this time around. Since this game doesn't necessarily do anything different from the first game, all the extra running space feels like it has no real purpose: If the intention was to foster exploration, it was not a huge success, as it looks considerably worse due to its larger areas, and that fact greatly undermines any sort of touristic pleasure. In addition to that, the rewards for exploration are poorly hidden, so you never really feel you found anything special, just another conspicuously placed power-up. I have a hard time recommending Zeno Clash II to anyone. I feel it is not nearly as good as its predecessor: It's ugly, clunky and unnecessary, and sure to be forgotten. Expand
  3. May 13, 2013
    This game is the worst i have ever played, don't stop to develop but such games are like useless things. Sorry for this comment but it's really true!!

1. Aug 25, 2013
    Zeno Clash II, like the original, is an interesting game. It falls slightly flat in the gameplay, but it's largely balanced by the world being so damn interesting to experience and wander around in.
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    Confusing, disoriented, and with less focus on the crisp Faust ballet.
    A surrealistic action game is extended, with freedom of movement. However, it has lost its ability to hide the flaws. Zeno Clash II knows how to entertain, but at the same time it's terribly stupid. [Issue#231]