7.6

1. May 2, 2013
    Its got one of the most unique worlds in any media and that for me is enough to completely outweigh any flaws it has. The game is beautiful, disturbing and full of more unique content than any other game out there. I really enjoy how ACE expanded the combat. It's great.
  2. May 4, 2013
    I love it! If you like the first then you will love this one:D I love the openess of this one compared to zc1. Combat is improved. Devs brought a patch out for FOV as people asked within a day or 2 of launch. It's very pretty to look at and story is twisted and awesome just like the first:D If you are buying to play co-op I would wait a few days as they are bringing out a patch with some co-op fixes hopefully in the next week. I have had 3 very small problems in co-op but since they do not happen constantly I don't have much of an issue playing co-op right now but some people are a little more fussy. Possibly a syncing issue more than bugs?

Don't let this one pass you by if you like weird and wonderful games it is worth every penny:D
  3. May 6, 2013
    One of the best games I've played in years! The game play is delicious and unique, the art is so weird and crazy it will blow your mind, and the epic story will blow whatever remains of you're mind. Oh, not to mention the amazing sound track!
  4. May 7, 2013
    a well written story. beautiful visuals, and unique game play. includes multilayer now. Music reminds me a lot of the finial fantasies before 10. This is a unique game, that improves a lot from the first one. However, it is a unique game, and i recommend demoing the first one if you are not familiar with Zeno clash, as it may be too weird for some. It includes one of the most unique game play mechanics i have ever seen, a weapon that depends on the position of the sun or the moon, meaning that this games day/night cycle is an important part of the mechanic and fighting!!! Expand
  5. May 5, 2013
    Don't listen to the "professional" reviews. This is a fantastic game that's only a little rough in a handful of spots. The combat is satisfying, the characters and lore of the game's universe are both substantially expanded from the first game, and co-op with a buddy makes it easy to ignore any minor (current) issues with the game.

As always, ACE Team intends to devote months and months
    of support for the title in the form of patches AND new content down the road, all for free!

It's despicable how publications like IGN give this a middling score and yet every rehashed COD game (w/ 6 or 7 multiplayer maps & a 5 hour singleplayer) is always guaranteed at least a 9 every year. Could it have something to do with Atlus not "buying ads" for their site and other gaming sites like it? I wouldn't doubt it one bit.
  6. May 5, 2013
    The epitome of innovation, art, and style.

To anyone one on the fence that isn't afraid of trying something new I implore you to try out Zeno Clash. There is absolutely nothing like it. The fact that people have to reach as far as the melee in Condemned or Chronicles of Riddick to describe what kind of game it is is self-explanatory on the unique flavor the game brings. It's nothing
    like those (apart from punching) either.

It's a shame that reviewers do not realize or emphasize on that point. Not only is it something brand new; it's done very, very well. The work presented (especially in Zeno Clash 2) seems to have more work put into it than many AAA studios are able to put in. And this is only at $20, another point reviewers seem to forget. There are hundreds of different Characters you encounter that add a spice of life and immersion. From complete and awe-inducing variation of environments to unique weapons and abilities never thought of before, it's something I wish more studios would at least take a little inspiration from.

The lore and story are destined to be a cult classic. Zeno Clash 1 creates many questions. Zeno Clash 2 answers them and leaves more. At face value it seems to be intelligible with no depth. You need to pry it open to realize exactly how much was put into it. The dialogue (Especially among Zenozoiks) is cryptic yet simple for a reason. Many are plagued with habits, deformities, and behavior that can be understood at least on a basic level.

Please, please, PLEASE support this kind of innovative entertainment from a company like this. It pains me to see the poor reception and likely lack of sales from them when it feels like they are focusing on the game entirely wrong. Technical aspects are talked about and quite frankly are poorly researched. Complaints of locking on, when the option to do it automatically can be turned off. The AI fits the behavior of the world. Sometimes hitting eachother to get them out of the way, but also working together enough to put up a fight. It honestly doesn't feel broken or bad as some reviews have stated. It feels real and the feedback of fighting is fantastic.

Anyone who has capability to understand what a game is portraying and looking beyond the face-value mechanics will find this game beyond exceptional. If you're the type of gamer who simply wants to play another game to waste time and kill things, ignore story and message, and rush through things then please save it. Your criticism is drawing away from those who will have one of the best gaming experiences in a long time.
  7. Jul 21, 2013
    Really unique game, and a helluva good time if you know what you're doing. It seems like a lot of "professional" critics couldn't figure out how to string along a decent combo and use the space to move around, i.e. sucked at the game and got mad, subsequently punishing the game for actually requiring a neuron or two to generate a spark by giving them an "OK" score. This game is far from OK. This game is symbolic of the unperturbed vision an artist conceives. It represents the hard work and dedication of artists trusting in the purity of that vision and following through on it.

What you get is an incredibly fun, simple game with a decent amount of depth, and amazing ambience, all for 20 bucks. Oh and I forgot to mention, it's open world. A simple open world, but still breathtaking in places, with plenty of little nooks and crannys to hide things.

Be warned, the game is a trip
  8. Jul 30, 2013
    Outstanding visuals, strange and beautiful world, great music, well-written plot and never-getting-old face punching what else can you wish from a game of that kind? Not for those who like non-stop action, certainly, but if you like to dive into the game's atmosphere and seek something strange and unusual you will definitely love this game.
  9. Jun 23, 2013
    Great game to blaze up to and get completely lost in. Scope is much larger than the first game. Combat can get a bit repetitive, and the game could use more combos, counters, move sets, etc, but other than that, recommended!
  10. May 1, 2013
    If you liked the first one, you will LOVE Zeno Clash 2. It has more of the good stuff and the less good stuff (combat) has been considerably refined, although if you didn't care about all the art and story in the first one, you probably won't find much here to like either.

This time the world is actually open, with day/night cycle and lots of things about the nature of Zenozoik and its
    inhabitants are revealed, so if you're fan, this is going to be just as great adventure as the first one and I really wonder where ACE could go with the third one, because this level of epicness may not be sustainable, given the circumstances. Combat is no longer frustrating, but I woldn't call it great either. There are collectbles with rewards, stats to upgrade, some (very simple) puzzles to solve and more. I did encounter a few bugs, but none of them were gamebreaking. ZC2 could still use some more polish, but does not really need it. Expand
  11. Jun 26, 2013
    Awesome game, even better since they added open world. You can tell the developers really care about the happiness of their fans, as they've systematically addressed almost every common complaint from Zeno Clash 1.
  12. May 2, 2013
    The main problem with this game is that it feels like a beta. There are many glitches (most annoying being the map telling you to go to the wrong places for quests), and some sequences feel clunky, like many of the melee combos. I didn't let that get to me though. Battles are still lots of fun, and better than they were in the original(less tedious feeling). The story of Zeno Clash gets exponentially better as you progress through the game, which really helped drive me to finish the game in one sitting as I did. The open world environment isn't as open I interpreted from ACE's booth at E3. My best comparison would be that it is about as open as any of the 3D "Legend of Zelda" titles. Zeno Clash 2 has a way of fast-traveling though, so you don't have to run through half of Zenozoik just to get into town. The campaign is around 2x~ larger than the first, and paces itself just right to keep you going. The visuals are about the same quality as Skyrim, but the art style makes very beautiful levels, not as boring as Skyrim's half-forest-half-mountain environment, which barely ever changes outside. The shadows are very good and the day-night system is fun to see. Being a huge fan of Zeno Clash 1, and having waited for this game some time, I have to say I am not at all dissapointed. The developers stayed true to the original and didn't try to completely mess with the feel of the series (Portal 1 to Portal 2). I do not regret getting this game. If you liked the original, just get it now. If you're a skeptical RPGamer, buy it on sale or wait for a few bug fixes. Expand
  13. Aug 16, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Better in an every way than the first game. Better interface, better controls, better fight system (it's not a clusterf*ck anymore), underpowered fire weapons (finaly!!!). The plot is more about the world which is even more amazing and surprising. Great side missions (moth collector). Much better engine than valve's, which grew old very fast.
  14. Aug 1, 2013
    The bizarre Story of ZC is finally continued.
    The iconic gameplay is still there, as it was in the original, fueling the whole game and making every fight feel fresh and challenging the visuals are excellent. The RPG elements feel out of place to me and I'd prefer a linear game to the open world game, although that’s a personal preference.
    Critique:
    - Sound Design was pretty bad

-Having your allies disappear for travel sequences and magically reappear on cut scenes, was just poorly designed
    -Ambient Occlusion is under sampled and/or badly filtered, no options to change it, resulting in a lot of AO flicker here and there (PC, minor complaint)
    The first ZC was a completely new and very underrated experience. The second can’t quite live up to the original and the story is VERY hard to pick up, when you missed out on the original.
    I say:
    Play the original, and then buy this one.
    Either way, to me, this was a very good game.

1. Aug 25, 2013
    Zeno Clash II, like the original, is an interesting game. It falls slightly flat in the gameplay, but it's largely balanced by the world being so damn interesting to experience and wander around in.
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    Confusing, disoriented, and with less focus on the crisp Faust ballet.
    A surrealistic action game is extended, with freedom of movement. However, it has lost its ability to hide the flaws. Zeno Clash II knows how to entertain, but at the same time it's terribly stupid. [Issue#231]