All-Star Baseball 2003 PlayStation 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Great game.
  2. TysonB.
    Feb 12, 2004
    All star baseball 2003 has the exactly the same features as in All star baseball 2002. I want some new features and gameplay.
  3. MattC.
    Sep 18, 2002
    If you are a skilled gamer who likes realism you will love this game. It is deep and gets better the more you play it. It has some options that REALLY help you adjust the game to the level of realism you want. Not for fans of "Arcadish" sports games.
  4. TommyF.
    Jul 8, 2002
    This is by far the best baseball game I have ever played. The only gripe I have about this is that no matter what difficulty setting you are on I always end up hitting at least one home run a game, I have had many 5 or 6 HR games a season.
  5. RickL.
    Jun 12, 2002
    A great effort, although I agree that the starting pitchers tire too quickly. Also, the ambient sounds of the stadium and the crowd could look better. The graphic player models are good and the most fluid I've seen, but the stadiums could look much better somehow. Regarding the length of games or slowness of gameplay -Baseball is a sloooow, BORING game. Get over it people. If you A great effort, although I agree that the starting pitchers tire too quickly. Also, the ambient sounds of the stadium and the crowd could look better. The graphic player models are good and the most fluid I've seen, but the stadiums could look much better somehow. Regarding the length of games or slowness of gameplay -Baseball is a sloooow, BORING game. Get over it people. If you want something faster, play a different game, 'cause that's a lame criticism. FYI - golf is a slow game too, so you may want to avoid that genre. Expand
  6. JasonC.
    Jun 1, 2002
    The graphics are great and franchise mode is a blast, but the gameplay is slow. The most irritating thing is that starting pitchers tire way to quickly. I have counted pitches and starters get worn out after only 30 or 40 pitches. The Yankees are impossible to beat even though they don't have any great players. Other than that the game is fun and is the best out there right now. I The graphics are great and franchise mode is a blast, but the gameplay is slow. The most irritating thing is that starting pitchers tire way to quickly. I have counted pitches and starters get worn out after only 30 or 40 pitches. The Yankees are impossible to beat even though they don't have any great players. Other than that the game is fun and is the best out there right now. I have always been a Triple Play fan but this game took me away. Expand
  7. RyanF.
    Apr 16, 2002
    I have played all of the newest baseball games out this year and this tops all of them. The best thing about the game is the expansion teams. It has a huge variety of cities and makes the game a challenge winning with B- and C+ players. That is one of the bad points besides no muti-player franchise, is the fact of letter grades. More detail is related in a numerical system used in your I have played all of the newest baseball games out this year and this tops all of them. The best thing about the game is the expansion teams. It has a huge variety of cities and makes the game a challenge winning with B- and C+ players. That is one of the bad points besides no muti-player franchise, is the fact of letter grades. More detail is related in a numerical system used in your John Maddens. I am a big EA Sports guy and have always been a Triple Play guy but now it has been toped. The slow game play tends to get long but the game play makes up for it. As you play you will get better and you really have to. Playing in Rookie mode you can tend to get your butt whiped up off the field. Graphics and movements of the players is the best I have seem yet. 10 but the speed and muti-player options brings me down to a 9. Expand
  8. AndrewC.
    Apr 14, 2002
    Actually, it's an 8.5, but it rounds up. This is the best baseball game out there for the PS2, and, aside from the not-needed card points mode and choppy fielding, it's utterly incredible.
  9. MattM
    Apr 13, 2002
    This game is the best baseball game out right now. I read some users saying the gameplay is slow, well, baseball is slow in real life, so it's an excellent representation of that. The only problems I see are the lack of multiple users in Franchise mode, and sometimes the fielding is a little off. You can get used to the hitting once you play a few games, but overall this is a great game.
  10. JayF.
    Apr 1, 2002
    Graphics are great but, no-one can beat the Yankees, I lost after leading by 8 going into the ninth, some of it gets ridiculous, and is it necessary to only be able to play 9 innings I like a choice, overall a rental, and wheres the celebration for winning the series, thats a big let down as well.
  11. AaronS.
    Mar 30, 2002
    The franchise mode is the only reason I'd ever play this game again. The gameplay makes me fall asleep. Can a game take longer? Also, the lack of bullpen skill really gets annoying. Mariano Rivera blew five five+ run leads in the ninth (COME ON!) This is game is fun if you're the type that would rather be the GM than the player. Other than that, play Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB The franchise mode is the only reason I'd ever play this game again. The gameplay makes me fall asleep. Can a game take longer? Also, the lack of bullpen skill really gets annoying. Mariano Rivera blew five five+ run leads in the ninth (COME ON!) This is game is fun if you're the type that would rather be the GM than the player. Other than that, play Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB for Super Nintendo instead-SERIOUSLY! Expand
  12. MarkH.
    Mar 11, 2002
    Very flashy, with a ton of features -- but the gameplay is s-l-o-o-o-o-w (and for that matter, BORING).

#70 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002

1. The gameplay really hampers the overall score of the game and probably prevents it from achieving what it is capable of.
  2. It's a more in-depth game than High Heat, which is why All Star moves slower and the games seem longer.
  3. All-Star Baseball 2003 has High Heat 2003 licked where graphics are concerned, and the inclusion of the franchise mode makes Acclaim's hardball simulation all the more enticing--[but] you can't go wrong buying either one.