All-Star Baseball 2005 PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Acclaim
  • Release Date: Apr 8, 2004

1. MetaphorX
    Apr 21, 2004
    ASB2K5 is a grand slam! If you want cartoony garphics/gameplay get MVP. If you live for baseball, and want great graphics/gameplay get ASB2K5.
  2. KlajdiD.
    Apr 4, 2004
    A great baseball game.
  3. Anaik
    Nov 1, 2004
    This game is the best! The graphics are off the charts, and it is so realistic. They have they current baseball players to date and fantasy draft is the best, picking the best of the best! That is why I gave this game a 10!
  4. AlexC.
    Mar 23, 2004
    Best baseball game i've ever played.
  5. Vince
    Apr 11, 2004
    Awesome game. i played all star 2004 and i was waiting for this one, i wasn't disappointed. BEST BASEBALL GAME EVER!!
  6. BobD.
    Jul 5, 2004
    This game is the best and most realistic game I have played.
  7. AlexG.
    May 8, 2005
    Best game ever made for baseball I think. Everyone should have this game in thier collection.
  8. JoshuaD.
    Mar 28, 2004
    I had played ASB 2004 and i loved it so i pre ordered this game. I love making expasion teams on Asb 2004. SO I CAN"T WAIT!
  9. JoshuaD.
    Mar 28, 2004
  10. KennyR.
    Aug 12, 2006
    Great game, very realistic and among all the other baseball games I've played, this is my favorite. The only thing I don't like about it is that players can't be traded unless it is played in season mode. I hope acclaim releases a new version as soon as possible.
  11. Jerry
    Aug 16, 2004
    All-star Baseball 2005 is a great game to add to your collection. The indepth franchise mode is more hands on then other games. This game also allows you to relive your favorite games in This Week In Baseball mode. But there are some down sides like Barry Bonds, he isn't in the game. But over all i find this game a true game that can be played for a long time.
  12. DanF.
    Feb 18, 2004
    I have been loyal All-Star Baseball Fan since the makings of the first. The 2005 version looks and sounds fantastic. From the great facial graphics to being the only baseball game with the "create-a-team/expansion" mode. If your a baseball fan you'll be a fan of this game.
  13. BillyR.
    Mar 22, 2004
    asb 2005 really improved its graphics as well as the minor glitches they had in the past. the fieldercam is wonderful, and so are all of the added motion captured pitching and batting stances too.
  14. TysonB.
    Feb 12, 2004
    Finally, the all star baseball series makes a comeback. With all new features, new graphics, and new gameplay all star baseball 2005 will rise itself to the limit whenever it comes out.
  15. Chuck
    Apr 13, 2004
    I thought the game was horrible. The fielder cam was stupid and you will be chasing balls all over the place. The batting and pitching experiences are nothing like MVP 2004. Also the Franchise mode is nowhere near as good as MVP 2004.
  16. JohnnyU.
    Apr 13, 2004
    I thought this game was the worst.

#56 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

1. It's not as user friendly as MVP, nor is it as realistic as ESPN. Still, it's a worthwhile purchase if you like simming games and take on the front office duties.
  2. All-Star Baseball 2005 may get the job done, but in a season as long as baseball’s, you’ve got to have that special something to keep you motivated, and unfortunately, this game just doesn’t have it.
  3. The core mechanics are solid, and the addition of true online play is a compelling selling point.