• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Aug 19, 2003
7.0

1. RichardB.
    Jan 7, 2007
    The background might be generic and the voice acting might not be all that, but the gameplay is the star of this game and holds up really well. Bits of platforming are mixed in with large dosages of frantic combat, involving the use of 3 very distinct forms that you'll have to master to achieve victory. The game's fun and exciting combat and suprisingly solid story are enough to The background might be generic and the voice acting might not be all that, but the gameplay is the star of this game and holds up really well. Bits of platforming are mixed in with large dosages of frantic combat, involving the use of 3 very distinct forms that you'll have to master to achieve victory. The game's fun and exciting combat and suprisingly solid story are enough to recommend this game, despite its technical flaws. Collapse
  2. PaulK.
    Oct 17, 2003
    Graphics may get a little old and confusing at times, but morphing ability allows for a much better gameplay. I would never buy this game but renting is a great idea for so quality time with your PS2.
  3. AndrewW.
    Dec 31, 2003
    Personally I thought the game was AWESOME! The graphics are okay. But I think they could use some work, the story line however was really well thought out and I enjoyed it.
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    All I can say about this game is that it is incredibly average. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since the game comes across as harmless, but it's not a compliment either. It has a nice atmosphere, but the story and the gameplay are just kinda weak. If you stumble upon it for less than $10 at the game store then go ahead and pick it up. But it's only worth going out of your way to findAll I can say about this game is that it is incredibly average. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since the game comes across as harmless, but it's not a compliment either. It has a nice atmosphere, but the story and the gameplay are just kinda weak. If you stumble upon it for less than $10 at the game store then go ahead and pick it up. But it's only worth going out of your way to find it if you're a PS2 game collector. Expand
  5. Apr 30, 2013
    I wish there was a more creative way to say that this game is just boring. Got it for a bargain without expecting much of anything and discovered it was just mediocre. Bad games are one thing--they have the potential to be funny--but mediocre games just have meh structure, meh stories, meh characters, and meh gameplay. But, it is playable, so I'll grant it that.

1. There's a fine line between graphic artistry and immaturity, and while Alter Echo makes an attempt at the former, it probably falls into the latter. The hues are creative enough, and the faux-naturelle structures suitably curled and alien but perhaps the real problem is that a world made from plastic would look as dull as it sounds. [Nov 2003, p.109]
  2. You'll never get lost instantly die from misjudged jumps, or have to play through difficult parts ten times over. Consequently, it's also a little too easy. [Oct 2003, p.135]
  3. There's an abundance of camera problems and the enemy AI is dumb as a doornail. [Oct 2003, p.38]