• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jun 30, 2003
8.3

1. JakeW.
    Jul 24, 2006
    A great game. Me and my mates spent hours on it!
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    WHERE IS NUMBER 4??? This game series is loved, sells good and such. But this is so far the last made. What is sony thinking? They made this year ape escape move which is a horrible game. Where is number 4??? i would buy it in a heart beat!
  3. ComicBookGuyX
    Jul 18, 2003
    Worst...game...ever!
  4. Spike
    Jun 6, 2004
    Excellant game. And its great for kids! I highly recommend it! Hours of fun and very funny scenes.
  5. BobB.
    Jun 30, 2003
    This game is an improvement, although not what i expected, but is a definite buy this year.
  6. BrennanL.
    Jun 30, 2003
    MONKEYS IN PANTS!!FUNNY!!BUY NOW!!EEE-EEE OOHH-OOHH AH! Though Pipochi is a useless sidekick and it's too much like the first Ape Escape but WHO CARES BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. CarlN.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Ape Escape 2 is without question the best platformer on the Playstation/PS2 pronto! Ok, it has not lovely graphics like JakII or Ratchet and Clank, and it is not a big improvment since the first one, so it doesnt get a clean 10'r. -BUT it is funny, it gives you a fare challenge without beeing annoying, and the control is exellent!! Top that with three great two player mini-games that Ape Escape 2 is without question the best platformer on the Playstation/PS2 pronto! Ok, it has not lovely graphics like JakII or Ratchet and Clank, and it is not a big improvment since the first one, so it doesnt get a clean 10'r. -BUT it is funny, it gives you a fare challenge without beeing annoying, and the control is exellent!! Top that with three great two player mini-games that put the mighty 'mario-party' to shame! Highly recommended! Collapse
  8. MarkS.
    Jun 27, 2003
    Way better than the first, which was an awesome game itself. Not much different, yet it still has appeal. Go out and buy it now!
  9. PeterH.
    Jul 15, 2003
    Wow this game is awesome as far as i'm concerned. I just have one problem and its not a big one but in my eyes it's just too short in a single day I had caught all the monkeys thats 300 people. And don't think it was easy. Sure I was a shut in for a whole day but I soon realized that this game has time trials and apparently a hard mode. So now I'm trying to finish the Wow this game is awesome as far as i'm concerned. I just have one problem and its not a big one but in my eyes it's just too short in a single day I had caught all the monkeys thats 300 people. And don't think it was easy. Sure I was a shut in for a whole day but I soon realized that this game has time trials and apparently a hard mode. So now I'm trying to finish the time trials and there goes another day. Then i tried to tackle the hard mode and got my butt kicked by a monkey with a machine gun. this a much deeper and more entertaining game than i had originally thought it to be this is a definite buy if you feel pride in finishing a game 100%. Expand
  10. KyleB.
    Jul 5, 2003
    This game is simply the fun you can stand. Only downside is that it's not offered on the xbox.
  11. SonicO.
    Aug 20, 2003
    I remember a long time ago Ape Escape was my fave game ever! I played it everyday even though I already got all the monkeys ;) But when I got Ape Escape 2 on the very first day it came out my eyes boomed! Me and my bro play it all the time cuz I want to get Spike and beat the extra boss when you get all of the monkeys!
  12. BillyC.
    Nov 27, 2003
    This game sucks who would play a game that has a lot of monkeys in it and one monkey is evil. the graphics suck the fiction is way to high the game is only for little children like toddlers.
  13. Monsta666
    May 14, 2003
    The graphics are defintely better than the last one and the extra gadgets are pretty cool along with the new features. The sub games are much better than the first. Monkey football is probably just as or even more fun than the game itself!
  14. NickV.
    Jul 11, 2003
    Good game some pretty creative characters and gadgets and it is good to see a game that does not sell out to all the systems and stays only on the Ps2 like GTA.

1. While the game is still good fun, its kid-friendly finish and slightly dated graphics make less of an impact than it might have if released a year ago. [July 2003, p.79]
  2. A solid platform game through and through. Simply put, Ape Escape 2 is worth going bananas over.
    More than anything, the inescapable level of addiction in COLLECTING monkeys is the overriding reason to not just rent, but to buy and cherish this game.