Arctic Thunder PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 17, 2001
5.3

1. KirkL.
    Jan 5, 2007
    Hours of family fun with Artic Thunder. Game has several features that provide action throughout every race. Our whole family plays it and have gotten several hours of great times.
  2. TysonB.
    Feb 12, 2004
    Unfortunately Arctic Thunder's controls are poor, the graphics aren't as sharp as most games,and without some pretty heavy competition this game fails to give it that snowmobile feeling.
  3. AyaneandDana
    Jul 21, 2002
    Ayane: I give it a 0. It's too painful to even play it. It takes five minutes for it to bore you to death. To me, the concept is just like Crash Team Racing on Ice. Dana: It gets a zero. The gameplay is so quick you wouldn't even know if you raced or not. It takes no skill. Arctic Thunder... I'm surprised it even made a metascore of 49!!!
  4. KittyN.
    May 5, 2002
    Arctic Thunder for PS2 could've been so much BETTER. I mean, it's even kind of stupid when you play it in the arcade. For one, the graphics SUCK. They barely surpass those of the PSone. The races are too fast- you're in and out of them in like 70 seconds. Did I mention this game is all about luck? You don't even need any skill to play it. I was being nice with my Arctic Thunder for PS2 could've been so much BETTER. I mean, it's even kind of stupid when you play it in the arcade. For one, the graphics SUCK. They barely surpass those of the PSone. The races are too fast- you're in and out of them in like 70 seconds. Did I mention this game is all about luck? You don't even need any skill to play it. I was being nice with my rating; should've given it ZERO! Expand
  5. Bendover
    Apr 16, 2002
    Horrible, utterly stupid, leave it to midway to screw up a game.
  6. GregM.
    Dec 31, 2001
    While not terribly complex, loads of action and fun for the whole family...beginners and experienced players can share the course and excitement of opening new characters and tracks.

#82 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#49 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

While not terribly complex, the racing itself makes for excellent fun, and the intricacies and unlockable features are more than enough here to keep you coming back for more.
  2. Game Informer
    The game is nothing but an exercise in pressing X at the right time. [Nov 2001, p.110]
    It seemed like Midway wanted EVERYONE, no matter how bad they are, to be in the race. This might appeal to those who aren’t really good at this game, but it just takes away any skill needed to be a good racer and almost leaves it to blind and random luck.