9.0

1. RodneyN.
    Sep 27, 2001
    I am a huge fan of Armored Core 2, and an even bigger fan this new installment. Although it lacks the arena mode, and really doens't have a story line, the improved resolution, larger more detailed levels, new inovative parts, and 100+ missions help htis game out tremindously. The mission variety is greater, and the response time is a lot better this time around as well. You can also I am a huge fan of Armored Core 2, and an even bigger fan this new installment. Although it lacks the arena mode, and really doens't have a story line, the improved resolution, larger more detailed levels, new inovative parts, and 100+ missions help htis game out tremindously. The mission variety is greater, and the response time is a lot better this time around as well. You can also use the anolong sticks too. But the one thing that keeps me and my friends addicted to this game is the 2 player co-op mode. Now thats what this series needed. It's a shame they took out the on-line aspect of it. Collapse
  2. TrevorW.
    Sep 1, 2001
    I haven't played this game yet and i usually don't rate them until I do, but based on how much I liked "Armored Core 2" and all the screenshots I've seen it should be an extremely good game.
  3. BlakeH.
    Oct 14, 2001
    I don't rate games by how much they improve from the prequel. If you haven't bought this game yet, it's a MUST have for your PS2 library.
  4. LukeSky
    Nov 4, 2001
    It's a must have for PS2. It keeps you coming back for more. And you get so many weapons to choose from. It's a must have for PS2.
  5. HairyJ.
    Sep 15, 2001
    No arena but good assembly.
  6. NeverEnder
    Sep 30, 2001
    It's nuts, the graphics, the play time, the all in all difficulty of the missions. The new parts are great, but the "no arena" part deducts a lot from the game.
  7. JimD.
    May 1, 2002
    Exquisite graphics and gameplay. May have some competition from AC3, though.
  8. DanielR.
    Jan 29, 2002
    I've played the game before and its the greatest game yet. You haven't played a good game till you play AC2.
    Apr 8, 2002
    Great maneuverability.
  10. PeterG.
    Oct 13, 2005
    Phookin amazing game(best levels are at the end at the lost island.
  11. OleChristianH.
    Nov 2, 2001
    I think this game is awesome! I play ac2 all the time and and I cant wait to ac2:aa comes to Norway!!!
  12. MatthewM.
    Dec 1, 2001
    The best AC game yet! The story isn't as great as AC2, but AA offers even more parts and lots more missions than AC2. VS Missions are great, too! Now if the linked internet VS had only worked...
  13. EverettH.
    Oct 26, 2001
    The Armored Core series has always kicked major @$$, but this one is easily the best. Finally a game that allows as much BUILDING and CUSTOMIZATION as outright FIGHTING.
  14. TidusC.
    Jan 9, 2002
    The game is mainly just blowing up things and buying parts to blow it up faster, it's a must have for a hardcore action video game fan.
  15. GarretM.
    May 16, 2002
    W00t.. exactly what i'm looking for: more advanced (harder) combat. AC2 was a piece of cake, I'm glad AA was quite a bit harder. Can't wait for AC3 either :). This expansion has some realy pretty parts too (Example the ARROW legs are sweet - minus the fact it's end-game ONLY [overweight ACs]).
  16. JoeJ.
    May 17, 2002
    So far it's the best armored core around.
  17. QuentinV.
    Apr 7, 2003
    Very, very good RPG. One of the very few games in sony that can compare to Final Fantasy, but of course Final Fantasy will always be the best. But this is still an excellent mech game.
  18. AndrewG.
    Dec 30, 2001
    I gave it a 9 because it adds more to the series but removes the arena but adds more missions. It is definitely a really good expansion but only for the hardcore AC fans like me.
  19. SimonH.
    Nov 25, 2002
    Finally! i had to wait a year for armoured core2 and heard nothing of this one so im dead pleased its out just been to buy it (im at college) and cant wait to play it. Yes i know i havent played it yet but I've played enouph armoured core games to know this will be a great game!
  20. WesleyW.
    Dec 31, 2001
    I just got the game and played it and I say 9btob10 it is great!

Don’t enter Another Age expecting a full-fledged sequel to Agetec’s giant-robot fighting franchise. This AC2 expansion pack adds about 100 missions and new multiplayer options…but not a whole lot more.
  2. If you've seen one Armored Core title, you've seen them all. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. This is easily the best of the bunch.
  3. Palpably incomplete…[yet] the deepest mech game yet made for a console. [Nov 2001, p.100]