Asterix & Obelix: Kick Buttix PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 14, 2004
7.3

1. KarenK.
    Sep 26, 2004
    For a new game that is only priced at $19.99, it is a good value. The fighting is rewarding and the content is suitable for kids (which is a nice change). It is not so hard that you will give up (hey all of us aren't game pros!). For just clean fun at a reasonbale price it is worth it!
  2. JennC.
    Apr 17, 2005
    If your an Asterix fan you'll love it, I know I do. It is not for the advanced gamer, but most of us are just average and this is a good game that you don't have to worry about turning off if someone younger comes in the room.
  3. Yenia
    Jan 9, 2005
    Brought back a lot of good memories.
  4. LeonardoA.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I am a kind of advanced gamer, and have interest only in serious games, like Half-Life 2 and Bioshock.Anyway, that game shows me that even cartoon-based games can really be amazing and funny.Without of doubt, this game should receive a prize.Serious.It is a king of challenge, there are many puzzles to solve and, of cource, tons of enemy's to defeat.I standed hours in the front of the I am a kind of advanced gamer, and have interest only in serious games, like Half-Life 2 and Bioshock.Anyway, that game shows me that even cartoon-based games can really be amazing and funny.Without of doubt, this game should receive a prize.Serious.It is a king of challenge, there are many puzzles to solve and, of cource, tons of enemy's to defeat.I standed hours in the front of the PS2 playing it, and even now i want to play it again. Expand

1. I can't let my desire to root for an underdog discount the fact that this game is really nothing special. [Sept 2004, p.111]
    With graphics and audio that feel at least five years old and a clunky combo system that are all easily ignored, the puzzles and size of the game are what really make up the overall experience. The gameplay is decent, but just barely.
  3. This budget platformer's few interesting ideas are submerged under its litany of half measures and conventionalities, which include an outdated graphics engine, relentlessly boring level design, and heaps of sterilized button mashing.