Atari Anthology PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Nov 22, 2004
4.3

1. StephenC.
    Dec 28, 2004
    This Game Represents how far Atari has been over the ages. I remember playing the orignal games for 25 Cents at the Arcades when I was small. This game is a lot, and I mean a lot of money ($20) for you to be playing the games that would cost 25 Cents A Long Time Ago. This Game would be great if it had all new or revised editions of the games. And what is with the "Constellations" It is all cr*p.
  2. Oct 5, 2014
    A wonderful display of bringing old games to disc for people to enjoy again. If you enjoy any old games on the Atari this is the game for you to play those games again.

1. The first console software package to offer these games since they originally appeared on the 2600, so in a way it represents history itself. The arcade games also offer some of the best play experiences from the days when arcades were king. It's a great package that should be in any serious gamer's collection.
  2. Game Informer
    I'm really pleased to see the inclusion of a good selection of original arcade ports as well. [Jan 2005, p.119]
    Activision Anthology, with its 80s bedroom and stacks of selectable cartridges, got it right, and it's more than just a little disappointing to see Atari lift Activision's namesake but not the fantastic retro presentation it created for its own collection.