• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 5, 2001
8.4

1. KevinB.
    Sep 28, 2002
    This is the best game ever.
  2. ReidL.
    Dec 23, 2001
    One of the best games i have ever played.
  3. JustinD.
    Jun 15, 2001
    It's really good.
  4. Luke
    Jan 15, 2004
    This game rocks.
  5. Quadgirl
    Jan 13, 2003
    I like the 4 wheelin action.
  6. TylerK.
    May 4, 2002
    Worst game ever.
  7. ShaneK.
    Oct 27, 2002
    omg, this is the best 4x4 game i have ever played. the graphics are simply amazing. the variety of 4 wheelers on the game are great. I highly recommend to pick up a copy of this game.
  8. ZiggyStardust
    May 10, 2002
    Watching your rider fly off his ATV and tumble down a cliff or get run over by the pack is a lot of fun. This game reminds me a lot of smugglers run, although not quite as good. Here are the problems. (1)The computer AI cheats while racing. They speed up when behind and slow down when ahead of you. I absolutely HATE this feature. What's the point of competing if it doesn't Watching your rider fly off his ATV and tumble down a cliff or get run over by the pack is a lot of fun. This game reminds me a lot of smugglers run, although not quite as good. Here are the problems. (1)The computer AI cheats while racing. They speed up when behind and slow down when ahead of you. I absolutely HATE this feature. What's the point of competing if it doesn't matter if you race well or poorly? It only matters how well you race after the final turn. I can't overstate how bad this makes 1 player play. This isn't the sort of minor cheating that the computer drivers did in the classic mario kart for snes. it is so much more noticeable and annoying. (2)the camera view during gameplay is super far back, and you can't see the action that well. (3)the sound is pretty boring except for the music.
    (4)there is no point in doing tricks, it just slows ya down during the race.
  9. BOBburnquist
    Jul 30, 2002
    Hey hey hey wassup peeps?
  10. TimoL.
    May 1, 2003
    This game is da bomb. its crazy as hell if you dont play it you should.
  11. VinnyB
    Oct 12, 2002
    I love this game. plus the music kicks ass.
  12. Hawk7886
    Oct 30, 2003
    This is the best ATV game ever! The contols are crisp, and the music kicks ass!
  13. TylerS.
    Dec 1, 2001
    I love this game.
    Dec 20, 2002
    AWESOME!!!!!!
  15. Preston
    Jul 29, 2002
    This game rocks! All of the four wheelers have perfect detail. They respond to movement just like in real life. The only thing about it is that the 300ex is faster than the 400ex, that sucks.
  16. B.S.
    Sep 24, 2002
    The contolle sucks! I mean it's good but the stupid camera just confuses you it gets one point for graphics. tricks suck and slow you down. I hate invisible walls put in some trees, steep hills mini fences anything but those stupid invisy wall! some of the couses confuse you on were to go and when you crash your dead last. Not worth the insane price of 5.99 to rent ethier.
  17. JonathonA.
    Apr 22, 2003
    This game is not what i thouht it was but it is o.k. the music in this game rocks.
  18. MattB.
    May 12, 2003
    This game is great! You can race against the computer in Maxxis, or just ride the mountains in Freestyle, or you can go checkpoint to checkpoint. I love riding four wheelers and I know how they ride, and this game is very realistic! pull back to pop a wheelie, pull back and forward when you hit a jump, the tricks are done in real life, it all works out to make one Hell of a game! I prefer This game is great! You can race against the computer in Maxxis, or just ride the mountains in Freestyle, or you can go checkpoint to checkpoint. I love riding four wheelers and I know how they ride, and this game is very realistic! pull back to pop a wheelie, pull back and forward when you hit a jump, the tricks are done in real life, it all works out to make one Hell of a game! I prefer this game to any one who likes having fun, and loves Zero Gravity. Well keep it up metacritic! Expand
  19. GlenA.
    May 19, 2003
    It is aming game i love it it wkd.
  20. BobbyG.
    Jul 8, 2003
    It could be a little bit more exciting and better graphics.
  21. DerekB.
    Nov 5, 2002
    It's awesome. love the quads and the reailistics like the first on and know four player cant beat it.
  22. BlitzkriegS.
    May 18, 2002
    The game is extremely smooth, and the courses are gigantic for a racing game. It's true to its name (offroad) for the most part, until you're playing one-player. It's one of those games like Tony Hawk, that's more fun if you have friends over to play with. The game's multi-player free ride option is probably the most fun, sure the tricks don't get you The game is extremely smooth, and the courses are gigantic for a racing game. It's true to its name (offroad) for the most part, until you're playing one-player. It's one of those games like Tony Hawk, that's more fun if you have friends over to play with. The game's multi-player free ride option is probably the most fun, sure the tricks don't get you anything, but the game is relatively versatile so you can make up stuff as you go along, like I dunno, playing tag or something, just !@#$ around, the game's very fun if you're just !@#$ing around... lol... Seriously, though... It is... =) I don't know why anyone with friends would ever say it's a bad game, it doesn't bet boring with people around you playing it with you until you've played it for about 4-6 hours straight, which isn't a logical amount of time to be playing the same game for that long, so don't worry about it getting boring... there's always something to do, I like it... Oh, and Vanilla coke sucks... yep, it does... Expand
  23. SalC.
    Sep 22, 2002
    Love the detail!!
  26. MichaelP.
    Feb 18, 2003
    I have not played the game yet but i have heard some of my friends say how good but i have the first one and its kicks ass so for now i'm goning to rate this a 5.
  27. TravisB.
    Feb 27, 2003
    Your game is awesome. Keep up the good sh.t.
  28. Jun 9, 2011
    Ten years has passed since the release of this cool racing, and tho, its still freaking fun. Just another reason to still have a PS2, don't trow it away.

1. A great game for any console, with fun control and a variety of options that will keep players coming back for more.
  2. The game's arcade feel may discourage those looking for an off-road racing sim, but most everyone else will find it to be a fun pick up and play game.
  3. The graphics are solid, the gameplay is grand, and the possible parties are limitless.