ATV Offroad Fury PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Feb 5, 2001
8.4

1. MichaelP.
    Feb 18, 2003
    I have not played the game yet but i have heard some of my friends say how good but i have the first one and its kicks ass so for now i'm goning to rate this a 5.
  2. ZiggyStardust
    May 10, 2002
    Watching your rider fly off his ATV and tumble down a cliff or get run over by the pack is a lot of fun. This game reminds me a lot of smugglers run, although not quite as good. Here are the problems. (1)The computer AI cheats while racing. They speed up when behind and slow down when ahead of you. I absolutely HATE this feature. What's the point of competing if it doesn't Watching your rider fly off his ATV and tumble down a cliff or get run over by the pack is a lot of fun. This game reminds me a lot of smugglers run, although not quite as good. Here are the problems. (1)The computer AI cheats while racing. They speed up when behind and slow down when ahead of you. I absolutely HATE this feature. What's the point of competing if it doesn't matter if you race well or poorly? It only matters how well you race after the final turn. I can't overstate how bad this makes 1 player play. This isn't the sort of minor cheating that the computer drivers did in the classic mario kart for snes. it is so much more noticeable and annoying. (2)the camera view during gameplay is super far back, and you can't see the action that well. (3)the sound is pretty boring except for the music.
    (4)there is no point in doing tricks, it just slows ya down during the race.

#25 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001

1. A great game for any console, with fun control and a variety of options that will keep players coming back for more.
  2. The game's arcade feel may discourage those looking for an off-road racing sim, but most everyone else will find it to be a fun pick up and play game.
  3. The graphics are solid, the gameplay is grand, and the possible parties are limitless.