Avatar: The Last Airbender PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
7.9

1. QuinnP.
    Oct 21, 2006
    It is so fun I can not stop playing!
  2. TravisN.
    Oct 25, 2006
    This is by far and away the worst video game I have played in a long time. The graphics are bad on two levels... 1. The graphics are not appealing 2. Not only are they nor appealing, they are poorly drawn The game is so repetitious that even the biggest Avatar fan will soon get board. I will admit that the power upgrade system was a nice mechanic. Unfortunately, that does not carry the This is by far and away the worst video game I have played in a long time. The graphics are bad on two levels... 1. The graphics are not appealing 2. Not only are they nor appealing, they are poorly drawn The game is so repetitious that even the biggest Avatar fan will soon get board. I will admit that the power upgrade system was a nice mechanic. Unfortunately, that does not carry the game. My guess would be some game studio exec rushed this out to capitalize on the Avatar momentum. Here is a word of advice... A game that takes longer to release, but has great game play and graphics is by orders of magnitude better than getting a terrible game out quickly. With such rich material, this game had a lot of potential. What a disappointing experience. This is also a stain on the otherwise great Avatar franchise. They should sue for defamation of character! Expand
  3. AdamG.
    Sep 17, 2006
    The best game I've ever played! I pre-ordered it omg you have to play it!
  4. JustinS.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Avatar is an ok game but not the best. It has good graphics and so on but the game is a big letdown because its so short and I agree with Tyler the bosses are really not good.
  5. Zoe
    Jan 7, 2007
    Fun, but short. I enjoyed every minute of game time, but it ended just as I started.
  6. CE
    Sep 19, 2007
    Yo, I ain't even played the game, but I have got something to say to travis. You annoy me and you have a spelling mistake, you typed board, when it is supposed to say bored, there you go, you criticise a game, that has mostly good reviews, and say everything in a negative way, then I criticise you in saying that you are probably a dumb cunt who wanks over Azula in the show, andYo, I ain't even played the game, but I have got something to say to travis. You annoy me and you have a spelling mistake, you typed board, when it is supposed to say bored, there you go, you criticise a game, that has mostly good reviews, and say everything in a negative way, then I criticise you in saying that you are probably a dumb cunt who wanks over Azula in the show, and probably can't get to sleep at night because you keep thinking about how you will critisize other games in more negative ways, and hopefully one day you will get shot in the head. Good day to all the happy people who aren't as sad as this knob head Expand
  7. Tyler
    Oct 29, 2006
    I love the show "Avatar: The Last Airbender." So it's no suprise I wanted this game. However, it's a bit of a letdown - especially the boss battles. I have the one on DS, so this may be part of my woes, but boss battles can be just too hard. You often only get to a boss battle after you and your party members have been devastatingly weakened, and the amount of food items I love the show "Avatar: The Last Airbender." So it's no suprise I wanted this game. However, it's a bit of a letdown - especially the boss battles. I have the one on DS, so this may be part of my woes, but boss battles can be just too hard. You often only get to a boss battle after you and your party members have been devastatingly weakened, and the amount of food items you're able to eat is quite limited, especially since enemies don't drop many coins or food items to consume. It can take you many tries to even get the boss' health below half, and its an even bigger feat to have at least one other party member remaining. The rest of the gameplay is awesome (that is, if you can reach the rest of it), though the character development isn't much. Who knows - maybe the challenge is for you. But don't expect to make it to the end at the end of the week, especially for the DS version. Expand
  8. NielsR
    Dec 23, 2008
    O my god this game is so f*cking awesome, If you don't buy this game you really miss an important part of your life! it is IMPOSSIBLE to make the game ANY better. I wish I had more than 1 copy so I could play it two at a time. I am very anxious for the next release, I cannot wait until the sequel comes out, O my god it's SO good! BEST_GAME_EVER!

Unlike the fun and entertaining television show, the game falls well short of greatness. As a straightforward beat-'em-up, the title seems to have the right formula, including solid control and a surprisingly intuitive character upgrade system.
  2. While somewhat faithful to the cartoon, Avatar: The Last Airbender for the PS2 fails to capture the true essence of the show’s characters in a game that’s short and uninspiring.
  3. It's a prime example of the modern brand-endemic video game, focus-tested to death and then some. Whether you hold that against it or not is an individual decision. [Nov. 2006, p.83]