8.2

1. Mar 14, 2013
    To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I first played this. Baldur's Gate 2 on the PC is my favorite game of all time and I was almost orgasmic when I heard there was to be a new Baldur's on the PS2. And it really is VERY different to its PC counterpart. The game itself was pretty good and perhaps one of the better action RPGs on the PS2. Still the initial disappointment did leaveTo be honest, I was a little disappointed when I first played this. Baldur's Gate 2 on the PC is my favorite game of all time and I was almost orgasmic when I heard there was to be a new Baldur's on the PS2. And it really is VERY different to its PC counterpart. The game itself was pretty good and perhaps one of the better action RPGs on the PS2. Still the initial disappointment did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Overall: A decent game with good visuals, nice story and fun combat. Expand
  2. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 7, 2002
    It's a very polished action RPG remenicient of Diablo 2. And like Diablo 2, the fighting is very low on skill, and eventually quite boring. Although the combat's not quite as bad as Diablo. BG's length is another weakness. It's just 6-9 hours long.
  3. ReinholdH.
    May 31, 2002
    This game is "Gauntlet" with better graphics but no four- player capacity. As a D&D player of ten years, let me assure you that this title does NOT use the 3rd edition rules as promised. The spell choices are poor. You have, like, two: burning hands and magic missile. You have only three character types (which are not even real D&D character classes) from which to choose, and all stats This game is "Gauntlet" with better graphics but no four- player capacity. As a D&D player of ten years, let me assure you that this title does NOT use the 3rd edition rules as promised. The spell choices are poor. You have, like, two: burning hands and magic missile. You have only three character types (which are not even real D&D character classes) from which to choose, and all stats are pre-generated, so there's no customization. The game is as monotonous as "Gauntlet." There is only one "platforming" scene. The puzzles (comprising of pulling switches) lack originality. The game, in fact, lacks originality and variety. It's not like you'll get tired of it, though. It takes only 10 hours to complete. Not enough bang for my buck, thank you. Expand
  4. ShaunH.
    Apr 8, 2002
    It really sucks you in and it's a great gamre and all, but once completed it's the same thing over with a lack of characters and only a 10 hour game.
  5. ChrisN.
    Feb 3, 2002
    Very addictive but unfortunately very short. (A mere 10 hours)

1. A fine RPG, very loosely based upon a simplified Dungeons & Dragons motif. The game mechanics are easy, leaving you to focus on the puzzles, the high-adrenaline battles, and the lustful visuals.
  2. Now here comes the main niggle I have with this otherwise incredible co-op game. It’s short. I mean Danny De Vito short. My friend and I did it in less than 10 hours, and we explored everywhere and killed everything.
  3. Shorter than the average RPG, this game should take you about 18 hours to complete but the two player co-op and the two other class characters will add to the replay value. Truly an instant classic that will be enjoyed by gamers of all persuasion.