8.3

1. AlexA.
    Jan 11, 2002
    It is the best game I have ever played, surpassing GTA3. I am overwhelmed by how good the graphics are e.g. amazing when you run through the water, and the interaction with the characters in the game...as I said 10/10.
  2. GianniR.
    Jan 17, 2002
    The best PS2 game i've tried... It was much time i didn't see a so good game!
  3. XanderS.
    Mar 18, 2002
    King of the RPG castle, a must buy title rivalled only by GTA3 in terms of sheer "they've thought of everything-ness."
  4. QuestorJ
    Mar 18, 2009
    This is a great game!!... Just wanted to make sure that people know the sequels to Dark Alliance 1 and 2 is called Champions of Norrath (3rd game) and Champions of Norrath:Return to Arms (4th and as of March 2009, the last installment). Hopefully Snowblind or whomever now owns this great RPG engine will continue the series. I have played all 4 games now at least three times each and This is a great game!!... Just wanted to make sure that people know the sequels to Dark Alliance 1 and 2 is called Champions of Norrath (3rd game) and Champions of Norrath:Return to Arms (4th and as of March 2009, the last installment). Hopefully Snowblind or whomever now owns this great RPG engine will continue the series. I have played all 4 games now at least three times each and can't wait for some new adventures. Expand
  5. DaleS.
    Jul 30, 2002
    I gave this rating because of the interesting story line, great graphics (best I seen on all new games) Detailed characters, Weapons and NPC's, but one flaw I found was you could only use 1 of 3 pre-made characters, not letting you get into the game to much by developing a character you love and know.
  6. JoeW.
    Feb 25, 2004
    This game Rules.
  7. IMOENL.
    May 7, 2005
    Amuzing, intresting, had me. cant be sure why im rating it so high: maybe cause i love fantasy or maybe cause its realy one of the best games ive played, good graphics, story line, characters personalities, WEAPONS,
  8. JackA.
    Dec 6, 2001
    This is the best RPG I've ever played!!
  9. AndrewK.
    Apr 20, 2002
    I like that it is not all about killing and getting a strong weapon but involves some thinking. I like the idea of having diffrent Characters with diffrent ablities.
  10. TonyA.
    May 22, 2002
    Absolute best game I have ever played, except that the fact I heard that it only takes 10 hours to beat, i was heartbroken, but the 10 hours that you put into it are the greatest 10 hours of your life!!!
  11. BobB.
    Jul 21, 2003
    It's beautiful the best rpg adventure game to be relased yet! the sequal is going to be even better! and comes out 7/14/03 i believe. and also the water effects in this are WAY better then any xbox game has ever laid eyes upon!
  12. Aussiegirl
    Sep 26, 2003
    WOW!!! I played this game ages ago. It is still my FAV game EVA! This has to be the BEST game. I can't wait 'til we get the sequel. Which should be even better. If that is possible.
  13. Cody
    Sep 13, 2005
    It was the best game I've ever played. all the fighting yeah my kind of game. I only played it at my cousins house for two days and already I'm saving my money up for it. I haven't beat it yet but I'm going too.
  14. KatelinJ.
    Nov 18, 2006
    This game is so cool and I can not wait for the 3rd Dark Alliance Baulder's Gate to come out! I enjoy playing them soooo much! Please hurry on the thrid one I have played the first and second one three times already.
  15. MikeyG.
    Dec 27, 2001
    Awesome, replayability. Gauntlet and extreme modes much harder, and Drizzt rocks!!
  16. KyleB.
    Oct 22, 2002
    This game was great! This game was a more complete version of diablo. The combat system was blessfuly simple and the magic look good. The graphics were a marvel to behold and the water will take your time up just jumping in to it. The ripples look very nice. The weapons also look very cool such as the frost weapons or fire ones. The characters look awsome. The armor changes the characters This game was great! This game was a more complete version of diablo. The combat system was blessfuly simple and the magic look good. The graphics were a marvel to behold and the water will take your time up just jumping in to it. The ripples look very nice. The weapons also look very cool such as the frost weapons or fire ones. The characters look awsome. The armor changes the characters complete look, I personally like the full plate. The bosses are acually difficult considering the kind of game it is. This game is a great game to rent or buy. Expand
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    This is the game that sets the standards for RPG's on the Plyastation 2, why? It is the first RPG on the PS2, every PS2 RPG to come after it has some resemblance, though minimal at some point, they do bear resemblance. While it may bear more resemblance to an action-adventure game, it is still a RPG at its core, being played out in chapters, a very D&D level up system and an incredibleThis is the game that sets the standards for RPG's on the Plyastation 2, why? It is the first RPG on the PS2, every PS2 RPG to come after it has some resemblance, though minimal at some point, they do bear resemblance. While it may bear more resemblance to an action-adventure game, it is still a RPG at its core, being played out in chapters, a very D&D level up system and an incredible graphics engine. What is not to love about this RPG?

Its not about the hack and slash, but its rather the intriguing story that goes behind this Call of Duty for Storytellers. It has incredible graphics, D&D monsters, D&D setting, D&D spells, D&D level up system and lots of blood and gore in great graphics. I say again: Whats not to love?
  18. Jane
    Mar 27, 2003
    My first PS2 game. And it's still my favourite!
  19. HirschM.
    Jan 16, 2002
    This is a very good game for hardcore D&D fans. I would reccomend turning on the damage counter to really get the most out of combat. The graphics are very good but not perfect. Using an S-Video connection helps quite a bit. I would liked to have seen more characters or a custom character designer, but overall it works very well.
  20. Alexmich
    Jun 10, 2004
    This was a great game. It was action-packed and way too fun. Me and my brothers stayed up all night playing it...even though it was a little too short, thats the only reason it gets a 9.
  21. AndyG.
    Dec 27, 2001
    Great game! More character choices would have been nice, but still very good.
  22. Mar 31, 2014
    The prequel to Dark Alliance II. This is the game that started all of the great RPG games on the PS2. Many keep a PS3 just to play this. It is a great game and tells the back story behind Dark Alliance II.
  23. MattB.
    Jan 17, 2002
    Brilliant game, Especially With two players. A bit short lived though...
  24. Apr 23, 2011
    This is a prime example of a dungeon crawler. Its addictive, has great characters, and a good range of environments. From the moment I finished the first dungeon I was sucked in, and for the short 10 hours it lasts its worth every penny. What I simply dont get is why there is such rave reviews - its good at what it does but its lacking in so many respects. In short; you go throughThis is a prime example of a dungeon crawler. Its addictive, has great characters, and a good range of environments. From the moment I finished the first dungeon I was sucked in, and for the short 10 hours it lasts its worth every penny. What I simply dont get is why there is such rave reviews - its good at what it does but its lacking in so many respects. In short; you go through dungeons, try and find the best weapons, and level up your skills. Thats it.
    The game could have been greatly enhanced if there were side quests or other things to find. As it stands its fun and addictive but is not on my top list of great RPG games. Even still, its definitely worth a pop.

#21 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#14 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. A fine RPG, very loosely based upon a simplified Dungeons & Dragons motif. The game mechanics are easy, leaving you to focus on the puzzles, the high-adrenaline battles, and the lustful visuals.
  2. Now here comes the main niggle I have with this otherwise incredible co-op game. It’s short. I mean Danny De Vito short. My friend and I did it in less than 10 hours, and we explored everywhere and killed everything.
  3. Cheat Code Central
    Shorter than the average RPG, this game should take you about 18 hours to complete but the two player co-op and the two other class characters will add to the replay value. Truly an instant classic that will be enjoyed by gamers of all persuasion.