7.3

1. Mar 6, 2011
    Batman hasn't been known for having good games, but this game changes that bad rep, it's just so much fun to play, the graphics, sound, and controls are great, it has fun racing areas, and fun stealth scare tactics like gameplay, the only flaw is the camera, it rarely works with you, this is one you want to pick up if your a Batman fan, or just like good games, a blast to play.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    One of the first batman games that I have played back on the playstation 2. I thought it was still a fun stealth game but I gave it a 7.1 out of 10 knowing this game needed to improve.
  3. Apr 8, 2014
    Before there was Arkham Asylum, it began on the PS2 with Batman Begins.

Begins takes Batman into a realm he has never been before, this is a smart Batman this a wary Batman. He is only a man and he not going to jump into a fight with a bunch guys armed to the teeth, he will cut to shreds in seconds. And that is how you need to approach this awesome movie tie-in. This is the true game
    Before there was Arkham Asylum, it began on the PS2 with Batman Begins.

This is the true game that uses fear over all other means. While recent batman games have used this mechanic they also didn't punish you if you got caught, you could still duke it out with little damage, Begins doesn't give you that luxury and it's a better game for it. Fear is the key and you need to get those heart-rates to the point of darkness. Whilst linear this 2005 streamlines they experience by setting you on a direct that has you cross Scarecrows thugs and having to survive the onslaught of the Gotham P.D.

Things get tough and you have only your wits to get you through the night. With varied locations Begins really takes you on a roller coaster or survival where you are not invincible, but still deadly if you stick to the shadows.

Also Begins gives you what you have wanted for the past 6 years and lets you cause utter mayhem in the Batmobile. Inspired by Burnout 3, you get to break up the levels by traveling between locals whilst taking down thugs and cops alike. Not as good as Burnout 3, but decent fun on the way to more stealth sections.

Whilst it shares similar aspects with the modern Arkham series, it has a lot more stealth to keep you in the dark, it's all about survival and fear.
  4. Mar 23, 2013
    El combate falla y el final es un poco agridulce, pero el juego en sí no deja de ser espectacular gracias no sólo a un respeto a la peli, sino a un complemento de la misma que hace al juego más duradero, entretenido e interesante, por no mencionar la diversa cantidad de interacciones permitidas y, como no, el Batmóvil.

Calificación: 8.7/10
  5. Jun 13, 2013
    Could be a lot better if it wasn't so low-paced, but still the best Batman game on the console and it would be recommended to be played by anyone who's into adventure games and super-hero games, but only if clunky controls doesn't bother you that much he's just less responsive than what's expected, it isn't terrible.
  6. Jul 4, 2011
    pros: great graphics, decent batman combat, has stealth gameplay, vehicle missions are pretty fun, has extras, voice cast are all the actors from the movie. cons: not much depth, not enough levels, no level select. OVERALL: a really good game with some of the best graphics on ps2, it just doesn't have enough depth or thought to the lasting appeal.
  7. Nov 25, 2013
    wow what a great ps2 game this is the best batman game there was on ps2 the best thing about this it stays true to the movie there are great mission were you drive the batmoblie and the voice cast is excellent to this game everyone doing the part great 10/10
  8. Jun 11, 2011
    Step into the shadows of Gotham City as you fight crime with Batman, The Dark Knight as he fights crime with super combat techniques and high technological gadgets. It is a very wonderful gaming experience and a spellbounding game from EA. The villains involved are Ra's Al Ghul, The Scarecrow and Carmine Falcone. You won't want to miss the chance of playing such an excellent do you
  9. FrankD.
    Jun 15, 2005
    Weak effort. Once again, EA lures you with some flashy graphics only to deliver disappointing gameplay. Arghhh.
  10. JakeO.
    Jun 19, 2005
    I've beaten this game 5 times and it took about 5 hours each but it hasn't gotten boring yet.
  11. TyP.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Batman is a great game it makes u think of good strategies. He's the best super hero in the U.S to be made. Who ever made batman deseves alot of money. My suggestion is you get this game QUICK!!
  12. AlexR.
    Jul 10, 2005
    This game is a batman game you will not stop playing on. It had everything I wanted and still does, stealth, interrigate, you even make them scared by using the enviroment! My rating is 10/10 A must buy.
  13. Jesse
    Jul 9, 2005
    I loved the movie. The game looks great, that character mapping is by far the best i've ever scene, but it's so encapsulated in the movie that you might as well just watch that and give your thumbs a rest. Though the dialogue was good, I would have rather had an option to skip it. like I said...I've seen the move, I don't need a series of tedious and over the top clips I loved the movie. The game looks great, that character mapping is by far the best i've ever scene, but it's so encapsulated in the movie that you might as well just watch that and give your thumbs a rest. Though the dialogue was good, I would have rather had an option to skip it. like I said...I've seen the move, I don't need a series of tedious and over the top clips to remember it. I think the controls and environements should have been more "spiderman" or "gta" (not in plot - just control) than feeling like you're contrained into a pac man maze. Expand
  14. BrandonJ.
    Jun 24, 2005
    Batman Begins is by far the greatest Batman game to date, but it's too short. BB makes me want to go buy Burnout, and I hate driving games that don't include the words grand, theft, or auto in the title.
  15. SamuelA.
    Jun 25, 2005
    This game is funny but where are the badgers? awesome but a wee bit camp...
  16. JustinZ.
    Jun 29, 2005
    Its just a great game, it has intense fighting action, while good stealth moves and interrogation. Finnaly, a good batman game!
  17. MattA.
    Jul 3, 2005
    This is a very good game, there's no doubting that but like all games It does have its flaws such as It is a little short suprisingly and you only get to drive the new inovative batmobile twice in the whole game but the fear feature was cool and I had alot of fun playing it but I beat it in less than a day maybe half a day. But Batman fans such as myself will love it.
  18. JuliusM.
    Jul 5, 2005
    I'm just an occasional gamer. I've never played Splinter Cell, I LOVE burn out. But this is EVERYTHING I've ever wanted in a Batman game. Sneaking around, climbing things, dropping down on people and beating the info out of them. As a Batman fan I LOVE it.
  19. DaveB.
    Jul 7, 2005
    Good game nice graphics not an easy game but very good buy it
  20. BeerStud2
    Mar 5, 2006
    I found the game extremely lame. Im playing on hard level and have found it simple. That combined with the fact that the movement is too clunky (we want smooth fighting action like Spiderman Ultimate, guys!), you can't skip through tedious animated movie bits, limited gameplay (why can't we throw the batterang at enemies?? errgh!), and maybe make the people a little harder to I found the game extremely lame. Im playing on hard level and have found it simple. That combined with the fact that the movement is too clunky (we want smooth fighting action like Spiderman Ultimate, guys!), you can't skip through tedious animated movie bits, limited gameplay (why can't we throw the batterang at enemies?? errgh!), and maybe make the people a little harder to kill. So lame, Im glad I borrowed this game from a friend and didn't waste my cash. Expand
  21. efeb
    Jul 3, 2006
    this game have decent graphics and thats all there is. there is no freedom what so ever, you do what the game tells you to do. press the square button, press the circle button, throw the graple hook here, run here, fight and hide there...what?...what? whaaaaat??????....did you guys read the IGN review?...they take this crap of a game over the brilliant spider-man 2 game....whaaat? someonethis game have decent graphics and thats all there is. there is no freedom what so ever, you do what the game tells you to do. press the square button, press the circle button, throw the graple hook here, run here, fight and hide there...what?...what? whaaaaat??????....did you guys read the IGN review?...they take this crap of a game over the brilliant spider-man 2 game....whaaat? someone pinch me, because i just cant believe any gamer playing this game yet alone loving it. you cannot punch the window to make the glass break, you cannot fight the way you wanna fight, no rag-doll effects, no skipping through cinematics...this is not just a bad game, it is an insult in gaming, it is an insult to batman, it is an insult to you and me and our hard earned cash. EA games is going down in flames with their mmovie to game adaptations, they should stick to sport games and not waste our F****NG time. Expand
  22. robincarlson
    Mar 2, 2009
    Loved it loved it. My mom had a surprise batman party. She even had 'Batman' come for an appearance. Not the real one of course but it was a damn good costume .She rented it at Bruna Costumes in Providence R.I. so for some reason, it made the game so much better.
  23. Jimmyd
    Jun 16, 2005
    THE best movie to game translation ever. Unfortunately it is short...but while it lasts it is graphically superb, with excellent controls, great storyline and voiceovers...a must have.
  24. JimP.
    Jun 19, 2005
    Not bad.
  25. MartinK.
    Jun 21, 2005
    Thoroughly enjoyable game for the casual gamer. More experienced players should play the game in "Challenging" mode to get the most out of it.
  26. StephenK.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Spectacular!!!! a great stealth combat game for those who like lurking in the shadows and striking fear into the hearts of there victims batman rules.
  27. ChristopherB.
    Jun 20, 2005
    The graphics in the game are really good and the lighting effects are solid...I only wish I could say that about the story. BB was too short, too choppy, and not at all fun. Everything I expect from EA. Cool to look at but boring to play.
  28. Myles
    Sep 6, 2006
    Bought the game the day the film came out... gotta say, I was a bit disappointed. Although it's a ton of fun to play and looks fantastic, being led through every level gets old and it's all too easy to just block punches and time retaliations. The environments need to be a lot more open... a gamer needs to feel that there will always be a corner of Gotham left to explore or that Bought the game the day the film came out... gotta say, I was a bit disappointed. Although it's a ton of fun to play and looks fantastic, being led through every level gets old and it's all too easy to just block punches and time retaliations. The environments need to be a lot more open... a gamer needs to feel that there will always be a corner of Gotham left to explore or that there's many different ways to beat a level. Plus, it's much too short. Although I'm a big fan of Batman and of the movie, this game just didn't fulfill my Bat-expectations. Expand
  29. ChrisD.
    Jun 16, 2005
    I Dont know completely what the story is yet. But from what i the most important thing is game play and this what I think a Batman game should have and the second stage with him in a Ninja suit is a nice added surprise. So if u like stealth and fighting u love this. And the graphics r amazing .
  30. DavidS.
    Jun 16, 2005
    Character models and lighting is nice the gameplay the controls are utterly terrible this game is not fun in any means. There is glitches and bugs that are unforgiving to the gameplay.
  31. CharlieC
    Jun 23, 2005
    A must for batman fans to watch - whether you prefer the movies, the comics, the animated series, etc. Others may be put off by the long setup of showing how batman became who he is but batman fans will love it!
  32. Bob
    Jun 29, 2005
    Rubbish it is so poor i burnt the disk and completed it in 3 hours.

As a whole, the game was a little short (six hours), but it's still a pretty fun ride despite the fact that it is not the definitive Batman game we've been waiting for. This game ain't the greatest in terms of freedom and linearity, but I'll still take it over "Spider-Man 2." No doubt.
  2. Batman Begins isn't just a good game, it's two great games that play great together. When you’re the caped crusader, it's an action game in the mold of "Splinter Cell"... Then, when you’re driving the Batmobile, the game morphs into "Burnout," with you knocking cars off the road as you careen through traffic.
    Crates and barrels aside, Batman Begins is generally a well-produced game. Its visuals are often striking, and are distinct in style from those of the film.