8.7

Oct 21, 2005
    Great fps for ps2 & xbox
  6. EliRammbo
    Oct 29, 2005
    It's a really good game.
  7. AlesG.
    Feb 4, 2006
    this game is the game of the future.He has got very good graphics and the tipe is interesant. Is a very good game.
  8. DCare
    Nov 1, 2005
    Amazing, Online's Incredible.
  9. SteveJ.
    Oct 13, 2005
    Wow!! great game :D
  10. LillyL.
    Oct 25, 2005
    Have played it in it's entirety and can truly say it is a brilliant game. The single player alone is worthy of a 10 especially the beach level. (Would like 4 player & Lan support but still easily deserves a 10 out of 10!)
  11. JoeT.
    Feb 27, 2006
    While the single player is not really anything to write home about. The online multiplayer is where the real fun is at. So if you don't have online just rent it first but if online is your thing this is a must have.
  12. TimB.
    Mar 16, 2006
    Single player isn't worth the time afta u play online.. Altho be warned, everyone online seem to be able to play blindfolded and still kill you. 24/7 addicts are clearly visible. Online is immense tho n the gameplay is fast n furious. I get the feeling I'll need a hell of alot more practice before going anywhere near the top 5 players in a game.
  13. Chazmcfly
    Nov 7, 2005
    I don't understand how this game is not in the 90's. This game is THE best online shooter on the PS2, hands down.
  14. BraheenW.
    Oct 26, 2005
    80? And Socom 3 got a 85. You guys are crazy! I played both and BF2:MC is waaaay better than SOCOM 2!
  15. MarcusN.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Awesome Awesome Awesome.
  16. BigBoy
    Oct 27, 2005
    These critics obviously haven't played the online game. Note that all Gamepro basically talks about is the single player game. BTW, I think the people at Gamepro happen to be the worst reviewers who have no idea what a good game is. The graphics are so nice online that you wouldn't even believe you're playing a PS2 game. The game is also extremely fun and addicting!!!
  17. DocMoney
    Oct 28, 2005
    This game kicks serious butt! Socom 3 getting a higher score??? No way... who is rating these games? They must not know a good game when they experience one.
  18. Oct 9, 2013
    Best online experience on the PS2, hands down. Single-player is eh, but you don't play this game for the campaign. Playing this game online regularly was my favorite period of gaming.
  19. ShastaM.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Haven't played the offline portion yet, but I don't think I ever will considering online kicks so much ass! There's stuff blowing up everywhere you look, mortar shells raining down and choppers getting smoked out of the sky - and that's only when you first jump into the game! The rank system does help to create some sort of level of respect among players and people Haven't played the offline portion yet, but I don't think I ever will considering online kicks so much ass! There's stuff blowing up everywhere you look, mortar shells raining down and choppers getting smoked out of the sky - and that's only when you first jump into the game! The rank system does help to create some sort of level of respect among players and people will actually play as a team. Best online game for PS2 hands down. Your mission, should you choose to accept it soldier, is to buy this game. Now head out!!! Expand
  20. CodyP.
    Aug 24, 2006
    it was a really fun game with a bunchof cool features. hotswapping is genious.
  21. RichardK.
    Nov 14, 2005
    The best online game I have played for PS2. Gamespot's review is way off - SOCOM 3 is a bore in comparison.
  22. ReviewerReviever
    Jan 31, 2006
    This game coul have been better. The graphics suck the campeign mode sucks, but the online mode is good, the 360 version should be a lot better.
  23. PjotrK.
    Dec 31, 2005
    Nice enough game. Graphics are not bad. Sounds are doable. Does lack the "mercenaries" ability to destroy anything anywhere which really is a big minus. Lots and lots of gameplay it seems, which is always refreshing to see. To may games only offer a mission or 10, if that, and hope that because of some good looking cut scenes the public will fork out 60-70-80 bucks to play a game that Nice enough game. Graphics are not bad. Sounds are doable. Does lack the "mercenaries" ability to destroy anything anywhere which really is a big minus. Lots and lots of gameplay it seems, which is always refreshing to see. To may games only offer a mission or 10, if that, and hope that because of some good looking cut scenes the public will fork out 60-70-80 bucks to play a game that takes less than half a day to play from start to finish. The extremely overrated "God of War" springs to mind. This game with it's 200 missions doesn't have that problem. It does have a big problem though in that some of the missions are just not impossible to do. In other words that you have to play a mission over and over and over because it all depends on getting one thing done in a ridiculous timeframe. Another big error is the random respawning of enemies in the single player mode. which leads to sometimes actually seeing enemies appear out of thin air right before you, if you're lucky, or right behind you, if you aren't lucky. Online it doesn't force players to actually work as a team so this leads to the kiddies who just want to rake up frags and can't be bothered to actually play as a team. In short, a nice game. Gives at times one a better feeling of what it's like to be in a war then the MOH series and on top give one huge amount of missions to play with a nice storyline and cutscenes. Expand
    Jan 17, 2006
    Pretty good game, but mared by terrible chopper controls and heaving chunks frame rate when it gets hectic. Go for the PC version if you can.
  25. SamF.
    Sep 26, 2006
    Not a bad game actually. Glad to see the control points are gone and replaced with objectives but things like enemies spaning in front of you takes away from this game.
  26. KlausFeerontak
    May 8, 2006
    The reoson why I gave this game a 5/10 and not 1 10/10 is beacause the campaigne mode sucked big. The gameplay 10/10, sounds 10/10 multiplayer 10/10 but campaign mode -8/10. The campaign was so bloody short. I finished it in like 3 hours! It even took me longer to finish sly racoon! What also sucks is that it has no offline muliplayer what the ****?! And as usuall it has the typical storyThe reoson why I gave this game a 5/10 and not 1 10/10 is beacause the campaigne mode sucked big. The gameplay 10/10, sounds 10/10 multiplayer 10/10 but campaign mode -8/10. The campaign was so bloody short. I finished it in like 3 hours! It even took me longer to finish sly racoon! What also sucks is that it has no offline muliplayer what the ****?! And as usuall it has the typical story about a war going on with Asia and America zzzzzzzz. Even though you can use other military types like EU and MEC, you can only use it in multiplayer BOOOOOOO! The game needs a lot of work. Buy the Pc version instead (highly advised)! Collapse
  27. Feb 6, 2015
    This game is just so average, the campaign was great but Multiplayer had some very negative aspects to it.
    The connection & lag were the biggest issues with online gameplay, Brazilians and Japanese had a distinct advantage if you lived in Europe or somewhere further away because of the slight delay since it's only a 2005 game that has awful connection compared to nowadays. You'd be putting an entire mag of bullets into people and they'd kill you easily with only 3 shots, the delay was horrifyingly bad.
    Campaign was good though.
  28. Nov 17, 2013
    Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is okay i would not give it 10 because it is not perfect. The Story is nothing to special nor the multiplier. To me i think the newer ones are better. Yes i know they came out ages ago but Battlefield 2 is very good compared to this.

Overall:
    -Story/Campaign is not very good
    -Multiplayer bores me
    Score: 43/100

We really like the new singleplayer mode. Though the AI is a bit too ambitious (because it'll run forward to its death at all times), the emphasis on shooting down large waves of enemies within the confines of some taxing mission of high priority is pretty exciting, especially considering how diverse our arsenals are and how varied the enemy's attacks can be.
    The game has all the things that have made "Battlefield" a PC favorite. In particular, the vehicles work well, maybe even better with the controller. Flying a helicopter with two sticks feels natural and the ground vehicles, like tanks and humvees, are a snap.
  3. There's a lot more to war than just moving about shooting at the enemy. Fortunately Battlefield 2 ignores that fact and gives us action junkies just what we crave.