Beatmania PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Mar 28, 2006
8.6

1. JimmusM.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Lame. The beginning songs are just annoying and sound like someone dabbling on a sequencer board. The scratching is under-sensitive and doesn't register at times. The timing seems off, so you have to hit keys late to be in synch. (Gee, either that, or I have absolutely no rhythm at all...) This game is no competition whatsoever to Guitar Hero, which is fantastic. I bought it for the Lame. The beginning songs are just annoying and sound like someone dabbling on a sequencer board. The scratching is under-sensitive and doesn't register at times. The timing seems off, so you have to hit keys late to be in synch. (Gee, either that, or I have absolutely no rhythm at all...) This game is no competition whatsoever to Guitar Hero, which is fantastic. I bought it for the songs by Moby and Timo Maas, but I'll take it back to the store and hold my breath for Guitar Hero II. Expand
  2. CharlieC.
    Jun 20, 2007
    Could have been considerably better, particularly the largely obnoxious music selection, but such a low price for such an awesome peripheral can't be beat. Plus, the game really isn't half bad.

#81 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006

1. PSM Magazine
    The game's a serious hand-eye workout with a lot of depth, but next time we'd like to see it become a little more accessible for the non-hardcore. [Apr 2006, p.85]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    If you're determined to don cans and rock the boards, you'd be better off just buying the real thing. [Apr 2006, p.102]
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Doesn't really offer the same visceral thrill as something like "Guitar Hero" or even any of the "DDR" games. [Apr 2006, p.82]