Beyond Good & Evil PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Nov 11, 2003
  • Also On: PC
8.8

1. Oct 14, 2015
    I can't believe why Beyond Good & Evil didn't get the attention it should've had when it was released. The story is amazing, it feels like a kid's cartoon show. A really good kids cartoon show. The music is breathtaking, and the graphics and gameplay are both solid. This game invoked my inner animal friend, as I went out of my way to find every last animal species in the game andI can't believe why Beyond Good & Evil didn't get the attention it should've had when it was released. The story is amazing, it feels like a kid's cartoon show. A really good kids cartoon show. The music is breathtaking, and the graphics and gameplay are both solid. This game invoked my inner animal friend, as I went out of my way to find every last animal species in the game and photograph them.

Without spoiling anything for you, I implore you try find a copy this game. You won't be disappointed.
  2. Nov 22, 2014
    Beyond Good and Evil es un juego que te entretiene desde que empieza hasta que termina, con una historia interesante, curiosa y que contiene mucha diversidad.
  3. Nov 15, 2014
    This is one of my top 10 games of all time. Everyone should play it. Good mix of gameplay, and a great story. Here's hoping for a sequel. I also reviewed the PC version but had a lot of issues with it. It's not bad but I would definitely play it on console.
  4. Mar 21, 2013
    A game is not a bottle of wine, and with time it does not get better. Sometimes it takes only a year or two to say, that a game is not appropriate for this time. Having read many reviews about "Beyond Good & Evil" and having watched trailers for its sequel I was eager to play this classic. The version that I played was HD remake that was released in PSN for PS3. After playing for an hourA game is not a bottle of wine, and with time it does not get better. Sometimes it takes only a year or two to say, that a game is not appropriate for this time. Having read many reviews about "Beyond Good & Evil" and having watched trailers for its sequel I was eager to play this classic. The version that I played was HD remake that was released in PSN for PS3. After playing for an hour I realized, that I had a feeling of my time being wasted, because I just could not get into the game. Don't get me wrong, I watched much videos and read discussions that claimed, that the fans of the original were happy with remake. But after playing dozens of games that were released for the last TEN years (yeah, that's how much time had passed since the game's release date) it is difficult to appreciate any aspect of the game. "Beyond Good & Evil" has good story, nice characters, various gameplay, but it is history now. History that I missed ten years ago and can't enjoy nowadays. Expand
  5. Jan 31, 2013
    Probably one of the most underrated games of its generation. Truly a great classic that deserved more attention. Great visuals, fun gameplay and some genuinely unique characters. A game that was perhaps a bit ahead of its time.
  6. Jun 7, 2012
    I'm so sad that Beyond Good & Evil wasn't a success when it comes to poor marketing sales. It was the same fate as cult classics such as Psychonauts, Shenmue, MadWorld, and Okami. But when it comes to sci-fi video games, Michael Ancel, creator of the always popular Rayman franchise, set the bar high into a critical darling that every video game has its own side of the story. In Beyond GoodI'm so sad that Beyond Good & Evil wasn't a success when it comes to poor marketing sales. It was the same fate as cult classics such as Psychonauts, Shenmue, MadWorld, and Okami. But when it comes to sci-fi video games, Michael Ancel, creator of the always popular Rayman franchise, set the bar high into a critical darling that every video game has its own side of the story. In Beyond Good & Evil, you get to play a heroic and lovable green-haied reporter named Jade as she and her sidekick, Pey'j are finding out the answers on who is responsible for attacking Hilly's and trying to governed the system for world domination. But now as a photographer, Jade must uncover the secrets and unlock the past as she must solve puzzles, battle countless DomZ, and even earn extra cool items. I think Jade is a phenomenal damsel in distress in Ubisoft's 25th Birthday, and she can do anything whether it's a fight to the finish (don't read this spoiler in the end of the game!) or helping citizens, no one can outmatch her athletic skills and incredible talent. I think Beyond Good & Evil should get a sequel and hopefully as soon as Sony has to make an announcement about the Playstation 4, maybe this is good time to receive a medal of honor for Mr. Ancel. Beyond Good & Evil, Perfect timing, incredible story with voice acting, and fantastic moments. It's one of those games you have to play if you still own a PS2. Expand
  7. ToddH
    May 9, 2008
    A very engrossing game with a good blend of action and stealth, a great musical score, good pacing, and great integration of plotlines. Difficulty varies in places from a bit too easy to teeth-gnashing difficult (until you get the "trick"), and the game sadly is a bit short, but a pair of set-piece action sequences are handled beautifully and alone are worth the price of admission. Highly A very engrossing game with a good blend of action and stealth, a great musical score, good pacing, and great integration of plotlines. Difficulty varies in places from a bit too easy to teeth-gnashing difficult (until you get the "trick"), and the game sadly is a bit short, but a pair of set-piece action sequences are handled beautifully and alone are worth the price of admission. Highly recommended, and an absolute no-brainer at its bargin bin price. Expand
  8. AngelaS.
    Apr 25, 2007
    It´s absolutely the best game I have ever played! The Story, the scenarios, the music, are simply wonderful and inspiring! I can´t wait for a sequel!
  9. Mr.E.
    Aug 26, 2006
    One of the best games you didn't played. So play the game already.
  10. x
    Jan 3, 2006
    the game is a couple years old now but watching my 12 year old daughter immerse herself and really play her way through makes me realize what an all around winner this title is. hardcore gamers complained about its relative ease and short playing time but not all games are for the hardest of the hardcore, nor should they be.
  11. KarlZ.
    Dec 13, 2005
    Best "Action/Adventure" game to date, at least for those annoyed by too much Action in their Adventures. Perhaps my favorite computer game of all time, but First Person Shooters bore me stiff in no time flat.
  12. JivanA.
    Oct 25, 2005
    EXCELLENT GAME! Is a cross between the greatest of adventure games, plays smoothly and has an amazing storyline! Pray for a sequel, there's a petition running around the gamefaqs forums, sign today!
  13. MattyU!
    May 9, 2005
    This is a great adventure game - good story, looks great, and has good gameplay mechanics. My only gripes are that it is a bit too easy (geared towards a younger audience perhaps) and certainly too short. But if you find it used, it's a fantastic game to just pick up and play.
  14. AmandaS.
    Jan 12, 2005
    After my dad bought this game, i fell in love with the game, I played everyday, I had fun, if you play the game for enjoying and not winning, then you'll have alot of fun!!!!! some people on boards ask other people how to get this thing, i forgot the na,e, its by colletcting all perls, they dont know because they played it four times and dont know that, also at the top of the After my dad bought this game, i fell in love with the game, I played everyday, I had fun, if you play the game for enjoying and not winning, then you'll have alot of fun!!!!! some people on boards ask other people how to get this thing, i forgot the na,e, its by colletcting all perls, they dont know because they played it four times and dont know that, also at the top of the volcano, awaits millions of pearls, ti get there eran it preals at reaces, games (air hokey at the bar),and have fun, then buy all equipment at mamago garage, and then you buy the flying thing and fly and land in the volcano, ill shut up so i dont ruin it! But again, its a great hame, i love it!!!! Its my all time favourite! I cant wait for the second one, it must be sad fight ing her own u- a, on second thought ill shut up! but #2 sounds good! i cant wait!!!! Expand
  15. darkflame
    Mar 23, 2004
    Superb Game, LBA and Zelda combined with racing and stealth added into it. Wonderfull Landscape to explore, huge replaybility and cool story. You will be sad when its over.
  16. darkflame
    Mar 23, 2004
  17. RonnieW.
    Mar 6, 2004
    Excellent!! the use of the stealth is marvellous!!! 10/10
  18. TysonB.
    Feb 12, 2004
    I think this game is awesome, even the previews and demos are awesome. Just a little too expensive though.
  19. DanM.
    Feb 7, 2004
    I bought this game very cheap for the hell of it. I started reading reviews for it and a lot of them said it was like Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda, games I don't tend to have to much fun with. So I was reluctant to play it, but when I finally did I was pleasantly surprised. It's very fun and engaging. The battle system is very good and taking pictures of various species is I bought this game very cheap for the hell of it. I started reading reviews for it and a lot of them said it was like Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda, games I don't tend to have to much fun with. So I was reluctant to play it, but when I finally did I was pleasantly surprised. It's very fun and engaging. The battle system is very good and taking pictures of various species is very fun. I don't like the graphical style too much, I think it would have benefitted from a style kinda like Dark Cloud 2. Hopefully they will make a sequel to this great game and hopefully more people will discover it. It's really cheap, I got mine for $18 at EB, so I suggest that anyone looking for a good adventure game check this out, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  20. EduardoR.
    Jan 12, 2004
    I must admit that when I say the main character holding a camera on the cover, I really thought this was not going to be a good game. I couldn't be more wrong, this is a very engaging game, very cool mini-games, awesome combat system and the best part, a really cool story. If you are looking for a cool action adventure game with a touch of cartoonish graphics and; then this is your I must admit that when I say the main character holding a camera on the cover, I really thought this was not going to be a good game. I couldn't be more wrong, this is a very engaging game, very cool mini-games, awesome combat system and the best part, a really cool story. If you are looking for a cool action adventure game with a touch of cartoonish graphics and; then this is your game. I must admit thought that the game may slow down a little bit at times, but is so little it doesn't affect the game flow. Expand
  21. Wackyman
    Jan 9, 2004
    Excellent experience.
  22. ScottS.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Beat this game in 3 days, fun while it lasted some of the puzzles were a little wierd and there was no notion on where you were supposed to go, overall the game ended well and was worth the short time i spent with it.
  23. JonS.
    Dec 10, 2003
    This game is by far the best adventure game I've played in a long time. It's like Zelda and Final Fantasy had a child and gave it a camera. It's just a same that it runs so poorly on the PS2. It's almost as if ubisoft never tried to play it themselves. I "must purchase" title... for another system.
  24. KalumY.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Graphics and the gameplay are not very outstanding. however, obtaining credits and pearls from taking pictures makes u want to carry on the game. various scenes and species won't let u bored.

#57 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#26 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. A wonderful experience that tells a fine story. While the game can be completed in anywhere from 10 to 12 hours, the pacing feels just right. If you were ever remotely interested in an adventure title without the words "Legend and Zelda" in it, Beyond Good and Evil is the first title you should check out.
  2. Every now and then, however, you strike solid gold, and if "Super Mario 64" is videogaming's "A Hard Day's Night," then Beyond Good & Evil is surely its "Let it Be." [Dec 2003, p.98]
  3. It is a wonderful title that exudes both charming beauty in its lush aesthetics and sophisticated brilliance in its streamlined, accessible gameplay.