8.1

1. BrettS.
    Jun 3, 2004
    Realistic Nazis,Great graphics,cool storyline,and the main character is great.I can't wait for Bloodrayne 2.
    Nov 22, 2002
    I love this game. What could be better than a red hed vampire chick in a tight leather body suit. The gameplay is great. Powers are also cool. GET THIS GAME!!!
  3. JosephS.
    Feb 10, 2003
    This game is what vampire games a all about; an all out kick ass, kill all gore fest. It's the most amazing game I've ever played, it totaly kicks blood omen's pricy little ass, and is must have for all gamers.
  4. AlexB.
    May 14, 2003
    Absolutey state of the art stealth assassin, nazi dismembering, jugular ripping horror game, as vital to your ps2 as your brain is to your body! If you have not played this unstoppably subtle, blood-lusting game you have not lived, buy this now!
  5. Raven
    Dec 3, 2002
    Its a great game. It has A great deal in commen with alote of outhe games of its type. The good part about it is the story line and the game play.
  6. Aug 13, 2011
    BloodRayne still kicking some tail from triumph (BloodRayne 1 & 2 games/comics) to utter tragedy (Uwe Boil's awful BloodRayne movies). But the original game is the best damn PS2 game period. I have some major problems with the bugs and loading screens, but with stylin' graphics, punishing moves, and a sexy gothic dhampir with an attitude problem, trust me. She can handle it her ownBloodRayne still kicking some tail from triumph (BloodRayne 1 & 2 games/comics) to utter tragedy (Uwe Boil's awful BloodRayne movies). But the original game is the best damn PS2 game period. I have some major problems with the bugs and loading screens, but with stylin' graphics, punishing moves, and a sexy gothic dhampir with an attitude problem, trust me. She can handle it her own way by using her sharp blades and feeds her passion for blood and more blood. Can't wait till Betrayal coming out soon on PSN. I wonder they could put both BloodRayne games and turn it into an HD experience. Expand
  7. Jan 20, 2013
    The graphics have aged horribly, and the controls are awful. Fighting with the controls happens more frequently than fighting with the enemies (who pose no threat to Rayne at all). The opening chapter is tedious and not what you'd want from this game, and the final boss is ridiculously tedious as well. This just isn't a good game, and as much as I wanted to like it, I cannot recommend itThe graphics have aged horribly, and the controls are awful. Fighting with the controls happens more frequently than fighting with the enemies (who pose no threat to Rayne at all). The opening chapter is tedious and not what you'd want from this game, and the final boss is ridiculously tedious as well. This just isn't a good game, and as much as I wanted to like it, I cannot recommend it on any level. Play Bloodrayne 2 instead. Expand
  8. BlueBalls
    Sep 20, 2003
    This game is too busy, the levels have nothing to do with one another. The fighting isnt that great with limited moves. Not fun at all!
  9. Lily
    Apr 14, 2004
    This game tries way too hard to develop a "sexy" female lead character that it forgets what makes some games great in the first place - originality. Some games have that special something that makes it stand out from the rest of the crowd, this one does not. Cliche after cliche, I got bored with Rayne rather quickly.
  10. Apr 2, 2013
    A pretty decent game that really puzzles me a little in its design. The first Act of the game is utter garbage. It's so bad that you almost feel like just not bothering with the rest of the game. BUT, then the Act is over you get a DAMN cool cut scene and then it turns into a really, really fun game. It's almost like after the first Act the developers decided to fire everyone and startA pretty decent game that really puzzles me a little in its design. The first Act of the game is utter garbage. It's so bad that you almost feel like just not bothering with the rest of the game. BUT, then the Act is over you get a DAMN cool cut scene and then it turns into a really, really fun game. It's almost like after the first Act the developers decided to fire everyone and start with a different team for the rest of the game. Why on earth they didn't make the first Act like the rest of the game is beyond me. So yes, if you keep to it you discover a really great game with some great combat mechanics. Perhaps a bit too easy at times. But regardless, It's still cool being a sexy vampire assassin with guns. This game also doesn't hold back on gore either. This is perhaps the goriest title I can think of on the PS2 (aside from the Manhunt games.)

Overall:
    Aside from a terrible opening act, the game blossoms into something fun and gory. No real challenge, but still great to play.
  11. Apr 2, 2013

Overall:

1. Confused by the sometimes clunky camera angles? You can deliver your skull-smashing, thong-flashing high kicks in soothing slow motion.
    Despite some nice features, the overly repetitive gameplay will probably wear thin after a bit.
  3. It doesn’t seem to take itself too seriously, yet it provides some good gaming.