Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
7.6

1. ErikA.
    Apr 5, 2005
    Definitely the best WW2 game I've played yet. I enjoyed the tactics part of the game even if it was limited to the paths you could take; which is still better than one person running through one path taking out half of the Third Reich. My only gripe is the framerate and the gun sounds on the PS2, but compared to the rest of the game, those mean little to me. definitely recommend this Definitely the best WW2 game I've played yet. I enjoyed the tactics part of the game even if it was limited to the paths you could take; which is still better than one person running through one path taking out half of the Third Reich. My only gripe is the framerate and the gun sounds on the PS2, but compared to the rest of the game, those mean little to me. definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a tactical FPS. Expand
  2. Dave
    May 10, 2005
    The best, definitely most REALISTIC war-based FPS I've played so far (console or PC). Actually requires strategy and patience. It's not just the standard run and gun style you see in other FPS. Trust me, if you're going to run around trying to take down enemies like you would in Call of Duty or Medal of Honour, you'll be toast within a few seconds. All the levels are The best, definitely most REALISTIC war-based FPS I've played so far (console or PC). Actually requires strategy and patience. It's not just the standard run and gun style you see in other FPS. Trust me, if you're going to run around trying to take down enemies like you would in Call of Duty or Medal of Honour, you'll be toast within a few seconds. All the levels are really open-ended as there are numerous different strats you can use in setting up your squads. The only downside I see on the PS2 version is the occasional slowdown that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be seeing on the X-Box or PC. It's very minor though and doesn't take away much from the game. I played this game continuously and beat it within a few days...I haven't done that with any other War-based FPS so far. I normally get bored about 3/4 of the way through but not with Brother in Arms. HIGHLY recommend you BUY this one. There's lots of replayability here. Expand
  3. BruceT.
    May 8, 2005
    A great game with a compelling storyline although the Find, Fix and Fank manouver feutres a bit too much. Good for tactical shooters standards but if you prefer to go in shooting your gun off, don't buy this.
  4. KyleK.
    Apr 20, 2005
    This is really good, in commanding your men for supressing fire and going around to cap them in the head, telling tanks where to go. multiplayer is good, really good.
  5. EricB.
    Jul 30, 2006
    i love this game! u can like send ur squad around u can play multiplayer unlike call of duty 2. one problem not enough guns!
  6. Chris411
    Oct 23, 2005
    This game was tight but they need more than one cheat code, other than that the squads are intense.
  7. MattM.
    Mar 19, 2005
    This game is the sickest game ever.
  8. mariov.
    Aug 31, 2005
    Good game and very realistic graphics! I`ve been in Normandy, and the game looks the same! (almost)
  9. MichaelP.
    Mar 29, 2005
    Good, but almost too realistic at times. [Ed: Huh?]
  10. MichaelB.
    Apr 13, 2005
    Definitely the best WW2 shooter on PS2. But I recommend picking it up on the PC or XBox instead.

#68 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. Cheat Code Central
    No two games play alike thanks to the incredible AI who act like real human enemies. They also die like real humans, meaning that they aren't given an unfair advantage. This is war.
  2. Maxim Online
    Gamers with short attention spans will likely find all the squad management tedious, but we think it adds a much-needed dimension to a very stale genre. Plus it includes the best video game quote so far this year: "If you see something, shoot it; if it screams in German, shoot it again."
    It's not just its uncompromising realism or its emotive theme, it's the whole package -- great looks, fantastic sound, and a gameplay and plot structure that promotes bonding with the men under your command. Wrap that up with a slick control method and, for once, some tactical depth, and you're left with a very special recipe.