Bully PlayStation 2

9.1

1. Nov 11, 2011
    This original title has a great story as well as a fun world to explore. This school setting feels like a whole new idea despite being so old. Despite a few flaws visually, I know you'll enjoy this game, especially its humor.
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    One of the best open world games I've ever played. I still find myself replaying it even to this day. A Rockstar classic that definitely deserves a sequel.
  3. Aug 29, 2012
    Bully is probably the best game on PS2. Its outrageous high school story and brilliant gameplay mechanics make this game an instant classic. Jimmy Hopkins is a 15 year old delinquent, after his mother re-marries he is sent to boarding school at Bullworth Academy. there he finds new friends, new enemies and new love in his journey to bring order to Bullworth and retake the school back fromBully is probably the best game on PS2. Its outrageous high school story and brilliant gameplay mechanics make this game an instant classic. Jimmy Hopkins is a 15 year old delinquent, after his mother re-marries he is sent to boarding school at Bullworth Academy. there he finds new friends, new enemies and new love in his journey to bring order to Bullworth and retake the school back from the bullies. Expand
  4. May 7, 2016
    An endlessly enjoyable game that put a unique spin on the open world format. Great characters, memorable soundtrack and brilliant representations of school stereotypes.
  5. Jun 8, 2014
    Ahh.. Bully 2, a very unique game from rockstar, who usually makes ultra violent games. This game ain't nessecarily kid friendly, but just enough action/violence with a very unique setting in that of a private school. The gameplay itself was very diverse (minigames for classes, the weapons, a outer city away from the school, etc). The atmosphere was really cool, you got the preps, jocks,Ahh.. Bully 2, a very unique game from rockstar, who usually makes ultra violent games. This game ain't nessecarily kid friendly, but just enough action/violence with a very unique setting in that of a private school. The gameplay itself was very diverse (minigames for classes, the weapons, a outer city away from the school, etc). The atmosphere was really cool, you got the preps, jocks, nerds, etc just like in real life. The story was pretty good, although the game can get repititive with not much to do if you don't follow the main storyline. Overall, I remember enjoying this game a lot, something different, and just enough action, with an amazing atmosphere. Expand
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    In a nutshell, this is "GTA Jr."
    Instead of a city setting, it takes place at a large school campus. Instead of controlling a thug or gangster, you play a troubled teen. Instead of rival gangs, you have rival "cliques" like the jocks, nerds, preps, bullies, and greasers. Police presence is replaced by campus security and faculty, and cars are replaced by bikes, skateboards, and mopeds.
    In a nutshell, this is "GTA Jr."
    Rockstar did an amazing job turning this into an amazing alternative to their GTA genre.
    I hope to see more of Jimmy Hopkins.
  7. Feb 12, 2012
    Bully is by FAR.. The BEST game on xbox 360, its by far the most underrated game ever... The story is AMAZING!!! Ø
  8. Mar 6, 2012
    MOST UNDERRATED GAME EVER!!!!!!

I just dont get how can people dislike this game.. It AMAZING! The story is really, the characters are really likeable, and the game is FUN,, i recommend this game to EVERYONE!
  9. Dec 30, 2016
    Bully é mais um grande game da Rockstar Game, agora é um ''GTA'' na escola, e o jogo é excelente, infelizmente foi muito polemico, e isso pode ter feito a Rockstar desisti de uma sequencia, o personagem principal Jimmy tem um certo carisma, eu colocaria no meu top personagens da Rockstar (1 - John Marston, 2 - Trevor, 3 - Franklin, 4 CJ, 5 Jimmy), o jogo nao se limita apenas na escola,Bully é mais um grande game da Rockstar Game, agora é um ''GTA'' na escola, e o jogo é excelente, infelizmente foi muito polemico, e isso pode ter feito a Rockstar desisti de uma sequencia, o personagem principal Jimmy tem um certo carisma, eu colocaria no meu top personagens da Rockstar (1 - John Marston, 2 - Trevor, 3 - Franklin, 4 CJ, 5 Jimmy), o jogo nao se limita apenas na escola, depois de um tempo voce podera ir para a cidade, tem missoes muito legais, e a quantidade de lugares que dar pra ir é grande, como a casa feminina, campo de Futebol Americano e etc, jogo mais do que recomendado. Nota 9.3 Expand
  10. Oct 3, 2015
    Este juego me lo he pasado como 6 veces y las disfrute como si fuese mi primera partida del juego . Es uno de los mejores que he jugado en mi vida y es que la historia, la jugabilidad y su innovación me marcaron junto a el inolvidable James Hapkins (Jimmy) y su colega Pete y su enemigo principal Gary . En definitiva, este juego es de lo mejor de PS2
  11. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It really should've been named Canis Canem Edit around the world instead of "Bully". The violence in this game is cartoonish, the characters are all hilarious, for a PS2 open world game the graphics are spectacular. I love how each kid at the school belongs to a gang, so if you punch a "nerd" his buddies throw green fuming chemical bombs at you, et cetera. The AI is what impresses me the most, it is so much more advanced compared to the PS2 GTA games. This game ain't about bullying, you can go into town and fight the police and adults, race karts on the streets, participate in bicycle races, date virtual girls, ... it's just juvenile fun. Having said that, if I had children, they wouldn't be allowed to play games such as this. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    MOST UNDERRATED GAME EVER!!!!!!

13. Jan 28, 2011
    This game is between GTA and a school that has different cliques that are different from everyone else. I love it!!!! Also, Jimmy Hopkins is one of the best characters ever made and I love the way you attack cops and adults and trying to get away from being caught by them.
  14. Feb 20, 2016
    esse foi um dos melhores jogos lançados pra ps2, eu curti muito esse game, adorava zoar no game, jogar os alunos na lata de lixo, jogar bolinhas de gude no corredor para os outros cair, bater nas costas dos outros com o extintor, esse jogo foi épico.
  15. Oct 6, 2011
    A breath of fresh air for the sandbox genre, Bully is a well-written game from the people who put the GTA franchise on the map. What's really charming about this game is the fact that every character, whether they're central to the story or just a random pedestrian you find walking on the streets, has their own unique look and personality. Due to the hardware the game is running on, youA breath of fresh air for the sandbox genre, Bully is a well-written game from the people who put the GTA franchise on the map. What's really charming about this game is the fact that every character, whether they're central to the story or just a random pedestrian you find walking on the streets, has their own unique look and personality. Due to the hardware the game is running on, you might experience some pop-in and a sound glitch that mutes certain characters and environmental ambient sounds (although the latter is really rare) while playing the game. In the end, Bully is a truly unique gaming experience that offers plenty of bang for your buck. Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2012
    a really old game but played it for 3 years stilll never gets bored and really worth to buy it even though it s 2012. i think rockstar should make bully2 and i did worte a fanfic about Bully which...well i am still working on the fanfic
  17. Aug 1, 2012
    Rockstar Games has always been known for their Grand Theft Auto series. But, know that I have finished playing Bully, I can honestly say that this game is one of Rockstar's best games. The story may be simple, but the voice acting is so engrossing and the environment of the town of Bullworth and Bullworth Academy will suck you in. Gameplay is very similar to GTA, only will a high schoolRockstar Games has always been known for their Grand Theft Auto series. But, know that I have finished playing Bully, I can honestly say that this game is one of Rockstar's best games. The story may be simple, but the voice acting is so engrossing and the environment of the town of Bullworth and Bullworth Academy will suck you in. Gameplay is very similar to GTA, only will a high school feel to it and is definitely more tame than GTA (it is rated T for teens of course). Graphics are the best they can be on a PS2 game and I can still call it a good looking game. Overall, there is a lot of things to do in this game from playing the story or exploring the world of Bully. A must buy for fans of open-world games. Expand
  18. Feb 4, 2014
    A school-version of Grand Theft Auto, nothing more to say, just buy it period. Even if it's an old game, it's better than half the new games there are.
  19. Oct 6, 2014
    This is a game that you wanna get. Rock star did a great job making the plot/story on this game and the characters its a stereotypical school with Jocks Nerds Preps Bullies and Greasers. This game is basically GTA but with kids its a amazing free roam world with a non-repeating plot. Over all its a great game if you causing trouble and having fun doing it
  20. Jul 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Summary
    +Great levels of originality, making it much better than a “San Andreas without guns” as some have claimed the game is.
    +Excellent variety of characters weapons, clothes, vehicles, activities etc.
    +Good voice acting giving the characters depth.
    +Great levels of humour making Bully one of the most enjoyable games Rockstar has made.
    +Interesting story involving great interactions with MPC from different fractions, with each character feeling individual.
    -Story while good ends on a non-ground-breaking note.
    -The game is too easy, as the enemy A.I isn’t that smart and the use of upgrades and weapons, help make combat a bit of a breeze.
    -Weak graphics by modern standards, but that is to be expected from a game this old.

Full Review
    One the great things that you will notice about Bully is how the RPG like elements help to make Jimmy(your character) feel more alive, as he progresses gaining skills as the story progresses. This is particularly true after completing individual classes, e.g. in gym class you can unlock new attacks like head-butt etc. Speaking of classes on the great things is how all of them are unique requiring different skills. The only class I found to be particularly difficult is that of English, because I suck at speaking England. Other activities that provide unlocks etc. is that of racing which eventually led you to unlock a go cart which activities also help you earn money you can use to buy clothes, haircuts ,tattoos (on the last section of the map). Unfortunately you can only date girls in the game once, but it’s not major issue as they remain present within various sections of the story. Such activities help to make Bully feel more special than just a “p***y version of San Andreas”.

The next great thing about Bully is the funny elements of the game. It is so satisfying to get prefects (who are the police of the school) and dunk them in toilets and dump them in garbage bags. My personal felt thing to do is too walk behind them and crank them in the back of the head with a baseball bat, (I am normal honestly). However unlike other games with such humour, Bully mixes in features that help remind you that you are not un-punishable e.g. detention. Such features help maintain a beautiful balances between humour and realism.

The next great thing about Bully is that of levels of variety. This can be seen by how each student MPC is unique and differently voiced helping them feel like different characters rather than simple copies of each other. This is especially true of MPCs within the story, e.g. Russell, Gary etc. Other variety includes how the environment, while small compared to other open world games, is full of detail and interesting locations, e.g. the mental asylum, the fair ground, the slaughter house etc.

As far as I can see there are only two sources of concern within the game.

The first is the combat. This is a really fun feature of the game, with the use of unlocking new moves and weapons e.g. the rocket launcher (not that good due to accuracy issues); help to enhance combat make it feel fresh. What is also good is how the comical nature of the game helps to provide a nice contrast with the really violent nature of the game. There are however two major issues. The first is that the melee combat is too simple, as most moves require pressing square multiple times and holding it. The second issue is how the combat is too easy because the enemy A.I isn’t too sharp, meaning in the whole game I never once got knocked out (in GTA terms “died”). Such features remove tension in battle.

The second possible issue is that of story. The story is by no means a bad story, as you gradually progress via chapters, in which you fight the leader of each fraction and gradually climb the ladder of popularity. While at first this seems repetitive, it actually proves no to be so, because within each chapter Jimmy takes a different approach to beating each fraction, e.g. in the 4th (Spoiler) he uses the nerds to help beat the jocks. This is lack of repetitiveness, is helped by the variety of characters, missions, but mainly because of Jimmy himself being portrayed as the only sane character in an otherwise insanity filled school. Unfortunately though the ending is not cinematic enough, because while it provides a nice completed ending with no unanswered questions, it is very predictable and the final boss battle, in many ways is worse than the fights with the faction’s leaders.

Nevertheless these issues are not enough to prevent Bully being one of the greatest games Rockstar has ever made. If you can I would advise getting the ps2 version, because unfortunately the XBOX 360 version has few bugs, not many improvements in graphics, and not enough added in other than 4 new classes (that are mostly pointless) to make it a superior version. Nevertheless the XBOX version will still have great value.

Let’s hope Bully 2 is going to be just as awesome.
  21. May 30, 2016
    one of the best games ive ever played. It has a fun combat system with a really interesting story and irecently played it again in 2016 and it was genuinelly still very fun even though i own more recent rockstar games such as gta5 i spent more time on bully
  22. Mar 11, 2014
    +Great Level Design+
    +Excellent Soundtracks+
    +Great Voice Acting+
    +Awesome Combats+

Bully is one of the best PS2 games Ever developed.
  23. Nov 29, 2013
    So much fun, like a teen version of Grand Theft Auto games. Good soundtrack, nice story, and great gameplay. I had a lot of fun with it. Definitely worth playing.
  24. Jun 2, 2016
    Ok, this game is just great. I wouldn't give it less than 9.5. Really good graphics, entertaining missions, good story and also a good soundtrack. You can easily get very addictive to this game. For some of my friends its was difficult but I found it really easy. In this game you could do everything you'd like to do in your school or college without taking risks. I played San Andreas and IOk, this game is just great. I wouldn't give it less than 9.5. Really good graphics, entertaining missions, good story and also a good soundtrack. You can easily get very addictive to this game. For some of my friends its was difficult but I found it really easy. In this game you could do everything you'd like to do in your school or college without taking risks. I played San Andreas and I didn't like it but I really loved Bully (called Canis Canem Edit in Spain). Expand
  25. Jul 4, 2014
    Still an incredible game as we wait for a possible sequel. There's nothing I can write that hasn't already been written. If you haven't played Bully yet, what are you doing with your life?
  26. Jan 22, 2014
    A classic gta style sandbox. However its essentially a kid friendly version of gta. The size of the map is quite nice, and especially how the map has different sections like; the school, down town, the getto, the docks, the mental asylum, and the carnival. It controls just like a ps2 era gta game, so its easy to grasp the controls. The plot is fun if you are young and still in school,A classic gta style sandbox. However its essentially a kid friendly version of gta. The size of the map is quite nice, and especially how the map has different sections like; the school, down town, the getto, the docks, the mental asylum, and the carnival. It controls just like a ps2 era gta game, so its easy to grasp the controls. The plot is fun if you are young and still in school, that way you could relate to the whole click mentality. This game has a nice undertone of how hard it is to fit into a new school, and how you shouldn't judge people until you get to know them. The game length is quite nice not to long not too short. There are many aspects of the game that will distract you from the main story line such as, classes, side missions, social interaction, mini games, and of course what is a Rockstar game without collectables. I must say that the idea of school classes is a great one that has never been used before, and would be hard to recreate. The idea behind classes is that you only have two per in game school day, and each class will unlock certain things like science class improves your ability to make items like stink bombs etc... The classes are comprised of mini games that each have five levels. The mini games are also very fun like going to the carnival and playing carival games to win real prizes like a mo ped. The other cool thing is that because there is such a large map they include storage for bikes and mo peds. There is so much diversity in this game, so many places to explore, so many things to do that you really just need to play it for your self. You can find a copy on steam for around 15 dollars, or you can find a copy on the wii, or if you have a ps2 you can find a copy for next to nothing. This game defiantly deserves a squeal and knowing how Rockstar improves on its squeal, makes me excited for the future. Expand
  27. Aug 27, 2016
    My all time favourite ps2 game a all time classic ps2 game many years from now people will say you heard the game bully and people will say oh yeah i know that game
  28. Jan 4, 2017
    lets just say rockstar needs to put bully 2 between red dead 2 and gta 6 because honestly one of the best rockstar games to date wow buy this now 9/10
  29. Apr 10, 2016
    Ótima gameplay de combate, interação com objetos e pessoas, história envolvente, universo fantástico, trilha sonora, personagens únicos, sistema de gangues bem legal e um ótimo mapa pra explorar. Sem dúvidas meu jogo da Rockstar favorito.
  30. Sep 28, 2012
    Outstanding game. It has a unique atmosphere to it. The music, the characters, the school and town of Bullworth, the playfulness... everything blends together and creates one of those games you fall in love with and never forget.

#6 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#4 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. The first few minutes of Bully are claustrophobic and off-putting, but as soon as you and Jimmy settle in, the game becomes surprisingly endearing.
  2. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Immaculately designed and an absolute joy to play through. The best game of the year so far. [Dec 2006, p.22]
  3. Games Master UK
    Characters are brilliant parodies of people we all know from school - the fat kid who smells of wee, the flirty art teacher, geeks who greet you with the word "salutations." The attention to detail and the jokes are what makes it so good, along with its "GTA"-like gameplay. [Dec 2006, p.80]