8.9

1. Apr 20, 2011
    One of the best racing games you'll find on the PS2 aside from the Gran Turismo series. Pros: Excellent single-player gameplay and multi-player mode with online support; visually stunning; slick controls. Cons: The unskippable training sequences are annoying at times; the DJ is even more so.
  2. Dec 15, 2013
    Wow. I remembered when I used to play this game every single time on my PS2 back in 2004-2005. This game is flawless. The damage model of vehicles is what I loved about this game. Not only does it make crashes fun to watch, but it's so sophisticated that the unpredictable happens at some points (such as explosions). This game really deserves the place of best arcade racer on the PS2 (theWow. I remembered when I used to play this game every single time on my PS2 back in 2004-2005. This game is flawless. The damage model of vehicles is what I loved about this game. Not only does it make crashes fun to watch, but it's so sophisticated that the unpredictable happens at some points (such as explosions). This game really deserves the place of best arcade racer on the PS2 (the best simulation racer would be Gran Turismo 4). Criterion ought to make a spiritual successor to this game. Expand
  3. Nov 5, 2010
    Burnout 3: Takedown is one of the best if not best driving game I've played. This Burnout game is significantly different from the old ones. This is the first Burnout game published by Electronic Arts and they have added an official soundtrack to the game which is nice but there is too much skate rock in the soundtrack to my liking. The game play is similar to the previous Burnout games:Burnout 3: Takedown is one of the best if not best driving game I've played. This Burnout game is significantly different from the old ones. This is the first Burnout game published by Electronic Arts and they have added an official soundtrack to the game which is nice but there is too much skate rock in the soundtrack to my liking. The game play is similar to the previous Burnout games: Race around circuits trying to come in first play while avoiding traffic at high speeds. However now the game rewards you doing aggressive driving maneuvers like taking your opponents down (called a Takedown) where you barge or ram your opponents off the road and send them crashing into a wall or traffic. This earns you a boost top up which unlike the first two games, you can use the boost whenever you like (if you have any boost) instead of waiting to fully fill the boost bar and then try to use it in all in one go and can be increased from a small boost bar (which you start with) to a boost bar 4 times bigger but crash or get taken out by an opponent, you'll lose a segment of your boost bar (there are 3 segments of the boost bar). The annoying checkpoint system from the last two games has gone thank god and the racing itself feels more fluid and faster. You can still crash in this game but after you crash, you can preform an aftertouch takedown where you steer your wreckage into (hopefully) opponents. The graphics have taken a huge step up from Burnout 2. The cars are lovely to look at and their designs are inspired by real life car models like Ferraris and Porches, the environments are nicely detailed and varies from tropic roads to urban cities and the crashes have improved. The car deforms a lot more in which the car can become crumpled or bonnets and doors can come off. Crashes themselves look fantastic and sometimes can send your car flying 50 feet into the air. Like I said before the soundtrack may not be as good as the previous Burnouts but the audio is fantastic. Crashes sound great with the smashing glass sounding awesome and the cars engines sound simple but great. Besides the races you can participate in, you can also participate in Crash events. Improved from Burnout 2, your goal is to cause as much damage as possible and cause pileups in various road junctions. An addition to the Crash mode is the pickups dotted around the Crash junction. These can range from 2X multipliers that multiply your score at the end of the Crash by 2, Crashbreakers that explodes your car and causes even more damage and Heartbreaker that halves your final score which is not good! There's the regular Face off event to race in which you can win the car you face against. Throughout the main game, you can collect Signature takedowns in which you take down an opponent on a specific track in a specific place, part or vehicle which is a good addition but there's an element of luck needed to get all of them because you may be at the specific place you need to take someone down and an opponent maybe too far or too behind you which can be annoying. You can also get Crash newspapers which are rewarded when you cause lots of damage in a specific Crash junction and Postcards which are rewarded from getting a gold medal in a Time trial event. There is a great range of cars to drive like the Hot Rod or World US Racer (A formula style Car!). There is loads to unlock in this game which will provide you with loads of replay value and it should take some time to get all the Golds in each event of the game. While your racing, there's a great sense of speed and I never experienced any slowdown in the game despite whizzing along at 200 MPH and if you want to win in Burnout 3, you need to take risks by being aggressive towards your opponents and driving through heavy traffic as fast as possible. I do have one complaint though. Cheating AI. Your AI controlled opponents always seem to keep up with you regardless of how fast your going and one Crash can send you back down the field. This is a common criticism of the Burnout games though. Burnout 3: Takedown is a fantastic example on how a arcade racing game should be done and in my opinion, the best Burnout game in the series.â Expand
  4. May 16, 2012
    I love this game. Probably the best PS2 game ever. I love all the races there, and the cars. Probably the best game for your games collection! The graphics are great, gameplay is legendary and a very fun game!
  5. Oct 27, 2014
    I absolutely loved this game when I was younger and still love it today. It has great graphics for a 2004 game and has great racing mechanics and a truly satisfying mode where you get to blow up all cars in sight.
  6. Aug 12, 2010
    This by far the best Burnout game to ever come out. It has everything you could want: crashes, fast cars, and a large array of track variations. Overall, a very good game!
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    Burnout 3 has been my first and last racing game, and not surprisingly my favorite racing game. All of the game modes are very fun and the World Tour took me forever to finish. So far I haven't had any problems with this game.
  8. Mar 19, 2012
    By far the best racing game ive ever played. the cars, the speed the music... its all.... Perfect. its really a shame that criterion hasnt made anything that really competes with it. i mean, paradise was a good game, but not a good burnout game.
  9. May 14, 2012
    I really love this game its challenging and you can unlock bunch of cars. There is nothing better than crashing cars in other cars. In my option this is best driving game ever made.
  10. Apr 3, 2015
    17 hours it took me to finish this(didn't care about the golds). Dang that's good. The world tour is split into 2 parts: Race events and crash events. Crash is simple and fast and you're give a small intersection of part of road where you gotta drive up as fast as possible and crash into traffic causing the most collateral damage and picking multipliers. Very fun stuff. You also get you're17 hours it took me to finish this(didn't care about the golds). Dang that's good. The world tour is split into 2 parts: Race events and crash events. Crash is simple and fast and you're give a small intersection of part of road where you gotta drive up as fast as possible and crash into traffic causing the most collateral damage and picking multipliers. Very fun stuff. You also get you're race events going from simple races to trying to takedown tohe most racers in the alloted time.

Good sense of progression with cars mostly being unlocked in categories such as musle, sport, super classes. But at the end of the day it's all about speed and the ragdoll car physics. The game rewards you by driving dangerously and crashing in this game is a thing of glory. Your car will simply flip out sometimes 30 feet in the air and with a press of a button you can control your fall in slo-mo.

Seriously it's hard to beat this franchises for a rotation game in between more serious fare. It's perfect escapist and fully worth any price given what it gives back. I will review the other titles in the franchises so look'em up to see which the best in the end.
  11. Nov 29, 2013
    The best racing game that i have played. Many game mode, battle in the road, overtop graphics for PS2 games, excellent cars and many more. The success product made by criterion games.
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    This was the first game I got with my PS2, and one of the best I ever played on it. When I started playing this game, I didn't have a memory card yet.. but that didn't matter because along with a few buddies I could play this game the whole day (over 100 races, 3 people, the loser gives up the controller) with only the three starting cars available and a single map to race on. Treat thisThis was the first game I got with my PS2, and one of the best I ever played on it. When I started playing this game, I didn't have a memory card yet.. but that didn't matter because along with a few buddies I could play this game the whole day (over 100 races, 3 people, the loser gives up the controller) with only the three starting cars available and a single map to race on. Treat this as an indication on how fun the game was (splitscreen road rage rox). The solo campaign was amazing as well providing challenge and various racing/crash modes (for example: normal race, time attack, road rage where you have to destroy your opponents by crushing them into walls/trafic...). Although I currently have a PS3, sometimes I still go back to play this game a little. Oh.. and I don't even really like racing games...

Technically, from a PS2 perspective this game has great graphics, which do NOT fail (especially in single player mode) to give the sense of speed which makes this game such a joy to play. The graphics are accompanied by a fitting soundtrack, which makes you want to go faster and faster. One thing to remember this is an arcade style game, so don't expect any realism in driving your car.

The only thing that bothered my in this game was the loading times and the enemy AI (thankfully only a little bit).

So to conclude in my opinion this game is a "must have" for PS2 owners.
  13. Jun 30, 2014
    This must be the best game that I have ever played.Played it CONSTANTLY for years. Replaying it now and- although I have lost my skills - from a record of 105 takedowns to about 35 - first road rage - I still love it. Great graphics, amazing soundtrack, addictive... Beats rogue galaxy and LOZ ocarina of time - love them both, but burnout 3 shines.
  14. Aug 11, 2010
    I totally with you! Its good to see that majority people find this game exciting, thrilling, and majorly addictive. Though this game is really huge when u play the career mode. But gives u a bit of a challenge. Involves major crashes, High speeds, and hectic driving. It's a fantastic experience! whoever doesn't like this game. obviously. can't do it.
  15. AB
    Sep 10, 2004
    This game is so realistic. It is freaken cool!!! This is the best game ever!!!!
  16. Neil"Frog"W
    May 3, 2005
  17. FJ
    Aug 20, 2004
    The burnout series just keeps getting better...and faster...
  18. BrynH.
    Sep 13, 2004
    Best game i have ever played, Amazing graphics and the crashes are out of this world. But it has a crappy soundtrack.
  19. AmyP.
    Superb!
  20. AdamD.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This game is great well worth buying but one thing i cannot make out is i've unlocked 5 trucks/4wheel drives but they dont appear in the cars selection page?????? does anyone know why?
  21. ArtherA.
    Best arcade racer ever.
  22. MarkT.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Not normally a racing fan, but this is great fun - marred only by a couple of things: a poor soundtrack (does anyone know how you can change that?) and the continual repetition of training videos (can they be turned off?)
  23. JordanW.
    Feb 8, 2005
    It rocks the best crash game i have ever played cant wait for burn4.
  24. ScottW.
    Jul 25, 2005
    The best racing game you'll ever play!!!
  25. JamieR.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Absolutely stunning. One of the best games there are on the PS2. It gives you a real sense of speed (even the slowest cars) and the fastest cars make you feel like they're doing 300! I don't see how you could improve on this game...but still let them try.
  26. BenC.
    Nov 25, 2004
    It sounds brilliant and the demo is so much fun. Cannot wait to get into town and buy it. The guy who gave it a 3 is an idiot (are you trying to say that Pro Evo 4 is rubbish!) Give me a break.
  27. TonyfromHK
    Nov 5, 2004
    Very good racing game, very camera shoot. [Ed: huh?]
  28. JonnyS.
    Dec 10, 2004
    That guy who gave ti a 3, wot is he on man? he takes games way 2 seriously, this game is wiked trust.
  29. Fsi
    Sep 10, 2004
    Just a fun game well worth the money. Drive, crash, jump out of your seat, laugh, and takedown all your opponents in an excellent game from EA and Criterion.
  30. LukeW.
    Sep 1, 2004
    I l0v3 7h15 g4m3!!!!!
  31. WillM.
    Sep 16, 2004
    New graphics are nice. New cars are cool. Did they play BurnOut 1 & 2. Irritating. Not to be played again!! I'll wait for GT4 and play BurnOut 2.
  32. Mr.Kilowatt
    Sep 17, 2004
    All of the really important factors, like playability, control, FUN they got right. My only complaint is the music and the very annoying DJ Striker. Turn off the music and you've got a perfect game.
  33. IvanF.
    Sep 20, 2004
    The sense of speed depicted in Burnout 3: Takedown is magnificent. The graphics are beautiful and the crashes are rendered spectacularly. If there were less load times, the game would receive a 10.
  34. AnthonyL.
    Sep 20, 2004
    GT4? NFS? Test Drive? What are those? Burnout is the only game to play.
  35. O.E.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Truly epic from every scale. Addicitive, fun and downright varied.
  36. BurnOut
    Sep 30, 2004
    Mindless fun for a while.
  37. JayT.
    Sep 3, 2004
    Burnout re-defines the word fun.
  38. PabloQ.
    Sep 7, 2004
    Holy Sh*t i cannot believe this game!!! It is so realistic and fun to play...even your grandma would love it!
  39. AndrewH.
    Sep 9, 2004
    The world's must underapreciated racing fanchise gets even better and finally gets the attention it deserves. Grand Turismo who?
  40. BlancoA.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Breathtaking. I'm a devoted Need for Speed guy, but you count me in the converted. AI is unreal.
  41. TonyT.
    Jan 11, 2005
    This game is very fun and it is very very good.
  42. LukeT.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Brilliant move from the previous games in the Burnout series. "Road Rage" mode is the best part of the game in my opinion and I do recommend going online.
  43. MarkM.
    Jan 7, 2005
    The only reason I rated this game an 8 is because of the horrible soundtrack. The only decent song is The Ramones (side note: for you youngsters out there who think Green Day or Blink 182 are punk, go buy a Ramones CD or download a few Black Flag or Dead Kennedy's songs -- then, and only then, will you truly know what punk is). Other than the music, however, this game is a blast!! The only reason I rated this game an 8 is because of the horrible soundtrack. The only decent song is The Ramones (side note: for you youngsters out there who think Green Day or Blink 182 are punk, go buy a Ramones CD or download a few Black Flag or Dead Kennedy's songs -- then, and only then, will you truly know what punk is). Other than the music, however, this game is a blast!! I've never played the Burnout series before, so I can't compare it to past games. All I can say is that this game is a blast! Oh, and a NOTE TO HAT M. -- um, I drive a car every day as well ... have for almost 20 years. The difference is that I don't get to go 180 mph into oncoming traffic, push the jerk who just cut me off over a guard rail, nor do I get rewarded for causing $600K in damage after causing a 30-car pile up. If that's what YOU do every day, you are either the worst driver in recorded history, or learned to drive in Atlanta. I dunno ... maybe someone at EA games was mean to you or something. Expand
  44. HansD.
    Sep 4, 2005
    High speed chaos probably only outmatched by the upcoming sequel Burnout: Revenge.
  45. JonnyB.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Not as great as the xbox version. The better xbox graphics make the game have a little more realistic looking crashes.
  46. DerekF.
    Oct 18, 2004
    I just got this game and I have played it non-stop.... The selection of cars and races gives me a huge boner every time I play.
  47. GaryB.
    Oct 21, 2004
    This is just a well-made, fun game without a lot of the usual racing game crap to deal with. There is one thing that is creepy about it though. The enthusiastic DJ (from SSX 3 I think) is constantly condoning vehicular homicide. That's cool and all, but he's so upbeat about it. "Smash into 30 cars and kill everyone!" See, it's kinda creepy if you think about it. If it were This is just a well-made, fun game without a lot of the usual racing game crap to deal with. There is one thing that is creepy about it though. The enthusiastic DJ (from SSX 3 I think) is constantly condoning vehicular homicide. That's cool and all, but he's so upbeat about it. "Smash into 30 cars and kill everyone!" See, it's kinda creepy if you think about it. If it were a game with a darker tone, then it wouldn't seem so out of place. Not a big deal of course, but something to think about. I think it would be balanced out if you could kill pedestrians, children in particular. Collapse
  48. Phoenix
    Oct 23, 2004
    A brilliantly put-together game. the graphics are just amazing, and the sense of speed is unparalleled in the whole wide world of gaming. you couldnt go this fast in other games, even if you were falling from space attached to divers weights and a rocket. :-)
  49. DanMarino
    Oct 23, 2004
    Best ever!! Racing has never been more fun!! This game is an adrenaline rush like none other!! Forget about every other game ever made because this is the best game of all time!! I love this game!! It's even better than my all-time favorite game - "The Legend of Zelda: Nigger Beater In Green." If you believe in white supremacy, you will own this game. And if it gets too hard,Best ever!! Racing has never been more fun!! This game is an adrenaline rush like none other!! Forget about every other game ever made because this is the best game of all time!! I love this game!! It's even better than my all-time favorite game - "The Legend of Zelda: Nigger Beater In Green." If you believe in white supremacy, you will own this game. And if it gets too hard, just make your black african porch monkey slave nigger beat some tracks for you. Then tease him with watermelon and white women until he passes out chasing his tail around in circles. White power. Expand
  50. HatM.
    Oct 24, 2004
    This game is ok, but way overrated. OOHHH!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I GET TO DRIVE A CAR!!!! Give me a break. I drive a car everyday and it's no big deal. Video games are supposed to be an escape from reality, where you get do something you can't do in real life. But it's becoming increasingly popular to do stupid things in video games that you can do in real life like drive. It This game is ok, but way overrated. OOHHH!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I GET TO DRIVE A CAR!!!! Give me a break. I drive a car everyday and it's no big deal. Video games are supposed to be an escape from reality, where you get do something you can't do in real life. But it's becoming increasingly popular to do stupid things in video games that you can do in real life like drive. It won't be long before we have "Put On Your Pajamas and Brush Your Teeth: The Video Game." Why don't people try a game where they get to experience something new, like A Dog's Life. In that game you get to be a dog!!! Has anyone here ever been a dog?!! No, it's something new and that's why you should play it. You waste time in video games driving cars or playing football or buying property or delivering pizzas, when you could escape reality. So why are games like the Sims popular? Because people are stupid. People as a whole like bad movies, bad music, bad politicians, bad books, and of course bad video games. It's because of those people that the video game industry is going to hell. But ya, Burnout 3 is OK, but come on, let's try something new people. Expand
  51. MichaelB.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Burnout 3 should be renamed to Gran Need for Destruction Derby. The best bits of all those games crammed into one screaming rush that will leave you panting. Be careful however, you may feel inclined to kill any siblings who knock out the console power cord.
  52. Conrad
    Oct 3, 2004
    Exellent game. Few problems - DJ is crap, soundtrack is crap and everything gets a bit repetitive after a while.
  53. KyleK.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Sweet i just come back from America being there for 4 months and i played the demo. The best crashing scenes ever realistic (kinda) but thats just the demo i can't calm myself down a must get.
  54. JoeE.
    Jun 12, 2004
    This is the best racing game i ever saw in my life!the graphics,when the cars crash so much realistic cars & tracks i give this game to thumbs up 100% :)
  55. JamesS.
    Jul 21, 2004
    This is quite simply the best racing game in world bar none! Breathtaking! I'm going to buy 2 copies!
  56. SteveM
    Sep 10, 2004
    Great game, shame I was forced to totally shut off the appauling music. Lazy Generation as its theme tune!? The loading times are extremely long also and the terrible "are you REALLY sure you want to quit/save?" rears its ugly head way too often. Apart from that, its good.
  57. OcsirbS.
    Sep 10, 2004
    The single player ROCKS! However, EA totally screwed up multiplayer with disconnects every several minutes. They should have left the servers to M$.
  58. AlastairY.
    Sep 13, 2004
    It gains the sense of incredible speed that no other game even touches and the takedowns just are the most fun i have ever had on any video game. this game is possibly the best game i have ever played.
  59. BitBurn
    Sep 13, 2004
    Crazy!! Awesome arcade-style racing, smashing traffic, takedown rivals, I love the concept. A little frustrating feature such as that annoying training but the gameplay easily compensates. This game is a hit, literally!!
  60. AlamB.
    Sep 16, 2004
    if i could rank this game more than 10 it would be 50 all burnout games are good.
  61. SPEEDDEVIL
    Sep 20, 2004
    This is an awesome game. The best racing game out now. But it doesnt feel like burnout anymore and quite long loading times. But still what a game.
  62. MichaelT.
    Sep 20, 2004
    One of the best games I have ever played.
  63. ThomasW.
    Sep 21, 2004
    I think it is the best of the burnout out games, more cars, better grapics and its a lot faster. The takedown feature is extremely good as is the crash mode.
  64. BobBurton
    Sep 20, 2004
    Sublime! Incredibly fun & impeccable arcade-style racing!!
  65. RickS.
    Sep 8, 2004
    Absolutely incredible.
  66. L.G.
    Feb 17, 2005
    This game is the best racing game you will ever play this game beats need for spee underground 1 and 2 once you play this game you will never stop its the best game make sure that ea continues making burnout series in the future.
  67. Tim
    Apr 18, 2005
    I guess I'm the only one who found it more annoying than fun. The graphics are nice, but the physics are pure arcade, the DJ is irritating and it's mainly just focused on crashing and "boost." Overall, it seems designed for players who--physically or mentally--aren't old enough to drive.
  68. LeoL.
    Apr 22, 2005
    Great. Another way of enjoying race games. If you are bored of making the best curve, best lap etc, try to relax and put everything blowing up. Very very nice!
  69. Andrew
    Jun 22, 2005
    A masterpiece utterly superior to any other racing title and the one racing game you will ever need to buy. by the way, tim is probably one of those crazy nfs fanboys who wouldn't know a good game if it smacked him in the face.
  70. SamF.
    Aug 9, 2005
    If You want Crazy Crashes and loads of Fun get this Game. Its simply awesome. The Fun factor is amazing, But if your looking for realism then go buy GT4 Because this game is purely arcade gameplay with fast racing, wild physics and Sick Crashes. The Only thing that annoyed me was the Multipliers that really ruined the game beacuse Once you get a 2x or 3x multiplier you getting Gold Medal If You want Crazy Crashes and loads of Fun get this Game. Its simply awesome. The Fun factor is amazing, But if your looking for realism then go buy GT4 Because this game is purely arcade gameplay with fast racing, wild physics and Sick Crashes. The Only thing that annoyed me was the Multipliers that really ruined the game beacuse Once you get a 2x or 3x multiplier you getting Gold Medal Is Way too easy. Expand
  71. SamiH.
    Sep 25, 2005
    Briliant, Absolutely Amazing.
  72. JohnD.
    Nov 17, 2007
    This game is so near the perfect game... It's so much fun, but the only thing that starts to get frustrating is crashing into other cars (thank god this flaw was fixed in revenge).
  73. BenN.
    Nov 15, 2004
    Crash fm sucks, but the rest is brilliant.
  74. GabeM.
    Nov 23, 2004
    I think this game i the best and to the guy that gave it a three. Shut your hole nobody cares ea games is one of the best things to ever happen to the gaming industry so show your respect.
  75. EricT.
    Dec 18, 2004
    Ok. Hat M. I have this game for Xbox, but I've played the game on PS2 and i'm so mad i have to leave a review here too. Sure, you get to drive a car, but do you make a 30-car pile up-oh yeah, and a few tankers every day? Do you go 150 miles per hour into opposing traffic every day? This game is amazing. The best racing game I have played so far. Hat, if you don't like this Ok. Hat M. I have this game for Xbox, but I've played the game on PS2 and i'm so mad i have to leave a review here too. Sure, you get to drive a car, but do you make a 30-car pile up-oh yeah, and a few tankers every day? Do you go 150 miles per hour into opposing traffic every day? This game is amazing. The best racing game I have played so far. Hat, if you don't like this game, then you don't like video games period. Expand
  76. ClarkK.
    Oct 24, 2004
    This is what games are all about, fun. It cuts off the fat, and fun is all that remains. White power.
  77. MaxS.
    Aug 31, 2004
    THE BEST CAR GAME EVER.
  78. SnotRag
    Sep 13, 2004
    Wow. Period. If you purchase this game, you will NOT be disappointed. I would gladly spend 80 smackers just for the online play. Wow. Wow. Wow.
  79. ChadC.
    Dec 22, 2005
    One of the best racing games ever.
  80. NickT.
    Jan 31, 2005
    Even if you're not into racing games you still must give this a shot. Better in every way than it's predecessor (well, except for those annoying EA ads), you can pick up and race (or crash) with little to no experience in the genre. Yet, the latter races and crash junctions are challenging enough to keep the pros of previous Burnout titles busy. A personal fave, check it out.
  81. Sam
    May 27, 2005
    This is one hell of a game. With great graphics and excellent gameplay mechanics, this is one of the most perfect games i've ever played. For me, this is a good day: Go swimming, climb a few rocks, take a bath, get a few cans of dr Pepper with about 27 twinkies and (dare i say it) celery and an apple, watch Spider-Man 2 and Lord of the rings a few times, play burnout 3 until i faint This is one hell of a game. With great graphics and excellent gameplay mechanics, this is one of the most perfect games i've ever played. For me, this is a good day: Go swimming, climb a few rocks, take a bath, get a few cans of dr Pepper with about 27 twinkies and (dare i say it) celery and an apple, watch Spider-Man 2 and Lord of the rings a few times, play burnout 3 until i faint (basically for 19 hours). Of course, i haven't gone by this schedule yet, but i will soon. Expand
  82. BillA.
    Jun 12, 2005
    I just acquired this game when it reached GREATEST HITS status, the other night, I sat down in front of the PS2 and played this thing until 1:30 in the morning without even realizing it. My two favorite modes are Road Rage and crash. This is a good distraction..okay granted, there are better racing games out there, I will admit that but I just have tons of fun running racers off the track I just acquired this game when it reached GREATEST HITS status, the other night, I sat down in front of the PS2 and played this thing until 1:30 in the morning without even realizing it. My two favorite modes are Road Rage and crash. This is a good distraction..okay granted, there are better racing games out there, I will admit that but I just have tons of fun running racers off the track and watching them crash and causing mayhem in crash mode and it's all in the safety and comfort of my bedroom without resorting to it in real life. Graphics are nice, the cars are nice, the price is nice and I figure 4 million dollars in sales in 8 months of shelf life isn't chump change, not to mention the 80,016 people @ 49.99 a pop cannot be wrong...Buy this game, you can't go wrong either. the only criticism I have of the game is the DJ racing rules and crash rules that come on everytime I play, I guess I better read the instructions and see if I can turn it off. that aside, BUY THIS GAME, you won't be sorry. Expand
  83. AndrewP.
    Feb 17, 2006
    This game should be compulsory for every ps2 console sold, just to show everyone what is possilbe on ps2. Unfortunately it's not possible to give this a 100 out of 10, becuase that's what it's truly worth. As close to perfection of a game you can get.
  84. RoverT.
    Dec 27, 2008
    The best racing game ever. I have always hated how boring racing games are, and this takes that away by addding an amazing soundtrack (I have like 15 of the songs on my iPod), awesome graphics, and you crash on purpose. yeah thats right, YOU CRASH ON PURPOSE! Is'nt that every kids dream, to crash cars all day? This game blends the crashing and the racing perfectly with events like The best racing game ever. I have always hated how boring racing games are, and this takes that away by addding an amazing soundtrack (I have like 15 of the songs on my iPod), awesome graphics, and you crash on purpose. yeah thats right, YOU CRASH ON PURPOSE! Is'nt that every kids dream, to crash cars all day? This game blends the crashing and the racing perfectly with events like Races (more race than crash), Road Rage (more crash than race), and Crash Mode (all crash). Definitely a must buy. Expand
  85. Mar 28, 2015
    Best racing game ever. I never got bored of it even to this day 10 years after the release. i say if you have a PS2 or Xbox, just go out of your way to pick this game up from your local goodwill and give it a go.

1. A strong candidate for the coveted Game of the Year award, Burnout 3: Takedown is one of the best arcade racing games to come out in years.
  2. I absolutely hate the music which is a mix of cheap-sounding alternative and punk.
  3. Damn near flawless in almost every way shape and form. Brilliant visuals, ear pleasing audio, highly addictive game play, and enough modes and tracks to keep you busy for months on end.