7.8

1. Bigcountryhudson
    Apr 14, 2003
    Something to do when i cant be out there doing it for real even tho you cant get the thrill of guting it showing the deer off in town or that thrill of seeing him before you take the shot and your heart is punding but it is close to the real thing.
  2. PatrickP.
    Apr 15, 2003
    This game may not appeal to every one but for true die hard gamers and hunters this game combines the best of both worlds. It's great I can go hunting without having to get up 5:00 in the morning and hink 20 miles into BFE.
  3. TomR.
    Nov 16, 2003
    It is so cool how you can hunt every animal from an musk ox to a polar bear and a lot of deer.
  4. ManuelN
    Dec 29, 2009
    it is a great game for hunters, and anyone who wants to feel what hunting is truly about but its close to the real thing.
  5. PENNEYP.
    Mar 12, 2003
    If you are the type that likes to hunt but does not like the blood on your hands then this is the best game for you!
  6. JoshuaL.
    Mar 28, 2003
    I have the game and it realy captures the thrill of a hunt. and i agree about it being a little to cartoonish but it is a good game. I spend all day on it.
  7. DougHughes
    Mar 21, 2003
    I am 16 years old, and as you can imagine, I am really into games like GTA Vice City. I really enjoy blowing stuff up. Infact, the only reason I put the game in is because my cousin said it was way too hard. Actually, at first it was. He said that if I wanted to kill anything at all i would need to go into easy. Well, of course I was pigheaded and choose the medium difficulty. MyI am 16 years old, and as you can imagine, I am really into games like GTA Vice City. I really enjoy blowing stuff up. Infact, the only reason I put the game in is because my cousin said it was way too hard. Actually, at first it was. He said that if I wanted to kill anything at all i would need to go into easy. Well, of course I was pigheaded and choose the medium difficulty. My cousin was right, at first... I didn't see anything. So I took ten more minutes and went into the easy mode, as it does take about ten minutes to set the level up. But it is a ten minutes that you will want to take to select your gear and your weapons. Anyway, I went to easy and I was killing everything within a matter of minutes. I was a little upset that you can only kill one kind of animal at a time unless you go to a career. So I decided that it was a little too "easy", and once again I went to medium. After about fifteen minutes of wandering around not knowing what to look for because there were no red dots to guide me to the animals, I decided that I should use the scents and animal calls and decoys so that the animals would come to me. I was a little annoyed that it took so long to load and set up the levels, I just wanted to kill somethin. But, I decided to stick with it and see if my patience<(spelling??) was worth it. Well, it was worth it. I got really into setting everything up and putting decoys in just the right place. When I was finished getting ready, I spent about five minutes using the calls and looking around, and finally I got something. I would say that this game is very intertaining. If you have any patience, you should try it. I played the game until my cousin kicked me off. I give it a 9, because the four wheeler needs to act like a four wheeler. It doesn't even go fast; and because it would have been better if there wasn't so much loading.

It has some minor gameplay annoyances, but overall it delivers the slow-paced but nonetheless thrilling experience of game hunting.
  2. If you're the type that wants instant action and do not like games that take a long time to play, then this game will not appeal to you. They did a good job of capturing the true way of hunting and to be honest they might have made it less realistic.
  3. Sure, I can mow down countless humans in any FPS, but drilling a gentle animal is not my idea of a good time. [Mar 2003, p.83]