8.2

1. KeithS.
    Nov 12, 2005
    One of the best single player games I have ever played, but the online version is ridden with cheats, glitches and not a huge jump in gameplay. It is a disappointment to the first one.
  2. Carlos
    Nov 27, 2007
    Call of Duty Big Red One is a fun game, but by no means is this a fantastic game. The graphics are descent for a PS2 game but when comparing to other games on the system you see its not that great. Most of the places look the same and you don't see a lot of change until you get to the Italy part of the game. The gameplay though is good. The enemies will send you back if you try Call of Duty Big Red One is a fun game, but by no means is this a fantastic game. The graphics are descent for a PS2 game but when comparing to other games on the system you see its not that great. Most of the places look the same and you don't see a lot of change until you get to the Italy part of the game. The gameplay though is good. The enemies will send you back if you try charging them. The new grenade mechanic is a must have, when low on ammo. But the game is to short, I beat most of it in one sitting not even trying that hard. Another huge problem that I faced is that all you need is the M1 Garand to beat the game. But if you want a good time for a weekend rent it. Collapse
  3. MattI.
    Nov 19, 2005
    at first i thought htis was a HUGE waste of my money(only playing for an hour at my first time playing but as i progressed into the game i grew a little more attached to the characters. the multiplayer is not the best i have played. there are way too many hackers making it difficult to kill people. i found that the morning was the easiest because all of the hardcore gamers usually sleep at first i thought htis was a HUGE waste of my money(only playing for an hour at my first time playing but as i progressed into the game i grew a little more attached to the characters. the multiplayer is not the best i have played. there are way too many hackers making it difficult to kill people. i found that the morning was the easiest because all of the hardcore gamers usually sleep to noon. it was fairly difficult finding a server where i could connect to all of the players not allowing me to enter(although i have a broadband connection). i, personally like games where you have to use a few braincells but didnt find that in this game. and the missions are almost all the same(mindless killing). if you like a game that doesnt require a 3rd grade education with absolutely no intelligence this is the game for you. Expand
  4. Sep 27, 2013
    This game has a pretty decent story that actually makes sence unlike the other cods, the aiming and gameplay are actually solid and the graphics are pretty good for a game that came out in 2005. Treyarch did a good job with this game.
  5. Oct 4, 2015
    It's no Medal of Honor, but it's actually quite good. The graphics are not that nice, but the sound is ok and the atmosphere of WWII feels very realistic. The controls are sometimes a bit off though and the members of your company are sometimes standing between you and the enemy, making it hard to shoot at them. A very nice touch is the possibility to drive tanks and other vehicles!
  6. AndyC.
    Jan 24, 2006
    The single player mode is incredibly, dissappointingly short - just as you feel the game is about to really get going, the credits roll. There are also some irritating glitches (eg sometimes health and ammo is picked up automatically, sometimes not), and delays between pressing the reload button and your character actually doing it. The AI of your squad members is also poor at times - The single player mode is incredibly, dissappointingly short - just as you feel the game is about to really get going, the credits roll. There are also some irritating glitches (eg sometimes health and ammo is picked up automatically, sometimes not), and delays between pressing the reload button and your character actually doing it. The AI of your squad members is also poor at times - they have an annoying tendency of getting in the way at the worst possible moments. There's a good game lurking in there, but its brevity and shortness means it never truly comes to the surface. Expand
  7. ChrisM.
    Dec 8, 2006
    I have this game on the Xbox the graphics I think are better than the PS2 verson. Well I think anyway. The single player is quite dissapointing but is still good if you arent goin to play online then just rent this, the single player is only 13 missions long, unlike COD1 where it was quite long.

#29 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#19 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

And while the basic multiplayer component and a few obvious drops in pacing sometimes make the title feel a touch flat, the singleplayer campaigns are actually anything but.
    You don't have to already be a fan, though, to appreciate the game, and that's a big part of its appeal. It's pretty easy to jump in, grab a gun and start starring in your own WWII movie mowing down Nazis.
  3. I would put Call of Duty 2: Big Red One below "Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood," but above "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat."