7.4

1. Jan 2, 2014
    This is a great bullet-hell style vertical shooter with a terrible English translation. The translation doesn't really matter as the game play more than makes up for it.
  2. RickS.
    Sep 21, 2005
    This game surprised me.I love shooters and know how hard they are to find in this "next-gen" world.Though it is short,only 5 levels with two parts each,the amount of charecters to choose from makes replay fun.It's no Gradius5 but it made me happy to find at the store on a boring sunday afternoon. It is now wed. and I am still having fun!
  3. JL
    Jan 24, 2005
    Looks like XS Games chopped up yet another great shump from Japan. The graphics are great for a Naomi original. However, the story line was lostdue to the poor translation of speech and subtitles in this game. I rated the Japanese version a 8, but this U.S. release received a 5.
  4. Fighter17
    Dec 25, 2004
    When this game was coming out in the U.S.A, I knew it will be rare in a few years, so that why I pick up this game. The crappy translation of the game sucks, look at the back of the Game case and you know why, I never herd of a game that take 8 MB for high scores (it only takes like 300 kbs for the scores). This game is very good, the gameplay is very good, and many people to choose from. When this game was coming out in the U.S.A, I knew it will be rare in a few years, so that why I pick up this game. The crappy translation of the game sucks, look at the back of the Game case and you know why, I never herd of a game that take 8 MB for high scores (it only takes like 300 kbs for the scores). This game is very good, the gameplay is very good, and many people to choose from. It may not be the best shoot 'em up in the world, but I'm happy with it. If you find this game anywhere, get it. Collapse
  5. RaptorZX3
    Dec 14, 2004
    I've been waiting for this game since it got released in Japan (on Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2 and X-Box), and now i'm very happy someone published it here and didn't "butchered" it to crappiness (like they've done on Shikigami no Shiro, renamed "Mobile Light Force 2" here...). But strangely, it got discontinued 5-7 days after it got released, so that make this game a veryI've been waiting for this game since it got released in Japan (on Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2 and X-Box), and now i'm very happy someone published it here and didn't "butchered" it to crappiness (like they've done on Shikigami no Shiro, renamed "Mobile Light Force 2" here...). But strangely, it got discontinued 5-7 days after it got released, so that make this game a very rare one. The only negative thing about this game is the bad english voice-overs during cutscenes, but the game still have Japanese voices during the game(while you play). The game still play like the Japanese version, and it's a great game, not revolutionizing, but still a very good solid shooter! Expand

1. For what it is, Castle Shikigami 2 is decent and can be fun. It’s just a standard shooter and will most likely appeal to fans of this type of game. In other words, it won’t be winning people over to the genre.
  2. This is your typical 2D, old-school, vertical shooter, but the price is right, and there are some cool nuances. [Dec 2004, p.78]
  3. Solid game + hilarious translation + cheap price = MUST BUY.