8.6

1. Mar 27, 2012
    Probably my favorite game of all time. Maybe it's just the nostalgic value, but I am still madly in love with this game. I've memorized all the cutscenes and can recite them by heart (and have been for years). The character development is wonderful, the storyline is great (I loved the fact it showed how the Belmont clan began), the soundtrack is SPECTACULAR, and the gameplay was incrediblyProbably my favorite game of all time. Maybe it's just the nostalgic value, but I am still madly in love with this game. I've memorized all the cutscenes and can recite them by heart (and have been for years). The character development is wonderful, the storyline is great (I loved the fact it showed how the Belmont clan began), the soundtrack is SPECTACULAR, and the gameplay was incredibly addicting. I love playing as both Leon and Joachim, but the Pumpkin was incredibly silly and fun. It was the first attempt at a 3D Castlvania game since Castlevania 64 (another great one) and Konami did not fail to deliver a great game. The Forgotten One is the most grotesque and most difficult boss in the game, but the black orb received after beating it is quite worth it in my opinion. It's an amazing game that I reccommend to everyone. Expand
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    The game is well built, and has great presentation. The hit boxes are nice and killing groups of skeletons with your whip is extremely fun. It has superb graphics along with decent camera angels. The story is decent for a castlevania game. Some of the drawbacks are: its very short, it can feel a little repetitive at moments, and there's a lot of running around. Over all its a good game,The game is well built, and has great presentation. The hit boxes are nice and killing groups of skeletons with your whip is extremely fun. It has superb graphics along with decent camera angels. The story is decent for a castlevania game. Some of the drawbacks are: its very short, it can feel a little repetitive at moments, and there's a lot of running around. Over all its a good game, and the best 3D castlevania game to date. Expand
  3. Oct 21, 2014
    had lots of fun although the game is quite outdated still well planned nice. the story the graphics and the adventure excitingg
    however many story lapses but stil gr8 action

1. This game has something that very few games manage to capture; it is just pure fun. Balancing the challenge of the game with a good mix of enemies, bosses, and storyline, it simply works.
  2. Proof that a Castlevania game can be done in 3D while retaining the essence of the series with great music and gameplay, and a stylized look. There's still room for improvement, but it's a great new beginning. [Nov 2003, p.140]
    Seeing Konami’s premier Horror franchise rendered in such bland brushstrokes leaves a sour taste in the mouth, which is intensified by the fact that the game engine and combat mechanics are so well-tuned.