Chaos Legion PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
8.2

1. Anonymous
    Aug 20, 2003
    After the flop of DMC2 it's refreshing to know that Capcom isn't out of it yet. This game takes the action of the original DMC and improves on it. It also takes the Legions and makes them more tactical than hack n slash. I like the way the Legions can kick ass/get ass kicked, meaning the only thing you can rely on is how well you fight with Seig.
  2. MichaelT.
    Aug 24, 2003
    I thought the game was a lot of fun. It really never ends until each one of your legions is fully powered so it's not short if you want to beat it 100%. Great movies, and I liked the music in it too!
  3. dbzfreak73088
    Aug 8, 2003
    Omg!!! this game is awsome.. u people have to buy it.. its an action rpg.. based on a japanese novel.. which is an awsome novel too... but the game is the best!!!! x_x
  4. Laura
    Sep 10, 2003
    I think Chaos Legion is in may view a great game.
  5. JimmyM.
    Aug 10, 2003
    This game is insane, and reminds me of that game Devil May Cry, i would say, this game is worth getting. also the replay value is fantastic.
  6. Scrabblerp
    Jul 14, 2004
    I mostly liked the music in the game, especially the music at the 'press start' menu. I liked everything. I only wish there were more levels.
  7. NaomiM.
    Mar 7, 2005
    Screw everyone who didn't like this game. It's beautifully done, has a good story and the Legions are cool and helpful. It was great! I love all Capcom games and this is no exception. Seig is awesome!
  8. AkeemG.
    Jan 8, 2007
    Chaos Legion brings something different to the table that a lot of other free style RPG games have been missing and thats the ability to summon and command up to six allies to help destroy thousands of enemies in beutiful and long stages that doesn't have any kill joy puzzles to solve that makes even the most intense action seem so dull that you'll hesitate to play the game like Chaos Legion brings something different to the table that a lot of other free style RPG games have been missing and thats the ability to summon and command up to six allies to help destroy thousands of enemies in beutiful and long stages that doesn't have any kill joy puzzles to solve that makes even the most intense action seem so dull that you'll hesitate to play the game like any of the games from the Devil May Cry or the Onimusha series, that is why it's so much more addictive and better and less boring than them. Expand
  9. Ashjrdarkmoon
    Jul 25, 2003
    From what i heard the game is supposed to be ten times better than the devil may cry series. i also seem alot of great screen shots of this game and i think it will be better im hopeing sometime in the future they will make chaos legion 2 all you devil may cry fans give chaos legion a shot.
  10. LordAsmodeusDiablo
    Sep 11, 2003
    Very good.
  11. DaveY.
    Sep 7, 2003
    Non-stop action and customizeable battle-buddies makes this game rock solid, especially for all those DMC2 fans out there. This game kicks @$$.
  12. AshleyT.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Sieg is the coolest character in vide games. I loved this game. it is really cool!
  13. JaredM.
    Aug 15, 2005
    I got this game on August 15, 2005 and I barely played it b/c i had things to do but i was very anxious to play it. Even though I barely played it I played enough of it to know that it will be even cooler so all of those who think i am rating this game to soon oh well and for the two of the 20+ people who rated this game who said it sucked well screw you, you wouldn't know a great I got this game on August 15, 2005 and I barely played it b/c i had things to do but i was very anxious to play it. Even though I barely played it I played enough of it to know that it will be even cooler so all of those who think i am rating this game to soon oh well and for the two of the 20+ people who rated this game who said it sucked well screw you, you wouldn't know a great game if it came up and bit you in the butt. so back off Expand
  14. KarenO.
    Nov 2, 2007
    This is the most fun game that I have ever played,it is so fun that I continuously play it almost every day,Its the only game in my video game library that keeps me coming back for more and more.I literally fell in love with chaos legion the first day I played it,it,s a real addiction.I Realy Hope and pray that there will be a sequel one day.Finally Iwould like to thank everyone at capcom This is the most fun game that I have ever played,it is so fun that I continuously play it almost every day,Its the only game in my video game library that keeps me coming back for more and more.I literally fell in love with chaos legion the first day I played it,it,s a real addiction.I Realy Hope and pray that there will be a sequel one day.Finally Iwould like to thank everyone at capcom for creating Chaos Legion and making it possible because chaos legion is one of those very few unique,magnificent, and unforgetable games that only comes along once in a life time. Expand
  15. JIFAN
    Nov 13, 2003
    It's a great game, and I do not know why, it got such a low score 64? it's cool, much better than DMC 2.
    Aug 11, 2003
    Really nice game here! Sure, the story's a bit whacked, but I just happen to like those kinda plots! I love using Legions whenever it's necessary, just like a tactical person.
  17. DennisA.
    Aug 13, 2003
    Intruiging plot, fast paced, with replayability value, not as easy as it seems, and the AI does a great job, not allowing this game to be a typical hack n slash.
  18. NinjaMafia
    Aug 15, 2003
    Okay Chaos Legion is basically a beat 'em up with a twist, you can summon monstars called legions to support you. The legion can perform strong attacks, but you have to give out orders for them to do that, but the best part about the legions is the way they boost up your main character. You can gain combos, magic attacks, extra strength, defense, life and just about anything else Okay Chaos Legion is basically a beat 'em up with a twist, you can summon monstars called legions to support you. The legion can perform strong attacks, but you have to give out orders for them to do that, but the best part about the legions is the way they boost up your main character. You can gain combos, magic attacks, extra strength, defense, life and just about anything else from your legions. The gameplay is extremely fun seeing how you can level up your legions and do it all with syle. However the game isn't as stylish as I would wish it would be. The games graphics are actually really good. People complain about the mass amount of fog in this game, but I actually find the fog to give off a fantastic atmospere. Enemies and characters all look pretty good. The games sound however is it's weak point. The voice actors in English are okay at the best. The Japanese acting is a bit better but could have been done a bit nicer. The music started off great but the farther in the game you got, the less music played. The story is actually pretty good. It actually only seems good to me becuase it reminds me of old fantasy games with their awkward storylines. Overall, Chaos Legion is one Fantastic game with enough replay value to make me atleast rent this game a few times, if not buy it. However many people will be turned off by the games sound and repetitive gameplay. Collapse
  19. Killer1Killer2
    Aug 18, 2003
    Never Played it but seems really cool , the graphics look good the gameplay looks good the characters look tight dunno what else to say it looks really really good i hope u all say this is a good game cause im proboly gonna get it and i dont like getting gay games :(
  20. NinjaMafia
    Aug 24, 2003
    I'm kind of trying to rewrite my review here to give people a better explanation of the game. Ok to start off, Chaos Legion is an action/RPG where you can summon legions, monsters that help you fight off the thousands of enemies, and gain abilities from your legions. I loved the idea of the legions and yes they did pull it off very well in my opinion. The gameplay is a basic hackI'm kind of trying to rewrite my review here to give people a better explanation of the game. Ok to start off, Chaos Legion is an action/RPG where you can summon legions, monsters that help you fight off the thousands of enemies, and gain abilities from your legions. I loved the idea of the legions and yes they did pull it off very well in my opinion. The gameplay is a basic hack 'n slash with you being able to do very limited attacks, but the legions and the abilities they give you really spiced up the gameplay for me. However, if there was one thing I could change about the gameplay, it would be the option to combo attack, kind of like in Devil May Cry or even Dynasty Warriors 4. Still Chaos legion is on addictive game that will keep me going for months or so, the RPG elements let you level up your Legion's abilities, attack, defense, number summoned, etc. The graphics in this game were actually real nice. The characters and monsters where all highly detailed, the enviroments had a nice atmosphere to them, and the fog that was put there to prevent slowdown actually increases the atmosphere of the game. This games downfall, however is in the sound. The first stage had a great synphony that really added to the game, however later one the best music you will have is, well actually nothing, thats right, the game quites its orchestra and just leaves the music out of the game. The voice acting is also pretty bad. I didn't find anyones voice to be any good, however you could always switch to Japanese, which I found out after I beat the game. The storyline in the game is also very weak, not understanding everything that has happened until the end, which could have been good, but it still leaves some plot holes, but hey I liked that storyline well enough. Overall, Chaos Legion is a highly addictive and Awesome game to at the very least rent. However I can see tons of people hatingthis game so watch out. Expand
  21. Koharu-Chan
    Sep 21, 2003
    I LOVE Chaos Legion! I haven't beaten it yet....*pout* but my best friend did, yet I STILL love it! ^,^ It has wonderful graphics, great gameplay and an overall COMPLETELY interesting storyline! I think that Sieg is one of THE COOLEST video game characters EVER! He's up there with Cloud (FFVII) And Link (LOZ)!! Chaos Legion is AWESOME! ^,^
  22. Aug 29, 2010
    nice game but slightly repetative combat and some bad level design mask a otherwise awesome and engaging game. Awesome graphics and cool legion design makes the icing on the cake tasty but the icing covers a slightly sour cake. Gameplay should be a little easier on the player, especially boss battles.
  23. Jun 21, 2016
    Even after so many years, I still have this game and started to play it again, I really had a lot of fun, The characters were great, also bad ass looking. The Story isn't something to write home about but!, the gameplay was fast and fun, the small summoning weapons were fantastic and the ending was better than most games now a days.

#51 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#26 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Although it's a beautiful game full of nonstop, relentless action, Chaos' flaws turn a potentially stellar title into merely a solid one for genre fans. [July 2003, p.96]
  2. netjak
    An above average action game for the PS2 that has some great character designs and a world that needs more fleshing out. Still with all it's small faults it's still a game I keep coming back to just to witness another beatdown, and if a game can do that it's not so bad in my book.
    Although its replay value leaves a bit to be desired, Chaos Legion is still a decent brawler with some clever combat and stylish visuals.