tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Aug 7, 2014
    Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers is a...well it's a decent game. I've certainly seem better but at the same time, I've seen far much worse. So I'll give it a bit of leeway in terms of my rating of it. The system may be clunky, what with Germans shooting you off screen. As well as a basic RPG element that really doesn't belong there. But the game is still fun, it'll keep you busy for quite aCombat Elite: WWII Paratroopers is a...well it's a decent game. I've certainly seem better but at the same time, I've seen far much worse. So I'll give it a bit of leeway in terms of my rating of it. The system may be clunky, what with Germans shooting you off screen. As well as a basic RPG element that really doesn't belong there. But the game is still fun, it'll keep you busy for quite a while, maybe even for a second playthrough. But this is weighted down by the issues above, add in a confusing mission layout, what with missions lasting anywhere for twenty minutes to like, twenty seconds. As well as basically useless allies in combat and a generic story.

While it isn't the best game, Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers gets a 6/10 from me. It has a few fun elements to it, but the overall bad system lowers its score. It's only above five because it kept me busy, I played through all three characters yet I wanted more. Fun but flawed game.

1. The graphics are refreshingly crisp and clear, while the battlefield sound effects are spot on, incorporating a medley of explosions, machinegun fire and desperate battle cries.
  2. Nice graphics and solid sound, but the general gameplay and linear nature of the game make this a mindless, linear run-and-gun experience.
  3. A decent game hampered by a bad camera and frustrating design choices. [Sept 2004, p.24]