Conflict: Desert Storm PlayStation 2

8.6

1. NickG.
    Mar 15, 2003
    This is the perfect game for people who love to play wargames. It's better than Medal of Honor: frontline and just as good as Socom. Anybody wanting to kill Iraqies but is to old or too young will have a blast with this game. The levels are challenging but not impossible. One of the main problems is running out of rockets or bombs, if you face a tank without these items than your This is the perfect game for people who love to play wargames. It's better than Medal of Honor: frontline and just as good as Socom. Anybody wanting to kill Iraqies but is to old or too young will have a blast with this game. The levels are challenging but not impossible. One of the main problems is running out of rockets or bombs, if you face a tank without these items than your screwed. All together it is a great game. Expand
  2. AndyS.
    Mar 21, 2003
    The best war game yet perfect game for people who love to play wargames Wide variety of realistic missions .This is a good MULTI player game this is my favorite game this year it is so tight because you can KILL. i have it for ps2.
  3. Roberto
    Mar 25, 2003
    This game is awesome. I much better than SOCOM... This game is very good... I recommend this game for the people that like the war... I'm waiting for the sequel with enthusiasm.
  4. R.Ruiz
    Apr 10, 2003
    Great game! Now I am wondering will they make a game to the current war "Operation: freedom Iraq"? Only time will tell.
  5. JacoS.
    Dec 17, 2002
    This game is awesome...those reviews are stooopid! This is a good MULTI player game, because, it's more fun to have control of 2-players instead of 4 split screen...it's better for saving eachother and stuff. Can you deal with that?!
  6. TomasB.
    Oct 8, 2002
    Absolutely awesome game!!! The Co-op gameplay was near to perfect and the military tactics were really realistic. I've played the game with my armybuddy and we noticed that both the enemy- and allied A.I. was really good.
  7. BobD.
    Mar 31, 2003
    This game is the bomb-dig-a-de for shizzle dizzle.
  8. DanW.
    Mar 24, 2003
    It rocks if u dont like it then u need mental help m8!
  9. MikeA.
    Mar 26, 2003
    Game looks real from city to desert.
  10. JedK.
    May 19, 2003
    This game is totally sweet!!! the air strikes are also tight.
  11. BobDude
    Jun 11, 2003
    Great multi player action do missions together as a team.
  12. BenW.
    Nov 14, 2002
    Unfortuantely current gamer magazines are biased to games like the Resident Evil series, they don't have the brain capacity to notice what is new and innovative. This game is almost flawless, it flows smoothly unlike anything before it. The multiplayer and computer AI is superior to anything on the market including SOCOM which the AI tends to get confused. With awesome graphics and Unfortuantely current gamer magazines are biased to games like the Resident Evil series, they don't have the brain capacity to notice what is new and innovative. This game is almost flawless, it flows smoothly unlike anything before it. The multiplayer and computer AI is superior to anything on the market including SOCOM which the AI tends to get confused. With awesome graphics and plenty of stealth, problem solving and action this game tops the current market for this genre. Expand
  13. MarcF.
    Jan 3, 2003
    The gameplay was excellent, both realistic and enjoyable. If the graphics were a little bit better it would have got a 10. I can't understand why it's got all these bad reviews.
  14. Luke
    Mar 5, 2003
    The game is great. Wide variety of realistic missions. Realistic gameplay and enemy tactics. Worthwhile.
  15. AndrewW.
    Feb 23, 2003
    A guess game critics aren't as different as liberals, they both suck. This game is sweet. If you take the time to actually sneak around and observe the environment it's alot more suspenseful than running around and shooting at anything and everything. oh yeah one other thing, Resident Evil is the bomb.
  16. GaryL.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Both myself and my young lad have enjoyed hours of fun with this. I think some of the comments are misguided we LOVE it.
  17. GlenG.
    Dec 6, 2002
    One of the best games ive played in a while. It is brilliant for a few mates to get together and have a bash and goof when your on your own. It makes you feel as if your there and the A.I. is wicked.
  18. ErikD.
    Feb 28, 2003
    I've had no problems with my PC version. This game is addicting big time. I mean, who doesn't like looking through the scope at an un-suspecting Iraqi soldier, just to pop him in the head and watch him flip over 180 style! I also dig the "up-close" indoors fighting where I tend to switch to shotguns, also very satisfying...
  19. StewartR.
    May 3, 2003
    Some levels are to hard to beat, and interactions with surroundings are bad. The city levels are to hard to navigate, plus you cannot destroy a tank if it is parked up against a wall. Good graphics, though. The wide aray of weapons and real life missions are great.
  20. MathewM.
    Nov 21, 2002
    Best game i played. I like that missions. It feels real.
  21. May 21, 2011
    a very good game especially in 2 player you can do a lot of team work and that makes it a very enjoyable co op game to play. i enjoyed playing every mission and i enjoyed sequels as well

#14 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#20 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    It's not worth a second look by any but the most battle-hungry war fan. [Dec 2002, p.158]
  2. The dead-average quality of Desert Storm’s gameplay doesn’t help make the cause for realistic-to-a-fault military sims any easier to abdicate.
  3. This version isn't quite as intriguing as the conflict on the Xbox thanks to the shoddier look and only two-player multiplayer.