8.2

1. DanR.
    Oct 8, 2004
    Why does the soldier you're controlling always have to pace! There is no way to make him stand or lie still.
  2. AdamM.
    Sep 11, 2004
    A great follow onto the other conflict games amasing graphics and great team play loved every second of it.
  3. KarlF.
    Sep 25, 2004
    Squad based war on rails, a great disappointment.
  4. Viola
    Jan 9, 2005
    It's ok thanks to the "infinite weapons cheat" otherwise we'd never make it through!
  5. Xavier
    Oct 7, 2004
    Combat with brains. Good combination of action and strategy makes for a very entertaining game. Mastering the different strengths of each soldier and using them as a team is essential in getting through the missions. It also adds realism to the game.
  6. JoeH.
    Sep 5, 2004
    Can't fault it.
  7. G.Achey
    Jul 24, 2005
    Extremely hard but but an exellent addition to the conflict seires with more conrtrol over your team.
  8. J.Tefft
    May 11, 2005
    Fun and exciting. Long and hard. It is fun and so hard. I couldn't believe how hard it was on EASY. Good graphics, statagy, thrill and a pain in the neck. (At least I didn't have to cheat!!!)
  9. JoeE.
    Apr 24, 2007
    Great game great graphics just like Vietnam. Greatest game of 2004.
  10. Jan 31, 2013
    I have never been a big fan of game series that receive yearly releases as the short development time often means that each game changes very little from its predecessor. Having enjoyed both Conflict Desert Storm and, to a lesser degree, Desert Storm 2 however I was enticed by the promise of playing the main campaign in four player spilt screen mode. If only I had hired the game first!I have never been a big fan of game series that receive yearly releases as the short development time often means that each game changes very little from its predecessor. Having enjoyed both Conflict Desert Storm and, to a lesser degree, Desert Storm 2 however I was enticed by the promise of playing the main campaign in four player spilt screen mode. If only I had hired the game first!

The setting itself didn't exactly help. Upon its release in 2004 Vietnam seemed to be the setting for virtually every new FPS and, as with nearly every other attempt at the time, this setting was completely wasted. Why surround the players with dense forest if invisible walls prevent you from leaving the path set out by the games designers?

The games biggest problem however is something that irritates me more than virtually anything else in gaming, endlessly re-spawning enemies. This device is still employed in some modern shooters but here even advancing through the level ceases to put a stop the never-ending barrage of bullets coming your way. In the end the only option is to run around the level completing each objective as quickly as possible with no opportunity to employ any team based tactics as was the case in the two Desert Storm Entries. It is rare from me to give anything a one out of ten rating but Conflict Vietnam is an absolute waste of time and money.

#81 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

Another problem comes in how Conflict: Vietnam handles aiming. Whenever I drew my weapon in first-person view, a bulky rifle sight popped up and took over a good chunk of my screen. Making matters worse, the sight proved to be completely ineffective.
    The mediocre graphics do an adequate job of rendering believable jungle environments, but the unattractive artistic style tends to jar with the hardboiled atmosphere. [Dec 2004, p.114]
    The looseness of Conflict: Vietnam, from the lack of comfortable and immediate controls to the boring progression of the game, just doesn't cut it. While the idea of squad-driven combat set in the tense, emotionally-charged setting of Vietnam has potential, Conflict: Vietnam falls short in execution.